All Comments on 'Doctor Who: Panic Moon Ch. 08'

by Kurokami

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
can't wait!

Who's the mystery man at the end of the chapter? The tap, tap, tap part makes me think it's The Master.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't see what happens next to Lady Christina. I hope you have that in the next chapter.

Also, I have a question: Why can't Sander just use his machine to save his wife if it can scoop anyone out of the time stream?

KurokamiKurokamiover 12 years agoAuthor
Hi, Anonymous

You need not worry, Christina will be back in the fold next chapter. I simply took a little time off from her to get some of the cast moving around to the right places.

As for your question, there's a reason why Sander can't use the Engine on his wife, and a reason why he shouldn't. He shouldn't because the Engine only takes people, it doesn't alter history. Even with Elsa there, nothing would change for him, and she'd be removed from his personal timeline, which would erase her from his memory ala Rory in season five.

He can't do it for the same reason he can't take Donna or River; they're linked to larger events (stopping Davros' Reality Bomb for Donna, take your pick for River) that wouldn't be able to heal around their absence. For Elsa, this is that Sander's depression and unwillingness to correct things on Vesperia turns him into a reviled, genocidal maniac in the eyes of history. If she were still alive, he might have taken steps to pevent that, given that he would have had something to fight for.

Does this answer your question? Actually, I can't believe I hadn't already answered it in the story itself!

Kurokami

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous