Designed by Love

Story Info
Can the corporate world foster a love for all the ages?
20.1k words
4.72
5.2k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Iris, we are taking on a new client. It is Powell Financial Advisors. Mr. Powell will be here at 9:00 to discuss the breadth of the project. He will convey the style and look of the overall effect that he would like to see. He will discuss the locations of the offices and the flavor of the look for each location. He will leave his executive assistant to give us the dimensions of the spaces and the rooms, the number of people that each room will need to accommodate and the level of comfort desired at each level.

Iris, this is a project of massive scale, you will be overseeing a group of designers for each location. You will structure the groups and have final approval over the designs. I don't know how involved Mr. Powell will want to be at this level. Any time he wants to see designs, he is more than welcome. He has final approval over you. He is known to be a man with an even temperament who knows what he wants. He's a workaholic, so he will expect you to be one as well. You will be relieved of your other projects so you can concentrate solely on this one. Iris, you will be well compensated for this project."

I retreated to the women's executive restroom to check my appearance. I put my hair up into a chignon instead of the bun it had been in. My suit was a tan-taupe color of a short jacket and a pencil skirt that ended just above the knee. My blouse was a soft beige-peach color that barely showed beneath the jacket. But the color was complimentary to my fair complexion and pale blonde hair. My nails were always well manicured in a neutral/natural tone. If all he knew of my design capabilities was my appearance, then at least it was impeccable at this time.

I went to the conference room early and poured myself a glass of water. I preferred to take notes on paper rather than on a laptop. I felt the laptop was less intuitive for me. With the notepad, sometimes my notes became a diagram of ideas. Besides, my secretary would be taking shorthand. I saw my boss, Ed Harkin, talking to someone outside the conference room.

The man was handsome, really handsome. Mr. Powell was tan and stockier than I expected. He had a rugged handsomeness with dark hair, blue eyes and a great smile. The jovial banter disappeared before he walked into the conference room. His business face was back in place. Jack Powell, this is our best project manager, Iris Anderson. Jack, have a seat, would you like something to drink?

"Water is fine, thank you."

"Hello Iris. Let's not stand on formalities since we will be working together a lot."

"Powell Financial Advisors will be expanding our offices and moving into a more corporate arena. We have offices in New York, Glasgow, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. These headquarters will work with some of the most affluent businessmen in the world. I'm not looking to impress them with our affluence because that would be impossible. But I want to project the feeling of intelligence and trustworthiness.

Each headquarter should use local art and materials to reflect a knowledge and acceptance of the locale. But there also needs to be a signature look for each reception area in the lobby of the building. I'm fond of mahogany or a rosewood. I need some graphic designers to revamp the logo. I'm from Scotland, so my offices in Glasgow and New York should be fitted with its own bath, wardrobe and bedroom. It is not to be seen or noticeable in the main office. I often need to keep on top of stock markets around the world. If they are volatile, I spend the night. Those two offices should have subtle references to muted plaid.

The executives of each location should have access to a gym, a lounge and kitchen. Kitchenettes and coffee stations should of course be available to all the employees. Kimberly Roberts, my executive assistant has all the specs on the spaces.

"Jack, most of your correspondence will be with Iris. I am, of course, at your disposal. But it is Iris that will have what you need."

"Iris, I will need you to fly to each location to see the site and to get a feel for the materials, the art and the resources available. I will take you to Glasgow myself in my jet. You can stay at my manor and get a feel for the culture. It is the foundation that the company was built on. Your visit will also give us a chance to get to know one another. Our assistants can set up the details."

"Perfect."

"Have you ever been to Scotland?"

"No, I haven't. I hear it's beautiful."

"It is indeed."

"I look forward to it."

"So do I."

I started assigning project directors for each location. They were to start researching each location for culture, art, materials and resources. Each was to give me their reports in a week. I started my own research on Powell Financial Advisors. Jack had started his own company by the time he was twenty seven. Every three years he added a new location. I found it interesting that he didn't choose London as a location, but between Glasgow and Zurich, I suppose he had covered all his bases.

I looked over his existing logo. It wasn't bad, but with new offices and a new clientele it was time to update it. The existing photos on their website showed a conservative design style. With a wealthier clientele, the style would need to be upgraded. He mentioned culture and art several times in the meeting, but I saw no evidence of that in his existing offices. I felt that he was looking to refine the look and feel of his business. He had come to the right person. Art was one of my specialties.

Then, I researched the man. Born in Stirling, he attended business school in Glasgow and after graduation moved to New York City. His parents, Edward and Nora, were upper middle class. His father was an attorney and his mother was an artist. He had never married, but had dated two super models, an actress and an attorney. He had a brother, David, who was an attorney and a sister, Marie, who was a physician. Jack was the middle child.

Next, I researched his mother, the artist Nora Powell. She was an artist who had worked In clay and acrylic, but for the past thirty years worked in watercolor. Her work was amazing. We would definitely be including her paintings in his offices, if not some of the other offices as well.

At the end of the day, my assistant reported to me that Jack had set our flight to Glasgow for three weeks from the present and that we were to stay a week. That seemed like a long time to devote to one site, but maybe he was going to fill me in on the other locations during our stay as well. Regardless, he was the client and I would not be arguing.

By the time, I left work, I was somewhat up to speed on Jack Powell and his company. But I couldn't get the man out of my head. He was more charismatic than I expected him to be. He was forty and never married. I suppose to a man it is not relevant. They can marry and have families into their eighties. At thirty-four, I knew that I didn't have much time to find a partner if I wanted a family.

I contacted a graphic designer that I had worked with before and he was on his way to my office to confer me. Nathan was good and the meeting shouldn't take long. I showed him the existing logo and told him that it should look good on a corporate entrance wall, letterheads, website and business cards. It needed to be sleek and modern. He understood the task and would have various designs by the day I left for Glasgow. I told him to send me an e-mail with the designs. We were wrapping the meeting when Jack appeared in my doorway.

"Jack. May I introduce you to Nathan Williams. He is the graphic designer I have asked to work on the logo re-design."

"Hello Nathan. Am I interrupting?"

"No, we were actually done with our meeting. Nathan, I look forward to seeing your designs. Come in Jack. What can I do for you?"

Jack closed the door behind Nathan. "I was just wondering if you were free for lunch?"

"Of course. When?"

"Now."

"Um, sure. Just a second. Rose, push my meeting with Janice Wheeler until tomorrow."

"I'm all yours, Jack. What a welcome surprise."

"Thank you. I have a table at Jasper's. Is that alright?"

"Of course."

In his car, he inquired about my morning. I said it had been productive.

"Do you want a report?"

"No, I was merely exchanging a pleasantry."

"Oh. Sorry, how was your morning?"

He chuckled, "Not nearly as productive as yours I'll warrant."

"Are you perhaps teasing me?"

"Now you're catching on to this whole conversation thing."

"Well, I have had a few over the years."

At the curb of the restaurant, Jack offered a hand to help me out of the car.

We were seated immediately. I noticed he was in another open shirt and suit combination. I was in a peplum suit of grey with a lilac camisole underneath.

"You look lovely again."

"Thank you."

"Jack, is this a business lunch. I'm just curious."

"I will throw a little business into it if it would make you feel more comfortable."

"Is this a social lunch? I usually don't blur the lines of business with pleasure."

"I was hoping you would make an exception for me."

I laughed, "And why is that?"

"I'm not trying to sexually harass you, if that is what you think. I think you are beautiful and intelligent and I don't intend to let this interfere with that."

"If you wanted to pursue something, why didn't you wait until the job was done?

"The job is going to go on for a while. And then, I will find you another job. I'm not known for my patience."

"And for whatever reason that this won't work out, you won't be punitive against me or my firm?"

"Who says it's not going to work out?"

"Can you just slow down? I work methodically and think things through. I understand that in your profession, you may need to make snap judgments, but I don't."

"Alright. I'll try to slow down. Will you give it a chance?"

"I suppose. But the first time you try to use the business relationship to affect the personal relationship it's over. I will quit my job if I have to."

"Nobody is quitting their job. Do you think I don't know you will do a fantastic job. I've done my research. I have no doubts about your professional abilities. So can we use this lunch to try to get to know each other?"

"I suppose so. So, why me? I'm not a super model."

"No, but you could be. And you have done some research on me. I'm flattered."

"Do you mind if I have lunch? I have a very demanding client who will expect me to be able to present design ideas to him at the end of the week."

"Of course, let's look at the menus."

After I decided what to order, I waited for him decide. "I did research you. It's my job. I was wondering if you have a good relationship with your parents."

"Yes, my parents are great."

"Well, it turns out that you have a mother who is a fantastic artist. Maybe we could use some of her works, at least in your private offices."

"Great minds think alike. I had the same idea. You'll be able to ask her yourself when we're in Scotland."

"Will I be meeting Edward as well?"

"Why, yes."

"How about David and Marie?"

"Well, I really couldn't say. They have their own lives."

"Let me ask you another question."

"I'm all ears. Go ahead.'

"What about the sleeping arrangements on this trip?"

"Well, if you're really asking me to sleep with you alright, but I had planned on us each having our own bedroom. But, if you insist. You see. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a suspicious mind."

I laughed. "Very funny. Is there anything you want to discuss about the project or the trip?"

"Only that you should dress casual for the traveling, professional for the day and cocktail attire for at least one or two of the evenings."

"You know. There are cheaper ways to get a date. An escort service comes to mind."

"But then I wouldn't have a ridiculously intelligent woman sitting here mocking me."

"What? You haven't seen Pretty Woman?"

At that moment, the food arrived and we were forced into a truce.

"Do you have a favorite color, Jack?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Well, as much as this project is costing you, you might as well get what you want."

"Oh, I intend to."

"I'm leaving."

"I was joking. Sit back down or you'll ruin my reputation for being a charming womanizer."

"You do know I'm not going to sleep with you, don't you?"

"I'm partial to greens, but whatever looks the best is the way we'll go. I barely look up from my work."

"I think we can incorporate greens and still manage to make it look beautiful and impressive."

"I have complete faith in you. I wish you had the same in me."

"I will try, until you prove me wrong."

"I'll try to never to disappoint you."

"No. You don't get to try to make me feel guilty for self-preservation."

"Alright. Now, tell me about your family."

"My dad is Jim, an accountant. Mom is Eilean, a housewife. I younger sister, Liz, who is an office manager for a dentist office."

"I'm sure they are extremely proud of you."

"I suppose. Your parents are probably crazy over your success."

"Dad maybe. Mom would rather see me work less and start a family."

"Do you think you ever will?"

"Are you volunteering?"

"Can I get back to you on that?"

"Well, that sounds promising."

"Do you ever just have a meal where you are not bantering back and forth with someone?"

"Yes. All the time. They're boring. I like bantering with you."

"Happy to serve."

Before we left for Scotland, Jack and I went out six times. A few were dinners out, a few were to the theater and a few were home cooked meals at his condo. We always managed to have long conversations that were filled with laughter, intelligence and exchanges that helped us get to know each other better. I was secretly very attracted to Jack. I was learning to trust his word and his interest in me.

My location managers gave me their reports and I was going to read them on the flight to Scotland. I had a suitcase, garment bag and my briefcase. The driver took care of my bags. When I entered the cabin, Jack was already there. He was dressed in jeans and a button down shirt. He looked handsome as usual. I too had chosen jeans with a light blue silk blouse.

When I took my coat off, I could sense that Jack was looking me over. When I glanced up he was staring at my breasts. My suits somewhat camouflaged my large breasts. And he wasn't the first businessman to seem surprised when they saw me out of uniform.

"Good morning. You look beautiful."

"Good morning. You look good yourself."

I sat beside him, but across the small aisle.

"Have you had breakfast?"

"Not really. I'm fine."

"We'll get you something."

I was taking my tablet out to read the reports.

"So you're not going to talk to me?"

"I'm sorry. I just assumed we would both be working."

"Come, sit and have breakfast with me first."

I sat across from him and felt his gaze on me.

"You seem uncomfortable. I assure you that I will be the perfect gentleman. Nothing will happen that you don't want." He waved the flight attendant over and asked what they had for breakfast.

She handed us short menus.

I ordered a bagel and strawberries with whipped cream and a coffee. Jack ordered an omelet with toast and a juice and coffee.

"You don't eat much for breakfast?"

"No, not usually."

"It is a beautiful day for flying. But if you want to take a nap we can draw down shades for you."

"Thank you. I'm fine."

"Are you a nervous flyer?"

"A little bit."

"You'll be fine. It's a great plane and a great pilot."

The attendant asked us to put our seat belts on. Jack reached across to hold my hand and he held it until the plane ascended and leveled off.

I smiled at him and said, "Thank you. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I got to hold your hand."

I laughed. "Oh, you had an ulterior motive."

"No sweetheart. I actually wanted you to feel safe. The other part was just a bonus."

"Should we work a little bit?"

"Probably. I hear you have a bear of a client."

"I do. I have reports to read so I can discuss ideas with my teams and him."

"If all you are doing is reading, why don't you stretch out on the couch?"

"Really? I think I might. That's how I would be reading if I were at home."

I took my tablet to the couch, laid down and started reading my reports. I remember that I just closed my eyes for a second. When I opened my eyes, I found a blanket on me. I looked to my left and Jack was sprawled out on the adjacent couch. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

I was jostled awake by some turbulence. I looked at Jack as he was awakening.

"It's okay Iris. Just a little turbulence."

I was looking around to see if I could see anything, but of course we were up to high and Jack had pulled the shades surrounding me. Jack moved over to my couch to sit beside me and put his arm around me. It did help. I could feel his steady breathing and realize that he wasn't concerned in the least.

"You must have been tired. You went out like a light."

"I see that you did as well."

"I was just resting my eyes," he said trying to deny sleeping.

"You were out when I looked over. You must have been tired as well."

"Well, you see. There is this gorgeous vixen of a woman who has been occupying my dreams at night. And she keeps me up all night."

"No. I'm not even going to ask. I don't want to know."

"Are you sure?"

I laughed and he laughed with me.

"Because, I'll tell you."

"Don't want to know."

"Can't a well intentioned suitor get a break?"

"We are still determining if you are well intentioned or not."

"Why do you have to be so hard on me?"

"Why do you have to be so hard on me?"

We both laughed like teenagers who had said 'hard on'."

Our faces were really close together. Jack kissed me sweetly. We both paused. I reached out and kissed him sweetly again. And then we kissed more deeply. And it was wonderful.

"I've wanted to do that since I first met you."

"I've wanted to do that since our luncheon."

"So you are attracted to me?"

"I wouldn't be on this plane if I weren't. You crossed a line by inviting me onto your jet and into your home for a week. I decided to cross that line because of my attraction to you."

Handing me my tablet, Jack said, "Here, bring this." He picked up his own tablet and led me to the small bedroom at the back of the jet.

"Whoa, I'm attracted to you. I didn't say I was sleeping with you."

"You and your suspicious mind. I want to kiss you in private. And then we can relax and read our work reports. That's why we brought our tablets." Jack laid on the bed and beckoned me to join him.

He held me in the crook of his arm and kissed me. Our mouths supped on each other. Our tongues paried. I nibbled on his bottom lip. He groaned and pulled me closer. I ran my hand over his chest. And he ran his hand over my breast. I let out a moan. He leaned down to kiss my nipple through the silk of my shirt and the satin of my bra. I held my breath and he nibbled. I put my hand on the back of his neck to hold him to my breast.

"May I?" He asked as he started to unbutton my blouse.

"Only if I can do the same."

He stopped and allowed me access to his shirt buttons. And then, he continued unbuttoning mine. I stroked my hand over his pectoral muscle. He reached around to unhook my bra one handed. He pushed my bra up and stroked my breast. He used his thumb to trace around my aureola. I started to breathe deeper. He started to lower his lips. I stopped him and took my bra and blouse off.

"God, you're beautiful."

"Now you."

He removed his shirt. I kissed his chest and his nipple. He laid me back and did the same. He kissed my nipple, tongued it and then suckled it. I started to pant.

"Oh Jack."

He suckled harder and for longer. I was panting and moaning and couldn't stop myself from coming.