Zombies!

Story Info
Humans are annihilated, except for Dan's clan.
38.9k words
4.38
5.1k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story takes place in a small rural Tennessee town. Everyone having sex is over eighteen.

^^^Day one Mid-afternoon^^^

Grandma's eyes opened. They were a ghastly yellow color. She growled and lunged for Diana.

"What are you doing?" her daughter screamed. She fended her off as her grandmother tried to bite her.

The old woman tore her daughter's shirt. Her fingers caught on the right bra cup. The material didn't give, but the front clasp did. The shirt and bra opened.

Boobs fell out.

The old woman snarled and clawed at her.

"Ah!" Diana screamed. She slapped her mother's hands and tried to get away.

^^^Day one five minutes past midnight^^^

Dan and his son, Max, sat in the clearing smoking cigars, drinking whiskey, listening to the radio, and looking out at the night sky.

The radio announcer said, "Tonight, it will be clear. There is no rain in the forecast, and the temperature will be sixty-nine degrees. We have a waning crescent moon, which the astronomers say will allow everyone in our area to get a good view of tonight's meteor shower. The best time to see it is between midnight and dawn."

A few minutes later, the father and son saw cosmic debris enter the Earth's atmosphere. For the next three hours, meteors flashed across the night sky.

The men said little. They sipped their whiskey, smoked, and watched the unusual celestial event.

When the shooting stars became less frequent, Dan drained his glass, stubbed out his stogie, and said, "That was a nice light show."

"Yes," his son concurred. "We're lucky the fragments of space junk are small. The last time a big one hit, the dinosaurs got wiped out."

Dan chuckled and asked, "I wonder if that's how humans will become extinct?"

^^^Day one. Early afternoon^^^

"I wanna know what love is. I want you to show me!

I wanna feel what love is. I know you can show me!"

A middle-aged woman belted the lyrics, singing along with the car radio. She and her daughter were driving to visit Grandma.

The old woman was born and raised in a small town in one of the secluded valleys in the Appalachian mountains, and she refused to leave. Her daughter, the singer, and middle-aged mom, could not abide the place and left after graduating high school for the attractions big cities hold.

Traffic was light. Few people lived in this rural county. Jobs were scarce. As far as the daughter was concerned, culture and fun were nonexistent here.

"Mom! Enough! You're not in tune," Marla complained. She laughed and added, "You can't make up for lack of talent by singing louder!"

Her mother, Diana, took her eyes off the road to give her daughter a withering stare. She couldn't pull it off because she knew she was a terrible singer. Enthusiastic, yes. Talented, no.

"You're jealous."

"Right," Marla said sarcastically.

The radio stopped playing. Marla said, "There. Are you happy? You broke the radio."

"It's the mountains. They are blocking the signal."

They left the state highway and took the only road into the valley. They drove through a small town, turned on Mulberry Street, and parked in front of Grandma's house.

They knocked on the door and were greeted with hugs and kisses, sweet tea, and homemade cookies. The older women were polite. They avoid their areas of disagreement. The purpose of this visit was for the eighteen-year-old granddaughter to spend time with Grandma.

Thump!

The startled women looked toward the sound of the noise: the front door. There was another thump. The door shook.

"I think someone's out there, Grandma," Marla said, sounding scared.

"It's strange they don't ring the doorbell," the old woman said as she stood. "Maybe it's my neighbor, Frank. When he's drunk, he gets confused and comes to my door."

The old woman opened the door and said, "Frank, you're at the wrong door. You live in the next house over."

The man mumbled gibberish. He was bent over at the waist and looking at the floor. Long greasy hair covered his face.

"Are you okay? Been drinking again?"

Frank straightened up and clumsily lounged at her while growling,

"Ahhh!" Grandma screamed. Her neighbor sunk his teeth into her arm. He bit her neck and face.

Diana and Marla were momentarily stunned. They could not move or scream.

The pair regained their senses, ran to the old woman, and pulled the man off her. He fought weakly. They were able to throw him out of the house and lock the door.

"Mom! Are you all right?" Diana asked as she knelt over the injured woman.

The old woman groaned. Blood oozed out of her wounds. She wasn't bleeding profusely. The skin was punctured; the edges of the bite marks were jagged.

"Call 911," Diana said. "I'll get the First Aid kit."

Her daughter picked up the old phone on the table beside her grandmother's upholstered chair. The landline had a dial tone. She made the call.

She was still holding the phone to her ear when her mother returned. Marlo said frantically, "They aren't answering!"

Diana knelt by her mother, opened the kit, and said, "Mom, we're getting help. Don't worry."

Di looked at her daughter as she opened a packet of large gauze. Marla shrugged her shoulders, indicating no one had answered her call.

Diana put gauze on multiple bites. She ripped the tape and said, "Don't worry, Mom. I'll drive you to the clinic downtown."

Grandma's eyes opened. They were an angry yellow color. She growled.

The other females stepped back.

Grandma closed her eyes and was silent and still.

Di maintained her distance and studied her mother. Thirty seconds passed; she didn't move or make a sound. Diana put a silly grin on her face and said, "Mom, you scared me."

She knelt beside her and used the tape to secure the bandage to her mother's wounds.

Grandma's eyes opened. They were a ghastly yellow. She growled and lunged for Diana.

"What are you doing?" Di screamed. She fended her off as her grandmother tried to bite her.

The old woman tore her daughter's shirt. Her fingers caught on a bra cup. The material didn't give, but the front clasp did. The shirt and bra opened.

Boobs fell out.

The old woman snarled and clawed at her.

"Ah!" Diana screamed. She slapped her mother's hands and tried to get away.

Marla dropped the phone and went to her mother's aid. She pulled her chomping grandmother away from her mother; Granny turned on her.

"Ah!" Marla screamed. She was face-to-face with the mad woman.

Marla wore a pleated sleeveless top that gathered on a string around her neck. Her grandmother grabbed the front of her top and pulled the young female toward her. Her teeth were biting a mile a minute.

The fabric ripped; Marla pulled away. Her top came off, exposing her nipples. Had she been a normal eighteen-year-old woman, her breasts would have been exposed, but Marla was flat-chested. She had tan nipples and no breasts.

Diana stopped the attack by hitting her mother in the head with a heavy crystal lamp. She crumpled and fell to the floor.

They stared at the old woman, hoping the attacks were over. Their breathing was labored. They were sweating and scared.

"What caused that?" Diana asked.

"If I believed in supernatural things," Marla said. "I'd say Frank and Grandma were zombies."

Diana stared in disbelief.

They heard loud footsteps on the front porch. The front door burst open when someone put a heavy shoulder on it. Twisted, bloody, and uncoordinated figures appeared at the entrance. They growled and sniffed the air.

Something interested them. Three of them fought each other to get inside the house.

Diana grabbed her daughter's hand and said, "We have to get out of here. Quick. The backdoor is this way."

Di's boobs bounced as she ran to the backdoor. She opened it, looked around, and said, "There are more of those things. They are coming from the town. Our best bet is to run into the woods."

The women ran from the creatures. They made it to the woods. As the topless women huffed and puffed, they hid and stared in amazement at the stumbling, bumbling, growling people.

The things milled around, sniffing the air.

"What the fuck!" Marla said. "This is something out of a bad horror film."

"Yes, and there are lots of them."

"Look how they stick their noses in the air."

"The ones on the front porch did that too," Diana said. "We were only ten feet away. I guess they don't see well, and they rely on their sense of smell."

"We're lucky we are upwind from them," Marla said.

Her mother gave her a strange look and said, "How do you know that?"

"I dated a bow hunter. I learned a few things."

"I think we should get away from the town. Make our way to the highway and hope whatever is happening here isn't happening there."

Marla nodded; they went deeper into the woods.

They walked as quietly as they could. The terrain became more wooded, and the ground inclined.

They stopped to rest and sat on a fallen tree. Diana put on a brave face and said, "We're going to be all right."

Marlo tugged on her torn shirt that was draped around her hips. There was no way it would cover her chest. She grimaced and said, "My shirt's ruined. How do you like my nipples?"

Diana guffawed and said, "My shirt and bra are torn." She slipped them off, baring her breasts to her daughter. She had dark areolas and stiff nipples.

She fiddled with the clasp and said, "This is broken." She tossed the brassiere aside and examined the ripped shirt. The buttons were gone.

"You can tie the ends under your boobs and get some coverage," Marla suggested.

"You take it."

Marla gestured toward her chest and said, "I have nothing up here. If we are going to be running through the woods, I need you to keep up. I can't have you distracted by your tits slapping you in the face."

"My breasts aren't that big and saggy!" her mother protested.

Marla laughed and said, "I'm teasing. But seriously, the shirt will do more for you than me. You're the one who is always cold."

Diana gave in. She put the shirt on and tied the ends under her breasts. She said, "I look like a streetwalker. My boobs are barely covered."

Her mother's right nipple remained uncovered. Marla reached over and tugged on the cloth; she failed to cover the rubbery teat. She placed fingers on the nipple and pushed, trying to stow it away. The springy tip popped back out.

Marla shrugged and said, "It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing."

They heard twigs snapping, turned, and saw a zombie. They screamed and ran. Marlo ran up the hill. Diana ran away from the creature and collided with another one.

She bounced off it, screamed again, and turned to follow her daughter up the hill.

The monster lunged and snapped its jaw. It missed her. The teeth clamped down on the collar of the button-up shirt.

Diana ran. She escaped by untying the shirt and leaving it behind.

The women climbed the hill. They ran and ran until they were exhausted. Luckily, the zombies couldn't keep up with them.

"Marla!" Diana hollered. "Wait. I need to rest. I'm afraid my heart is going to burst." She slumped to the ground. Sweat ran down her body. Her breasts glistened as she breathed deeply.

Her daughter sat beside her. They huffed and puffed and kept a sharp eye out for zombies. Diana said, "We can't keep this up."

"No. We can't. We need water and food. It's summer and the nights aren't too cold. Still, shelter would be nice. Maybe we will find a hunting cabin."

"I need to pee," Di said. She stepped away from her daughter and pushed her shorts and underwear down. She squatted and let it fly.

Her daughter did likewise. She didn't turn away as her mother had.

Diana looked at her daughter's shaved pussy and said, "I'd never have the nerve to put a razor on my pussy."

"You get used to it," her daughter said as she urinated. She giggled and added, "I push my inner lips inside me to be safe."

"I'm guessing we have to drip dry," Di said.

"I've got a pee rag for you," Marla said.

"A what?"

"This is something I learned while hiking."

Her torn shirt was tucked into her shorts. She pulled it out, ripped

off sections, and tied knots on the ends of the rags. She tossed one to her mother.

She used the other to dab her pussy.

"What's the knot for?" Diana asked as she wiped herself.

"There's no telling how long we will be out here. We likely will be peeing in the woods again. Wouldn't you like to know which end of the reg you peed on?"

"Oh."

Marla stood, dressed, and tucked the knotted end of her pee rag in her back pocket. Her mother did the same.

They got into the extended cab Ford. The women were in the backseat. Dan drove along a winding road. It changed from dirt to gravel to asphalt.

"Dan, do you have family in town?" Diana asked.

"My mother, my sister, and her kids."

The conversation died.

A few minutes later, Marla asked, "Were you on a hunting or fishing trip?"

"It was more of a memorial trip," Dan said. "My wife, Max's mother, died of cancer five years ago. That mountain lake was her favorite spot on Earth. We met there, I proposed to her there, and our wedding was there."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Diane said.

Dan grunted. No one spoke the rest of the trip.

^^^

Dan stopped the truck on the outskirts of town.

"It's odd. There has been no traffic," Max said.

"Yes."

He drove slowly in one of the neighborhoods that surrounded the town. They saw no one. It was quiet. They rolled into the downtown area. No one was outside the shops, cafe, or post office.

"Where is everyone?" Max asked.

"THERE!" Marla shouted.

Dan stopped the truck. Marla pointed to the right and said, "In the alley beside the barber shop. It's one of those things!"

Everyone looked and saw a slow awkward moving man entering the street. His face was contorted. His shirt was untucked and ripped. He was only wearing one shoe. He didn't appear to notice them.

"That's Doc Martin,' Dan whispered.

"What you said was true," Max said. "He looks and moves like a zombie in a movie."

They watched silently as the doctor walked away. He turned a corner and disappeared from their sight.

Dan glanced into the rearview mirror. He said, "Behind us. There are ten or twelve of them crossing the street.

Everyone looked and held their breath.

The creatures all moved oddly. Some dragged a foot. Others had an arm hanging stiffly. Their heads lolled about. Their clothing was a mess.

"Oh my God!" Diana said softly, "It affects children too."

"We should get out of here," Marla warned.

"Not yet. I need to check on my kin," Dan said.

He slowly drove to his mother's house. They didn't pass any creatures. He parked in front of the house and said, "Lock the doors. I'm going to check her house. Max, slid over. If any of those things show up, drive away."

Before anyone could speak, Dan hopped out of the car and sprinted to the house.

"I hope Grandma is okay," Max said. He slid into the driver's seat.

They watched Dan enter the house. For five long minutes, they sat nervously in the car, looking at the house, and in every direction.

Suddenly, the front door burst open, and Dan came running out. His sister was right behind him. Behind them was his mother, a bald man, and a young man. The last three were zombies. The old woman and the bald man were obese and naked.

The zombies lurched, stumbled, and reached for the humans. Baldy's limp dick and beer belly bounced like crazy. Dan's mother was in her mid-sixties. She had gray hair, big saggy boobs, a fat ass, and a roly-poly stomach. All of her jiggled and quaked as she snarled and chased her children.

Max started the truck, Dan and his sister got in, and Max drove off quickly.

Other zombies heard the truck burn rubber, and they came into the street. Max swerved around the first one. He hit the next three. The creatures bounced off the truck and lay in the street still clawing at them and masticating. One got up and followed them. His right foot pointed to the side.

Max drove until he came to a place that had no zombies. "What now?" he asked. "Back to the campsite?"

"Let's get out of here," Diana said. "Go to the main highway."

"No. My kids are at home," Dan's sister said.

Max drove to Aunt Rachel's house.

"What happened back there?" Marla asked.

"I went in and hollered for my Mom," Dan said. "The coat closet popped open, and my sister stepped out and shushed me. It was too late. The zombies heard me and came for us."

He choked up and said, "My Mom was one of the zombies. I tried talking to her. It did no good. She came after me...us, biting and trying to grab us."

Rachel guffawed. She said, "It was like a scene out of 'The Keystone Cops'. The monsters chased us slowly around the house. We went from the living room to the dining room to the kitchen and back into the living room.

"It was scary. They were grabbing at us and trying to bite us. It was also funny. The things, you're calling them zombies? They chased us. We were able to avoid them by walking fast. Is there anything funnier than an old fat naked person trying to move quickly?"

"Why were they nude?" Max asked.

"Ma and Mr. Wilson have been sleeping together for years," Rachel said. "They were probably in bed fooling around, but that doesn't explain why they became zombies."

"I bet it was the younger guy," Marla said. "He must have been infected. He came into the house and bit them."

"Just like in the movies," Rachel said.

"So it seems," Dan said.

"Thank God you came over," Rachel said. "I went to visit Mom. They tried to bite me. I've been hiding in the closet for an hour, holding tight to the doorknob. The zombies banged on the door and tried to open it. Thank goodness they aren't very strong."

"They got bored, distracted, or forgot about me and stopped trying to open the door. I was afraid to come out. I could hear them bumping into walls and stuff and grunting."

Max parked in his aunt's driveway. A couple of creatures were in the neighbor's yard across the street. They watched to see if they were coming their way. They didn't.

"My kids are safe!" Rachel shouted. She pointed to the bay window. Her children were standing there waving. She waved.

"Y'all stay here," Dan said. The big man got out and hurried to the front door. His nephew opened it. The three of them ran to the truck.

Dan said, "Rose, get in the cab with your Mom. Ray, you're in the cargo bed with me."

When everyone was in, Max pulled away. He drove around the corner. A few zombies were in the area, so he drove further and pulled into the school's parking lot.

Everyone got out. Rachel hugged her children. She and her daughter cried. Max and Dan got hugs too.

Diana and Marla stood aside.

When the family reunion was over, Dan introduced everyone and explained how he'd met Di and her daughter.

"Hey, Dad," Max said. "I think there are people in the school."

A school window opened, and someone waved a miniature US flag.

Dan bolted; Max and Ray, Rachel's eighteen-year-old son, followed him to the window where they saw the teachers.

This was the only school in the small rural town. Two teachers taught multi-grade classes because there were only twenty-two students. They ranged from six to eighteen years old.

Since it was a small town everyone knew everyone. Miss Alice, the gray-haired spinster, had taught here for forty years. Nancy Nash was fresh out of college. All the boys and most of the single men in town had a crush on the cheerful big-chested brunette.

Miss Alice said, "Thank God you are here. We are trapped in this classroom. Someone is in the hall trying to get in. I saw a man in the office attacking Principal Skinner. I'm afraid he killed him.

"Nancy and I got all the children safely in here. We've locked and barricaded the door. We called 911. No one answered."