Davy's On The Road Again Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On Thursday, I got a call from Los Lobos' manager asking me how many names I needed on the house list. He asked that we arrive an hour before showtime, which was Friday night at 8:15. A few minutes later, Laura called and asked us to meet her for dinner at the Hotel. Emma was good with that since the refrigerator was still full of goodies.

We met Laura in the dining room as Stevie was just leaving. I told him to come by early so we could haul out to Denver. Stevie went back into the kitchen to tell the staff that we were in attendance and to take good care of us. Before he left, he said the chef would prepare a tasting for us.

I asked Laura how she liked Aspen and how she spent her days. She told us that shed seen a lot of Tim, the guy from the studio.

"I'm kind of crazy about this guy. He's very sweet. He showed me around town and he took me to some of his favorite places. A couple of nights ago, we had some mad crazy sex. His cock is so big (she made a gesture like a one-armed fisherman showing off the size of his catch and then another gesture like a soda can), I thought it would rip me apart but he was so caring and gentle. It was wonderful. In the morning, we slept until he had to go to work. He brought me flowers later. I could fall big time for this guy."

"This sounds good, Laura," Amy enthused. "Are you going to stay in contact with him?"

"You bet I am. He's talking about visiting me in New York when his vacation time comes around in a few weeks. He's also crazy about you, Davy. He said that he had so much fun working with you."

"Ask him if he wants to join us for the Los Lobos show. He can be my guitar tech, he's pretty good...and he can probably use some extra money if he's going to New York."

"Oh, Davy! That's an amazing offer! I can't wait to tell him. Can I call him now?"

Laura made the call in the lobby and returned with a big smile. "Turns out, he's off tomorrow and would love to work for you. Ooh, I'm schoolgirl giddy.!

Dinner was served. Oysters, four on the half shell, verjus and spring onion mignonette followed by an Asparagus Salad and then the main course, a selection of Salmon with roasted cherry tomatoes, Vidalia onion panzanella and olive vinaigrette; Chicken with roasted beets and goat cheese and toasted pistachios and Tuscan Style Prime Aged Beef New York Strip Loin with piquillo pepper and anchovy vinaigrette. Man, that was some meal even if I didn't know what half that shit was! We applauded the chef when we came out to see if we were enjoying ourselves. The Ramey Chardonney and the Paitin Barbaresco assured that we were.

After dinner we strolled around town for a while and stopped at the ice cream shoppe for cones before going back to the hotel for a nightcap. Amy asked Laura how her room was and Laura gushed over the hotel, the food, the service, the amenities, over everything. She asked us if we could stay a little longer.

"I have a reason. I want to go back up to the room and make love to both of you just one more time before this fairy tale ends. You two have been so wonderful. Graydon loves my article and wants me to add a Los Lobos postscript. I was worried that he would think my piece was just one big fan letter but, to be honest with you, I love you both and I couldn't be anything but honest in my article. You two are such good people and so rare - no subterfuge, no hidden agendas - you are exactly as you appear, honest and good. At first, I thought I might be writing about some old has-been geezer ex-rock star but instead I discovered that you are anything but that. You're a vital artist who is so well respected by his peers that they find inspiration in you. The more I got to know you, the deeper I felt about you, Davy. You could be really bitter about what you went through, instead you're stronger for it. And that's what my article is about; that through your innate art, you find love and you are willing to express it, share it and improve everyone around you. You are a true American hero. And that's what my article will say."

I was blushing and humbled by her words. I never saw myself that way. I always considered myself an unlucky hack who had his short day in the sun. Hero? Nah. I was just making it through the day and then one day, six numbers were pulled and I got lucky. Now, I was going to lionized in a major publication. Would this change everything, I wondered? Nah, I had Amy to keep me grounded.

As usual, Amy saved me. "Thank you, Laura. Those are powerful words. I'm glad that you see in him what I know to be true. He's just a man but a very good, loving, soulful man whose time has returned. Now let's go upstairs. Your very tasty!"

On the way up in the elevator, Amy pushed Laura between us. Her ass slid against my hardness while Amy caressed her breast. We fondled each other down the hall and once inside the room, ripped out clothes off. We spent a couple of hours just going crazy on each other. Laura was hardly the shy, tentative girl that we knew on the bus. She kissed with true passion, desire and expressiveness. She lapped wildly at Amy's core as I fucked her bouncing hips and held her lovely round breasts. She swallowed my cum like a thousand dollar whore loving every drop. Amy and I shared her pussy as she thrashed and cried out. For our final act, she sandwiched herself between us so I could penetrate her tight, sweet ass while she and Amy rubbed their bodies together kissing madly. This was quality sex among people with a deep fondness and respect for each other. Our intention was to bring mutual pleasure and express our emotions toward each other and in that regard we succeeded. Our escapade ended when she received a call from Tim. We got dressed and tiptoed out mouthing that we would pick them up on the way out of town.

On the drive home, we talked about what excellent sex we'd just had with Laura and about how Laura would be Tim's best sex ever. We were very happy for her and we hoped that she would find the happiness we knew. You could not wish a friend more than that. We quietly slipped into the house and quickly made our way to bed. We kissed and held each other. We laughed over the fact that Laura's sweet scent still cling to both of us.

I spent the morning packing up "Big Chocolate." I filled it with food and lots of snacks for the kids. It was only a little more than one hundred miles to Denver and a direct route from Route 6, Route 40, Interstate 70 or whatever the fuck they called it. The show was at the Fillmore Auditorium, a rock palace. I wanted to get into the "Mile High City" early so I could take the kids around. Never having been there myself, it seemed like a good opportunity for me as well. I wanted to take the kids somewhere nice. I suggested the zoo but they weren't interested. I suggested the Children's Museum but that, too, didn't go over. I considered the Amusement Park but I didn't want to knock them out. Still, where else can a grandfather listen to the squeals of joy from his grandchildren. It was a good opportunity to spoil them. I figured that I could always put them in for a nap. And while I wanted to head out early, several minor things delayed our departure until after lunch.

Fortunately, I had the kids pick out some DVDs for the ride and I didn't tell them of my plan to stop at Lakeside Park. For one thing the weather was lousy and for another, the traffic into Denver was abysmal. Once in the bus, Amy set them up in the bedroom (with the bed tilted up) and let them watch the DVDs. The adults sat around, ate snacks and chatted. Tim sat next to me for a good part of the trip and we talked about music (what else?). The trip was fine from Aspen through the Hanging Tunnel, through Vail, Copper Mountain and Lake Dillon. Things got dicey around the Eisenhower Tunnel when traffic came to a halt for a while. Thank God I had music and good conversation. Things got worse going up the steep grades of Loveland Pass with a windy rain beating down shaking the bus. By the time we passed Lakeside Park, I knew that my plan for the kids was out the window. Fortunately, Tim had a few shortcuts to 287 and I felt better as I was passing the U.S. Mint and the Capitol Building. I knew I was almost there. When I got to Clarkson, I jumped out and asked where I could park. The management was very hospitable and allowed me to park behind the theater near the truck load-in bays. The kids were mighty thrilled to see a burger joint across from the theater and while they were there, Stevie took me for a much needed "walk around the block."

We had a couple of hours to kill and the rain ruled out any kind of touring so we encamped in the bus. I took a nap with my kids on the bed. I fell asleep during "Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull" which is something I heard that a lot of people did. Amy and Laura cooked up some food. Our guests seemed to take it all in stride, web surfing, watching TV and shmoozing.

At 6:30, there was a knock on the door. It was David Hidalgo, Cesar Rojas and Louis Perez. I was just waking and feeling a bit groggy. Amy entertained them while I got myself together. When I came out, they were all having good conversation. I saw Laura taking notes. David and I hugged and he introduced me to Cesar and Louis who I'd never met. We talked about the tracks they sent me and how much I loved them. Cesar recalled that, early in their career, they would play "Sally" to get the crowd going. When I pointed out that the original Sally was sitting right there, they totally flipped out.

There was an opening band for them, The Bridge, and they were scheduled to do forty-five minutes. It would take fifteen minutes to reset the stage for Los Lobos and they would go on at about nine-fifteen. David suggested that they bring me out to do "Sally" with them as an encore. Fortunately, I had my Tele with me. Since their road crew handled the sound check, there was little to do but hang out. We talked about the upcoming tour and the dates we'd share. I gave them some of the latest CDs and we relaxed until it was time to enter the hall.

They were very gracious and gave us great seats. They also gave us all kinds of merch and took special care with Angie and Andy. Louis let Andy sit on his drum throne and wail away. It was a full house of mostly an older crowd which I liked figuring that they would know my name and who I was.

The show started and The Bridge were a very, very good band but to be honest, I spent much of their set in the dressing room with Los Lobos, harmonizing and swapping stories. I changed into my concert outfit. When Los Lobos was called, I went to my seat to enjoy the show. And I really did. Los Lobos is a superb band. Their musicianship is absolutely nonpariel. They played all the songs I love, from "Will The Wolf Survive" up through "The Town And The City." They played "I Want To Be Like You" and "Heigh-Ho" and dedicated it to the Angie and Andy, who were thrilled. Three cameramen roamed around the stage catching the action. There were many standing ovations during their set especially after their version of The Dead's "Bertha" and Cream's "Politician." Their road manager approached me during "Viking" and told me it was time. Tim and I headed backstage. Tim immediately took out my Tele and my Martin and started tuning them up. He handed me the Tele and I watched from the wings.

Cesar approached the mic and told a story about when how when they were first starting out, they used to play songs that would make the bar patrons crazy. "Tonight, we have a very special treat for you. Not only do we have the writer of one of our favorite bar songs here to join us but the lady that he wrote that song about is here, too! Ladies and Gentleman, a great artist, Davy Harper!" The band started a very hot "Sally" as I walked out. I instantly started to riff on the intro with them and David smiled as he stepped up to his mic. The crowd was roaring.

"Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby,
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride with me."

I pointed at Sally who was howling. Everybody in the house was up and dancing. David pointed to me and then to his mic. I took the lead vocal.

"Sally like to rock around the town in her hemi,
Sally like to roll around the ground with me,
Sally like the rhythm of a smooth carburetor,
Sally like the buzzzzz of her Super Bee.

Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby,
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride with me.

Slide in, Sally Baby, Slide In, Sally Girl,
Slide in, Sally Baby, And I'll take you for a whirl,
Slide in, Sally Baby, Slide In, Sally Girl,
Slide in, Sally Baby, And I'll take you round the world."

We were kicking some major ass. This song had never sounded this good. Steve Berlin took the first solo on his Tenor Sax and upped the ante. David took the next solo on his Les Paul. Cesar came in and they began to duel. I stepped up and the three of us threw leads around the stage. The fever was boiling as we moved closer and closer to each other building and building with each riff. Berlin came in on top of us and led us into the verse which we all sang together. I looked out to see everybody whooping and dancing. Angie and Andy were bouncing around and Sally was way off the hook.

"Strap in, Sally Baby, Strap In, Sally Girl,
Strap in, Sally Baby, you got a cute spit curl,
Strap in, Sally Baby, Strap in, Sally Girl,
Strap it on, Sally Baby, and say hello to Mister Earl.

Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby,
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride with me,
Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby,
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride with me,
(Cesar: A Capella now!) Lean to the left,
Lean to the right,
Lean a little closer, feel the plugs ignite,
Lean to the left,
Lean to the right,
Come on, Sally, let's drive all night!
(Cesar: Now you sing!) Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby, Baby
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride on me.
Sally Take A Ride, Take a Ride, Sally Baby
Sally Take A Ride, Take A Ride on me.
(Cesar: A Capella now!) Ride, Sally, Ride"

The house exploded. A huge roar like a wave enveloped the stage. Los Lobos and I waved to the crowd and walked off. They were effusive in their praise. Cesar laughed that the song always works every time. The audience was stomping and chanting. As the band started to return to the stage, David grabbed my arm and pulled me out with them. Tim handed my Martin to Louis.

David quieted the crowd and said, "Cesar was right, wasn't he?...But listen...listen folks, there's a tour starting in a few weeks that's going to have the biggest stars and the biggest bands and the best music you ever heard and all for a good cause. I'll let Davy tell you about it." He waved me over to the mic.

"Thank you, David and thank you Los Lobos. That was the best damn version of "Sally Take A Ride" I've ever heard. Thank you, you guys a fucking awesome! You liked that, too, didn't you, Sally?" She whooped! "Now before I tell you about this tour, I want to tell you all that last weekend I got married and my bride is right there. I love you, Amy!" The crowd roared it's approval and Amy waved to me. Someone in the audience yelled out, "We love you, Davy!" and I laughed. "So a whole bunch of artists are going to be criss-crossing this country all summer long raising money to fill our Food Pantries wherever we need to help our own who are having tougher times than we are these days. Los Lobos will be there...Mark O'Flannery, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan, Jimmy Buffett, Yo-Yo Ma, The National, Lady GaGa, Allen Toussaint, The Black Keys, James Taylor and Carole King and me and I could go on and on with all the great artists joining the tour, honestly folks, there's not an artist nor a band who will not be appearing. So be on the lookout for a full-page ad and buy tickets and help us do the right thing for our own people right here in the U.S....It's called "The Breadbasket Tour" and it's an event you will never forget. Thanks guys for letting me make the pitch!" I turned to walk off when Louis handed me my guitar and said, "Sing the song, Davy!" I waved him off but now David and Cesar were enticing the crowd and the audience started to applaud. I looked at them ruefully.

"So here's a song I wrote called "Breadbasket." Cesar and David picked up their acoustics.

""Every evening around six o'clock, we gather 'round the table,
Mom and Dad and Grampa, me and my sister, Mabel,
We fold our hands and thank the Lord,
For the meal we're about to share,
And vow to do what's right and do all that we are able."

"It's up to us, the those-who-have
To fill the pantry shelves
With cans of food and healthy stuff,
It's how we help ourselves.

So pass the beans, pass them collared greens,
Pass the chicken and dumplings,
And please, please, please, before I blow a gasket,
Pass the juice, pass the butter,
And pass me that old bread basket."

David nodded to me and I held the last note and the audience applauded. He said, "Now, here's the way we do it. We call it "Canasta de Pan." They started to play their version. I stepped back to watch.

"Odas las noches alrededor de las seis, reunimos 'redonda la mesa,
La Mamá y el Padre y el Abuelito, mí y mi hermana, Mabel,
Nosotros doblamos las manos y damos gracias al Señor,
Para la comida nosotros estamos a punto de digerir,
Y para prometer hacer lo que tiene razón y hace todo que podemos.

Hay muchas gente allí que está como Madre Vieja Hubbard,
Ellos tienen no los medios ni medios para vender la alacena de cocina,
Sus trabajos son idos, ellos no tienen dinero efectivo,
El ain de cupones de alimentos' T suficiente,
Es difícil de alimentar una familia con sólo pan y mostaza.

Está hasta nosotros, el ésos que tienen que llenar
La despensa arrincona
Con latas de alimento y material sano,
Es cómo nosotros nos ayudamos.

Tan pase los frijoles y agarró verde,
Pasa las pelotas de pollo,
Y por favor, por favor, por favor, antes que sople una junta de culata,
Pase el jugo, pase la mantequilla, Y me pase la canasta de pan."

Wow, it was even better live. I stood there applauding. The audience roared as we waved and walked off the stage. The show was over and it was just terrific. We hugged and laughed, back-slapped and fist-punched. I thanked them profusely but they insisted on thanking me. Tim took my guitar and started packing us up. The backstage filled with people. I was attacked by Angie and Andy hugging me and yelling, "Grampa, Grampa!" We were being applauded and shaking a lot of hands. I grabbed Amy and hugged her close. "Was that okay?" I asked. She made a face like Munch's "The Scream" and I got the message. Sally was still dancing around. She kissed me and said that was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. Somehow, we eventually made our way out the back where a mob was waiting. I signed a lot of autographs until Angie pulled me away, saying, "Come on, Grampa, take me home!"

Jack insisted on taking the keys and far be it from me to argue. I flopped down on a recliner and popped a cold Beck's (please don't tell Buffett!) while Amy and Emma put the kids to bed. As Jack inched his way onto 287W, Stevie, Sally, Laura and Tim began to talk about the excellence of the show. I was feeling my post-show lethargy and just listened. Sally kept gushing over her song and I completely understood her emotional state. We killed on that number. Both Tim and Stevie kept saying that it was a great show but the encore took it up ten notches. I disagreed, I thought that Los Lobos was just superb and I pointed out that the encores were great show biz - "Leave 'em happy!" While we slowly made our way out of Denver, Amy and Emma joined us as the kids were happily snug and sleeping. Amy settled into my lap and kissed me saying how much fun the show had been. Emma commented that we'd probably see it on YouTube tomorrow and could download a torrent of the show on the day after, both of which I was curious to see and hear. We stopped to fuel up and were told that the road was clean and green to Aspen. As we pulled out, Emma checked on the kids and announced that they were down for the count. She closed the door to the bedroom and Stevie lit a joint which I happily absorbed. I told Tim that although I didn't want to steal him from Jamie, I could sure use a tech on the tour, especially in New York and Washington. He looked at Laura and promised that he would get back to me after he discussed it with Jamie.

1...67891011