All Comments on 'Dark Horse Ch. 02'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Shysub412Shysub412over 9 years ago
Non consent NOT BDSM

I love pet play and you write very well, but and its a BIG but, this is not BDSM at all. In the Non con section I wouldn't have an issue and 5 stars would be heading your way.

BDSM has many guises but always SSC or it becomes abuse and the lines can be very thinly drawn. The problem with this story is the line has been stomped over by a few furlongs.

I really hope you write more as your ideas and story line are very good just move the story to the right category.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Absolutely correct shysub

I could not agree more

FA_JFFA_JFover 9 years ago
I third that motion.

This is an excellently written and intense story. It is deserving of 5 stars for its quality. However, it IS noncon. If Velvet comes to accept the situation at a later point, it could still not be considered consensual.

Correct categorization is important and your tags, while accurate, are incomplete without the noncon acknowledged. Many of us read in both bdsm and noncon, so we don't dislike that it is noncon. It is important to present it correctly. Help us fully embrace this story.

Liz is one of the best wackadoodle, certifiably crazy characters I have come across in quite a while. The calm veneer is frightening. The final scene was chilling in its simplicity.

Poor Velvet is a wonderfully different character. The physical difference is unique. The inner strength of the character is appealing. As is often the case with strong 'victims,' I hope that she is not broken. Seeing the inner fight, the snark, is important. If she loses that, the story would lose something important.

getthebookgetthebookover 9 years ago
Take a battered ignored child....

And give her meatloaf.....WTF!!!

Noncon please.

littlemissharlotlittlemissharlotover 9 years ago
No, BDSM is NOT necessarily SSC

Shysub41 putting aside the whole debate of whether this constitutes BDSM or not, no, not all BDSM is SSC nor is BDSM that isn't SSC necessarily abuse.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Lmh

Got to disagree with you I'm afraid.

In this instance he was kidnapped and forced to do things against his will. That is non consensual.

littlemissharlotlittlemissharlotover 9 years ago
Um... What?

First off, him who? The story is about two women, one of whom is intersex. There's no "he".

Second of all, what does that have to do with SSC and BDSM? Not everyone practices BDSM under SSC. Some people do RISK, others do their own dynamics. Is there bondage in this story? Discipline? Sadism? Masochism? It may not be BDSM as you recognize or practice and maybe it's not about consensual sex but you don't really have the authority to police other people's definitions of terms.

littlemissharlotlittlemissharlotover 9 years ago
RACK, not RISK

But the point stands.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Oh dear

Could I suggest you read again to see who " he " is

It is not F F.

There is a category here called non consensual .

It is there for a reason.

He does not give his consent to any of this.

Therefor the category it should be in is non con.

Shysub412Shysub412over 9 years ago
BDSM Vs Non Con

Well your story has certainly sparked debate, which means we care about your writing!

@LMH, when people are kidnapped and objectified the debate over whether all BDSM is SSC somewhat goes out the window! The reason we get involved in category tags is so the authors work is received by the audience who will appreciate it the most. Also a lot of people looking to explore the lifestyle use the Internet to find out more, BDSM gets a bad enough name without people thinking it's ok to kidnap someone, tie them up and beat them.

D/s requires trust and consent at the very base level and no matter how well written this story is, in this category it amounts to abuse. In non con it would be a great story and intriguing plot line.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 9 years agoAuthor
Velvet..

Is an intersexed female.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Showing my ignorance

But what is an intersexed female ?

Surely cock and balls means male

FA_JFFA_JFover 9 years ago
LMH

I think your freudian slip is showing....RISK indeed.

So what, pray tell, does the C in RACK stand for? risk aware CONSENSUAL kink

This compelling story is nonconsent using a bdsm frame work. The kidnapping and forced participation trumps all else in terms of category.

AMD-If nothing else, you have raised awareness. I am sure internet searches for 'intersex' have spiked. I do look forward to how this unfolds, but stand by my categorization concerns.

littlemissharlotlittlemissharlotover 9 years ago
Um... okay

"So what, pray tell, does the C in RACK stand for? risk aware CONSENSUAL kink "

Yes... and I was responding to someone who said if it's not SSC then it's not BDSM. I was pointing out there are multiple frameworks and some people don't have any at all. The comment was separate from this story specifically.

"The kidnapping and forced participation trumps all else in terms of category."

I think that's up to the author.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 9 years ago
Another winner

I'd just like to reiterate that this is a good story with a well-essayed dominant psycho and a woman's slow descent to the point she loses her humanity and becomes an animal.

The writing style is crisp and the dialog rolls off the page easily.

As for the category conundrum. There is no one definition of BDSM and the category has a decent amount of overlap with Non-Con, so I don't feel it is an entire misfit. Maybe fetish would be a better scene, but there it could raise hackles of those not into animal play.

Overall, I am not too unhappy to see this story where it is.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Yes lmh

It is up to the author to put the story where they feel it goes and up to us the reader to agree or not.

If you agree to be tied and beaten to the extreme that is consensual.

If you then have had enough and say no ...stop and the beater continues, then that is non con.

In this case the captive never agreed from the start, so non con.

Anyways, we are going round in circles.

From your staunch defense of the story I assume you have an interest in its production ?

littlemissharlotlittlemissharlotover 9 years ago
Masterfuljim

No more of a stake than you. I just got annoyed with the conversation of what is and isn't BDSM. I wouldn't have posted here at all except for the SSC guy.

notime2notime2over 9 years ago
Thank you...

MasterfulJim....nail head thump!

The defensiveness is a bit over the top to the point of offensive. Clearly there is something going on here that is a bit outside of what is being discussed.

I actually do read quite a bit of non con and can safely say that this is non con. There is nothing worse that getting ready to read a good light hearted book only to find out that the have a manual to fix a vaccum instead. Its just not the same.....that is the point being made. It is against her/his will. The story LISA by JadenL started in BDSM and the comments are now empty for that chapter; that tells you something. She moved it to non con its rightful place (for many chapters) and did quite well there until the dynamics changed and the author moved it to group sex. See there are categories to put stories into where readers can prepare themselves to what they are going to read. I like to read BDSM stories of trust and truth between people that are consenting to the actions at play. Yes this is all fantasy (at least I hope). But Subshy made a major point people are impressionable and confusion creeps in quickly.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
No time

Thank you

Exactly the point I've been trying to make but far more eloquently put by yourself.

I've read all of Lisa / Jessica by Jaden and very well written too, and I remember the comments on the first chapters.

I have been in this lifestyle in one way or another for many years...way before the influence of internet...and that's why I am kicking here. We don't need sickos kidnapping or abusing people thinking that's the BDSM way to do it.

SSC is the backbone to the lifestyle.

ShadowsucksShadowsucksover 9 years ago
BDSM?

Wow, what a bunch of rigid, testosterone filled drivel. You guys, yes GUYS are the ones playing the forced noncon game here, whining about where this belongs. It's either to your liking or not, but to repeatedly beat a dead horse (oops, sorry) is just plain silly.

I'm weirded out & kinda appalled at this story, but am certainly going to finish & then learn from my experience.

Thank you AwkwaedMD, for this enlightening & uncomfortable look into issues that are seldom raised in this male dominated forum. The very people who need to learn are the ones who are complaining the most.

Erin

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
1328 Followers
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES