Deliver Us From Evil Ch. 01

Story Info
July 4th issues; promotions; a shocking crime.
20.5k words
4.79
8.3k
6

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 11/02/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

There may or may not be discussion of political issues in my stories. If you are a Snowflake that feels you need to be protected from any mention of politics, then click the Back button now, and never attempt to read any of my stories ever again. You've been warned.

Special note: There are NO sex acts involving minors in this story nor any of my stories. Any explicit acts or discussions of them are about adults 18 or over.

***

Part 1 - Prologue

(Author's note: Some housekeeping and table setting in this first chapter. Thanks for your patience and bearing with it.)

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, June 28th, from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with the Civic Center on the other side of Courthouse Square as her background. "Controversies over the July 4th weekend remain unresolved!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "We have full Team coverage of the breaking stories of the controversies surrounding the July 4th weekend. Let's go to trusted reporter Amber Harris for more. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" shouted the 'height-challenged', athletic blonde reporterette from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with the Civic Center on the other side of Courthouse Square as well as the statue of President Thomas Jefferson and the flagpole on the Square as her background.

Amber: "July 4th is on Sunday this year, and the traditional and increasingly popular Town & County Triathlon was scheduled to be run that morning. However, local churches complained a month ago, citing that road closures would prevent worshippers from getting to the churches for services, so the Triathlon was rescheduled, and will be run the morning of Saturday, July 3rd."

Amber: "The Triathlon is sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary Club, but the Picnic and Fireworks Show are paid for by the Town & County itself, and that event is still scheduled for Sunday evening. Efforts to reschedule it were rebuffed by the company contracted to put on the fireworks display, who claim they have another display to put on in Hamilton County on Saturday."

Amber: "Several members of the Town & County Council as well as Social Justice groups have called for the total cancellation of the fireworks show. Let's go to political reporter Carl Lemay for more. Carl!"

"That's right, Amber!" said the tall(er), black reporter, wearing his expensive, well-fitting suit as he appeared on screen, with City Hall as his background. He and Amber were fifteen feet apart on the same rooftop. He said "Council Members are upset that the fireworks company won't reschedule the date for the fireworks show, but Social Justice groups and Civil Rights leaders also want the festivities canceled. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Lemay interviewing Stacy Jacobs and Eldrick X. Weaver the day before. Weaver said "The Town & County Government didn't do anything for the 'Juneteenth' holiday, except put a lot of cops on the streets to suppress any peaceful rallies. But the racist Republicans of the Council want to pay for fireworks on the holiday celebrating white slaveowners that hypocritically declared (air quotes) 'independence' for themselves, but continued to subject People of Color to the brutality of slavery."

Stacy Jacobs: "We are calling for all the July 4th activities that are paid for by the Government to be canceled. We are also calling for all People of Color to boycott all activities on July 4th, and to peacefully protest the disrespect shown us on Juneteenth."

Back to Carl Lemay live: "The Town & County Council is expected to take up the issue at tomorrow night's Council meeting at City Hall. Let's go back to Amber Harris with more on the Town & County Police preparations for the expected peaceful protests. Amber!"

"That's right, Carl!" said Amber as the feed returned to her. "Channel Two News has learned that White Nationalist Governor Sharon Marshall has ordered additional State Patrol reinforcements to the Town & County to augment the Town & County Police. The TCPD has refused to give any details of their security plans, such as where and how many heavily armed and armored cops they will deploy. And Commander Donald Troy, who is directly in charge of such paramilitary-style deployments, has refused--- er, has not responded to repeated requests for comment by KXTC Channel Two News. Back to you, Bettina!"

Back to Bettina live: "Thank you, Carl! Thank you, Amber! That was Carl Lemay and Amber Harris with Team coverage of those important stories. And in international news, the Vatican is denying rumors that Pope John Paul IV is seriously ill. A spokesman for the Holy See issued a statement saying that His Holiness the Pope canceled a couple of events due to the flu, but he is resting comfortably and will return to his duties soon."

Bettina: "Claude Cardinal O'Leery, Archbishop of the Diocese of The City, is considered to be a leading candidate to be elected the next Pope. His Office in the City said that he has no travel plans in the near future, and that His Holiness the Pope is not seriously ill. And now let's go to Jeff Hull for Sports. Jeff!..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wow." said Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone as she, the Sheriff, Your Iron Crowbar, Chief Moynahan, Chief Deputy Cindy Ross, and Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle watched the propaganda-cast and drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "Can they do that?"

"Do what?" Cindy asked.

"Change the contract with the fireworks company." Tanya replied. "It's pretty short notice to make a big change like that."

"The contract was made months ago." Cindy said. "And they were contacted last month about making the change from Sunday to Saturday, but the fireworks people said they couldn't change it. And yes, it's a stone-cold contract; the County has to pay it out no matter what."

Teresa said: "The Fairgrounds include the grounds west of the River, and that's where the fireworks company is going to set up. The contract reserves that land for them starting Friday in order to set up. So they're going to be setting up over there. The Parks & Recreation people believe the fireworks company could move the show time up by a day, and there's language in the contract that allows changes of time or date, mostly due to weather possibilities."

I said "Who changed the date of the Triathlon from Sunday to Saturday? Especially if the churches were complaining only a month ago. They should've left it when it was, and told the churches to deal with it. July 4th won't be on Sunday again for years, and we can do better next time, but to change it on such short notice... especially if they can't change the fireworks show... is folly."

Chief Moynahan said "I a-greeeee, Mister Crowbarrrr."

Sheriff Griswold growled: "I can understand the churches's complaints, though. The Catholic, Presbyterian, First Baptist, and Episcopal Churches are all on College Street. With University Avenue, North Street, and Riverside Drive blocked off, and Jefferson Avenue blocked off for the wheelchair race, it is virtually impossible to get to those churches during race time."

Teresa said "What I don't like about it is having to provide the security over two days instead of one. And worse... when I hear a spokesperson for the so-called 'Social Justice' groups, like Stacy Jacobs, say they want to (air quotes) 'peacefully' protest, that sure as shootin' means anything but peaceful."

Teresa: "Police Officers of all people should be able to have July 4th to spend with their families instead of on riot duty. But nooooo, these anarchist assholes have to gin up violence. God! they piss me off!"

I said "I wonder if that's just a bluff... and on the Media's part as much as Jacobs and Weaver's parts. I noticed that Amber made a point to talk about our State Patrol reinforcements, which aren't as large as she was making it sound, and then Amber whined about the TCPD not giving the biased, dishonest, and corrupt Mainstream Media detailed information about our security plans.

"Sheesh!" growled Teresa.

Me: "My point is that I would not put it past the Media to work with the Haters to say they're protesting or should protest, just to make us have to plan for it, pay the extra money to have Officers in full riot gear waiting for trouble that might never develop. And to piss off the Iron Wolf, of course."

Everyone chuckled as Teresa nodded vigorously in agreement. Then she said "But we can't take the chance that they're bluffing. They weren't bluffing a year ago when they marched on the site of the start of the Triathlon." (Author's note: 'Sugar and Spice', Ch. 02-03.)

I said "In lieu of the normal Angels meeting, let's have Captain Michaels and the Lieutenants Three meet with us this morning. And invite the Precinct Captains to join us, even though they are anything but Angels."

As Teresa sent out text messages, Tanya asked: "Was the Juneteenth situation as bad as KXTC made it out to be?"

"Not only 'no', but 'hell no!'." I replied. "Eldrick X. Weaver got a permit for a 'Picnic In the Park' rally at MLK Jr. Park. When Lieutenant DeLong at 2nd Precinct got notice of the permit, he called Weaver and asked what security or crowd control Weaver needed, and Weaver said the TCPD's normal procedures would suffice. So we had some Officers and Deputies at the entrances to the park and around the parking lot. Nothing special, because they didn't ask for anything special."

Me: "They were in standard gear, which meant armored vests, but nothing special in the way of riot gear. And there were no problems at all. The (air quotes) 'rally' was mostly Weaver, Reginald B.F. Lewis, and Stacy Jacobs making speeches, and those weren't all that politically charged. Only this morning, and specifically from KXTC, are we hearing of any complaints about TCPD Imperial Stormtroopers."

Cindy: "What about their complaint that the Town & County did nothing special for them for Juneteenth? No fireworks, no ceremonies involving the Mayor nor any Council members..."

Me: "No one asked, and I don't say that as a cop-out. Look, the United States of America will be 250 years old on July 4th, 2026, just a few years away. And we've been celebrating July 4th nearly that long. By way of contrast, 'Juneteenth' was made a Federal holiday just last year."

Me: "Some of those civil rights leaders need to start up some traditions, if that's what they want, and they should not expect others to do it for them. If they want the Mayor or Council Members involved, they should invite them, not expect others to do it for them."

Sheriff Griswold: "They don't want the tradition. They don't want to invite the Mayor to anything. They want the complaint after the fact, and the Media is all too willing to help them spread their disingenuous trash."

I said "I agree, Sheriff... except I think the Media is at the front line of the complaints, and the civil rights leaders are helping them."

Cindy said "Changing the subject... we haven't seen much of Pat Stellum on KXTC lately. No interest in why not?" She looked right at me as she said it.

I said "Why are you looking at me? I couldn't care less, unless he comes over all dead and we have to investigate his murder."

Cindy seemed disappointed as she said "No, he's alive, and still with KXTC. But my own secret Media source tells me that he's met with Professor Lionel Carmela several times, and that he's been seen on the Midtown College campus a lot. She thinks he may be trying to dig up some dirt on the new University President, Dr. Jerry Moore."

Teresa said "What, are they still trying to get Carmela installed as University President? That will be the day."

I said "Or Carmela is going to blackmail Moore into doing what Carmela wants..."

Part 2 - Freedom's Just Another Word...

8:30am, Tuesday, June 29th. A meeting convened in the Main Conference Room. At the near end sat Chief Moynahan. To his left was me, to my left was Teresa, to her left was Cindy, to her left was 1st Precinct Captain Hugh Hewitt, and to his left was 2nd Precinct Captain Abram.

To the Chief's right was Tanya, to her right was Captain of Detectives Claire Michaels, to her right was Lt. Mary Milton, then Lt. Jerome Davis, then Lt. Micah Rudistan. At the far end sat Sheriff Griswold.

The day before, I'd put out word to gather intel on the threat level we're facing for the July 4th weekend, particularly with regard to the Media and Social Justice leaders calling for 'peaceful' protests. Now, 24 hours later, we were gathering to hear the results, and make our plans going forward.

The Chief had me lead the meeting, and I said "Okay, what I know, and can contribute to this, is that the fireworks company is not budging; they are steadfastly refusing to change from Sunday to Saturday night, and they have publicly threatened to sue if the Council tries to forcibly change the contracts or cancel the show. Even if the County pays them, they say they'll sue because they've already bought a bunch of fireworks, and don't want to be left with all those explosives unused and having to be stored. Commander Croyle?"

"Thank you, sir." said Teresa, picking it up as pre-planned. "Whether it's one full day or two half-days of security, we can handle it with the professionalism the TCPD is well known and respected for. The issue is just how much security do we need? How credible are the threats of violence?"

Captain Michaels called upon Lt. Mary Milton, who exercised excellent leadership by saying "First of all, I appreciate the Precincts's Officers working their C.I.s and sending us their information quickly. Ditto that for the MCD and Vice Detectives."

Mary: "So far, we are not getting anything that suggests plans for organized gatherings by groups that could potentially be hostile to the normal festivities. No one has filed for a permit for anything in MLK Park, and---"

"Let me ask a question." said Captain Claire Michaels. "Why would you think they would file for a permit, especially if they're going to march or demonstrate, peacefully or otherwise?"

I replied "To have a place to legally gather as a large group in order to stage a subsequent march or cause trouble. Also, the biased, dishonest, and corrupt Mainstream Media knows we've been watching to see if they're staging any protests that turn violent, as opposed to just reporting on those protests. So having a legal gathering first gives the corrupt Media some degree of cover--- what?"

I was looking at Cindy Ross, who had shaken her head as I said that. As I glared at her, she said "I'm not going to re-hash it here."

"Keep going, Mary." Teresa said as the Red Crowbar continued to glare at the Green Crowbar.

"Yes ma'am." said Mary. "And Commander Troy is right about the reason for getting a permit. Anyway, the intel we're getting is that the Black Community is not energized about July 4th. As to student groups, it's Summer School right now and most students are not here. And Dr. Lionel Carmela, who is usually the focal point of disturbances amongst the students, is out of Town. He's in Washington, D.C. for some conference on Climate Justice, and is scheduled to be at a second conference next week, so he likely won't return home until well after the Holiday."

Mary: "Also, I touched base with some people who have connections to the FBI and DEA, and my sources tell me the Feds are not expecting any large-scale ginned-up issues by so-called Social Justice groups, at least not around here. The Feds in Washington, the DOJ and Homeland Security, are saying that (air quotes) 'ultra right wing' groups are a greater threat to violently riot than the 'Social Justice' groups that burned down The City and a lot of other cities."

Mary: "And last but not least, while we in here know it's not true that any oversized contingents of State Patrol people are coming, the Media reporting that has apparently had the effect of causing potential troublemakers, be it rioters or our basic criminal elements, to keep their heads down and to take this weekend off."

Tanya Muscone said "Why the tiptoeing around? Why not just directly ask the local FBI office for information on potential threats? And I know from my own source that nobody in the TCPD has done that."

"Because I told them not to." I said, shifting my 'look' from Cindy to Tanya. "And no disrespect to your husband nor the local FBI team, but I absolutely do not trust those corrupt bastards in Washington, especially not US Attorney General Derrick B. Harland. My own Officers will I trust to gather accurate information and correctly assess the potential threats."

Tanya did not really appreciate that, but she couldn't say anything, and she especially could not pursue her digs at Mary Milton. The Iron Crowbar was not playing those games today.

Teresa moved things along: "Speaking of threat assessments, what do you guys think of them for this weekend?"

"We can't assume there won't be any problems, ma'am." said Captain Abram. "We have to make contingencies. But we already have, so I think we're ready."

Captain Hewitt said "I agree. We're ready."

Lt. Rudistan said "I'm more worried about the actual criminals than protesters. Holiday weekends like this give bad guys cover to do bad things."

Teresa said "I agree with that. And my plan is to have a Saturday group and a Sunday group for security... not the same people, they have to be one or the other, so that they get some time off this weekend to be with their families. If it's all on Saturday, then we have two half-day groups; if not, we have one group on Saturday for the race, and the other on Sunday for the Picnic."

Teresa: "Ask the Officers for preferences on which shift they would prefer to work, and we'll accommodate them as far as we can. And if there's trouble, we'll have some people on call, but we'll have State assets to help, as well."

"Good plan, Commanderrrr Croyle." drawled the Chief. "Is there anything else?"

"If I may, Chief," said Claire Michaels, "while we have everyone here, I'd like to talk about the Toyota Gang that's been hitting the northwest area of the State, including our County."

"By all meeeeens." drawled the Chief.

Claire said to everyone "Do we have anything new on them?"

"No ma'am." said Mary Milton. "There have been no crimes in the last two weeks in the Tri-State area that fit that gang's modus operandi in any way. I also made contact with the SRIC in Midtown, and they don't have anything fitting these guys anywhere else in the State, at all."

The SRIC was the 'State Regional Intelligence Center', which was a clearinghouse of information from all over the State. It was run by the SBI, which meant that some jurisdictions did not share information with them. The TCPD was not formally part of their network, but we would and did share information upon specific requests.

Claire said "That should tell us something, that they're operating only in this area, though not letting State Lines constrain them. Anything from the FBI on them?"