Dark Night of the Varcolac

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow," Katie replied doubtfully, "can that be really true?"

Of course it wasn't true-- as far as the professor knew anyway-- but for his nefarious purpose of getting his daughter into his bed, he would make it sound true... very true even. Not only was the wolf inside of him cunning and clever, but it was also a very good actor.

"Actually, I think you rescued me earlier when you entered the room and your mere beautiful presence caused me to wake up and quite possibly saved me."

"But how. All I did was walk in the room."

"It was simple, Katie. In my dream I smelled your perfume, faintly yes, but nevertheless I could smell it along with sensing your beauty. Once I knew you were there I just ran, with her, the demon bitch, chasing me, to the smell of your perfume and the presence of your beauty and love."

The professor paused ready to play his trump card. "You see the Varcolac fears two things and two things only... love and beauty. And you possess both in abundance, sweetie. Now if I am to survive this night, you must not leave my side. I know it's a lot to ask but could you maybe, after cleaning me up and tending to my wounds, find it in your heart to stand guard over your daddy for the evening. I was thinking we could pull the rocking chair out from the living room and you could sit in it next to the bed. Really, you being there next to me, should deter the bitch from trying to attack again."

"You think so?"

He nodded his head yes before lowering his eyes. "It probably sounds silly huh. You standing guard over me."

"I will do it but what if I get sleepy and doze off?"

"It shouldn't matter as long as you are here next to the bed."

"OK, well let's get you cleaned up and then I will go get the rocking chair."

Fifteen minutes later, after she cleaned him up, the bedroom was dark as Katie sat in the rocking chair near the bed. She was slowly rocking back and forth, while feeling both silly and proud, all at once, about guarding her daddy from the Varcolac demon bitch he claimed was stalking him.

After a quiet twenty minutes Katie was starting to get sleepy. Her daddy was sleeping peacefully, apparently undisturbed by his demon... maybe thanks to her. Katie smiled in the darkness proud of her vigilance in watching over him.

The vigilance soon faded to nothing after several more quiet minutes passed. Katie dozed off, and not more than five minutes later, she was ripped from her quiet slumber in a most dramatic fashion by a loud thud.

It sounded like a large sack of potatoes hitting the wooden floor, followed by the sound of her father groaning loudly in obvious pain. She jumped to her feet, before leaning over and clicking on the single lamp on the nightstand next to the bed.

Panic overtook her almost immediately. The bed was empty. The sheet and cover were strewn about and twisted like there had been a vicious struggle.

"No, no, no," Katie cried as she stared at the empty bed. Jesus, it was true all along and now...

She heard a soft moaning coming from the far side of the bed. Quickly circling around to that side of the bed, she spotted him sprawled on the floor in the space between the edge of the bed and the wall.

Rushing over to him, Katie cried out, "Daddy, what happened? Are you alright?"

"No, not really. Apparently, the goddamn thing is still stalking me... even with you by my side." After staggering to his feet, he plopped down on the bed. He was now naked except for his boxers.

Katie stared at her father. The fresh clean tee shirt he put on after she was done cleaning him up was gone. Worse still, as she helped him back into the bed, she could see his handsome face was marred with a plethora of small scratches and abrasions.

The professor frowned at Katie. "Now do you believe me honey? I sensed your doubt earlier as did the Varcolac and it almost..." He shivered visibly before plopping his head back on the pillow wanting her to believe he was too shaken to finish his thought.

"Daddy, I'm sorry. I suppose I did doubt, a little bit, what you were saying about this Varcolac stalking you, but I don't doubt it now. God, those marks, those scratches, all over your face... that was her? And where is your tee shirt? Is it on the floor maybe?"

Katie started to bend over scanning the floor for her daddy's tee shirt when he suddenly snapped at her, "Yes it was her, Katie. Who else? Now forget the damn shirt, we have a lot more to worry about besides my fucking tee shirt."

There was a simple reason why he didn't want her looking for the tee shirt: it was hidden on the floor under the bed, put there by him. If she found it, it would undermine the clever story he was telling her.

Katie straightened up abruptly. Her daddy rarely snapped at her, let alone swore in front of her. Things were definitely serious.

Circling back around the bed she headed over to the dresser meaning to grab the Neosporin. She would have to tend to those fresh scratches.

"Honey, wait. I'm sorry for snapping at you but you just need to understand how serious things are. Here sit down on the bed. Forget about cleaning me up for now. I think I know what happened and why you sitting next to me didn't really help like it should have. As for the tee shirt, forget about it. I think the Varcolac most likely has it."

"Why? What good would a tee shirt be to her?"

"Souvenir of sorts I imagine."

"So why didn't me sitting next to the bed help? Is it because I fell asleep? It's my fault, huh?" she answered sadly as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I don't think you falling asleep was the real problem."

"It wasn't? But you were sleeping so peacefully, for a while anyways and... I mean I thought you were safe and I just dozed off and--"

"Shhh honey. Don't worry about it. Just let me tell you what I am thinking."

"OK, I am listening."

"I think I was allowed to sleep peacefully at first because the Varcolac did, in fact, sense you near me, so it kind of watched and waited, maybe a bit wary of your presence. But then she grew bold as she began to doubt your love for me."

Katie quickly interjected. "I don't understand. How can anyone doubt my love for you?"

"It's not me you have to convince baby. It's her. I am only speculating here, but to her way of thinking if you truly loved me, and truly wanted to protect me, maybe you should have been..." He paused now for dramatic effect before finishing, "in the bed next to me, instead of in the chair, hon."

Katie looked away before whispering. "Is that what you think, Daddy? I should have been in the bed with you?"

He sighed heavily as the wolf inside him prepared the answer. "Honestly, yes, but I guess I thought it would be just, you know, maybe too uncomfortable for you being in bed with me, like that, at your advanced age."

Now it was her turn to snap. Surely a good sign for the wolf.

"Daddy, you should have said something! I would have gladly gotten in the bed with you. I don't care how old I am."

"Yes, OK, maybe I should have. Well, I think we learned something. If you wanna really protect me you going to have to snuggle up next to me so that demon bitch has no doubt of your love."

"I do you love you," Katie replied harshly her voice coming out in a low growl.

Yet another good sign-- her fierce declaration of love for him-- he observed, while plotting his next move.

"I know you do honey, but now we have to deal with a second issue, which I think contributed to you inability to protect me."

"Tell me," Katie said hoping it would be a problem easily solved.

"At first, your beauty, like your love, did make the beast cautious, but then as she started to draw nearer in stalking me, she saw you sitting there in the rocker not so close and--"

"Daddy wait, can I ask a question?"

"Sure go ahead."

"So when the Varcolac was stalking you, in your dream, she could see outside of it into this world, where she saw me sitting there standing guard?"

"Yes, I think so. Varcolacs have the power to sense things, to see things, even to hear and smell things outside, in the real world, close to the victim they are stalking in their dream world, but don't worry, as by all accounts what they can't do is physically reach out and touch someone in the real world... except, of course, the one they are stalking."

"So if I'm next to you in the bed, and fall asleep, she can't attack me in my dreams... or otherwise."

"No, honey. I am positive she can only get at me, otherwise I would not even let you in the room, let along having you so close to me. Seriously, if I thought you were in any danger at all you would be in a taxi on the way to the airport where I would fly you back home. Really I don't think Varcolacs can legally board a plane... especially to fly out of the country. They probably don't have passports."

"Daddy," she batted at him playfully, "stop being silly. This is serious. Please go on with what you were saying."

"OK, OK, where was I?"

"You were last talking about how it was stalking you and you think it saw me sitting there in the rocker and then I interrupted you."

"Right, right. OK so, yeah, the bitch spotted you and was a bit put off by that adorably pretty face of yours, but what did not put her off, and what, in fact, gave her the courage to attack I think was..." The professor reached out and tugged on the sleeve of his daughter's drab ill-fitting night shirt. "This ugly thing."

"My nightshirt? Really?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Honestly, it's quite dull and doesn't do you justice. Your pretty face and dull nightshirt, they make contrasting statements."

"About?" Katie impatiently. She wasn't really understanding what her father was getting at.

"About your willingness to use your beauty to protect me. OK, let me put it like this... earlier you put makeup on right, did your hair up all nice and pretty. Now why did you do that princess? Be real honest with your answer. It's important."

Katie paused a brief moment before answering softly, "I wanted to impress you."

"Trust me, you did hon," he told her simply. Now would come the moment of truth. He smiled, trying to make it seem like a light hearted moment. "But now I have to ask you a very tough question. Why are you willing to try so hard to make your face pretty for me, but as for your, ahh, body you seem quite unwilling to show it off in the least. It comes to me now that both the beauty of your face and the splendor of your youthful body will be needed to protect me honey."

He paused for just a quick moment so she could absorb what he was suggesting before continuing. She was staring at with a grave look on her face. If she was actually absorbing what he was saying, and better yet, accepting it, only time would tell.

"The Varcolac has keen senses, Katie. Very keen and it senses your unwillingness to truly show off for your daddy by wearing something nice. Furthermore, the bitch senses my frustration, frustration that I have carefully hidden deep in my heart, with your innate shyness around me."

"I kind of understand what you are saying and I mean, I guess you are right, my nightshirt is sort of drab, but really you are frustrated over my shyness?"

"Katie, first of all, saying that nightshirt is sort of drab would be like saying the Eiffel Tower is just sort of a tourist attraction."

"OK, OK," she laughed, "I get your point."

He reached out, stroking forearm. "Katie, sweetheart, I am not trying to embarrass either one of us, but I will give you an example of why I get frustrated with your shyness."

"OK, I am listening. Go ahead," she replied.

"Just a few days ago, we had our first real hot day of the summer. You remember? I think it was maybe Tuesday?"

"Yes, I remember. Yeah, Tuesday."

"Well, that day, I got done with my research a bit early at the library so instead of grabbing an early lunch, like I would normally do at one of the downtown cafes, I came home hoping you would make me lunch. I think I surprised you as you were laying out in the backyard on a blanket getting some sun, and honey, remember I am not trying to embarrass you here, but you were wearing a rather nice little black bikini. Honestly, I never remember seeing you in a bikini before and well, I was quite impressed. I mean I thought you looked nice, Katie."

Katie opened her mouth meaning to comment at this point but her father quickly raised his hand, "Let me finish and then you will have your turn."

"Apparently though you were in no mood to show off for your daddy because when I came out in the backyard to say hi you gave me a real quick hello and then rushed off into the house and into your bedroom. A few minutes later you came out of your room wearing some loose fitting long tee shirt over your cute bikini."

Katie started to fill her face getting red. She was embarrassed simply because her father had nailed things to the T so far.

"And now comes the important part. Honestly, I was disappointed and maybe a little hurt that my daughter did not feel comfortable enough to run around in her new bikini in front of me. It is new correct, Katie? I am guessing that is what you bought with the money I gave you to go shopping just last weekend?"

"Yes, the bikini is new and I'm sorry. You caught me off guard coming home earlier than normal. You know I am shy. I mean mom was so strict in the rules for how I had to dress. She always made me dress so conservatively."

Roger reached out and squeezed his daughter's hand tight. "Mom is not here anymore, Katie and your daddy is not so strict about what you wear so maybe it's time to come out of your shell. After all, you are eighteen now, and an adult, so you can dress pretty much however you feel."

"Yeah, you're right. I should come out of my shell and I'll try but you really think it would help if I was wearing something nicer, something you know, more..." She paused, maybe unwilling to finish her thought.

"Stimulating to the eyes, honey. I think that a good way to put it and yes, I really think so. I think if you showed off what a nice little body you have, to go along with that adorably pretty face and plus got in bed with me the Varcolac would leave me alone."

"Should I go put on my bikini then?" Katie quietly asked.

"I don't think putting on your bikini to sleep in would be such a good idea, Katie."

"But I thought you said I looked nice in it and I should show off?" She sounded hurt. The wolf inside smiled. This was another telling sign his plan was working.

"I can't really explain it fully Katie, but things have to appear somewhat normal. Girls don't wear their bikinis to bed. Do you maybe have something with a bit more spice to it to wear to bed... other than that drab, ill-fitting, nightshirt?"

"No, not really," she replied before tugging on the sleeve of her nightshirt, "I have worn this stupid thing for years to bed. It's all I ever wear to bed."

The cunning wolf had the professor drop his voice to a whisper, "I suppose you have no sexy pajamas you could throw on. Remember you wouldn't be doing this for me honey, but just to scare off the stupid Varcolac."

"No, not really."

"OK, I'm really not surprised in that regard but, well, this is getting difficult."

"But hey, beside the bikini, I did buy something a little sexy the other day when I went shopping."

"You did. What?"

"Just... something... new. Something mom would never have approved of. Something not so boring and conservative like she always bought for me."

"If you don't wanna tell me what this 'something' is you bought that is OK for now, but is it something that a girl might wear to bed to sleep in?"

Nodding her head yes she replied, "I think so."

"Can you go put it on for me then?"

When Katie said nothing but instead only began to chew on her fingernails nervously, Roger reached out to her. Touching the side of his face he dropped his voice to a soft whisper, "I am sorry for asking princess, but I think it's the only way."

"Maybe, I guess," Katie answered while still sounding uncertain.

"Please honey, it's for a good cause and just might save my life. You saw the scratches on me."

Katie, after a long hesitation, which caused the professor to wonder if maybe he was over-playing his hand, finally stood up. "I'll do it if you think it will help."

"I do," he said simply.

Katie disappeared into her bedroom returning a short minute or two later, still-- much to his frustration-- wearing the dull nightshirt.

"You changed your mind sweetie," he said the disappointment in his voice obvious.

"No, I have it on under. I was just thinking... what if what I'm wearing under my nightshirt it really not pretty enough and--"

He quickly interrupted her. "Let me be the judge of that. Go on take off your nightshirt and I will tell you if I think what you got on underneath is pretty enough to keep our enemy at bay."

Roger watched, his heart racing, as his daughter stood up and slowly stripped off her nightshirt before dropping it on the floor. "Is this OK, Daddy," she asked shyly.

His greedy eyes, guided by the wolf's hungry fever flowing through his veins, traveled up and down his daughter's lithe body. The matching turquoise lace bra and thong panties she was wearing looked absolutely adorable on her. The bra, with its floral lace design on the cups and the large white ribbon attached to the center gore, especially looked delicious.

Katie took another step closer to the bed as she noted with a growing restlessness-- a restlessness which seemed to be working its way all over her body-- how her father's eyes had settled directly on her chest.

"More than OK, honey," he answered while trying to sound as casual as possible. "You look beautiful in your new bra and panties... maybe did you remember turquoise is my favorite color when you bought this," he asked her.

"Maybe," she coyly replied before moving over toward the nightstand. "Anyways, thank you Daddy for saying I look beautiful. Now I should get those scratches cleaned up. Should I put my nightshirt back on until we are ready to lay down though?"

She reached down scooping her night shirt up off the floor already preparing to put it back on.

"Honey, I don't want to scare you but the Varcolac is out there, waiting and watching, and if it sees you so anxious to hurry up and put back on your nightshirt then it will know and understand you aren't serious about using the power of your natural beauty to protect me."

"Which will only make her all the more likely to attack after you fall asleep, right?" Katie asked as she gripped her nightshirt tightly with both hands.

Roger nodded his head once before saying, "Yes that is right honey."

Dropping her voice to a whisper Katie said, "You really think she is watching us now, Daddy."

"Yes I think so. I mean I can't be one hundred percent sure but you know, why take any chances. Can't you just clean me up... without putting your nightshirt back on, and maybe show the bitch you aren't afraid to show off for your daddy."

"I think I can. I will try anyways."

"Here maybe this will help."

Reaching over he grabbed the bottle of champagne. After splashing a bit of champagne in the glass, maybe a third only, he offered it to her.

Katie took the glass and bravely downed the champagne in one big gulp. Offering her daddy a sly little smile, she let the nightshirt slip out of her hands and onto the floor.

"I guess that helped?" the professor asked with a knowing smile.

"Yes," she replied simply.

Her face then turned deadly serious. Glancing around the room she raised her voice practically shouting, "And I am not going to put this stupid thing back on... you hear me bitch!"

Maybe to emphasize her point Katie turned and kicked the wadded up nightshirt across the bedroom. It landed, much to the professor's delight, in a far corner destined to be never worn again.