All Comments on 'Devotia Ch. 13: Justification'

by MsAppropriately

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love it. I don't know if you're writing any more, but I want to thank you for creating this much. Reading Callie's journey and watching her grow is delightful, and the world you've created feels so big and full of potential. Also, a sex cult to a sun deity? Fun, and it sounds like something with historical precedence.

MsAppropriatelyMsAppropriatelyalmost 2 years agoAuthor

The historical precedence is exactly what I was going for, especially for trans women. There's a lot of really interesting stuff gender non-conformity in temple sexual worship throughout ancient cultures (I'm most familiar with Greece and West Asian types) but so often its treated as 'exotic' and fetishized. Part of the inspiration for Devotia is to demystify it by putting in a fairly traditional European-style fantasy world.

Thanks so much for reading, Devotia is so near and dear to my heart. Story isn't done yet, I have a couple chapters I've yet to publish, but I think it's going to be on the back-burner for a little bit as my motivation has been captured elsewhere. There will definitely be more, but I'm waiting for the right time to return to this work.

Sammantha_RabbitSammantha_Rabbitover 1 year ago

Your world building is exquisite and I really love the vulnerability in your characters. Not just in this story but all your stories, they are so multi layered each struggling and living. I'm eagerly awaiting to find our how the story progresses. I hope Junivere is at least a little weary of Silas, especially when there's parallels to how she previously stated he was sweet to her before he had her trapped requiring such desperate measures to escape.

MsAppropriatelyMsAppropriatelyover 1 year agoAuthor

That so sweet of you to say! Thank you so much for reading and commenting, it's really appreciated!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsAppropriately@MsAppropriately
Trans. Autistic. My kink is being praised for my work. Not sure if I write smut with a plot or plot with a smut. I also post on Scribblehub -> https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/93855/ms.appropriately/ And I have a Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/user?u=89119316

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES