All Comments on 'Desperate Times'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
WillDevoWillDevoabout 4 years ago
Yeah. That was fun!

Great little short.

I wondered how long it'd be until a "current events" plot crossed by.

Your turns-of-phrase are quite entertaining, but there's more proofreading and edits needed. Still, a solid 5*.

Now, PLEASE: Go finish "One Look," dagnabbit!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 4 years agoAuthor
Glad you Enjoyed This

Being housebound, like so much of the world is right now, I'm writing a lot. And just to reassure those of you who asked, I am working on One Look Chapter 6, as well as a few others that need another chapter. So, hopefully soon I'll have submitted a few more follow-ups. Stay Well.

Cheers,

Smuttyandfun

kinkygeezerkinkygeezerabout 4 years ago
Great Read

Looking forward to the next part to see if they can make it as a couple.

racfguyracfguyalmost 4 years ago
A good story, BUT . . .

Kate is one screwed-up girl. She admits that she loves Daniel, and he loves her. She appears happy to see him.

Then, she's upset that he holds off on any intimacy & she gets herself off in the shower.

She rejects his proposal because: her father left her mother, her sibling is having a rough time in marriage, her friend(s) have married and divorced, therefore she won't make a commitment to Daniel.

Next, she agrees to a 'make-believe' 'trial' marriage during the quarantine and then screws him.

Get this chick into counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Nice Story

It was certainly short, and very sweet, and I for one am glad. Many studies have been done about the effects of mental torture on the human mind. And it isn’t pretty. So if I had had to endure one more page of the mental torture of the mind games Kate and Daniel were playing, I would have bailed on the story, without a doubt. It would have, of course, been my loss, but hey, maybe now the author will write a sequel. Please?

Definitely Five Stars.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

I would love to see more from this couple!!!

Stargazer5154Stargazer5154almost 2 years ago

Please more about this couple getting possibly together in a real marriage

Another 5 stars

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Something is wrong with Kate, she just feels off. Nobody should marry, or want to marry, someone THAT cynical. Nothing about fidelity in their vows.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too bad you didn’t choose to pursue a part 2. It would have been interesting to see if you kept her a psychotic bitch or turned her into something a little more human.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Since Katie was so screwed up they should have went for couples therapy. She is a sick bitch. Daniel needs someone better for his own sanity

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Kate sounds like a real bitch, especially how and why she declined his marriage proposal.

Daniel should not have bothered with her.....would be better if hus current girlfriend came to stay there too

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Didn't like Katie character

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It’s weird to see the hate for Kate and how she declined marriage due to her inability to imagine a long term successful marriage since she had zero role models for one. Seems perfectly reasonable to me and an opportunity to show her growth and learning relationship skills, something I was surprised to realize could be learned even when you didn’t have role models. Plus I feel like male characters with the same reasoning don’t receive such vehement hate, their fears and vulnerability are more welcomed and considered valid. Thought this story had promise to see how they would make this work, and it was interesting when Daniel was thinking even if he had to be with her without marriage he wasn’t going to lose her again. In any event there needs to be some conflict in the story and impediment to happiness. Usually I’m not a fan of couple gets back together stories but I felt the premise for a breakup was intriguing, like they belonged together but one of them was too worried about failing at marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...

story TAGS