All Comments on 'Dark Thunder'

by Transverse

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Dpj49Dpj49about 1 year ago

A beautiful and thought provoking and then sad story. Hopefully there’s more and it becomes a happy story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Just wow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is the saddest story I have read in a very long time! I honestly wish I had not read it at all!!!

The writing is pretty good even though reading this left me feeling very disappointed, hopeless and sad!

What was Richie so afraid of? Finding real love and happiness? He had no friends to be concerned about how they would react if he was found out!

Obviously their are fears about being exposed as gay. But did he really fear being discovered? What caused him to feel such disgust at what he shared and did sexually with Gene.

I get that his parents lack of engagement and showing love fucked him up big time! But I don't understand why he could not overcome the things that ruined the relationship! It felt like they did truly love each other. I know sometimes that is not enough.

Depression is a horrible thing to deal with, but I am also angry that Gene quit on Richie without encouraging him to seek some kind of professional help! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It leaves those left behind who have to try and understand what they possibly could have done differently to help! Gene will not be Ok ever how this ended for them both! So fucking horrible...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous