Do You Love Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The air was crisp and calm, and the sun caught the frame of her face like an aura or halo as I gazed into her eyes and said my vows. When we kissed, she teased my lips with the tip of her tongue and all I wanted at that moment was to take her upstairs and consummate our marriage. That would have to wait, as our guests were waiting to congratulate us. The culmination was my daughter and her son giving us each a hug in turn and telling us that they were happy for us.

Later that night, my daughter pulled us to the side during the reception.

"Dad, I was called by a reporter for one of the gossip shows last week. They said they'd give me five thousand dollars to give them some pictures of the wedding."

Jenny laughed as I shook my head. Jenny said, "I hope you said yes?"

I was shocked and the look on my face must have said so.

"What?" Jenny asked. "I don't care, I think I look pretty damn good today. If Melody can make some good money for a couple of silly pictures, I'm all for it."

Melody smiled, and said, "I'm gonna donate it to the foundation." I hugged her and told her I loved her.

*****

Later, I sat at the head table and looked out at the crowd of friends and family on the dance floor. Jenny was dancing with her son and looked radiant. I sighed in contentment and realized; I didn't need money to be happy. I had happiness with Jenny and Melody. Add to that, Michael, and the rest of Jenny's family, and I had the recipe for the perfect life.

I thought about the prior two years and the roller coaster of going from being a suburban dad with a boring middle class life, to being a millionaire rock star again. I regretted for a moment all that happened, but I realized that the foundation benefited so much that no matter what happened to my piece of mind, it was worth it. I also realized that it wasn't luck, or a miracle, which kept me sober—it was me and my support base. After that, I never worried about staying sober again. In fact, I had a glass of Champagne at the wedding. Years later, I had another at the wedding of my daughter.

I finally felt in control.

*****

Ryan and Chris dropped the breach of contract suit when Alan's press barrage outlined all the things they'd done to make my life hell over the course of our reunion. People weren't happy when they found out that they tried to ruin my wedding by scheduling the talk show the day before, and then serving me lawsuit papers on the day. He wanted to go after them for everything we could get and not drop our suit. I told him to drop it. It was enough for me to just be out.

I never had a good relationship with them again. We spoke only when necessary, about band issues, and I continued to earn income off them using the band name, because they kept touring and making records. It made me smile every time I heard they were going on tour. It galled them that they had to pay me for doing nothing, and I smiled every time I got a check.

Sara met a good man shortly after my wedding and finally moved on. They never got married, but they were together and in love. That was all that mattered to them. I still saw the regret in her eyes when we were in the same room, but she never mentioned us being together again.

About a year after the wedding, I got a call from the FBI. It seemed that the scumbag who stole my money got sick and had to come back to the states to take advantage of some advanced medical facilities. He was surprised to wake up from his surgery handcuffed to the bed. It turned out that one of his nurses was a fan of mine and recognized his name. She didn't know if it was the same guy or not, but she called the police to let them figure it out. He was arrested, tried, and convicted. As part of his sentencing relief, I got what money of mine was left.

The last surprise I got was when Goblin Nob was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. From the gossip I heard, the label paid a large donation to the hall to make that happen. I laughed when the band's manager asked me to appear on stage with Ryan and Chris. I politely declined. I heard later that their performance was cut from the TV show's concert due to time constraints, but two of the Grunge bands that were inducted at the same time had their whole performances aired. Gotta love Grunge!

1...456789