All Comments on 'Dangerous Liaison'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer2 months ago

This was definitely one of if not the best BDSM stories I've ever read. But that's probably because it was so much more than just that. The back story of the dance competition along with Armenia's family history and even that violent attack from the previous story added to the excitement of the Dom/sub role play part of this. And Armenia and David's evolving love added a sweetness not usual in stories like this. Once again Ms. Em, you turned out another wonderful well written story. Thanks!

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert2 months agoAuthor

Hi MarcLuciFer,

How ya doing?

It's odd you know. When I wrote Dance of Desire I had no idea any of this was going on. But as I was finishing it off, there was a moment when Frankie and Milo get into it, and Armenia's gaze just briefly locked on Robbie's. And I thought to myself, there's something going on there, between those two, but what is it?

I let it brew for a couple of days, and hey presto.

It was fun weaving between the other story, and I had only written myself into one corner, which I wriggled out of ^_^ so that was lucky.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

I just don't seem to be able to write anything without nosing about in my characters lives!

Thanks, as always, for your comment.

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I agree with previous comment. Fantastic story.

Wonderful to have a little more of Frankie and Cam's story.

I have to ask. What corner did you write yourself into? I didn't see a problem, I would have thought you planned the two stories together?

Txs

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert2 months agoAuthor

Hi Txs,

I'm glad you enjoyed. Yea it was fun taking Frankie and Cam a little further.

Hmmm, do I want to own up to your question? Oh, okay then! I wrote the scene where the kids sneak into keep an eye on Frankie and snuggle up all together, which was totally adorable, and then I realized that in Dance of Desire, the boys are in Glasgow!

Hmmm ooops. Except, I really wanted the scene, and then I thought, well it would be hard for Mandy to deal with two lively 3 year olds and her nan-in-law right out of hospital, and easier for Robbie's dad to help out in London, a couple of hours from his home, rather then be maybe ten hours drive away. So my solution made sense. The boys were just off to join their Ma, now that Nan was getting back on her feet a little.

Phew! Solution found.

No, I had no idea about Armenia's story until I was finishing Frankie and Cam's. It's amazing how ideas get triggered.

Thanks, as always, for your comment, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Hey hey Em, Honey here!

Hot hot hot! I'm not gonna lie, I practically jerked off through most of it, not the sad parts of course 😏, just the hot sex parts.

I do have to wonder though, how did Frankie get to be so much a part of this story? I actually like Cam's character more but you seem to favor viewing Frankie and Cam's relationship through Frankie's pov, even the stabbing scene and I'm curious why that is.

Otherwise, great stuff! Did I mention hot already? 🔥!!!

Eagerly waiting for more!!! On any of your couples!!

Loads of love,

Your biggesy fan

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert2 months agoAuthor

Hey Honey,

I'm glad you found it hot, hot, hot! (Em blows smugly on fingers...) job done.

However, we are going to have to agree to disagree again (it's okay, we're pals), as I was rather confused by...

...I do have to wonder though, how did Frankie get to be so much a part of this story? I actually like Cam's character more but you seem to favor viewing Frankie and Cam's relationship through Frankie's pov, even the stabbing scene and I'm curious why that is...

...Huh? What?

Okay, I get that you have a thing for Cam, but what?

So, my argument is, Frankie's point of view doesn't get a look in for Dangerous Liaisons, as the entire thing is 'first person' from Armenia's point of view.

Dance of Desire is 'third person' so it switches, but the 'attempted' (if you don't mind) stabbing WAS Cam's point of view. Face down on the step!

I just went through D.O.Desire and identified 28 scenes. 20 of which were based on Cam's view point.

Honey, whatcha reading?! ^_* haha.

Anyhow, it's fine. I always find it interesting when what I write and what someone reads don't quite mesh. And that's how I learn.

I think in truth, Cam being hard to read, quiet, a bit of a mystery (swoon), and Frankie being, well, he's not quiet is he?! Perhaps is misleading. But I think they are so good for each other, and when Cam speaks, it means something. Whether it's one of his understated "Okay's" or like the poignant comment he makes to Armenia in this story about Armenia not being able to dance anymore. Cam doesn't just prattle on.

If you wanted you could email me and I'll send you some links to see the original inspiration behind these characters (sort of), because trust me...super hot!

All the best, EmAG

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene