All Comments on 'Disconnection'

by AlexRanger

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It was like watching a man's well-muscled arm reach out, grab a large, heavy hammer and deliver a massive strike. Unfortunately, we never get to see the results. How changed would your story be if, after the rest of the family departed, Mark says, "Well, that wasn't as bad as I feared, now we can move to Tahiti with a clean slate and a clear plate!" We can't judge if the cheaters are hurt, baffled, outraged, or just wondering where their waiter was.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is a decent story, but it flows awkwardly, and the reader takes a while to understand who all the players are. There are some incorrect or names in a few places, or maybe it's the sentence structure. In any event, the action, plot, and conflict are buried inside this confusing ball of twisting, turning intrigue and ennui. An editor is not really meant to catch mistakes as much as they are there to fine-tune the writer's vision of the story with the way it reads. Said another way, when writing, we "see" it all unfold in our minds as we write, but what we convey of that vision isn't always how it is read or perceived by the reader. That's why a complex story like this demands an editor. Most writers in LW wouldn't dare attempt to write this story. You need to rewrite it because this is a great idea. As it reads now, a 2, maybe a weak 3. It's got the DNA of a 5 in it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

In response to WhoGivesAShit: Mark is not the sperm donor for Paul and LIzzie. He is the sperm donor to Lucy and Lizzie. Lizzie with his wife (Sarah) and Lucy was the affair (with Sandra). Lucy is Paul's younger sister. So the timeline makes sense. The affair baby is Lucy (Mark and Sandra). Sandra is married to Jim. Paul is Jim's and Sandra's oldest.

I liked the story. Could have used a little description of the married couples at the beginning. I had to read it twice to understand that Jim and Sarah were (Mark's and Sandra's) spouses.

Callmetrinity64Callmetrinity6412 months ago

Great story. Would not mind a follow up piece

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I’m sorry, I had to quit reading after about half of the first page, my head was swimming I couldn’t tell who belonged to who, very confusing. I know you don’t have an editor, but try to spell out which characters are doing what, and maybe don’t introduce so many characters at one time, let us get use to who the characters are a couple at a time. Thanks KS

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yes, it was confusing at the beginning, but I loved the drama and power in the communication. There was nothing the cheaters could say. It would have added a bit if, like in a movie, we the audience would get more glimpses of the cheaters reactions to the ongoing dialog.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That was too much. Also, "their partners" is ambiguous and 95% of the readers understood it the other way.

NitpicNitpic11 months ago
Totaly

Totaly confused.This needs a rewrite

NitpicNitpic11 months ago
Totaly

Totaly confused.This story needs rewriting.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a bad story. But, confusing was which character was speaking and to who. The wives are named Sarah and Sandra - really. How about a bit more separation.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What sanctimonious twaddle.

It was perfectly understandable, right up to the point that we discovered brother and half sister were going to have a baby.

But this wasn't set in Alabama ...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I have always felt that I am a reasonably intelligent person, however after reading this story,I am totally confused.

You may wish to offer your skills to the US Congress to write bills.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Anonymous3 months ago

What sanctimonious twaddle.

It was perfectly understandable, right up to the point that we discovered brother and half sister were going to have a baby.

But this wasn't set in Alabama ...

...Kentucky...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Did they ever get to eat?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A story of back stabbing, deceit and betrayal but story is incomplete

Plus, everyone in this story is a bad, moral backstabbing betrayarer so I got nothing of this story

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino4 months ago

Too many characters introduced at the start to process properly, came across as a muddled mess!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you! I really enjoyed this! They got exactly what they deserved! I would love a sequel if you ever get the chance! :)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too damn confusing. The children seemed far too vindictive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Load of confusing twaddle. Read this 3 times and still don't know what's going on!!

desecrationdesecration28 days ago

The best burn: the narcs get tossed, and the real humans get on with life.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Weren’t the 3 kids all related? But 2 are getting married?

.

It was good…but the vehemence of hate from the kids didn’t seem plausible.

.

4 ****

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlexRanger@AlexRanger
Single but (unhappily) married. I've been reading for a while. Just started writing - lets see how it goes. I have stories in my head, but doubt I have the talent to bring them to life on paper.