All Comments on 'Dance of Desire'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer3 months ago

That little five-star rating system just can't come anywhere close to doing this emotional roller coast ride justice. And while no one will ever replace Ty and Tony in my heart, Cam and Frankie are definitely a very close second. This was a beautiful love story, and I thought you handled several important topics including that teenage suicide and why some victims fear to report hate crimes with sensitivity. And finally, after causing my heart to enter my throat once again, let me just say thanks for killing off that cell phone instead of Cam. Great job!

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

THANK YOU!!! Beefyhungtopguy.

But you know with a name like that, you really should attach a photo.

What a tease ^_*

EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi MarcLuciFer,

You're right. No one will ever replace Tony and Ty, but I really enjoyed writing these two. Frankie with his openhearted vulnerability, and Cam with the words biggest chip on his shoulder plus the kindest nature.

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

All the best, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Emily. Thank you.

Laugh,cry,speeding up to see what happens next. You just get better and better.

Please say you will write more Frankie and Cam.

Txs

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi Txs,

Ah, that's sweet, thanks so much.

Frankie and Cam was a one off, I won't be writing anymore certainly not for the site.

I'm actually thinking that what I have for Frankie/Cam, Tony/Ty and Leslie/Alex are good jumping off points for developing in a different direction, so maybe.

However, (haha) if you really did enjoy meeting Frankie and Cam, it turns out that one of the background characters, Armenia Franklin, has his own story to tell. It sort of overlaps and then takes it a bit further, so you will have the chance to catch up with Frankie and Cam there.

But even though it's a gay male story, it will be going in BDSM, because Armenia is a naughty man!

So you can keep your eyes peeled for that (also more Broadway and Manor in progress, among others).

Thanks for your comment, EmAG

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy3 months ago

Emilya that was one fantastic lovely adventure …. A wonderful tale with extraordinary characters and the scenery or competition dances, the ideas and atmosphere, fabulous ….. and yeah the milo’s are existing in our society and those are the single minded ones, the violent once, the killers just name it ….. a marvelous read from a magic pen

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi FranziskaSissy, how ya doing?

I'm glad you enjoyed. Thank you so much for another lovely comment.

You should keep your eyes peeled for Armenia's story, as I mentioned above. It will be called Dangerous Liaison and will appear at some point in BDSM, but will give you the opportunity to catch up with some of the characters who appeared in this story.

I didn't even realize until I was finishing off the last couple of pages, that Armenia had a story to tell. He was a background character who totally ambushed me. No the first time I guess!

All the best, EmAG

💝💝Back at ya. x

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hey Em, Honey here!

Ohh Emm Gee! I'm rarely speechless but this must be one of the times that I am. So so beautiful, heartwarming and a tear jerker. I loved the knife thing, it's so classic you!

Seriously, a great HOT feel good kinda story and God, I love Cam! He's so yummy, kind and caring. Frankie's a lucky guy.

I see you said more Manor and Broadway stories are on the way. Here's a happy yay from me!

Always with love,

Your biggest fan.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi Honey ^_^

Aww, I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Frankie and Cam, as I said to Franz... you can catch up with them again soon. It's not a sequel or anything, but there is an update on these two.

Cam is awesome. I found their relationship really interesting. Like how tactile they were almost from the start, even before they really became friends. I know they're dancers and that's natural, but I thought it was telling.

And I really enjoyed writing them because they compliment each other so well, can offer support.

Like Cam struggles a little with his identity. I don't think Frankie has ever struggled with his identity (other people might have) so he is able to reassure and guide Cam with that.

On the other hand, despite his odd upbringing, Cam is very steady, a solid presence. Supporting his brother from a baby, and still. And although Frankie's parents are very committed to each other, their set up is weird. It works for them, but I think Cam recognizes it didn't work quite so well for Frankie and left him a little vulnerable. He is happy to say, I'm here, right here, hold on to me. It was lovely to write.

Well, yea, more soon I hope, lots of stuff in progress.

Big hugs back, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hi Emily, Em?

I'm confused about Frankie's accent. You said his accent is upper class?

Also, how tall is Frankie and how tall is Cam?

canndcannd3 months ago

This was a really beautiful story. You implied it would be unbelievable or but i thought it had the just amount of everything. The relationship developed slowly and the characters are great, even the periphery ones. I really enjoyed it and appreciated the distraction b4 a surgery tomorrow

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous Questions.

Strange and curious questions ^_^

Frankie's accent? You said you were confused. I would guess you are either in the States and just confused about British accents in general, which is totally understandable. Or you are in the UK, successfully read between the lines and have figured out the sort of/part-ish/original inspiration (kinda) for Frankie, which would be more Northern-ish (very ish, it's quite unique!) and that's why you're confused.

Frankie is from Windsor. Which is traditionally quite a well spoken area. What we used to call (and I still do) the Queen's English. (People what talk proper. Something no one had ever accused me of!)

Don't forget his Mom is a Spanish aristocrat, and he had the type of schooling that does develop a rather upper class accent. (People who are learning English are often surprised to discovered that Brits actually communicate mainly in a series of grunts and hand gestures. We occasionally add facial expressions to make things clearer. Under 35's tend to stand 3 inches apart and text each other, to avoid having to grunt at all).

How tall are they? Haha. You are really building a picture here.

Frankie is 5ft 9 and a fraction. But he tends to exaggerate the fraction.

He also usually wears heels, so is a good match for Cam when dancing, as Cam tends to rehearse in sneakers.

Cam is 5ft 10 and a bit extra. But his extra actually exists!

Thank you for your questions, EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert3 months agoAuthor

Hi Cannd,

Oh I do hope that kind of relationship is not unbelievable. They're real in my head, so therefore totally real.

I'm glad you enjoyed and found it a worthwhile distraction.

And I hope your procedure went well, and the GA has not left you feeling too yucky.

Having had a couple of surgeries, I will tell you now, get moving asap, get fresh air, but BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

Do a little bit at a time and get lots of rest, don't let anyone bully you into doing too much, too soon. Be them employers, spouses, kids, or well meaning neighbours.

If you are stuck in a recovery period, once your eyes have uncrossed and you can focus on your screen again, you might wanna check out my Broadway stories, because if you liked Frankie and Cam, you will adore Tony and Ty, and there's a number of tales to entertain. (The typo's are also quite entertaining, I'm the world's worst proof reader!) As they are not numbered, the easiest way is to click on my name (for a list of stories) put them in date order, then read the Broadway set in date order, then it'll make sense.

I hope you feel better soon, by all means check in again and let us all know how you are doing ^_^

All the best, EmAG

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene