Dark Division - Dani Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Had a fight thing earlier?"

"Yea, how did you know?"

"Dani dinner was like eating in an icebox."

"Well, I was crashing with him and I just. I'm trying to sleep alone and all, but with everything..."

"Are you asking if you can crash here tonight Dani?" Nick saw her reaching out for help and couldn't refuse her, not after their talk the other night.

"Would it be too weird?"

"Nah, come on. I just hope you aren't looking for more because..."

"Don't worry Nick. I'll just curl up on the side. I still see you as a brother you know."

"Okay, well let's crash."

The next morning, Vince gave him a weird look that he shrugged off. He might explain it all later, but really he figured Vince should sweat a little. That only lasted an hour of course. The moment Dani was on her way to the shower, Vince confronted him.

"So, what you and Dani are going to screw around right under my nose now?"

"You see, I knew that you were going to ask that. If you must know she didn't want to sleep alone and after you fought earlier she needed somewhere to crash. And, in case you're wondering, we didn't even touch. She just curled up next to me. So, relax."

"Sorry man, I didn't exactly sleep well after we fought." His fingers ran through his still tousled hair from barely sleeping the night before.

"What was it this time?"

"I finally just broke down and told her that I couldn't do this messing around anymore without kissing her. She didn't exactly take it well."

"Wait, this whole time you guys haven't kissed?"

"Nope, not once. She said it was too intimate, and then after Charity...I don't know. I thought things were shifting and I guess they aren't. So, instead of torturing myself anymore with waiting I just came out with it. And, she gave me the same thing. She doesn't want to lead me on."

"Damn. Well, not to complicate things, but I'm guessing that Oz is going to call in the next day or two. So, you should probably patch things up before you don't see her anymore."

"What do you mean?" Vince gave him a questioning stare.

"She's at the two month mark man. So, she's either going into the field soon or to the home office. It's time for Oz to make a decision."

"Man that was probably the shortest two months I've ever had. I'm not sure what to say to her Nick."

"Then, don't say anything. Let her make the decision and just be okay with it. But, I would apologize for the fight so she knows there are no hard feelings."

Fortunately, Oz wasn't quite as perceptive as Nick was. He didn't call the rest of the week and gave Vince the time to make up with Dani, at least enough to work together. She still slept in Nick's room, though, although she told him it wouldn't last. He was pretty sure that Dani knew that her time at the bunker was coming to a close.

By the time Oz did call, they were all dreading the moment. It was Friday afternoon, two days after the two month mark that Oz called and asked to talk to all three of them.

"We're all here, what's up Oz?" Nick had called them all together, thinking it might even be a mission.

"I wanted to talk to you all and get a bead on next steps. First, tell me how the Superbee is coming along."

"It's awesome Oz. I guess I haven't thanked you yet, but I really appreciate the help on that one. Anyways, I think it's ready to go. We planned on taking it on a road trip tomorrow to see." Dani smiled at Vince, a clear change from the past few days.

"Good, so then Vince and Nick tell me what you think of Dani's progress on training and firearms."

"Our time on the range has been great Oz. Dani hasn't lost a step when it comes to weapons." Nick volunteered the update and waited.

"Vince, what do you think? How's training coming?"

"If you're asking if Dani's ready to get back to it, then the answer is a definite yes. She's as good as she ever was." He smiled at Dani, but there was a clear sadness in his voice.

"Alright, well you've reached that time; tell me Dani what do you want to do next? Your spot's still open and I can reassign you there. You'll be alone for a few months until I can confirm a partner, but Paul might be able to help if you need a second on anything. The other option is you go to headquarters for a year and we'll reevaluate afterwards. What's your poison Dani?" Oz laid it out and Vince looked to her. His secret desire was that she would ask for a third option, staying with him, but he knew it wasn't really in the cards.

"I want to go back to my old spot Oz. I need to get back on the wagon. And, I'm hoping I have a say in the new partner coming in." Dani looked between the guys with an even grin and Vince felt his heart still.

"Alright, well, why don't you enjoy a few more days and I'll send you an assignment for you to go to we'll say Wednesday."

"You got it Oz. I'll be packed and ready to head out then."

"Okay, enjoy the ride in the new car and the beds there. You know the field isn't as nice." Oz chuckled and hung up the phone.

"Thanks guys. I really appreciated that."

"Anything you need Dani, always." Vince said the words and headed to the garage. He was going to make sure the car was perfect before they took it out the next day.

"You're ready, don't worry Dani. But, we're going to miss the hell out of you here."

Nick and Dani spent the next few hours working on some translations before Vince joined them for dinner. All three ate in relative silence and the silence only seemed to grow heavier. They all three sat afterwards, watching some pointless TV. Vince went to his room after an hour, unable to sit any longer in the room after earlier. His fate was sealed now. It would just be waiting for bad news or no news about Dani from here and it was going to hurt like hell.

"Heading to bed?" Nick asked him as he stood.

"I'm going to listen to some tunes for a few minutes and maybe just join you guys for a drink in a little bit. Although, we are hitting a brewery tomorrow, right?"

"You know it. I have planned a nice two hour ride, a few beers and a burger, and then a few more hours in Stan. A perfect Saturday lies ahead." Dani smiled softly and Vince nodded before heading down the hallway.

Dani watched TV for another hour with Nick before she decided it was time to head to bed herself.

"Are you heading to my room?" Nick chimed in as she got up.

"You know, I think I'm actually going to crash in my own bed tonight. I figure I have to get used to it again. Although, I'll miss how warm you get when you sleep." She tousled his hair a little and made her way towards the hallway.

********************

12