All Comments on 'Desperate Measures'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 268 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
THE "SEA" BREEZE IS VERY SOOTHING TO ONES SOUL

and even when the wind dies down its still good, TK U MLJ LV NV

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Excellent as usual

5*

He gave her the shovel and told her she was digging a hole. Even when she was at the deepest level, he offered her a way to climb out. She chose to keep digging.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is Wyldxard. Having a problem logging in from new device.

Thanks for the tale. No superheroes or super agents of either gender.

One very stupid woman though. 20 years (give or take), adamant no, firm statistics, acknowledgement Marcy has been divorced 4 times, so clearly is an example of them, divorce is brought up and she still wants to go through with it. Ah well.

Where did you find those stats btw? They didn't jive with my understanding of divorce rates in alternative marriages (poly/open/etc).

Regardless 5*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
The biggest problem with this story is . . .

. . . that we all knew what was going to happen from the moment that we were told that kids 14 and over could choose with which parent they’d prefer to live. But absolute points on the hair dresser Scientologist joke.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
nice

Would have been great with a little epilogue about Amanda beating that Marcy chick's sorry fucking ass or maybe Mr scientologist's wife tracks her down and beats a few shades of purple out of her.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I really enjoyed it, but it ended too soon! This one needed at least another few hundred words in an epilogue to cover the fallout after the divorce. I wanted to know what happened to Corwin and Seabra, as well as Amanda and Marcy.

gmann57gmann57over 5 years ago

Im so happy to see a story that a man acts like a man and not some sorry little bitch. Thank you and 5 stars

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

Nothing makes my blood boil like a good announced cheating story. This is one of the best.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This was a nice, old fashioned BtB story with nary

a pickaxe handle in sight. No children were harmed in the writing of this story and no fictitious characters died from AIDs. The Scientologist joke was a good one. I give it a solid five!

Maybe we should try writing stories where a married couple actually tries sex with others. We could try making it believable, maybe have a plot and even a likable hot wife. Imagine pulling something like that off. What LW needs is more hotwife and wife sharing stories... that have plots and are interesting. It could happen. I could also win a billion dollars tonight in the lottery.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 5 years ago
Randi Bonus Week!

Wow! A double Randi bonus week! And we get to see the lighter side as well. Life is good for those of us who enjoy quality writing. Thank you.

Hooked

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Remember this one.

Fun btb and Seabra was delicious.

I'm going back to read your previous release. I triggered hard when I read the rape and it ruined my viewpoint of the story.

I'll give it another go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
playing along

I liked the story but didn't think the playing along the night he moved out was either necessary or appropriate.

It was deception that wasn't necessary for the story. By him going and planning to leave with Se he was suggesting he was going along with her wishes and going to have relations that night with Sea. His wife had already said she was going out with Bill on Friday and despite her inviting Seabrook he could have said he was staying home while still planning to do the move while she was out.

Otherwise I liked it.

cpl8140cpl8140over 5 years ago
Humor

The comment about hair dressers and Scientologists was pretty funny. The names you came up with for the characters were sure different. Corwin and Seabra ? Just another 5* effort.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Good story.

A traditional theme, where a wife

chooses not to listen to her husband.

Ignores opinions that don't fit her wants.

A classic among selfish people.

I like traditions.

Family together on Christmas.

Special meals on special days.

Giving the finger to selfish people

(my tradition, wish more people

had it).

And my youngest tradition;

reading stories of good people

standing up to selfish people.

Cheating sluts (male or female)

shine brightest among

the latter ones.

Blackrandl's story fits

my new tradition perfectly.

Wonderful plot and writing.

My sincere thanks

to the lovely blackrandl

for giving us this story.

Top ratings from me.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Excellent story. 5-stars from me.

Not necessary or integral to story, but I’d like to know if Marcie had any repercussions from this. Did Amanda drop her as a friend? Did Corwin rape her behind a dumpster in a dark alley claiming,”If you’re going to fuck up my marriage I get to fuck you”? Did Amanda, realizing Marcie purposefully poisoned their marriage, run Marce down with her car?

Or was Marcie truly so minor a figure? She certainly is the catalyst that gets Amanda going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
surprised to see you use the technique of

NO I'm totally against this, for over two months, yet ok we'll try it just this once.

She is stupid for believing he had changed his POV, but it is still deceitful on his part.

OK YOU go out, Ill be here packing up and moving out. If she still goes, then she deserves it for ignoring his honest pleas. To give her the illusion of safety in finally coming around to her desires? It is just a little bit worse than giving her all the rope to hang herself. He finally gave her the CONFIDENCE to cheat with vindication in that all it took was the time she invested to wait for him to come around.

I suppose that since the divorce was inevitable, and the 2+ months has just worn him down to accepting the divorce. He stopped caring on how to prevent it or fix the marriage, and was ready to walk away. But my point here is that I'm surprised you took that route to finally give her the whammy wake up call. Even if it was effective, it still was dishonest. For me, it calls the rest of his moral high ground position into question. Like may be the problem was less about staunch monogamous ideology, and more about good old fashion communication. When the story highlights his relatively few attempts to sway her, and they don't work, and then he throws his hands up in the air like, what more could I have done? All the greater general effect of that becomes: everything! More, daily reminders of what is at stake are emphatically required. I feel like he could have done so much more. If the girls were mature enough to choose custodial parent, then they could have been a lot more involved in family discussions about marriage, fidelity, promises and commitment. Teaching the girls, could have reminded her of what Marcy helped convince her wasn't important?

BTW, I agree to the divorce here. Amanda, as written, wasn't worth it, we feel. The restated issue I have, is with him feeling like he did everything he possibly could have done BEFORE coming to the acceptance that the marriage HAD to be terminated.

He never achieved 100 percent blamlessness.

I haven't been reading here for a while, and that because this category has become stale and repetitive. I'm sure you enjoyed churning another one out, and actually that drive is sincerely appreciated. But this one just didn't click for me on my return here, and left me disappointed. Sorry. Not you, but me, this time. Still 4 stars and a thanks!

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Gotta love it...

... when the bitch burns herself. Thank you for a good tale of the idiocy of "open" marriages.

5/5

HikingThruHikingThruover 5 years ago
style trumps cliche

Good example of solid writing, thorough editing, and ample coverage where it's needed, and no unnecessary words wasted where it's not. Even a cliched theme can be well done and worth reading. I would have liked to have read she was served at work, and that she walked over to Marcy and slapped her silly, but that's me.

jasonnhjasonnhover 5 years ago

Really good. Straight forward divorce, some money manipulation (perhaps a little dubious), and lots of angst for the stupid, arrogant wife. Even when she is "on fire" she whines that he wasn't "open minded" enough, a clear indication that she isn't regretful at all about what she did, only the price she is paying. She still thinks she was right.

I'm sure some may not like getting the kids in the middle of it but he is pretty fair about it. Amanda convicts herself and the kids are old enough to make up their own minds. He even keeps open the door, repeatedly, to their relationship with their mother.

Having "Sea" waiting in the wings is great. It is also going to zing Amanda again because she pushed them together. Sea will also be a second Mom to the girls. That's going to hurt.

The interplay with "Mr. Bill" is hilarious. Hairdressers and Scientology; too funny.

I would have liked to see Marcy get a little payback as well but it's not a perfect world.

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
One demerit

4 stars for the writing, which is up to standards; I usually like this author’s stories more, but this one fell into a genre I just can’t accept any more: the long term good marriage that suddenly has a wife ignore all the glaringly obvious warnings and goes ahead and wrecks things. It’s too bizarre and makes no sense, unless you accept that the spouse has suddenly lost their mind. It’s one thing to fall for a calculated seduction at work (moral from the LW category: NEVER let your wife go back to work after raising your kids!), but to just mindlessly blunder into an open marriage dragging an unwilling spouse along? That’s the definition of crazy. I know these stories are fiction, but I like them to be at least plausible.

Dunny69Dunny69over 5 years ago
God how good is it to not gave to dodge cuckold crap

I like this on it was refreshing to see something decent to read after all the chuck shit that's been plaguing this category of late. I would have like a bit of smelly stuff to land on Mr Bills head and a bit less rushed at the end. I also felt that with the apparent change of heart he displayed to his wife he set her up to fail, I would have thought better of him if he had merely said he wasn't going to do it and if she did it was over at the table during the fatal date. Good read though and glad he came out tops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

But how was her night with Bill? All that she dreamed (until she got home) or a complete disappointment?

Did Herb ever get a crack at her? Since his wife was clearly grooming her.

What about Corbin and Sea? After describing her so well, no sex for them except ‘off camera’?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty good

but too trite to be a "5". Wife's reactions and actions don't ring quite true, having been in a similar situation there is a lot more beating around the bush, even between couples long married. Usually some sneaking involved.

But, well written, even if the outcome was obvious before the end of the 1st couple of paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I agree with the other commenter who said the "playing along"

in the end was unnecessary. I saw no reason for it. She was going to go without him so he should have let her go and left while she was gone. The deception wasn't needed.

There also wasn't a lot of emotion. If my wife kept harping on something like that my gut would be twisted in knots and I would be trying my best to express my feelings to her.

I still liked the story though. Blackrandi always delivers a well written, well thought out story. Thank you.

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
Oh Randi -- you're so randy (ha, ha)

Loved it as usual; 5*; cheers, Amy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Morality tale

This story really followed a pretty predictable course.

The one thing that rang very true was the wife's insistence on following the lead of her friend rather than her husband. The friend is always right and the husband's input is always wrong. I've seen it more times than I can count.

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggover 5 years ago
Flaw

The flaw in this story is him letting the wife believe he was going along with the plan to have an open marriage. He should not have been making out with Sea if he really wanted to show a protest.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Good story

He did all he could to save his marriage without losing himself.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"I had no idea where that came from, girlfriends, women's magazines or some moronic TV show" - This is why I get mad at the wives who are afraid to do new things with hubby, maybe that she did with lover boy. "Oh, if I suggest them, he'll wonder where I got the idea." Here is a perfectly simple explanation!

"I've never cared if you danced with guys who asked me nicely and kept their hands where they belong." - Another favorite of mine! I've always believed that when a woman was with an escort (date/boyfriend/husband/whatever), that a GENTLEMAN who wishes to dance with her, asks her escort FIRST, and politely accepts a polite refusal, and a lady refuses a request that wasn't approved by her escort first. If she really wants to accept, then SHE asks her escort's permission. Anything else shows profound disrespect. As noted in the story, keeping hands where they belong is a given.

"I hear about it all the time." - She hears about it "all the time" from one person!

"I love you, but I'll rape you in the divorce!" Some love!

If I had a quibble it would be his seeming to play along. Let her go and just not be there when she gets back.

She really sealed her doom (if it wasn't already!) when she was STILL blaming him for not being "open-minded" enough!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Old Tale of Woe

This is another variation on the theme but not too large a variation. First, dancing with others is not a big deal with most people so the starting stage is not a "starting point" in her voyage to swapping. My wife and I have danced with others many times is social events although it was never "dirty dancing". Beyond that, there is little novelty in this story, in fact, just another blind wife. You've done much better in the past.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh no you didn't!

Pretty good story about pride and stubbornness. Or "she made her bed and now she can lie in it"? Hard to understand how someone, anyone, can be that stupid and that blind. But she paid a high price for her attitude. And in her chosen mindset, she ruined a lot of lives. Well written, as usual. Thanks for the effort and keep them coming.

5 stars

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
bread and butter plot nicely done 5*

too many lit authors try to be cutting edge and come up with stupid hair brained plots and revenge scenarios, many are ridiculous.

why not take a tried and trusted lw plot and put your own take on it? movie makers have done it for years, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians etc etc.

enjoyed this, 5*

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Sad tale of woe.

If only...oppps. Too late. Great story from a terrific author. *****

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Good shorty

sbrooks103x and Coffeemugg said it.

He said it himself, he doesn't kick stray dogs, she was that stray dog as soon as she got it into her head. I know she's being a complete stupid bitch, but even with his playing along her should have been 100% clear when he left. "You leave with me now without a backward glance to Mr Bill, or you come home to an empty house".

As for Mr Bill, who the hell was he, had she been seeing him before, why did he not have a broken hand? And finally, if it was known before that he was married, why was his wife not at the club?

And Marcy, where was she in all of this? A lot of these stories have you believe Americans can sue for alienation of affection, surly she would be a prime candidate at the very least to be cited in the divorce petition.

You want to chuck a grenade, let's get plenty of shrapnel.

Me, a vengeful bitch? Nahhhh, I'm all sweetness and light ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
When the irresistible force meets the immovable object

Unhappiness follows, at least in LW. Good retelling of an ubiquitous ME theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is the way BTB should be done.

There isn't a bunch of stupid STD, rape, drugs and killing the cheaters. He just staked out his position and she didn't listen. He set his life without her up and moved on. Very nicely handled. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I love all your stories

You write different kinds of LW stories, usually. I've given them all fives, but this one is more grass roots than your recent stories. The writing and characters are just as good, it's just more what I'm used to seeing in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
repost or plagiarism?

I have read this story before. Not sure if names are the same or not. Not worth my time to research this but i HAVE read this before. This is not new but is presented as new. Disappointing from a good author. Please explain.

Samson

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago

I think the husband could have done a lot more before the adultery took place to derail it in advance. He could have confronted Macy, taked to Amanda’s family and had them intervene, and gone to counseling. He did nothing. I feel he was more interested in having an excuse to dump Amanda and hook up with Seabra. He was through in taking all the cash in advance and burning all the bridges not that of a loving husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well done, . . .

and really enjoyed the principled discussion about why a successful open marriage is rare, and requires both spouses be very dedicated to the open swinging concept as a positive influence on their marriage. I still remember an interview with a wife who had just returned from two weeks in LA shooting porn movies to raise money for her husband's real estate development company. She was so nonchalant, it was like he used his body and tools in one way to make money, and she used her body and tools in an alternative way for the same purpose. Always wonder if the company and the marriage are still successful. Different strokes I guess.

I agree Corwin was needlessly deceitful when he appeared to agree to trying the open marriage experiment. Long before they got to the Bill date he should have involved her parents and their children in the discussion. Some women at 14 can be legally married, and are easily intellectually capable to discuss marriage vows, adultery, and overall family stability. If the entire family could not dissuade Amanda then he should have filed for divorce openly and honestly. Why not? That gives her the freedom to fuck around, and if they both want it later, they could remarry after she is done walking on the wild side. Of course by then he would be dating or married to Seabra, but he would also have demonstrated to Amanda and his children that he was open and honest. Of course Amanda would become aware that Corwin was dating Seabra, and if she continued fucking around anyway then she would have proven that the marriage relationship really didn't have any lingering value to her.

Thank you for an entertaining story that has the bad actors getting what they deserve, and the good people carrying on and finding happiness.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
What an asshole.

Men like that aren’t real men. They are just egomaniacs. The deceipt was stupid on his part and ended up making him the bad guy. It was collusion and entrapment at its finest.

I hope he has a life a misery for what he did to his family. Yes she was stupid but he allowed his family to be destroyed. That is not a man. A real man would do anything he can do to protect his family and keep is children from harm. But not this guy. Oh no. He pretends to go along, entrapping his wife into something she never would have done. She clearly understood the consequences and while she wasn’t necessarily happy wasn’t going along until he lied.

His lies and deceit makes him the bad guy and relieves her of all the guilt of the break up.

Again. What an asshole and a real asswipe to boot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm surprised

Excelent BTB from an unlikely author.

I find there is a cult of BTB's followers, mainly from guys who think they were wronged in a divorce process.

I don't know anything about blackrandl1958, but trying to "Sherlock it", I'd state as it follows: (I just might be downright wrong in everything)

The author is a colored lady, born in 1958 (60 years old), and has a degree in literature or a related line. Probably worked for many years in something different from her calling, (May be teaching) and is currently retired.

Probably she had writing talent and never used it to make a living, and when she found this environment she loved it and made it her own.

Wether or not I'm right, I have to say she's got talent and it shows here. Her writings are first quality, and she has made my life a little more interesting.

Thank you for writing here, blackrandl1958.

And Keep up the good work.

P.S. And don't make me start talking about all the great guys she has made contribute more to this place

Frank.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
A common theme but...

blackrandI1958's writing made it well worth the read. Thanks for another great story. I haven't been giving out many 5's lately but it's always a pleasure as it is in this case.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
@Samson

My apologies for the confusion. I have explained a dozen times that I am reposting stories I took down in 2016. I had supposed everyone knew, by now. There is no way to do that without posting them as new stories.

@timriv and Mdallas: In all the comments you make, I have yet to see you ask, "What should the cheater have done to save the marriage?" Until you ask that question, I have zero interest in your opinion. Mdallas, keep it civil. I'm a grown-ass woman, and I'm not here for anyone's bullshit. I have no hesitation and no compunction about deleting rudeness.

@wyldecard: My statistics come from the CDC. They keep statistics, though they are somewhat unreliable, due to the self-reporting aspect. Most studies are anecdotal or have the fatal flaw of including poly relationships, which are not "open," with "open" marriages. Poly relationships are quite stable and have about the same divorce rate as monogamous relationships: about 42 percent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Try Again

Blackrandi is one of my favorite authors on this site. Her imagination is really a big reason as she can make totally unlikely situations seem real. I usually give her a 5 on her stories, but this time I could not go above a 4. I can not fathom how a woman can have a long term loving relationship with her husband and not know how he would react to her plan to cuckold him. Then she continues to push him and expect him to accept it.

The end I think was very realistic and easy to anticipate. Amanda"s foolish and arrogant effort to force him to participate had exactly the expected ending, but made her really appear stupid when nothing in her stated past indicated that she was that dumb.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 5 years ago
As others

have said there is a definite deja vue feeling here where, in a rather formulaic sequence we get:

i) Apparently all ok with marriage, the husband is gliding along much like a chimpanzee in a glider.

ii) Suddenly wife presses him to do all sorts of naughty stuff but he says no to that and insists he won't be drawn, (hangs onto glider controls only to find they have no power).

iii) Wife goes ahead and does it anyway.

iv) Husband does all sorts of clever financial things leaving the wife working in a vacuum, this time he gets the whole approval of the kids. He disappears and wife makes the statutory 100 calls to get him back.

v) He's free now and guess what a fine woman appears at just the right moment and he is happily remarried while ex-wife is lonesome and blue.

There seems so much wrong with the characterisation (but, as I said in a comment in another similar tale, I've obviously led a sheltered life).. First despite reading all the manuals in Literotica about how to cuckold your husband (by Policywank etc etc), in real life the wife would soon realise that husband wasn't going to play this game. So she does what she wants to do secretly! Well fancy that! She isn't obliged to proclaim her adultery like an advertisement carrying board guy. She exercises discretion. She does the cheating thing without the megaphone broadcasting of her antics thing.

I guess there are others who know more about what a court would do to the husband in a no fault US state -- but I doubt if it would end well. Yes things are unfair. I very much doubt if all those clever financial measures would end well for him.

But this author writes with good conversation flow -- even if I doubt whether they would go that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
by Mbgdallas:

You are right - real men aren't so tolerant and forgiving of aberrant behavior - they divorce at the first sign of terminal stupidity such as hers and never look back. They get the court to require a court officer to be present any time she has contact with the kids. One truism: you can't fix stupid. Wonderful that he managed to get the girls removed from her influence, otherwise she might have infected them with her/Marcy's lack of morals.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 5 years ago
Comments?

Some of these comments are completely asinine. They actually blame the husband for not putting up with his wife's selfish bull shit. He patiently tried to get her to understand the consequences of her actions. She refused to listen. He did what he had to do. If the candy asses who read this story don't like it, too fucking bad.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 5 years ago
Nice tale. Thanks, blackrandl!

And congratulations to HDK on his upcoming windfall.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
Are you out of your mind

Mbgdallas? The wife violates every vow she took, threatened her husband to make him do what SHE wanted and the girls were hurt because of their mother's selfishness. So how is this the husband's fault. He's supposed to roll over, give his wife his blessing to be a slut and hope she doesn't bring home an STD, If you truly believe the bile you're spouting I'm glad I don't know you.

Randi, sorry but stupidity is a pet peeve of mine. Liked your story. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
For the Samsonite.

Dude, you answered your own question in your intro. "Repost or plagiarism"? You are disappointed because Randi reposts a story, or are you disappointed that this is not plagiarism. By definition, plagiarism is using another's ideas and claiming them as your own. Reposting a story is not plagiarism. You obviously knew that was a very distinct possibility, yet you tossed out the nasty P word. Not cool. Was that comment your own? It looked very familiar to me. I do hope you didn't steal the idea.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Mgbdallas

He didn't "entrap" her! She was going to do it even if he didn't pretend to be going along. I personally agree that he should have simply said, "If you go, I won't be here when you get back," but she was going regardless.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 5 years ago
Hey Dallas, you need to read the story in black and white

Not the voices in your head.

The dad here did everything he could to stop the train wreck- short of handcuffs there was no stopping the slut.

His planning was to survive the coming wreck.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Another first rate, 5* story

It takes a theme that is old, as old as the institute of marriage, that is, and gives it an interesting new, modern twist.

It was very well written.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 5 years ago
Unusual people doing unusual things.

A normal husband would have confronted good old Bill and told him to fuck off and leave his wife alone. (But then there would not have been much of a story.)

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

There is altogether too much nonsense posted on this site about open marriages and so it was great to read a story where so much truth is told about the subject.

You had a problem with Amanda, though. I kept wondering why a woman who had such a genuine love for her husband, her daughters and her marriage could persist with her crazy idea to the point of threatening her husband. The conflict between evil bitch and loving wife was too much, even for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re: Repost or plagarism

I understand that Blackrandl had her own reasons for pulling all her old stories a year or so back so it great to seeing her reposting some of them here again along with a few new ones.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
I think...

The husband gave her more than enough chance to correct her mistake. I don't see anyone but her in the wrong. Great Story!

Thank You

jneric2691

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
I disagree with the previous comment

Husband consistently told the wife he would not put up with it and she fixated and would not give up. In that context the wife was credibly written. Five star story from BR.

oshawoshawover 5 years ago

Enjoyed your story (as always)

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Husband did it right

He stated his thoughts clearly. She like most women, believed her friend and her own stupidity. Defon 5 self destruct. He was nicer than I would of been. Vows are vows, live with them or get the end result. Any other opinion on this is wrong. Good job and great story. 5.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
The husband is the bad guy? WHAT!?

3 out of 5 commenters blame the husband for the failure of the marriage. What story are they reading? They say that he didn't do enough to stop this train wreck. Amanda already told him that this was happening with him or without him. Come on people. She is no doubt suffering from temporary insanity. He gave her every opportunity to change course. She refused, so he helped her go where she wanted to go. Since when is he supposed to forego his own self respect in order to keep a family together with a cheating slut? A 4 Star Rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re What an asshole

What an asshole comment. Mbgdallas obviously wouldn't know the mark of a real man if one was to punch him/she/it in the face. A real man takes care of his family first. Pronto! That was what he did. He took care of his innocent girls, robbed of their family and home by a selfish, ignorant slut of a mother. And egomaniac? Do you even read English? The slut was the only egomanic in this story. She had every opportunity to protect her kids future and quite literally didn't give one fuck for them.

Another excellent job, Randi. I wasn't keen on Corwin's deception towards the end but you totally got the mindset of the strong, principled, man's man without the need of proving it with an OTT BTB.

Great work. 5*

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I got a kick of how you slipped the inter-racial aspect in at the end

Doing it earlier might have colored (no pun intended) perceptions. Doing it when you did felt appropriate.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
@MBGDallas

Sweetie had ALREADY set up the ‘double date’ by lying to Sea. How can that be entrapment? Hubby had been consistent in his vigorous opposition for MONTHS.

It is a great read. Hard to believe a person married for so long can misunderstand a spouse so thoroughly, especially when that position has been strong and consistent. IMHO, the whole marriage was suspect when Sweetie re-introduced her feelers the first time!

Nice job, BRandl.

EZ 5*

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 5 years ago
The real asshole here is mgbdallas

Are you like a fucking retard? Do you even know what entrapment is? The only person who could be this stupid would be a trump supporter.

What is particularly sad in your idiotic feedback is that the actual crime or act the wife threaten ... you never actually mention. Threatening to take away the girls threatening to blackmail the husband And threatening to clean him out in the divorce is far more than just an argument over a lifestyle change.

If she had not done that maybe you can make a case that the husband was overreacting.

Do you are a serious fucking idiot

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Wow

Great story, just what we need about a man who refuses to be a cuckold. I really can't understand all the animus against the husband. He tried everything he could to convince her that he wasn't ok with her plan. Friend Marcy had her convinced and she wouldn't be deterred. The girls hearing the threats sealed it for him. He just have her enough rope to hang herself. He didn't push her, he didn't encourage her, he just got tired of fighting her. He made the right decision to cut her loose to live her dream. I loved your stats on swinging and open marriages not ending well. I'm fairly worldly, and I've never even known anyone in the "Lifestyle". Those folks must hide it very well, guess they are really ashamed of their "Lifestyle". I'm surprised Joe hasn't popped up to dispute your findings yet. But it's early. Thanks for another great story, added immediately to my favorites.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 5 years ago
A top 10 loving wife story...absolutely spectacular

This is not a regular BTB story. There are several aspects to this story which I think many people are looking which makes it much better than actually seems at 1st glance.

To begin with the wife is not a typical idiot wife from the planet moron. There are so many stories where the wife simply decides to do something completely out of character and with no explanation whatsoever. And any attempted to use reason on the wife falls apart . We have all seen me stories Many have commented many times about how ridiculous and shallow and superficial these supposedly loving wives actually are.

But in this story the husband sees what's happening and slowly deduces there's an important change going on in his wife. He shows her facts and Statistics and evidence about the so called wonders of the open marriage idea. This is critically important to the story because it shows that the wife has a serious issue with reality sort of like most trump supporters. Reality and facts mean nothing to the wife because of her obsession. I find this development That is her refusal to accept the data to be quite realistic and enhanced her character.

The other thing that makes the story very good is that there's an actual conversation going on between the husband and the wife. When the husband makes a particular point he insist that his wife respond with something that is related to the question he asked.

In so many these really badly done LW stories the husband makes a point to ask a question and the wife's reply ly is a complete non sequitur The authors do this because if the wife were to respond to the husband's question directly it would ensure that the story had no place to go. This is one of the tactics used by really bad LW authors and incurably ruins the story because the reader constantly says why doesn't the husband press the issue? Why doesn't he ask her again? How can I accept that answer?

Here the husband shows her data and studies in a calm and rational way. Her refusal to accept that and to modify or changed her perspective on the greatness of open marriages shows a serious character flaw that the husband did not realize existed in his wife. And the character flaw became even more obvious when she started threatening him with divorce taking kids away and other actions.

I know the story just seems like a fairly typical LW story but the actual conversation and the way the plot develops makes it in my opinion quite exceptional and not common at all

A out fucking standing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Randi presents a great delimna here.

Yes, he ultimately sets her up to complete the cheating. He’s obviously no angel. But does it really make any difference? Throwing away 19 years of marriage, is no small act. But did she do it,did he do it or is there some joint responsibility here? This presents a morality play, with no clear cut party to clearly blame. She initiated it, but he ultimately allowed it.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 5 years ago
Great tight storyline, as usual

I love your stories. Always well told and real. Xoxoxo Annette

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
There

is my nomination for dumbest most confused about reality comment of the year. Well done MBG.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
what the hell is wrong with some of the commenters?

OF COURSE HE LED HER ON. He had literally moved out of the bedroom and almost stopped talking to her for 2 MONTHS and she was still bound and determined to go through with it. She threatened to wreck his life if he divorced her. At this point, either she gets a new attitude about the issue or he HAS TO divorce her because otherwise he will have to watch her like a hawk forever to make sure she's not getting some strange behind his back if he won't let her go willingly. So what does he do? He continues to buy time to get his affairs prepared for the probable split, and he arranges for one last go-no go moment for her. He doesn't tell her he's down, he lets her know that he still does not want to do this but acts like she's worn him down...so she has ZERO illusions that he now wants this. He acts angry and aggressive towards Bill the cultist...to further demonstrate that he does NOT want to be here doing this. He finally makes out with Sea for a bit...why? Because that might just be the trigger that gets wifey to see things from his perspective. I've been in the swinging scene before and a LOT of people THINK they want to do that until the minute they see their own partner cozying up to another member. This COULD have happened with his wife. He then gave her (though she hardly deserved it) one last chance to end this shit and leave with him, and she chose.....poorly. He did that shit for CLOSURE. He figured a divorce was coming but he had to KNOW that she was really going to go through with it and that it wasn't just talk, otherwise he'd always wonder if he jumped the gun and if he could have done something to fix the relationship instead of split. It was the final step he needed to be 100% sure that the problem really was unfixable, otherwise he spends how many more months sleeping in a different bedroom and wondering what she's up to when she's not home before resentment sets in for them both and they split because of that.

tizwickytizwickyover 5 years ago
Five Stars

Excellent twist on a recurring marital theme! Amanda’s character was truly detestable and her ‘friend” Marcy was a gigantic despicable POS. Great writing please keep them coming!

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 5 years ago
What a rip

Limited to giving only 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
to the comment below mine

He's not an asshole, but you suffer from poor reading comprehension.

He didn't 'entrap' her. She told him over and over again that she was going to cuck him REGARDLESS of how he felt. He only agreed to go on the date to make her placated, she'd have gone on a single date and not a double date eventually. She had a guy picked out already, and had probably already cheated, if you don't count emotional. She manipulated him over and over, and even threatened him with his family. So your 'real man protects his family' defense is bullshit. He did protect his family, she was the threat. If you didn't see that, than you need more therapy than she does.

Even after losing everything, she didn't bother to see things from his point of view. She only conceded that it upset him, and she didn't actually have the power she claimed to have. That's not remorse or growth, that's a beaten dog that's afraid of it's master's hand. He only MOVED on. He has a one-woman wife, his loving daughters, and his peace of mind. He fought for her, but she gave up on them. He did everything except tie her down and beat her into submission, but maybe that's what a pig like you wanted him to do. "real man" my ass. You're a coward. Your entire world view is to treat men like super intelligent responsible emotional rocks, and women like fragile and stupid children. Women are smart and capable you sexist pig. Take your fake sympathy and sit on it and spin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This was a real man!

He stuck to his guns and didn't take any shit off her. She couldn't have loved him and done what she did. She just wanted some strange cock and he knew it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wish I had been as strong

All the crap about 'strengthening marriage' and the like is very similar to what my ex tried with me. Only she eventually wore me down by alternating it with threats of divorce and taking my kids away, at which point I began my escape. My attorney informed me that I would be pretty much screwed over in court, and indeed I was.

To me this is a happy ending story that could only be better if it involved his (stbx) wife falling into a tank of hungry piranhas.

andyinozandyinozover 5 years ago
Great work

This is the first story of yours that I have read, despite hearing all the positives from your fellow writers with whom you collaborate. Really enjoyed it, and will probably have to read some of your earlier works.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Randi presents a great delimna here."

No, he didn't "set her up." She already had the night planned. He simply pretended to go along with it.

If I had my druthers, he would have stayed home, told her if she went he wouldn't be there when she got home, but it was QUITE obvious that she was going with or without him, no "set up" required.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@DominantYetServile22

Thanks! The idea of using the date to make her jealous hadn't occurred to me, although she was so sold on this idea that it just had the opposite affect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A normal man with morals and values. He dragged it along to set himself up and gave the dope every opportunity to see she was being really stupid about this. She was listening to a four time divorced slut. My only thing as a man I never would’ve been able to sit with him and not attack him. The audacity to think a husband would be ok with his wife dating another guy and letting him fuck her. He should’ve told her he has to bring his wife on the date

texaschucktexaschuckover 5 years ago

It's humorous that if you have a certain opinion, that you are tied to a political party. Do I believe the Corwin did wrong well no. He gave Amanda multiple upon multiple chances to step back from the abyss. But in her egocentric logic she deserved to do whatever she wished. But it came back to bite her didn't it. If he did anything wrong it was to give her overwhelming security. But in must cases that's not a bad thing. But as far as him entrapping her, you can beat a dog only so long before they either roll over or bite back. He just bit back in his own time. And it is kind of funny how Amanda's self-delusion blinded her to the fact that he might actually I have free will to follow his convictions. I wonder how many relationships have been compromised by false information given purposely or mistakenly. Personally mine ended due to ghosts of the past.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 5 years ago
Those who say that the hero should not have fake gone along miss the point

He had to try one more time. The living conditions were unacceptable so he had to have her fish or cut bait, and that was the only way to do it. During the evening he tried several times to get her to change her mind. He acted appropriately.

Good story! 5*

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
As Always, well done.

It is an old story with new clothes, but I read it from beginning to end. The wife sounded as is she was victim of a snake charmer.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
You Know

It seems that the spouse that is looking to have an open marriage is going to cheat one way or the other. Our hero knew and took appropriate action and came out ahead in the end.

Five Stars

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great

Great to have Randi reposting her earlier work. I have only been reading LW for about a year, so I missed a lot of her writing. I see references to stories that I can't find, so appreciate the reposting and the chance to read them. This story is my favorite, so far, BR1958 posting. Thank you for the stories, and your personal responses to my questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I seem to remember this being one of your old stories but it feels like you may have made a few minor changes. Either way, I enjoyed it. It's always a treat to see one of your stories pop up.

Thanks for sharing.

Cog

FD45FD45over 5 years ago
One line

'Beat it, Mutt!'

Sometimes it is the small things which make a story.

Perhaps this was more relatable because it was a male.

I met this artist named Rowena. Most of her art was naked or half naked chicks. I asked her why naked chicks?

'That is what sells.' She said. There is a lesson there.

She was a charming woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

As usual, a top notch tale from you, Randi. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for the heads.up in your intro

I am not a fan of revenge stories. So thanks for letting me know what this was. I was able to skip it and save time. Obviously you have fans since there are 96 comments as I write this and the few I read were positives. Different strokes for different folks. Best wishes

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Great story, excellent writing...

Very well done Randi, nicely written, thoughtful, so five stars from me. I found the husband to reasonable and more-than-willing to stick with the marriage IF the wife stopped with the ultimatums, threats, and, of course, her plans to cheat.

Thanks for posting.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Stupid

I don't believe that he admitted openly to hiding money. He didn't "weaponize" his children, he just let them hear what his wife was planning.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
*****

Queen of her castle. Always a pleasure to read her stories.

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
BTB? I Don't Think So.

This is one of the better LW stories. It finally deals with the reality that kids, depending on age and state of residency, have a say in parental custody. The custody threat was rebuked. Secondly, Corwin warned Amanda over an extended period what would happen if she implemented her plan. Thirdly, Corwin didn't do anything that any reasonable adult would do given the situation Amanda created i.e. protect himself using all legal means. By not divorcing her, Corwin forced her hand.

The results were disastrous to Amanda but completely legal and predictable.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
Good one...but sad!

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hysterical

Your sense of humor is.

Randi if you get bored writing I suggest comedy.

Your work has some great lines I haven’t heard before.

No matter the genre you always make me smile.

Cry some too..

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

well she did it to herself 5 stars

oldtwitoldtwitover 5 years ago
MMMMMMMM good but

MMMMMMMM this is a good story but this site is "literotica" so missed any good sex, characters were well described and it was a goodish story line, but no real sex..... sorry

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
Great story but

I didn’t care for the kids being dragged into it. I know it’s probably possible and it’s your poetic license. Good BTB story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Bebop

Your first page jazz quartet comment was the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Still on the first page, Timriv, you say the dumbest things.

Mdallas, you are one confused no logic goofball.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7428 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...