Don't!!!

Story Info
One word changes the lives of two people. Romance ensues.
13.9k words
4.62
20.8k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NYBoss
NYBoss
333 Followers

I know it has been a while, but blame it on the job and a few surgeries (I'm fine). All characters are over 18 years of age. This is a work of fiction, although the idea for the story is real. If I was 40 years younger I would have said what Jake said when I saw a girl like Susan in front of Whole Foods some four weeks ago.

Please forgive any typos/spelling errors, grammatical errors, or incorrect punctuation. I did not major in English while at college. Thanks for reading. Feedback and voting is appreciated. It's a romance story so the sex takes some time, but when it starts it continues until the end of the story. Enjoy the story- NYBoss

*

"DON'T!!!" Jake shouted to the beautiful woman walking toward him. Actually, she was walking to get a shopping cart and he was doing the same, from the opposite direction outside at a local Whole Foods market in Central New Jersey.

She had managed to get the cart free from the entanglement of an entire row of carts and was beginning to zip up her blue sweat shirt that would cover her magnificent tits. She was wearing a beige tank top, with a ton of cleavage showing. When she first appeared by the carts, Jake stopped in his tracks, as she was wrestling to get a cart apart from the group. Jake was staring, unashamed at what he was doing, at the cleavage on display.

"What did you say?" she yelled back at him. They were about 12 feet apart from each other. She looked at Jake, trying to figure out why he shouted at her.

"I'm sorry, but I said 'DON'T!' I'm usually not that demonstrative or forward, but I was enamored by your beauty and I would hate for you to cover it up."

Laughing, she said "I've never heard a pick-up line like that in my life. And, for what it's worth, I don't know about my beauty. I saw you. You were staring at my tits!" She proceeded to zip up the sweatshirt.

He held up his hands. "Guilty as charged. I meant no harm."

As she closed the gap between the two of them, he noticed her ring finger was bare. She said, "For all I know, you could be a stalker. You could attack me in the store when I'm buying a cantaloupe and some watermelon."

"You got me. I confess. That's my modus operandi. Picking up gorgeous women in the parking lot and then I attack them as they buy fruit in Whole Foods. Is that what you are doing, buying, fruit?"

"And what if it is?"

"Come on, let's go. If we are going to have a proper picnic, we need more than that. I think one cart will be enough. By the way my name is Jacob Gould, but most of my friends call me Jake."

"For the time being, I think I'll call you Jacob. You're very sure of yourself, Jacob. I didn't know I was going on a date, a picnic no less, with you."

"It's a beautiful spring day, temperatures in the low 70's and not a cloud in the sky in the Garden State. I can't think of anything better to do than being on a picnic with you. By the way, what is your name?"

"Not just yet, Jacob. Where would we go?"

"After we get done here, we go to Max's for bagels and lox. The best bagels this side of New York City. Max is my uncle. After that we go to a farm not far from here and we put out a blanket, open a bottle of wine and we talk. And maybe, you'll tell me your name."

Susan was having a good time flirting with Jake. He was a few inches taller than her, looks good physically, with wavy black hair and what looked like a perpetual five o'clock shadow. He was handsome. No ring on his finger. He had an air of authority about him as well as a good sense of humor. He was wearing a white Polo golf shirt, Black golf shorts and New Balance sneakers.

Susan knew that she was always eliciting stares whenever she went out. As she was thin waisted, her breasts appeared bigger than their 36C size. That's why she was zippering her sweatshirt when she was startled by Jake's cry. She didn't want to deal with the men, and an occasional woman, who would try to hit on her.

"Okay Jacob. Give me your license. Come on, give it up if you want me to go on a date with you."

Jake handed Susan his license. She walked away and took a picture of his license. When she came back, she asked Jake, "Max is your uncle, right?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to call him."

"Be my guest"

Susan moved away from Jake and made the call. In a few minutes she returned. "Okay," Susan stated as she turned back to Jake. "I normally don't go on blind dates, but I will make an exception this time. Jacob Gould."

With that they grabbed a shopping cart and went into the store. There was friendly bantering back and forth as they picked out things each liked and things they probably wouldn't need. The cashier did her thing with the bill coming to $94.

"This is going to be a hell of a picnic and we still don't have the bagels!" Jake remarked.

"Here," Susan said as she offered him her credit card.

"I was the one who asked you on the date. I pay for the food." With that he produced a black American Express card and handed it to the cashier.

"Where's your car?" Jake asked.

"I don't own a car. I took an Uber."

"Okay. Then we will take my car. It's over there." as Jake pointed a few rows from the entrance to the supermarket. Jake pushed a button and the rear door to the Lexus SUV opened. They placed the bags into the trunk of the car and Jake held the front door open for Susan.

Before Jake turned on the car, Susan turned to him, smiled and said, "Susan. Susan Marcus."

"Well Susan Marcus, it's great to meet you. And yes, I was staring at your tits. Max's place is 10 minutes from here." He was also struck by her beauty; auburn shoulder length hair, manicured nails and red lipstick. She was wearing a nice-looking pair of brown shorts with Keds sneakers.

Jake remained quiet during the ride. Susan did the same as she tried to figure out what the hell she was doing in this stranger's expensive car. Jake was trying to figure out what the hell was going on as well. He had never done anything like this before. They pulled into a spot in front of the bagel place.

"I used to come here as a child," Susan remarked.

"Really, you grew up around here? Max is my mom's brother. He took over the store from his dad."

Jake opened the door for Susan as he followed close behind into the store.

"Max," Jake yelled.

"Yakov is that you?" Max always called Jake by his Hebrew name. Jake ran to his uncle and they embraced.

"I told mom I was going to stop by and she wanted me to remind you that you owe her a call." Susan caught his eye and Jake said, "I'm sorry. Max, this is my friend Susan. We are going on a picnic and we needed to pick up bagels, lox and some veggie cream cheese."

"Susan," Max said, "it's a pleasure to meet you. Come, tell me what you need."

Jake motioned with his hands, go, go. Ten minutes later Susan had what they did not get at Whole Foods.

Jake handed the cashier his credit card, but Max would have none of it.

"You insult me by giving me money."

"Max, everyone has to eat. You know I'm okay with paying for this. If you don't want the money, give it to your staff."

"Thanks, Yacov," as they embraced once again and said good-bye. Max turned to Susan and said, "It's been my pleasure little lady. Please come back. You will always be welcome."

"I will."

As they were moving toward the door, Jake turned back to the store and said, "Max, be well. Call your sister and I'll see you at the house in a few weeks."

They got back into the car and Jake turned to Susan. "You said you came here as a child. Where did you grow up?"

"Two towns from here, Morganville. My parents used to live here. When they moved to Florida, they told me to stay in the house as long as I wanted. After being in Manhattan for a number of years, I needed a break, so I came back. But this is the first time I've been back to Max's in years. When I walked in, I remembered the smell of the fresh bagels. It brought back some very good memories. Then she became very quiet as her demeanor seemed to change when she mentioned her time in Manhattan and return to New Jersey. Jake sensed the change in her mood.

"Want to talk about it?" Jake asked.

"Maybe later. Also, why did Max call you by your Hebrew name?"

"I was named after his father also named Yacov."

"I like the name. So where are we going?"

"About thirty minutes from here. The weather is great, I have a pretty girl sitting in the front of my car and there are bagels and lox in the back seat. Fruit and cookies from Whole Foods. It can't get any better than this."

Susan was lost in her thoughts as the car moved from the city roads to one lane country roads but as Jake finally turned the car into a driveway. Susan perked up when she saw the property. "Where's the house, Jake?" Susan asked. It was the first time she called him Jake and not Jacob. He liked that as their eyes met.

"The property starts here," as he pointed out the fencing "and the house is about a quarter of a mile up the driveway"

The house came into view and the car pulled into the circular driveway. "The owners let you use the property?"

"I own the farm," Jake laughed.

"You own the farm?" Susan repeated Jake's words.

"Let's go to the special spot I have on the farm for our picnic and I'll tell you all about it." Jake said as he opened the door and grabbed the food from the back of the car. He then moved to the passenger side of the car and watched Susan get out.

He reached to hold her hand, but she backed away and said, "Not yet."

It was less than three hours since he smiled at her and yelled "DON'T!" and now she was on this wonderful farm having a picnic with a guy who was somewhat of a stranger. She thought to herself, "Am I fucking nuts?"

Jake opened the door and Susan walked into the house and was immediately pounced on by Jake's pooch, a beagle named Rex. "Be nice Rex. Don't encourage him, Susan, or he'll never leave your side."

"He's beautiful. A rescue?"

"Of course. Got him when he was 12 weeks old. He's about two years old and very playful."

"I noticed," as Susan tried to extricate herself from Rex's greeting.

"Come here Rex," as Jake offered him a treat. Rex was satisfied, for now.

"I need to get the wine. Let me grab a couple of bottles. The bathroom is at the end of the hall in case you want to use it before we head out."

Susan chose to take the opportunity to use it. When she re-appeared in the kitchen, he showed her a few bottles and said, "You choose."

She picked out a Flowers Pinot Noir and a Newton Unfiltered Chardonnay.

"Great choice. Let me grab some wine glasses and a picnic basket." Jake disappeared for a few minutes and Susan took advantage by taking her own tour of the kitchen and what appeared to be the den.

He came back with what looked like the largest picnic basket ever made. They filled the basket with some items, not all the items they bought earlier in the day. Jake handed the wine caddy to Susan and she placed the two bottles and glasses into the caddy and latched it.

"We'll go out through the kitchen," Jake said and added, "You too Rex." Rex was only too happy to run out the door. The entire property was fenced so Rex was able to enjoy running anywhere.

There was still minimal banter between the two of them as Jacob lead her to his favorite spot. After walking 10 minutes Jake said, "We are here." They had stopped by a huge oak tree about 15 feet from a man-made lake. There was a picnic table set up under the tree. Jacob placed the basket on the bench and he pulled out a red and white checked tablecloth from the basket. He covered the table and proceeded to empty the basket onto the table. He took the wine caddy from Susan's hands, and removed the bottles, glasses and cork screw out. He opened up both bottles placing them next to Susan's plate. Rex laid down near the table on the side where Susan sat.

"Rex made a good choice of where to sit," Jake laughed.

"Maybe he likes me more than he likes you?"

"Now you are playing off my pooch. I have a long memory." Jake gave her a crazy smile.

"Looks like you've done this before, this picnic," Susan said.

"A few times, but not with anyone as pretty as you. Let's eat and I'll tell you a little more about myself. Maybe you will feel more comfortable around me after I tell you a little bit about myself."

"Perhaps."

They enjoyed the bagels and lox from Max's. A bag of potato chips was opened to have with the bagels. Jake opened a bag of shortbread cookies, his favorite. They also ate Susan's watermelon. Susan opted for the chardonnay and Jacob had the pinot noir. Rex had his water dish set down and his food dish was set up with some roast beef as a snack.

"Cheers, to a great picnic," Jake remarked as he raised his glass offering it to Susan to respond. Susan's reply came in the form of clicking her glass with Jake's. She was still trying to figure out who Jake was and what was he up to, aside from getting into her pants. Although the picnic table was in the shade, it was warm for early May. Susan unzipped and removed her sweatshirt. Jake tried not to stare. He took a quick glance. All he did was say, "Beautiful."

"By the way," Susan asked, "just what were you doing at Whole Foods? Certainly, you weren't waiting in the parking lot for a girl with big tits to show up, were you?"

"Of course, that's what I was doing. That and looking for some fresh orange juice, vegetables and seafood. I was planning to grill on Sunday. You just happened to come by and here we are." He opened his arms to the vastness of the farm and turned to see if Susan was smiling. She was.

As Jake was finishing up his bagel and lox, he said, "I might as well begin. Stop me with any questions." Susan looked up but continued eating, Rex was by her side. Rex was enjoying a small piece of bagel and cream cheese Susan had given him.

"I grew up on Long Island, where my parents still live. Mom is a high school math teacher and my dad is a cardiologist. I have two sisters, both married, with kids, living near my parents. I played baseball and basketball growing up. Was pretty good at both but not good enough for a scholarship. My grades were good enough that I got into Brown. Majored in electrical engineering minored in finance. Graduated, then went to Harvard for my MBA in finance. Enlisted in the Navy. Became a SEAL. Was in Iraq and Afghanistan for about 18 months. When I got out of the Navy the thought of working for someone was not appealing. I started a small tech company, TechSavvy that delivered business applications while working with medical supplies. The company delivered more that I could have expected. I now employ 500 people around the world. I have an apartment in New York City, a house in Key West and I bought the farm last year. Had a fiancé but she wasn't ready for my Navy life. A few girlfriends, but no one steady. I think that covers it all."

Susan sat quietly.

"Let's take a walk down to the lake," Jake suggested. "Bring your wine." She refilled her glass as did Jake with his before they started their walk.

When Susan got up from the bench Rex followed her.

This time when he reached for Susan's hand, she gave it to him. They were warm to the touch for both of them. They both were having fun.

With Rex running with abandon, Jake said, "I loved reading about farms when I was a kid. When I had a chance to buy one, especially one far enough from New York City, but close enough that I could get here within 90 minutes, I jumped." As they reached the edge of the lake, Jake kicked off his topsiders and said, "Take off your sneakers."

"You must think the water is cold. Trust me. It's refreshing for about a minute or two." Jake was right as they both stepped out of the lake within the first minute.

They stayed barefoot.

"It's beautiful out here," Susan said.

"That's why this is my favorite place on the property."

They continued to walk past the lake when they came to a few barns. Jacob spoke about fixing the place up and have animals where the local children, kids who are ambulatory from the local hospital, or just any kid can come a spend a day playing with or working the animals. Maybe have this as a working farm. "I've got to review the plans in two weeks and hopefully the construction can begin in July. Getting animals and someone to run the farm as well as getting the proper permits will take some time so I figure perhaps next summer or fall is when we should be ready to run. It can be a working farm as well."

They worked their way back to the picnic area. Jake had laid out a blanket. Rex promptly took possession of the right side, rolled on his side and was sleeping in no time. Susan sat next to Rex and Jake joined them on the blanket.

"So how are you liking our first date so far?" Jake asked.

"For a first date, not bad at all. Bringing a dog into the picture is always a winner."

Jake said, "We are not finished with our first date. If you are not busy, and I hope you don't have any plans, I want to take you to dinner tonight. Nothing fancy, just the best Italian food in the state," Jake replied.

"What do you mean we are not finished with our first date?" Susan said. "You are testing your luck, Mister. There is only one way you can go, and that's downhill, after a pretty good afternoon."

"I'll take my chances," Jake said with a grin.

"I would need to clean up, get home, I don't have a car."

Jake tossed her the keys to his car. "I'll pick you up at 6. Reservations are at 7:30. By the way, it's very informal. I'll probably wear khakis and a golf shirt."

"If I have your car how are you going to pick me up?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Let's walk a little more before I go. If I'm going to be ready in time for the continuation of our first date I'll need to leave in about an hour. You can show me the house another time."

After walking along the lake, they grabbed the basket and wine as they found their way back to the house, with Rex running in front of them. They walked to the front, where Jake's car was parked. Before settling into the car, Susan leaned against the door as Jake moved closer.

Susan said, "I really had a great time today on this blind date. I'll see you at 6." She gave Jake a chaste kiss on the mouth.

"It was a great afternoon," Jake said smiling. "One other thing before you go. I do need your address and your phone number while you're at it."

"You expect me to give you both my address and phone number and we only met this morning?" Susan said tongue in cheek.

"I guess me giving you my $100,000 car to drive doesn't mean we're even, huh?"

Susan started laughing and after getting Jake's phone number gave him both her phone number and address. Susan pulled away.

"Rex," he said, "I think I've found a soul mate. What do you think?" I guess Rex read Jake's mind, as he came up to him barking and jumping and being frisky. They went into the house and Jake made a call.

"Bob, can you come by the house at 5:30 tonight? I have to pick up a friend in Morganville at 6. We're going to Hoboken." Jake listened for Bob's reply. "Great, see you then." Bob was Jake's part time driver who had his own limo business. Jake was his best customer so he tried to be available to drive for him. If he was not available, one of the other drivers would take care of Jake.

Bob, as usual, was on time. Jake locked up, leaving the Yankees game on TV for Rex. He had read somewhere that it was good to have some noise in the room for a dog when the dog was going to be alone. Who the hell knows?

"Good evening, how are you doing?" Jake said as he shook Bob's hand.

"Doing well. How are you doing, Jake?"

The two were bantering back and forth for the thirty-minute trip to Susan's house. They were old friends. Bob and Jake met at a golf outing where Bob was working for the golf club. They got to talking where Bob told him about his plans to open up a limo company. He had the plans to start small, all he needed was seed money. Jake asked him for a copy of his business plans. Jake liked what he saw and gave Bob $250,000 in seed money. With the money Bob bought two cars and went looking for business. Five years later, he had a fleet of 20 cars, 8 full time drivers and an office staff. When he presented Jake with a check to pay back the seed money, Jake tore it up.

NYBoss
NYBoss
333 Followers