Dakota's Surprise Pt. 04

Story Info
Dakota comes out and makes new friends.
12.1k words
4.81
7.2k
12

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 12/15/2022
Created 09/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mfan2112
mfan2112
163 Followers

Dear Readers, I hope you enjoy this piece. If you like it, please check out my other works.

You know, dear reader, Dakota learned in her tax class, the IRS code is broken into sections, which are similar to chapters in a book. Many sections of the IRS code refer to other, earlier, sections and are only understood in the context of what came before it. So, don't be a dolt and try to read this section without the proper context. Otherwise I might have to make you help Dakota on her paper for Tax class on U.S. Code § 368. Definitions relating to corporate reorganizations, and that just wouldn't be any fun now would it?

Special thanks to my reviewers, both to he who wishes to remain anonymous, and NaughtyDragon, who helped me slay many beastly errors. I am sure a few errors still exist, and those are all on me. If you would like to be on my team of editors, please let me know.

I consider feedback a gift, so I do read your comments and PMs. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always welcomed.

~mfan2112

____________________

Dakota's Surprise: Part 4 - New Friends

Take yourself a friend.

Keep 'em till the end.

Whether woman or man,

it makes you feel so good,

so good.

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, Take A Friend

____________________

"What was that?" Dakota almost spit out the water she was drinking.

"I'm so sorry..."

Dakota could feel her blood pressure rising. She breathed deeply a couple of times, clenching her jaw to keep from spewing the profanity that was going through her mind.

"I take it's not mine," Dakota muttered. Hailey shook her head no. "How could you, Hailey? I thought we had something special together?" Dakota's voice was trembling with anger and despair.

"We did... we do... I just..."

"You cheated on me. You lied to me." Water sloshed from the glass as it thumped against the table.

"Dakota..." Hailey was pleading with her "... I'm so scared... I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry too. I think I need to go now before I say something I am going to regret." She didn't bother to pick up the chair she'd knocked to the floor as she stood up. The sound of Hailey's crying only served as fuel to the fire of anger and hurt. She swiped at her eyes as she passed the greeter's station. Safely ensconced in her car, the tears flowed as she screamed and beat on the steering wheel. In a small, quiet part of her mind she hoped that Hailey never heard the things she was screaming into the void.

____________________

Dakota was glad that when classes started, she only had one class with Hailey. When Dakota entered the room, he sat as far from her as he could. Their classmates noticed and when asked, Dakota politely answered they were no longer together.

Two weeks later, Dakota failed to get out of class fast enough to avoid Hailey. He had been ignoring her texts and phone calls since "The Evening".

"Can we talk, please?" Dakota saw a look on her face he had never seen on her before, but one he recognized from his own past of being so defeated all you can do is soldier on.

"Why, what is there to talk about?" Dakota growled to buttress the fortress of resentment he had built up towards Hailey in the last two weeks.

"Can we talk about us?"

"Thanks to you, there is no US anymore." He was looking everywhere, except at Hailey.

"Please Dakota, can we at least have closure?"

"Fine, let's go over to the student union and get a table." Dakota put his backpack on and pulled out his phone. He tried to not look at Hailey while they walked across campus. They grabbed a table and Dakota slumped down, burning to ask the question that was etched in his mind.

"Ok, so what the hell happened?"

"It was all innocent at first, just a group from my office going out for drinks after work. After the fourth time, the others left, and it was just him and me. Before I knew it, I was in his car heading to his place and one thing led to another... oh Dakota, I feel like such a fool. I have completely wrecked my life. I'm scared, I don't know what to do, and my best friend hates me now." Her hands were on her face and she was crying. Dakota felt just a little sorry for her. She slid around the table and sat next to her.

"I'm sorry you are going through this Hailey, really I am." She put her arm around her ex-girlfriend.

"Thanks, Dakota. That means a lot to me right now."

"So, what is going to happen to you?"

"Well, I don't know. I am going to finish the fall and winter term, but spring quarter I don't know. I will be so close to graduating. I will only have two capstone classes I need to take at that point, but the baby is due around midterms of spring quarter so I don't know if I will finish or not."

"Do you know what you are going to do after graduation?"

"Well, I am going to live at home until I get a job. My mom, once she got over the shock, said she would help me raise the baby. My dad wanted to grab his shotgun and go after the father, but mom talked him out of it. I told we needed him alive for the child support."

"I see."

"Thanks for listening, Dakota. I know I destroyed any chance of you and me together, but I hope we can still be friends."

"Maybe, this still hurts Hailey. It is going to take some time to heal."

Hailey stifled a bit of a sob. "I understand. I want you to know, I want us to continue to be friends when you are ready."

____________________

The week after Thanksgiving Dakota sat in the library alone, nose in a textbook, when out of the corner of her eye she noticed another student putting up a flyer on a bulletin board, but didn't pay much attention to her. The same student was at a bulletin board in the student union later in the day and this time, after the gal had left, Dakota went and looked at the poster. It was promoting the LGBTQ+ club and their weekly meeting. Dakota had thought about going at different times to check it out but never wanted to come to campus dressed as a female. She did her best never to be on campus other than when she had classes, or in moments like this, where she was between classes and it made little sense to head home just to return later in the day.

The following Saturday she headed to her favorite coffee shop near Leslie and Karen's place with her schoolbag to spend a few hours studying before going and doing some babysitting for her prof. This day it was a little more packed than normal. She looked around and the only place was the other end of a table that was occupied by Poster Girl. Dakota asked if she could share the table and was warmly received.

"Do you go to CSU?" Poster Girl asked.

"Yes, I am in my last year. How did you know?"

"Well, the CSU sweatshirt was the first clue, and the big thick textbook was the second."

"Ha, well, guilty as charged. You go to CSU as well; I think I saw you hanging posters around campus."

"That was me. I haven't seen you around before though."

"I'm around, some. What is your major? What year are you?"

"Sophomore, going into political science and gender studies. You?"

"I am a fifth-year senior in Accounting and Finance, so I am mainly in the School of Business. Also, you might not have recognized me as when I am on campus I don't look or dress like this."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just say most of my classmates only know my male persona."

"You're trans? Wow, if you had said nothing, I wouldn't have known."

"Thanks." Dakota paused, unsure how to respond. "I'm Dakota, nice to meet you."

"Melissa. You should come to the LGBT group on Tuesday nights."

"I've thought about it, but I would be uncomfortable being like this on campus. Only a couple people know about me and it would be... um... awkward."

"I understand Dakota."

The two returned to their studies. Dakota was trying to wrap her mind around her investment textbook and modern portfolio theory when Melissa spoke up.

"Dakota, what are you doing tomorrow night? A few of us from the club are going to get together and see a movie. Would you like to join us?"

Melissa explained that it would be off campus with two of her friends; and since she suspected that the other two were clicking with each other, she was looking to figure out a way not to be the third wheel. After pondering it a moment, she agreed and got Melissa's phone number and agreed to meet them at the multiplex the following night.

The next night Dakota wore a green knee-length skirt and a thick sweater. She was thankful she had stockings on since her legs were getting cold. During a scary scene in the first part of the movie, Melissa jumped and then did her best to snuggle up with Dakota. She wrapped her arm around the younger girl and the two remained that way for the rest of the movie. They looked over at Melissa's roommate and her friend and snickered to each other as the other two were in full make-out mode.

At the end of the movie, as they were in the lobby, Melissa was holding Dakota's hand and the small group stood in a corner. The other two were rather clingy with each other, and it looked like they were not ready for the night to end and wanted some alone time.

"Melissa, if you like, I can take you home and we can leave these two lovebirds to do their thing."

"I'd like that, Dakota." Her friends thought that was a great idea, and they split up.

As they headed to the car, Melissa spoke up, "You don't have to take me back yet if you don't want to. We could go get a coffee or something and hang out for a bit."

"Or we could go back to my place, I live alone."

"I'd like that, Dakota." As they head to the car, Dakota opened the door for Melissa and felt the younger girl brush her hand on her arm as she got in. During the short drive to her place, she saw that Melissa was checking her out the entire time. Dakota poured two glasses of chardonnay and they sat down on the couch. They chatted about some happenings on campus and Dakota got a bit of insight into dorm life, something she never experienced. Melissa, being 19, thought it was cool that Dakota was old enough to keep beer and wine around like it was no big deal.

"I like how you are playing with my hair, Dakota. That feels good." Dakota looked at her hand and realized she was absent-mindedly playing with Melissa's black hair. She felt a flutter in her chest. Their eyes locked on each other, and then Dakota leaned forward and placed her lips on the younger woman's. Dakota saw Melissa's eyes light up as she caressed her stocking clad legs. Dakota let out a small moan of pleasure at the sensation. Her hands went exploring and found their way up Melissa's blouse. They broke their kiss when Dakota slipped her hand under the younger woman's bra cup and rolled her nipple between her fingers. Melissa stood up and removed her blouse and bra, releasing a nice pair of ample tits. She was a bit on the plump side, but not what one would call thick or fat. Dakota suckled on her other breast and made her way down Melissa's skirt. She felt a small patch of bush above her snatch, but her labia were smooth and moist.

Not able to take the awkwardness between her legs any longer, Dakota stood up, reached under her skirt, and whipped her panties off. The tent forming in Dakota's skirt mesmerized Melissa while the older woman removed her sweater and bra.

"Someone was hoping for something tonight, your bra and panties match." Melissa was holding up the discarded red panties in her hand. Dakota just smiled as Melissa pulled her black thong off and tossed it next to its companion on the floor.

"Looks like I was not the only one..." this time Melissa smiled. She reached out and put her hand on the tent in Dakota's skirt. She explored its shape through the fabric when Dakota undid the buttons and dropped it to the floor. She then helped Melissa unzip hers. Both women now were down to their stocking and garter belts. Dakota lay down on the couch and pulled Melissa on top of her. Lips met lips and for a long while, the two reveled in the feeling of flesh on flesh. Melissa pressed her hands on Dakota's chest and lifted herself up. Dakota gazed upon a pair of pert breasts, firm erect nipples standing in the middle of large areolas. Melissa was wet with anticipation and ground her pussy on the hard cock between her legs. Her black hair shook back and forth as her body approached her climax.

"Yes, that's it, I'm cumming!" Dakota could feel her thighs clamp against her sides as her breathing intensified. Dakota's cock twitched in the moist heat of her folds; her labia wrapped on either side of her shaft. Dakota helped Melissa off and led her to her bedroom. Melissa helped roll a condom onto Dakota.

"Fuck me, Dakota, I want to feel you in me."

Dakota positioned her bent over her bed and got behind her. Opening a bottle of lube, she spread a little on the condom and rubbed the tip against her pussy. She pushed it in, and Melissa was so aroused that the cock entered her in one push. Her hands grasped Melissa's hip, and she pounded away. Melissa's soft booty cushioned each thrust of Dakota and she called out, begging for Dakota to give it to her. After edging herself for a couple of minutes, Dakota signaled for Melissa to roll onto her back and spread her legs. She leaned over and kissed her while her dick slid in and out. She worked the entire shaft in and down to the root of her cock. Melissa arched her back and took Dakota as deep as she could get it in. Dakota could feel her pussy tighten around the head of her cock and she exploded into the condom. The two laid intertwined for a few minutes, looking into each other's eyes and enjoying the afterglow of sex. When Dakota's erection had partially subsided, she pulled out and cleaned herself up with a wet washcloth and brought another to Melissa.

"I should probably get going, I have an early morning class." Dakota pulled some sweats on while Melissa got dressed. As they pulled in front of Melissa's dorm, she leaned over and gave Dakota a goodnight kiss. "Thanks for the wonderful evening." Dakota watched as she entered the dorm and then drove home.

The next day, Dakota was sitting at a secluded table in the Student Union's Garden Room. A lattice wall intertwined with fake ivy, part of the decoration of the room, gave the room a sense of privacy and intimacy. Dakota was deep in a textbook waiting for her next class when on the other side of the lattice wall, a group of girls sat down, including Melissa and her roommate. Dakota thought about going around the lattice wall and saying hi but held off as she heard Melissa's friends inquiring about the date the night before. She talked about how they had cuddled during the movie and gone back to Dakota's place and had sex. She said it was good, but also complained that she hadn't gotten her pussy eaten. She said it was an enjoyable experience with a penis, but that would probably be her last time with one for a long time.

Dakota felt a bit crushed and as she packed her bag, she texted Melissa as she walked away. "Next time you want to have your pussy eaten, just ask. I enjoy giving a woman oral pleasures, but sometimes the rhythm and groove of love making directs the flow in a way that something just doesn't happen. Don't complain that you didn't get something when you don't ask for it."

When Melissa read the text, she realized that Dakota must be nearby and had overheard her conversation. She looked around, but it was too late. The two never spoke again.

____________________

The date had been fun, the fallout not so much. Although they never spoke again, Melissa respected Dakota and didn't out her or anything. Less can be said for some classmates who saw and recognized Dakota. Quietly, the halls of the school of business buzzed with the rumor that the girly Dakota was now dressing like a girl. It was stupid gossip, the type you would expect from high schoolers, but none the less it spread through the school. Like most gossip, the person being talked about has no clue about what is going on. A few days later, Dakota received an email from Prof. Schulman asking Dakota to come to her office as soon as possible.

"Dakota, I think you have a problem. I have overheard a few things in the hallway about you being seen in a skirt. It sounds like the word is getting out about you." She could see the panic set in on Dakota's face. "I take it this didn't come from you."

"No. Why? Ugh...I just wanted to finish my last year and make my transition on my terms."

"Dakota, I am here for you, and most, if not all, the faculty will understand. If you want to come out, I'll be there for you and if you don't, you have my support that way as well." Dakota thanked her and said she needed time to think about this.

But life has a way of forcing your cards at times. The next day after class, some classmates came up to her and asked her if the rumors were true that she was a cross dresser. "No, a cross dresser is fine with their gender but likes to wear the clothing of the other gender from time to time. I am transgendered, in my case a woman trapped in a man's body." The professor for the class caught most of the conversation and was impressed at how calm Dakota was, but could see that she was barely keeping things together.

That night an email went out to the entire department from the Dean. The email reminded students they are here to learn and both in university and when they graduate and join the workplace, gossip about a colleague, especially about their sexuality, is not appropriate and generally will be considered harassment. He reiterated Central State University's policy which prohibits discrimination or harassment against a member of the University community because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or military status. He reminded the students that all are free to express who they are in a way they find fit, and it is no one else's business but their own. Dakota's name didn't appear in the memo, but she felt the Dean putting the full weight of the department and university behind her. She replied to the Dean, copying Prof. Schulman and her class professor, thanking them for supporting her.

Dakota quit presenting herself as male the next day. A few people did a double-take when she showed up in a skirt, makeup, and hair done up. There were a few snide remarks, but, for the most part, people's reactions were positive to her or they just said nothing.

____________________

The last year was a tough year for her. The classes were more difficult, and she felt all alone. She got out a bit, but that was mainly going over to Leslie and Karen's place to babysit for them. At least she had a job offer post-graduation with the firm she interned with. Christmas had been rather difficult, and she wished to spend some time with Hailey. She picked up the phone several times to call her but just could not punch the button. She spent a few days with her mom and Linda. Linda's boys were also home, and the three kids were rather awkward around each other. Not only were they unfamiliar with one another, but they had nothing in common other than their mothers were in love with each other. The older son, Roger, was in his fourth year at the Naval Academy and hoping to become a fighter pilot. The younger one, Dan, was a freshman at the big state university and played soccer and lacrosse. Dakota sensed their struggles to come to terms with having a sister who once was a boy.

When the spring term rolled Dakota felt sorry for Hailey. By now, her belly was enormous, and all their classmates figured out why the two had split. Dakota could see the realities of her situation weighing her down. They shared one class that term, andas a gesture of goodwill Dakota sat next to her the first day of class. She noticed how Hailey perked up after that. They resumed their habit of studying together in the library, but both understood that was the limit of their relationship.

mfan2112
mfan2112
163 Followers