All Comments on 'Dead and Horny Ch. 17'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the LockPickingLawyer reference!

Would've been even better if Dana said things like, "little click on 1, 2 is binding, 3 is loose..."

5 stars, even without the LPL reference. Been a reader since part 1 of HFHM. Amazed at the consistent quality of your writing. A very rare thing for this length of time.

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaabout 1 year ago

Gonna be hard to take a Vampyr named after a shampoo seriously, but I'll try. Enjoying the spin-off, good job.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 1 year ago

Great chapter. Thanks

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtabout 1 year ago

Boy you sure pack a LOT into 3 pages! Yet always leave me whimpering for more! I do love the way you think. A major pet peeve for me are people who swallow whole their parents, or some influential figure in their life, religious beliefs without ever stopping to think about it. I consider religious belief systems to be like snowflakes. No two are exactly alike. Anyhow, off my soapbox :). The new monsters are decidedly worrisome ,but since I love vampyr lore as much as the next person, I’m looking forward to the next chapters, especially since I know Dana and Lily must survive or that’d seriously muck up the whole story, eh? One thing does keep bothering me. It’s clear Dana has a natural eau du corpse scent. To me that just doesn’t scream “aphrodisiac “. I keep wondering why it doesn’t turn off any of the others . Geez and I can’t find a girlfriend.. ;) Thx for the ever fabulous fun!

DaddyKruhlDaddyKruhlabout 1 year ago

Honestly you deserve the 5 star rating for the zombie girl art comment alone

joshmosejoshmoseabout 1 year ago

Well done. I appreciate the little side story about demon edits to the bible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thanks for the chapter, a fun read as always.

While recognizing that angels and such in your universe have their own quirks not quite matching what real life religions teach, the discussion about sex and religion is worth commenting on, particularly the "people who hate sex" comment, which is tied to a common misconception. It is perfectly in character and appropriate to have here, but I want to note what religions (or at least Christianity) teach is actually that sex is extremely good and beautiful. This means though that abusing or misusing sex is inappropriate, such as doing it just for fun outside the context of marriage. The full details take a lot more to describe, so it is common for people to just look at some of the conclusions and entirely misunderstand what is actually being said.

CortavarCortavarabout 1 year ago

Hi Annabelle and everyone!

Yay, a Vampyr to match our soon to be new friend (I hope), Tasia the Terse Therianthrope! And a bunch of assholes (well there's just one demon, but he's bodysurfing many people, plus the corrupt evangelist, plus the Vampyr, not sure about the kid) that is not affiliated with a Player, so they can actually die this story!

I expect the Curator to be a long-term antagonist, he's got to have other resources than "Esteban", so even defeating that demon wouldn't mean the end of the threat from whatever faction is lead by the Curator.

I hope that Dana and Tasia can team up to escape, and that they don't waste their regeneration powers too much fighting each other.

Of all the places to fight a vampire, Florida isn't the worst, assuming they've got the traditional weaknesses: lots of running water to cross in the everglades, sunny weather and I assume a fair amount of tanning cabins (for the UV light)... I'm less sure about the religious symbols (the guy hangs out with a televangelist) or the garlic (not familiar with Floridian dishes), but those could work as well. Since he works with humans, the "invite first" rule might not work well either. All that is of course assuming that Vampyrs (and even vampires) are concerned by such limitations...

We'll probably learn it in the next few chapters but I speculate that a Vampyr is a born cryptid, whereas a vampire is created by bite. Now how can an undead give birth, I don't know, but it's going to be interesting to see what lore Annabelle came up with!

On the demon of the deacon, I see a few ways to possess many people at the same time. The first one is simple, but not really satisfying, cheat the rules, either with a secret artifact (least satisfying) or a long forgotten loophole in said rules, say you get to possess a group only if they [insert condition(s)] (much better).

The second one is risky for the demon and probably the whole world: it's to mess with time and be technically possessing one person at a time, but be themselves several distinct temporal selves (demon from 10 years ago, from now, from a 100 years in the future, etc...). That can be fun but tricky to write and convey, even trickier to fight: if you kill it in the wrong order, what happens to the future possessions?

The last possiblity I see (but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on all counts), is that the demon called in favors or outright stole the ability from other demons, who might resent them or be happy from the trade. This would add a 5th faction to the brawl (House, Order, Curator, evangelist, potential demons), and also be quite interesting.

What do you think?

Best wishes,

Cortavar

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it

tenyaritenyariabout 1 year ago

I'm starting to wonder that if Tasia survives this story, there seem to be decent odds she ends up living at a certain house.

EscManEscManabout 1 year ago

When is this side story going to end? Im waiting to binge it and I can’t go back to catch up on the main story either xd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Waited for it and it was a bang, thank you for another amazing episode, can't wait for the next one and the escape plan. The hunters are now preys l.

Bluesea00Bluesea00about 1 year ago

Hate cliffhangers !

Because it s you

emalek123emalek123about 1 year ago

Goddamn it you going to kill me with suspense Annabelle, but damn that was a piece fine work can't wait for next episode 😍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Superior prose! My dearest Annabelle, you do keep me entertained! I have to imagine your awareness and knowledge of the unmentioned may not be humanly acquired. No matter. You know best. Please proceed. I cannot wait for your next installment.

skippersdadskippersdadabout 1 year ago

Another great chapter ,loving all this keep it going till the Order is Happy or gone.

christi11christi11about 1 year ago

Well done, thanks for sharing. I'm enjoying Lily and Dana's adventures along with what I think is a growing relationship between them. Thanks for sharing!

Redneck_390Redneck_390about 1 year ago

Calling it now: the Curator is the one that came to visit Amir at the end of book 5.

Not only that, but I reckon Esteban is actually Sarah, because of the blue stone necklace, body hopping, been alive hundreds of years, etc.

Really enjoying where this seems to be going!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ohhhh no. I hate when lily gets tortured. Hope Tasia and Dana get to finally have a conversation. The deacon is so deep, who knew he would bring this many surprises

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

W O W

SR

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Hooked for sure as always!

ElrastElrastabout 1 year ago

This is the lock picking lawyer and what I have for you today is a Deacon brand lock sent into me by one of my viewers.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknewabout 1 year ago

Thank you Annabelle for another great chapter. My personal Lust is for more chapters!

To commenter EscMan: I am chuckling at your personal hell you've created for yourself, good luck with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing chapter, thank you!!! But I was hoping for a sexy female vampire (or vampyr I guess) that would be changed to need Mike's semen instead of blood!! Can we hope for that soon?? Best wishes

Lenny20Lenny20about 1 year ago
New monster!

After over a hundred chapters of main and side stories vampires are finally here! As one of my fav monsters, I hope they really can shine. And I'm very curious what the spin on the mythological lore will be.

Plus, I hope there will be a sexy female vampire too sometimes soon, maybe in the main story ...

Thanks for another well crafted chapter.

madcrimsonmadcrimsonabout 1 year ago

You should add lockpicking lawyer to the tags 😉

I loved the reference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I've caught up.....my binge reading is over.....now I have to wait with everyone else....

blushingrosesblushingrosesabout 1 year ago

What?! I can't believe I finally caught up and now with the cliff hanger! I love this entire universe. Keep up the good work! <3

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So I always did wonder do you think Lily could transport herself back to Mike even if she's ensnared?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So much action and, wow, all out girls are caged!

I'm sure somebody got a hard on reading that, not me.

But how had come a Vampyr to serve a demon?

Will Tesia join forces with our girls or her hatred agains themm will bu too much?

Procurator9Procurator99 months ago

Oho...

But I can see a new basket at the Radley house some place in the future...

Argonaut_1975Argonaut_19758 months ago

Nice "lock picking lawyer" reference.

JodailyJodaily4 months ago

Ah hell! They're fucked. And not even in a good way! Shit has definitely hit the fan and is now blowing in the wind. Duck y'all

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES