All Comments on 'Dead and Horny Ch. 18'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
tenyaritenyari12 months ago

The counting scene was absolutely hilarious. It should have been sesame seeds though. But I'll take poppy, sesame might have been a little too obvious. :)

Redneck_390Redneck_39012 months ago

Another great chapter. And surprisingly, the joke that made crack up in the break room at work was the glitter joke in the closing comments. Can't wait to see what happens next!

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt12 months ago

Aaarrrgghhh!!! Need more! ( throws herself on ground and throws a temper tantrum that would put a two year old to shame). Loved every..single…minute! Never ceases to amaze me how I can be reading a seriously gory scene and laughing my fool head off at the same time. I particularly was amused by the dog jokes. Heehee. I was also very relieved to read your opening comments (yes I read them). After your last story mentioning that you’re dealing with a plagiarism case and we’re taking some time off, I was concerned you might stop posting here. You wouldn’t be the first great author to do so because of that and I want to choke the offenders every time. Some people could use classes from our beloved so-called monsters on morals! So thank you, more than ever, for continuing on and I wish you the best beating the thieving scum.

James95630James9563012 months ago

Thank you for that little bit of vampire lore at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I think it was your best chapter yet from all your stories. Absolutely loved it

SlofredSlofred12 months ago

Never apologize for any or anything about your stories. At their worst they are quite Amazing. Thank you for taking the time to share with the rest of us. 5STARS again. I can not wait till my grand daughter gets a couple of years older so I can turn her on to the adult SI FI world of Annabelle.

Bluesea00Bluesea0012 months ago

Great as always. Damn too short. !

You better be already writing next chapter!

Love Liliy. But Dana is growing on me

joshmosejoshmose12 months ago

I loved the counting the poppy seeds. Funny. Keep it up please.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Whenever there are multiple stories on a given day that I want to read here on lit I always save yours for last, because I know I will be ending my reading with a quality tale. So thank you for your passion, expertise and imagination.

skippersdadskippersdad12 months ago

That like all your stories was great. so how are they going to save Lilly? Got a bad feeling the Preacher is going to try to Own Lilly. I hope not.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Oh and you missed your chance to say "Vat vas Zat man drinking" (from another vampire movie)

Most exciting morning in a while reading your very readable prose Ms Hawthorne. Qool to know about the OCD in vampires (LoL)

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

please NO glitter for the vamp!!! hahaha.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just have to say I loved the use of emojis for the breaks.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Absolutely fantastic!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Having read all of your stories But the Iceman I think that you are a fantastic Arthur. As for trying to get to your other works, I am having a hell of a time. HELP?TexCajun105@outlook.com

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6912 months ago

Really loving your stories and eagerly awaiting more!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I would like to thank you for all your hard work and efforts in providing these wonderful stories. I cant imagine the time you put into your writing and how hard it must be fitting it around family life but for me I am glad you do.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I always love your tags, but Who let the dogs out, was very cool

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent job looking for the next parts. I also believe many fae had the counting issues if I remember correctly.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent as always, and can't wait to see where the story is going.

However, I'm not so excited about what appears to be a trend of abbreviating a name or phrase to just the first word. Walkie & rear-view in this story. In a recent story by another author the characters went into the 'living', presumably living room or living area. Sometimes it makes no sense at all.

Is it really too much trouble to write walkie-talkie or rear-view mirror, or is this just a passing fad like putting countless words in quotes to mimic air-quotes?

Strand

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Such a great storyline and writer. I wait anxiously for every new chapter you offer, regardless of the story. Please keep up the great work, you really make my day when I stumble over these.

Monkeynutsjoe79Monkeynutsjoe7912 months ago

I hope this is the start of Dana moving on from poor Alex. Lily's a great distraction for her... needs, but until she finds someone she can connect to in a meaningful way, there will always be that hole in her heart. Maybe an angry Knight turned werewolf is just the right kind of messed up for our favourite lesbian zombie to click with?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Waiting patiently for Dana x Tasia and the associated "bitch in heat" jokes...

"I think Interview with a Vampire was one of my favorite vampire stories growing up, and Necroscope had an interesting take that I enjoyed."

If you like hard sci-fi at all, you'd probably enjoy the two Firefall books by Peter Watts. Vampires feature prominently and have some interesting quirks that play on their more classical mythology.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful as always!

NobodyspclNobodyspcl12 months ago

Always look forward to any story in your monster series. I'm sure you are getting more people reading your stories just for the storytelling. People will wait for a good story. Don't fall into the trap of cranking out pitiful stories quickly. Look at what happened to movies. They all seem to fall into the same 💩 different appearance category. Personally, I prefer unique characters and interesting plot lines(salted liberally with humor). Keep up with the wonderful storytelling.

Newt0351Newt035112 months ago

Love how you are moving this story along.

On to a complaint I read. I don't know anyone who says "walkie-talkie anymore, other than children. '88-2001 I was in the military or security field. It was a walkie, mike or stupid nickname someone had. On that note thank you for keeping the story real. As for rear-view, I assumed it was on of those screens that are in some cars again giving me a clear image. Maybe it was supposed to be a mirror but I let the story and author be my guide otherwise I would just write on myself.

Thank you for sharing your hard work and imagination Anna

candykinscandykins12 months ago

I really am enjoying this spin off. I like the characters, though I am a bit confused about Dana. I thought she was not supposed to have feelings. But while I was reading this chapter and others before it, I find myself visualizing her with feelings. Oh, just a minor detail.

I enjoy the pace of the story. And I like that there are not so many characters to keep track of (I still do enjoy HFHM but this is simpler for me).

TehWafflHouzeTehWafflHouze12 months ago

I was so desperate for a fix that reading the opening was almost enough to tie me over for the day.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

🎶 more more more how do I like it how do I like it more more more🎶

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You are a master of your craft! When I read this the first time I was thinking “but Dana’s phone was broken…” , second time I saw the replacement from Eulalie. That’s what I get for going too fast! Hope you are well and not overwhelmed by the plagiarism bs - thank you for continuing to publish on lit, this stuff is addictive!!

H_RoarkH_Roark12 months ago

Thanks for the new story. I really don't think you need to apologize for delays etc in delivering new stories. I treat this like the old sci-fi / fantasy magazines I used to subscribe to in that I never knew when I was going to get an issue so any serialized story always left me desperate for the next part. I'm glad you are committed to keeping up the quality of the stories and staying true to the characters.

And you've made me almost feel sorry for Tasia. :) Talk about a total suck of a situation to be in. Reminds me of some of the spy novels I used to read where two rivals had to cooperate even after trying to kill each other for years against a threat to each of them individually. It will be interesting to see where Tasia lands at the end.

Also is the Curator another player in the great game who is going to be a rival to the Caretaker and Legion is his/her group of (unwilling?) minions?

I guess stay tuned and wait for the next issue to arrive in the 'mail'. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Loving the dog puns. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Arc2456Arc245612 months ago

Loved it!

One poppy seed, hahaha

Two poppy seeds, hahaha

Hehe

haydenlifehaydenlife12 months ago

Thank you SO MUCH for what you give us here. I have not waited so expectantly for each next installment of a series since the original X-Files back when I was in high school. I wish there were a way to give a five-star rating to the whole series instead of having to go back through each chapter to do so, as I haven't always been logged in while reading some of the stories.

Lenny20Lenny2012 months ago
Fight for the ages

Wow! After such a long time the wait for that fight paid off big time.

Love the way a pure blooded vampyr is much stronger than any regular old vampire. Curious if it'll be explained how many of them even are alive, how they are created etc.

And I love to see that Dana now has absorbed Lily's sense of humor. The dog puns are just a great little addition making this chapter even better.

Thanks for sharing this awesome story!

VeloGoneRogueVeloGoneRogue12 months ago

A vampire, werewolf, and zombie walk into a bar...

Haha cant wait fr more

SeventhMarxBrotherSeventhMarxBrother12 months ago

It's bit of a British thing, but I can't really take a Vampire called Timotei all that seriously as it used to be a brand of shampoo in the mid 80s.

Otherwise nicely done, especially the proper Vampire lore with the poppy seeds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U7bakst2ask

bhojobhojo11 months ago

I vant to arrange your spice rack ! eet is zooo charming. Sparkly vampyrs aside this story is freaking awesome. now we need werewolf vs sex zombie the xxx version !

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This one is a full action chapter, starting with our caged girls scaping thanks to Dana's playing dead girl, it's so ironic. And when it seem our girls are going to be caged again they are saved by the countable power of poooy seeds, so funny the rererence to the Count of seseme street.

Outstanding . And again, thank you so much for writing us these tales.

Procurator9Procurator98 months ago

I really need the theme from MI as background music...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Can’t wait for the movie (NC17+), and to be able to haughtily say, “You know, the book was better!” Oh, and I actually saw something coming for a change, yay. Also, the spot occupied by the 5 star on my screen is wearing out. Adoring fan Polly_Dolly out.

Bdawg777Bdawg7777 months ago

I loved reading the Necroscope series! Stumbled onto it while hunting at a library years ago, not my standard style of reading but very interesting. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Defeated a vampire with the OCD equivalent of SQUIRREL!!! I love that so much.

-AT

CoucyCoucy5 months ago

"So much blood," Dana muttered. "Hot on my skin, splashed across the snow as if on a white canvas, footsteps as brushstrokes along the forest floor..." - I thought that this was a quote of a poem. I'm really enjoying your writing. You've got great characters, and I like how you're referencing 1950s horror movie tropes. Dana gets more interesting with each chapter. Gotta say, Mike's character is kinda bland in comparison. Also, props for taking on Christian hypocrisy. Brave, even here.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Anyone who's read The Laundry Files knows vampires are OCD about counting spilled things

GrmPAGrmPA7 days ago

Oh yes Annabelle, you certainly do impress!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
10486 Followers
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 113 of HFHM is scheduled w/e March 30th Chapter 114 of HFHM scheduled w/e April ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories