Demo Day 03

Story Info
It's been a while, Pete meets love again.
1.4k words
3.42
7.8k
11
10
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/12/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

<i> This was written a while ago but I didn't realize I hadn't ever posted it. It is a conclusion which seems plausible and quite possible between 2 people that truly love each other, maybe I'm a closet romantic?? I hope you enjoy it!

As an aside, I don't give too much credence to non-publishing critics since I don't feel they have the nerve to put word to page except to comment on other's works. 'nuff said. </i>

3 years later....

It took 14 months of irregular visits to the grandkids to get me moving in the right direction. Mention of Gramma had dwindled after the first 5 or 6 months. I had seen the grands every 5 or 6 weeks, calling Jen the day before to see if a visit was possible. I'd show up while the kids were in school and then spend the evening with them then waking up and eating breakfast. I'd walk them to the bus stop then take the 2 trains to get home again. I had been talking to a few people around the apartments and listening to their stories.

One guy had been married twice and his first wife cheated and then the second wife cheated and he had sworn off marriage. Another guy had been married 3 times. His first wife cheated on him, then he cheated on his second wife and then he married his mistress. She cheated and he swore off marriage. They were both lonely. I had heard similar stores from a few women I met at the complex's clubhouse. I was somewhat lonely myself.

Jen called one Monday and asked if I wanted to come watch a belt test for the grandkids on Thursday. I told her I'd like that so I set things up and headed out to see the kids. I was in a better mood Tuesday and Wednesday in anticipation of seeing the kids and hopefully watching them both take their belt test at their respective levels.

I got to the apartment at 1 and knocked on the door. It was opened by Jackie and she gave me a small smile and said, "Come in. Jen said you were coming for the belt test."

"She didn't tell me you'd be here." I try to keep my voice as casual as possible, no hint of the mild annoyance I am feeling or any other negative feelings.

"Well, I guess she thought you wouldn't come if you knew I'd be here as well."

I hesitate a few heartbeats, "I don't know if I'd have stayed home or come but it is nice to see you. You are looking well." She was looking well but I saw some tension in her eyes at first and then they seemed to soften and she smiled.

"I've been going to therapy every week and I've learned a lot about myself that I had sublimated. I feel so much better than I did when....the incident occurred. You've lost weight and you seem more relaxed."

"I think you're remembering those last few months when things weren't good between us."

"I guess so...but you look much happier."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I've accepted my lot in life and with acceptance comes....a different outlook I guess." We were still standing at the door and Jackie sort of looked surprised for a second, "Oh, I'm sorry, come in. We shouldn't be standing in the doorway talking about such things. Jen your dad is here."

"Okay mom, that's good" from a bedroom.

I stepped in and Jackie closed the door. She led me to the kitchen table and asked, "Coffee, tea or something else?" She had a very neutral expression but that line had been one of our little preludes to playtime for the first 20-some years but it had slowly faded out of the game we'd occasionally play.

"Um...water would be nice but I can get my own thank you."

"No please let me get it for you." I sat down and Jackie brought a glass and a bottle of water over to my seat. She stared at me for a few seconds then said, "About back then....I'm sorry it happened."

"Jackie, it's the past and its over. I don't need to talk about it" my tone was quiet and very gentle. I stared at her, shook my head, "It's water under the bridge and it can't be changed. So unless you really need to re-hash it I'd just as soon drop the subject."

"I just needed to say that. What have you been doing with your time?"

"Well, I've gotten involved with the group of visually-impaired and blind adults in my area. I spend several days each month in activities with them. Plus I read a lot; go to the complex clubhouse and workout 3 or 4 times a week. I'm in a chess group and my game is improving and I play cards with a group of people. What have you been doing?"

"I'm taking dance classes two nights each week, a book club once a month, walk several days each week and I've taken a couple cooking classes. Are you seeing someone?"

"No, I've no interest in dating. I know a few women who've asked me to dinner and I've turned all of them down. I see them at the card group or at the clubhouse but....I'm not....." I stopped and then a moment later I asked, "What about you, seeing someone?"

"I was....but it didn't work out. He found a flaw in me that ruined a really good thing. I haven't looked around since. I've been asked out but I doubt anyone could compare so I don't bother with any of them."

"I'm sorry for you. You deserve a good guy to spend your time with. You are the sweetest woman I've ever met...."

"Well don't sell yourself short. You are great. I'm sorry I messed it up." Jen came walking out to the table, "So what are you two talking about?"

I said, "Old times" and Jackie smiled, "Ancient history."

Jen said with the biggest smile, "Well I was happy to hear it quiet in here. I was afraid dad was going to go ballistic when he saw you mom."

"No Jen, I've calmed down a lot, haven't you noticed?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't sure how you'd react...."

I sighed and said, "I'm fine...we're fine. When do we get the kids?"

"We should leave soon, like 5 minutes."

"Okay, Jacs...potty first?" They both looked at me and smiled.

"What, what are the smiles for?"

"You called mom Jacs...and I haven't heard that in a long time." Jackie got up and went to the bathroom. She came out a couple minutes later, "Your turn honey." I got up and went, not even thinking about how we had slipped back into old habits se easily.

The belt tests went well and then we went to dinner and then back to the apartment. The kids showered and got ready for bed. Jackie went into the bathroom with her sleepwear and came out 5 minutes later and then I went and changed.

I had usually used the couch when I stayed over but with Jackie there I took the recliner just the way it had been when we were married. Jackie put HGTV on and I laid the recliner back and I was starting to doze. I heard Jackie moving around and then felt a kiss on my cheek as she said, "It's so good to see you and talk to you Pete. I've missed you....so much."

I was half-asleep and mumbled, "I've missed talking to you too Jacs, good night."

In the morning, after the kids got on the school bus and we were back at the apartment Jen said, "Well, I have plans with Beth so...."

"Okay kiddo I'll see you soon. I can catch the train in 20 minutes. Love you bye. Jacs it was good seeing you. Take care and I'm sure I'll see you again."

"Pete, would it be easier if I drove you home? I have no plans today would you accept a ride?"

I tilted my head and said, "I guess so but won't that take you out of your way?"

"It doesn't matter, I have all day and...night, if need be." She was smiling and blushing.

Pete smiled, "It may take a lot of time Jacs."