All Comments on 'Donna from Day Care Ch. 01'

by Boxlicker101

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
jzimmerlijzimmerliover 16 years ago
Great

I think it was great. I enjoy my stories to have a little plot behind them. I await the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good start

I think it was a good first chapter. You are doing a nice job with the character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Keep going

I totally agree with the previous reviews.

Keep going and let's see what happens with Donna and Kevin!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Please continue

I enjoy your writing, and will be looking for the continuance of this nice love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Loved it

This is the first story of yours that I've read and I love it. I love the character development and can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Really enjoyed it

Thank you. I thought this was a wonderful story about two nice people who had been through a lot before they met and now seemed to be looking forward to a happier life. Looking forward to the next chapter.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
like it

This is the first time reading one of your stories. I agree with everyone else this is a great story. Dont mind that theres no sex yet. I like a build up.

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Wonderful

This is exactly the type of story I love. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
sweet

love the awkwardness of their love . Leaves a door open for the rest of us dorks !

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LIKEABLE

What I like about this warm story is that it is not what other romance stories are, with one or both being agressive and confident, sometimes with an uncontrollable sexual desire between people who are beautiful, lithe or voluptuous, the woman being admired as the hottest when they go out. That kind of story can be intriguing and has its place in fantasy. But to be real, we mostly find such people in movies and TV. Most of us are probably more like Kevin and Donna, trying to feel their way through life, taking advantage of what ability they have (for example, accounting or childcare), even if it is not noteworthy to others. In addition, many have to struggle against obstacles, such as divorce and single parenthood, or sterility. The author has done a great job of depicting two such ordinary individuals, each with their own differing backgrounds, personalities and outlooks, who are thrown together by chance(?), and begin to uncertainly work their way toward each other.

I was somewhat put off by the bad portrayal of religion. I am from a fairly conservative Christian background (for example NO drinking alcohol, no premarital sex). But from our conservative viewpoint, I was taught that sex was given by God not only to produce but babies but also to produce enjoyment. A Scripture used to validate this, is Proverbs 5:18-19, which says, in part, "Rejoice in the wife of your youth...Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love" (ESV). It was pointed out that the kind of love that is to make you drunk is sexual, as denoted by delight in her breasts. "Wife of your youth" does not mean while she is young, but rather the one you had when you were young -- you have not traded her in for a newer model.

The Christian books on marriage and sex that I read, advised methods of birth control and family planning, rather than sex being only for making babies. Denial of sex to a partner was generally frowned on. Articles were written to promote sympathy for people who could not have children and to laud those who adopted or were foster parents.

While I recognize that religious people have done abhorrent things and had despicable attitudes, so have lawyers and doctors. Yet we recognize the validity of doctors and lawyers. Of course there are times, lawyers and doctors and religions deserve denouncing for certain actions and attitudes. The author's mention of religion may be in that light. I am just concerned that religion in general could be tarred with the same brush used on an aberrant exception.

Nevertheless, putting that aside, this story so far, easily rates 5 stars with me.

Looking forward to its completion.

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous