All Comments on 'Dark Whispers Ch. 07'

by Tessaly

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

1 star.

It doesn’t matter how much you hypnotize someone, it doesn’t take much to lower their body temperature to a critical level and then you have a dead body.

People commit suicide when life gets unbearable and this would qualify. Imagine the rest of your life is going to be addiction, withdrawal, crippling loneliness, and pain. A lifetime of pain. How long would you hold out? There will be no rescue, no reprieve, no parole, no hope and no freedom. Just a lifetime of misery and pain. How long before you open up your veins?

You could tell us you hypnotized her into not ending her life but then there are other ways and eventually, you’ll run out of ways to prevent your victim from killing herself.

All in all, you write as though everyone just accepts everything that happens without judgement or concern.

And that’s too unrealistic.

TessalyTessalyover 1 year agoAuthor

@Whackdoodle

Thanks so much for the constructive criticism! I will definitely take your feedback into account in the future. I'd love to address your points, but I don't want to spoil anything. However, I will say that there are plot-related reasons behind Beth's treatment going forward. Still, I could have done better to address potential future concerns in this chapter.

Thanks again!

— Tessa ♥️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m dying of curiosity, did John actually hypnotize Katie? Or was it something lurking deep in her psyche? I can’t get a clear signal

TessalyTessalyover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous

I can't answer anything to that degree, because the answer hasn't been revealed yet, although there have been a few subtle hints. 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good series, though personally, and without any attempt to disguise my own sexual orientation (straight as an arrow), I think you demonize people who are so-called "homophobic" excessively.

Also, if somebody is using a racial slur, they're not gonna bother to capitalize it, as that would be to acknowledge their "special" ethnicity. I don't capitalize ethnicities myself, because it's dumb. If you're black, you're black, and if you're white, you're white. On that note, I have often thought to myself how ironic it is that anybody capitalizes those two words. This would suggest that they have some special quality that "yellow" and "red" people do not. Talk about racist...

rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntarover 1 year ago

Anonymous must not have really read the series. However, they are right, somewhat, in saying you demonize "homophobic" people excessively (I find it interesting that it's not okay to be homophobic, but it's somehow perfectly fine to be androphobic, like Beth); and it is dumb to capitalize ethnicities. btw I am also straight, with no negative feelings about homosexuality, as long as it's not shoved in my face, seeing as it's not really my business in either respect.

Having said that, I very much like this series and hope you will continue it.

TessalyTessalyover 1 year agoAuthor

@rogueKlyntar @Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! ♥️

I have a question: Which story were you talking about demonizing homophobic people?

In Patriarchy, I do poke fun at fundamentalist bigots with comedic intent, but in Dark Whispers, it's mostly just my orientation kink. So my original concern was that readers would find the story itself to be homophobic, despite me being a lesbian.

About ethnicities or racial slurs, I haven't referenced either in Dark Whispers or Patriarchy, but for what it's worth, here is my take on the grammar of the capitalization of ethnicity:

The only "hard" rule in English is that ethnicities based on geographic region should be capitalized (e.g., African-American), which makes sense because of proper nouns.

Outside of that, such as skin color, it's ambiguous, and there are different styles with conflicting guidelines.

For example, Associated Press style is to capitalize "Black" but leave "white" lowercase, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

For me, I'll decide on a case-by-base basis when I do reference ethnicity. But so far I haven't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope this ends with John and Katie happily together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's weird to me that Beth "turning" Kelly lesbian and stealing her from her boyfriend whom she is happy with is framed as being perfectly okay but "turning" Katie or Alyssa straight is framed as being horrible. Yeah, those were more extreme than what Beth did to Kelly probably but you get the feeling John stealing Katie from Beth and "turning" her straight in a similar manner to whatever Beth did to Kelly would be framed as completely disgusting and unacceptable.

TessalyTessalyover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Each scene is from a different point of view. To Beth, stealing Kelly was perfectly acceptable. And she's as biased as anyone.

In reality, I don't think stealing anyone's significant other is acceptable, and I don't have orientation play sessions with subs who have one, unless they are aware of and are fine with it.

But if you want to talk societal taboo, then there are good reasons why people tend to view gay-to-straight as more taboo than the alternative. For example, the long history of queer persecution, and conversion therapy leading to trauma. I doubt I would find this kink as hot as I do had it not been so taboo.

In any case, I don't intend to make any statements with this story. I'm only trying to write hot erotica. 😉

@Other Anonymous

Keep reading and find out. ♥️

I haven't stopped writing yet, and I intend to eventually write a second book. I'm just taking a temporary break with this story right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am always so tentative when it comes to conversion stories especially lesbian-to-straight because it always seems to go in that whole "good dick is all it took to make pussy completely unappealing and now I know my place as a woman" direction which is just so predictable and played out.

As a lesbian who is really into the lesbian-to-straight conversion kink, I appreciate your story thus far because even though parts are simplified, which is necessary to avoid huge lulls in the story, it still has complexity. I like the inclusion of the cognitive dissonance that is created when you find physical pleasure in a circumstance that you're mind is telling you shouldn't be feeling pleasure from. Or even deeper, to find that, more than the biological components, it is the situation itself that is escalating your pleasure, it completely fucks with your head.

I also like that it is consistently touched upon that Katie is controlling these people so we don't forget that they have selves that exist outside of the selves that Katie has trained into them. Honestly, this is the first conversion story that actually satisfies my kink in all the right ways. Thanks, it is extremely rare.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Next chapter?

xiaomaomexiaomaome10 months ago

Holy F, this story is hot as hell. Have you abandoned it by any chance? I'm personally hoping that there's more, but I'm also realistic

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dear Tessaly,

Hopefully you finished this story. The mystery is great.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTessaly@Tessaly
I'm Tessa, a lesbian hypnodomme, and apparently now an author! I specialize in orientation kink: turning lesbians straight and straight girls lesbian. My first creative work ever is Dark Whispers. I have Book 1 completed, and I'm starting on Book 2. My next story will be ca...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES