All Comments on 'Deprivation'

by AverageBear

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is this a erotica story or a sermon session?

Most useless piece of writing I read in some time

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 4 years ago
Nice

A very unique approach and story, and fairly well-told. Bravo!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
Stupid. On soooooo many levels

The opening or beginning portion of the story is so stupid that it actually hurts my head To think about it. The wife consistently rejects her husband and is at times exceptionally cruel and mean ...while the husband is unable the put together one sentence to defend himself or explain the a

Even if the wife has for whatever reason lost interest in sex with her husband it never occurs to her that this might be a problem for him. His well being Never enters into her mind .

leaving the door unlocked when hes jerking off to porn is just stupid. Most men know when it's OK to look at porn when the wife is around and when it is not and when to lock the door

Wanting to have sex with your wife is not a lack of self control. It is perfectly normal for a husband to have sexual fantasies about his wife. It is perfectly normal for a husband to leer or oogle his wife to sexually objectify her

Yet the husband is unable to utter even basic sentences like.... " so you mean to tell me it's wrong for her husband want to have sex with his wife occasionaly"?

Or maybe something like this... "Do you have any feelings or emotional connection to me at all? It doesn't seem like you do. The lack of any physical contact with me tells me that you no longer love me and want to be around me".

Lass would you be religious lecture which is in bed into the story is stupid as it is sad. Paul certainly did not say anything like and sexual relations. For a minute I thought I was reading about doctor Ruth westheimer as opposed to Paul the apostle.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wowee!

Sex backed by the Church!...I never saw that coming! ..5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waste of words

This is why religion is a pile of crap. The sooner we give it up the better off the human race will be.

And what is all the bolding certain words?

Rubbish story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bit different

Have to say really did enjoy it. It was a bit weird but hey that’s how a story should. Weird and enjoyable to read. So keep up the great stories and write more like this soon .

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Nice

Sweet variation on the "we need to talk" theme. Thank you for a real loving wife.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 4 years ago
This was the most religion I’ve had since I was a kid.

It was also a really good story about married life and it’s ups and downs....or lack thereof.

5 stars, and not just because I’m a sucker for happy endings and actual loving couples.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

God this really hit home...I wish I could figure my wife’s nitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice Story

Now we just have to convince the ladies in our life it's true.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Interesting story

Thanks for writing. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An actual loving wives story

I am gobsmacked. And pretty good too. Well done.

RandomcarrotRandomcarrotover 4 years ago
This became really beautiful at the end

And thank god the wife took charge because the lack of assertiveness in the main character really made the first page hard to get through but I'm glad I did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Religion

Is indeed the root of all evil, and the cause of most conflicts in this troubled world of ours!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Not the normal LW fare, but emotional and real in the early part. If only the end could be the outcome more often.

fred324afred324aover 4 years ago
so he decides to join the cult?

After years of suffering with a terrible love life because his sexually repressed wife was programmed by the cult's beliefs, he decides to join in? Isn't her religion primarily the cause of the problem, not the solution?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

This is me... but my wife hasn’t turned the corner yet. I hope that this is an answer to my prayer and it inspires her. Thank you.

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
So Long

So long the husband put up with the wife's non-sense. He should have sought help sooner and insisted the wife participate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"The fault...

...dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves that we are underlings."

The guy's a complete wimp and the conversion of his wife, totally unbelievable.

breville1breville1over 4 years ago
Hallelijah!!

'Nuff said!! Great story!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 4 years ago

Good but.... not the catholic teachings i know. Sex is for kids and the good of the couple, ie fuck away cause you’re married. My wife’s ethics class text in an all girls high school run by nuns had a very informative human sexuality section. Masters and johnson would be proud. Not to mention that many of the girls in religious schools are busting to break all sorts of rules! But having said all this there are a few breakaway catholic groups since vatican 2 who are a bit extreme.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
Fantasyland??? Sounds like hell to me

I've never read such drivel. I hope there really aren't people like Kat who really believe that sex is just for procreation. And her sudden reversal isn't fantasy - it's nonsense. People don't just give up a lifetime of a philosophy because some person says that if you manipulate the scripture of choice you can get the answer you wanted. I've always believed that people can write what they like in a fantasy site, but we all have the right not to read what's there. Fortunately I was able to skip around and avoid reading the whole thing before deciding it would be a waste of time. 1*

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Different

Different , interesting, and very good story. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Religion is a disease, knowledge is the cure.

BigJim48BigJim48over 4 years ago
LW & Deprivation

Now this is a true Loving Wife story. Thought for sure as this started out that it would be the typical LW story. But was so happy that it turned out the way it did! Would love that more were written in the LW forum like this!

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 4 years ago

This is novel and well written. I do have a prejudice against religion messing up people's relationships. Write more, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A very good story. Religion can be evil.

We fight wars over religion, to many in the Cathlic church are sexually repressed by procreation theories. Different priests down play other religions and that spews hate. Ever since the church stopped men from marriage.you see sickos attracted to it commit all kinds of crimes on children and boys and girls.it is not gods will to be celebrate and it's not natural. The world has enough problems without all this added bulshit.

If

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great job!

Nice to see a story with a more realistic marital issue. My guess is there are a huge number of marriages that are struggling because of refusal, gatekeeping, or significant drive disparities. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My wife, the church lady

Good story-And you give all the anti-religions bigots a place to vent!

I was raised in a conservative Catholic home, but I never got the “sex is only for procrastination” lecture. I think it’s mostly urban legend that Catholics only have sex for procreation. We used natural family planning, and it worked well, for us.it us great for couples, where the woman loves to have her pussy licked, and the man loves pleasing his woman. Besides, with natural family planning, you only avoid fucking 5 days out of the month. But if you have no imagination and think that 30 seconds of foreplay followed by 7 minutes of fucking, make for a quality sex life, then natural family planning isn’t for you.

According to my five sisters, my mom told them that she only turned my dad down three times. Yes, they procreated eight times, but they had a lot of sex!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Good one, even if a little out of the usual LW norm. I enjoyed it.

premshankerpremshankerover 4 years ago
Confusion

Mark recognized Kat in 'porn' movie (POV) yet no reference to that

Was it real 'Kat' or Mark's imagination ????

Clueless end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Religion

Religion was the answer not cause of her issue. Many scriptures are miss interpreted and a few zealots are the cause of strife. Many social and cultural ideas are man made not Godly inspired. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I know it was a bit of a throw away line, but there’s also very little in the Bible about abortion, either. There, the spirit is associated with breath and enters the body after birth. Opposition to abortion is instead part of the same religious tradition that insists sex is only for procreation, not recreation.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Just nice to see a story where things that started out wrong, ended up going right...

...and the couple could move on to enjoy a long, happy partnership.

I also enjoyed the setup, where you opened the story with a death-knell so we all could expect the worst, but you deftly changed it so that it not only stayed in keeping with the story, but became the turning point that took them out of the darkness.

The only thing that felt unrealistic to me was her sudden, complete and unrestrained 180 in her attitude, but given the unhealthy degree in which many people commit themselves to religious doctrine, I suppose it's possible that having the correction in her perceptions come from the very source that she so heavily believed in, that she could throw off the mantle of long-held, repressive beliefs.

I just find it unlikely that entrenched feelings could dissipate almost instantly.

Outside of this story, the interesting thing is that there is a real, established and demonstrable link between suppression and more importantly, the associated guilt, with the formation of perversions in people's minds, when their desires become too great to be denied.

Especially when people in authority, specifically those people who are meant to represent one's spiritual salvation, are the ones who are denouncing the thoughts and desires of impressionable people.

Nobody wins in that scenario.

In your story, though, everyone was a winner, and I thank you for it, and suspend disbelief in preference to embracing an actual feel-good story... in Loving Wives, no less.

For that, please accept my 5 stars, in gratitude.

And ignore any negative feedback. You can't avoid that here in LW, no matter what story you come up with.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Interesting take on "we need to talk"

Didn't expect it. Not bad.

Hooked

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 4 years ago
Bible study

Headline: Husband and wife use religion to justify fucking.

Now I've heard everything. Your story is well written and seems plausible to me, but then I'm an anti-religion bigot, so what do I know? What seems implausible is the quick turnaround. What I THINK I know is that the real weakness of religion is the practitioners. Many Christian friends have told me that their faith helps them- is a comfort and source of strength to them. A cynic might call that a crutch, but I recognize that in no way makes it a bad thing. Many of us do need crutches. We wouldn't deny a paraplegic a wheelchair. Religion attempts to remedy a sort of intellectual impairment, or an absence of knowledge.

The couple in this story did have a kind of come-to-Jesus moment regarding sex in their marriage but I'm struck by the unnecessary nature of what transpired to make it happen. I'm also struck once more by how Jesus' message of love for one another has come to be so warped and twisted into a justification of anger, intolerance and denial.

The pair portrayed in your story are alien to me although they are surely not unusual. Their behavior here rings true to me. However their thought processes and conclusions are theological rather than philosophical and I shudder to think that people allow myth to replace critical thinking in their lives to this extent. There is a place for both.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
A different and unusual story

Took some old tropes and themes and remade them into something entirely different.

gordo12gordo12over 4 years ago

I have to ask myself, "What are the odds?" I'm writing a story about a religious couple and used the same "to stop depriving each other of sexual relations, except by mutual agreement and only for a brief time" verse in Corinthians. Plus a bit more. Only 48 hours ago! Unbelievable! Drastically different plot though.

Good story though full marks! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A story about the real life me

I mean wtf my wife was exactly like the woman in this story. Last time I told her its up to you. You have one year to make me feel like you truly want me. She has been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@premshanker

The author made it clear that the porn star was not his Kat;

"The porn star's voice was nothing like Kat's........."

"She was shaved bare in her nether region -- unlike Kat, who keeps a neatly trimmed bush. "

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Eh, \

decade old cold fish dont turn into expert cock suckers ready to take it up the ass becuase of a one hour weekday bible class

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The priest was fucking Kat fro months, mon!!!

And now Kat had the permission to give hubby a mercy fuck from time to time.

Soon he will enjoy sloppys and creampies, then comes the cage and jizz from the tap!

Cheers and amen, mon

Ray RobertsRay Robertsover 4 years ago
Religion mostly hinders sex and the story lacks edvidence to back-up the facts.

This story started off with some hope but finished with a really soft climax. My experience shows that once religion becomes an overriding factor in a couples life sex takes a downwards turn.

AverageBearAverageBearover 4 years agoAuthor

AUTHOR'S NOTE: My thanks to so many for your comments on my story, both pro and con. Two points of clarification:

1. My apologies to @premshanker and any others who were confused as to whether Kat and the porn actress were the same person. They were not. The distinct differences in their voices was intended to show that. Mark stated that the actress reminded him of Kat, not that he thought it was her. He later wondered whether she had seen the video (e.g., by browsing his web history), not whether she had been in it.

2. I didn't intend to bash Catholicism with this story. I used an outdated or at least fringe version of Catholic views on sexuality, as @rockyderek_ca rightly observed. I used it as a means to explain Kat's repressed views. There could be many other (including non-religious) drivers to explain her (or anyone's) repression, and in retrospect I wish I had chosen a different one. The real theme of the story is that an enlightened Christian view of sex in marriage needs to be taught in the church and could do a world of good.

Warm regards,

AverageBear

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 4 years ago
Excellent Story

This is a very realistic situation - one of my friends married a former catholic girl who thought sex was just for making babies and was otherwise a nuisance. This went on for years - the wife wasn't as callous as this one but th couple had long dry spells that were very difficult for the husband. She went to a women's retreat sponsored by their church and the lead speaker explained the biblical principles of sex and marriage and the light went on for her just like the wife in the story. My friend didn't stop smiling afterwards - their whole relationship turned around.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Interesting story

The wife is kind of an extreme example but the Catholic Church has had a really,really wacked out view of sex for most of it's history.Paul advises people to abstain from sex and says basically get married if you must have sex.Augustine rails against sex, and the whole being ashamed of our bodies/having sex with.the lights out can be traced back to the early Church which was heavily influenced by Greek ideas of the spirit being pure and body dirty. And yes the church for many,many centuries had the idea that sex was about procreation, that that its ultimate purpose. The whole teaching about Birth control is tied to that as well,birth control in their minds not only denies them more Catholics (ever notice when religious groups are talked about,they mention numbers? Numbers=power),but also makes sex too easy,allows it to be about 'lust'. It wasn't until the 1970s that the Vatican finally issued guidelines that sex was important to the strength of the marriage,that it wasn't just procreation (their words say that outright). It wasn't all that long ago that priests used to counsel married couples beyond child rearing years that they should think of abstaining from sex,it was quite common.

Like most things with the church often local priests and churches didn't see eye to eye with the Vatican or US Bishops.My spouse went to a Catholic High school that had comprehensive sex ed back in the late 70s,the full deal,the Capuchins running it were free thinkers.That changed after she left when the Polish asshole became Pope and he and the fascist goons he appointed took over and set the church backwards;my spouse's old school had to adopt the abstinence only/anti sex attitudes of the church and despite the churches own statement on sex in marriage, strongly taught that sex's primary purpose was procreation.(not a big surprise that many of JP IIs minions were tied up so heavily in the abuse scandals)

A lot of priests aren't idiots and they are kind of like the priest in this story, they.think the Vatican is stupid about these things,and 80% of Catholics reject the ideas of the regressionary Bishops and most realize that the contraception ban is church teaching with no basis in scripture (Onan was Hebrew scripture,not NT,and dealt with disobeying God,not birth control).NFP can work,but it requires a lot more discipline than birth control and bc of complexity of needing to chart and measure things, means that it can have a high failure rate.

If the wife was of an immigrant family and they had a hard line priest, then she could hav attitudes like this, though I doubt very much she would go from being for procreation only to giving blow jobs and anal sex (both are forbidden under Catholic teaching,only sex that has the potential to create life is allowed ie vaginal sex). I only wish more priests were like the guy who married my cousin, who said the Pope saying a husband shouldn't look at his wife with lust is a man reading there is steak on the menu and telling those with him to eat the menu.

I commend the author for a different take on things,very different kind of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very original and well done.

Hope they treat all religious dogma with equal reality and humanity. If it ain't natural, it ain't God.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Why the tag "cheating" Is added when nobody Is cheating.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Fantastic!

Great insight, should be required reading for all Christian brides in pre cana.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 4 years ago
A Miracle!

This is all a bit too miraculous. The common problem is ignorance and fear and it takes patience and understanding to overcome it. Nevertheless, I think it was good you tackled at least one version of the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Really well constructed, storyline was believable and dialogue felt real. Gave it a five

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Insight!

Certainly not a cheating nor BTB story but much closer to a love story but importantly what some love stories might have but with one or the other of the pair never received an education of the part that sex has in a marriage. This was well-written with the opening of expecting the worse but then education raises its head.

Two points, however, if she is Polish, 98% chance she is Catholic so the pastor is a priest, and if a good one, has no family beyond parents and siblings. Also, "kochanie" has more of a meaning of lover and not baby.

T.T.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Nicely written story

Fear and ignorance cause many problems for couples. In this case he really could not have done anything without becoming a Biblical scholar. I would try to talk to a Jesuit.

There certainly not enough Margueritas out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story!

Excellent use of spiritual doctrine! This is something that ALL people, Christians especially, need to know. “The wedding bed is undefiled” that’s scripture. So ladies and gentlemen: God wants you to bang the HELL out of your husband or wife! 😂😂😂. Stop withholding sex from your other half! Your bodies belong to each other. Great lesson on biblical sexuality and excellent understanding of spiritual doctrine. Notice I didn’t say “religious” it was religion that had the wife’s head all messed up in the first place.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Sweet Story

Nice change of pace for LW. But I thank myself (can't be god right) that I'm an atheist.

And I'm thankful that my wife has enough sense to be one as well. I couldn't put up with all the nonsense in this story.

Man, all the hangups in trying to follow what uneducated men wrote thousands of years ago.

Enjoyed the story up to the restaurant more. It was obvious where it was heading after that, so just skimmed it. Although, can one turn from a lifetime of being a prude, to a sexual animal overnight? Still, liked it within its context. Sort of like enjoying watching a documentary on how animals behave. Ones that I totally cannot directly relate to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
1 star

They need to get a life. He needs to fuck Mary and she needs to fuck Pastor Rick; and they both need to stop determining their sex life on a book of fiction.

maninconnmaninconnover 4 years ago
Awesome story!!

6 stars! Oh my, where is that button?!

Great idea, well written, you don’t need an editor (or your current editor did a fine job), believable dialog, and no Navy Seals were injured. Kay is a true loving wife, and send Margaret on a cruise for her birthday, ‘cause dayum!

Don’t you dare write a sequel, but please write more stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story!

This is Proverbs 5 through and through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful

Great story about misconceptions about sex and about redemption. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
IF YOU THINK PAUL'S GOSPEL WAS REVEALING.....

You should read the book "Song of Songs" in the old testament. It's almost pornography with its presentations of sex acts engaged in by a loving couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story!

It should be sent anonymously to a LOT of people. Or read aloud in churches. Or handed to your spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So she went from a frigid witch for over a decade

who literally hated sex and laid their like a dead fish to a chrome removal cock sucking anal slut?

after one conversation, where'd she learn ll her new moves?

nestorb30nestorb30about 4 years ago

Bullshit, no love or affrom your shrew of a wife for months at a time, and you still love her? What exactly are you loving? Time to move on long before the conclusion of this tale

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 4 years ago
Regardless of her background.....

Sha had no consideration for her husbands physical nor emotional needs.

She is a harridan and can't blame that on the pope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This belongs on literotica.com

It was a pure fantasy that has zero chance of happening in real life. But a fun read nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bullshit

What a waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What?!!! Had to quit reading. What a wimp

Go that long?

No way

Find out reason why or else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good fun read. Enjoyed it. I don't see how you can get negative comments for pure fantasy. Too many people on this website are stupid enough to think these stories are real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why did not partially understand problem when she made marriage first. And then after marriage seek counseling

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. Still stands up as very good story.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Wonderful tale of a loving couple who found out what martial sex is suppose to be. Well done 5+ stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Should be 5 star plus! Brilliant tale. That's how real sex and love should be for a married couple. Margaret has the reality spot on.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

BS. Pornography for bible belt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 Stars as She had probably cheated on him . He has to watch porn because his wife refuses to have sex with him . She basically calls him an animal who cannot control his urges . While she goes for months without sex . Yes she is a saint ,, Not

Q1000Q1000about 1 year ago

Very good storytelling!

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Interesting spin.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Couldn't finish page one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Loved that this was within the marriage for once. A refreshing and true look at a proper marriage. Sexy and fun! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

boring crap. lots of religious bullshit. americans are fucked in the head.

SatyrDickSatyrDick8 months ago

[12.09.23]

Excellent exploration of the stifling power of religion and restoration of a happy couple.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Do not understand how some commenters miss thr point of the story. It is clear she never remotely cheated. The problem was her misunderstanding her faith. But yes him being sexless with his wife for 10 years seems beyond unrealistic in the modern world. Oh well it is fiction.

Pinto931Pinto9316 months ago

Good reasons not to let god bothers into your life. They mess it up.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

We all need a wake up call at times!

4

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fairly well written but I don't like a cup of religion with my porn thank you.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

A little bit too "ecumenical", but it's good to see a couple find each other after a misunderstanding of the nature of a loving relationship.

5***** for this one.

Schwanze1Schwanze16 months ago

Pretty funny how the various points of view don’t allow some of the commenters to grok the whole story.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

I'm giving it 3.5 stars (extra .5 mostly because she wasn't cheating), but honestly, the fact that she was lying to him AND accusing him all this time (instead of honestly telling him the real reason) makes me far less interested in him reconciling with her nor trusting her (especially with his well being). ESPECIALLY given all the put-downs she said. The bible nowhere says "be an asshole bitch to your husband".

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Margaret or someone like her should be there speaking to every couple before they get married. And perhaps check up on them from time to time to ensure they've not forgotten the way of what marriage should be like.

It's concerning he put up with her shitty attitude for all those years and even more so the fact she wasn't truthful with him about why she behaved that way. So many wasted years. "You've been a fucking cold fish to me for 10 years because you got some bad religious lessons and you couldn't talk to me about it? Are you fucking kidding me you stupid woman!?" Yeah that's how a guy would react to that really. At least according to her behaviour she seems incapable of cheating, so that's a big plus in my book.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I admit I skimmed, but seems like a pretty fundamental personality change after what amounted to a pep talk.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAverageBear@AverageBear
I enjoy writing tales with memorable characters and a deeper meaning, so if you're just looking for a stroke story, you might look elsewhere. That said, you'll find some pretty hot sex in most of my stories. Reader emails and other forms of feedback are welcome! Best regards,...