Doubt Pt. 02

Story Info
The aftermath of Demi's affair.
14.3k words
4.27
8.9k
22
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/24/2023
Created 05/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Vodka martini, please." Demi asked the bartender.

It was Friday night, and Demi was alone dressed in a little black dress. She was supposed to go out with Debbie tonight, but she canceled at the last minute just as Demi finished getting ready. So instead, Demi came here to a nearly empty bar at the club she was a member of. That was ok with Demi as she needed a second away to think about this past week.

After sleeping with Earl Monday night, Demi had a return to reality Tuesday morning.

"Hey, Demi, wake up." She heard someone say to her.

"Mmmmm." Demi groaned, her body very sore from the previous night's affair.

"I came back, babe." Michael said, Demi opened her eyes to see him sitting on the side of the bed. "I'm sorry about last night, I said some things I regret and I want to work through whatever problems we're having."

"Me, too, babe." Demi replied.

"Great, I'll go make us some breakfast, while you get up." He responded.

Demi stretched her arms above her head, wondering why she felt so sore, having temporarily blocked the memories from the previous night. It wasn't until she threw the covers off herself and saw the cum stains around her pussy, that suddenly all the memories came rushing back.

She had cheated on Michael with Earl of all people. She ran to the bathroom and cleaned herself off, praying to god she would forget or at least Michael wouldn't find out. She then remembered they had done it on the couch as well. She grabbed a robe and quickly made her way to the living room and saw the large stain on their couch. She quickly ran and grabbed a rag to furiously scrub as Michael made breakfast. She got most of the stains out although she flipped the cushions just to be sure. She picked her engagement ring up and put it back on, hoping to put the previous night behind her.

Michael made bacon and pancakes for breakfast. Michael talked through breakfast, it essentially was a monologue, telling Demi how he wanted to work on their relationship. Demi was happy to hear, in part because she loved him and also to hopefully get past the awfulness from the previous night.

She agreed to go see a couples therapist, something Michael was adamant about. Demi agreed it could be a good thing for the both of them, although she was a little nervous now that she was a cheater. She wouldn't admit to anyone, least of all someone who she barely knew.

"Why don't you head to work and I'll clean up." Michael said.

"Ok, we'll talk some more later." Demi told him.

She changed into her work clothes, black pants, and a white blouse, then left the apartment. As she was leaving, she heard Earl's door being opened. In a panic, she ran back into her apartment.

"Everything alright?" Michael asked.

"Yup, I uhh... just forgot umm... something." She replied, then ran to the bathroom to hide for a moment.

Demi went out the back way to avoid walking in front of Earl's place. She was terrified of talking with him. It was a huge mistake sleeping with him and Demi wasn't ready to open that can of worms.

Work flew by that day, Demi drifted off into deep thought fairly often. Her mind was a strange mixture of emotions. She was embarrassed to have slept with Earl, angry at Michael and herself for fighting which led to this situation, and disgusted at herself for cheating. But most of all she felt lustful. Earl had pounded her like Michael never could and her already high libido was yearning for more. On several occasions throughout the day, Demi had to stop herself as her hand slid down her pants while she thought of Earl.

When she got in her car to leave, a text from Earl popped up.

'Had a great time with you last night. Call me if you ever wanna do it again!'

All of Demi's mixed emotions were only heightened after seeing this message. But ultimately her lust mostly won out. She drove like a maniac home and when she got there that evening she threw herself at Michael, who gladly accepted the sex. Demi was hoping to cleanse herself and get Earl out of her mind. She hoped Michael would be better than she remembered and get rid of this Earl itch. That wasn't the case.

They went to the bedroom, Michael laid on his back as Demi started by blowing him but it wasn't the same. Michael just wasn't as big and so couldn't fill her mouth up like Earl. When she climbed on top, she barely felt his cock now. Earl had stretched her out so far, Michael couldn't satisfy her anymore. After a few minutes, Michael busted, and it was over, a huge disappointment for Demi.

"Wow, you were amazing!" Michael said.

"Ya, you were great, too!" Demi obviously lied that somehow Michael didn't notice.

After Michael left, Demi grabbed her phone and stared at the message from Earl. Internally she debated on how to respond to Earl. Part of her wanted to call him and tell him what a disgusting pig he was. Another part wanted to let him down easy. Another part of her wanted to say fuck it and run over there.

"Hey babe, we should probably make some dinner." Michael said.

"Huh." Demi replied, snapping out of her deep thought. "Ya, I'll be there in a minute."

She finally put her phone down, intent on figuring out what to say to Earl another day.

Demi was still highly distracted Wednesday morning. Her mind is a mess of conflicting emotions.

"Earth to Demi!" Samantha said, getting Demi's attention as she was drifting off again.

"Huh, what is it?" Demi asked, trying to seem normal.

"I just asked if you have your estimates done for your design." Samantha replied.

"No, but I should have them done by the end of the day." Demi answered.

"You alright? You don't seem yourself." Samantha responded.

"Ya, everything is fine." Demi replied.

"Well, I should give you a heads up that there's a rumor going around that you and Michael broke up." Samantha told her.

"What?!? Who started this?" Demi asked.

"Don't know." Samantha shrugged. "It's not true is it?"

"No, of course. We had a little spat but nothing we can't get over." Demi responded.

"Good, cause you and Michael seem good together." Samantha said. "I have to go but I'll see you at lunch."

Demi didn't get her estimates done before the end of the day, still drifting off deep in thought. She was still ahead on work but that advantage was slowly being chipped away.

Later, Demi was having dinner with Michael after another round of disappointing sex, when he said something that made her face go white.

"We should invite Earl over for dinner sometime next week." He said.

"What? Why?" Demi asked, wondering why he would say that.

"I saw him in the hallway this morning, said he came and talked to you after I left." Michael answered. "Whatever he said, obviously helped."

"I don't think that's necessary." Demi replied.

"I mean it's not necessary but I think it would be a kind gesture." He responded. "But if you don't want to have him over, I'm ok with that. Your decision."

"No, it's fine, we can invite him over. Next Tuesday would probably work best." Demi said, trying her best not to give away anything.

Thursday morning, Demi left for work early, wanting to get those expense reports done. She did her best to focus, not letting herself drift off into space. Keeping busy helped keep her mind off of Earl. Once she was focused and started working, she could momentarily forget Earl and get her work done. She finished the reports that morning and went to hand them to Brian.

"Here are my reports, Brian." She said, handing Brian the folder and then noticing the drink on his desk.

"Thanks, Demi. I'll look this over before your presentation." He told her.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, motioning towards the drink.

"Oh, this. It's a celebratory drink." He replied.

"For what?" She responded.

"Kelsey (his ex-wife) came to me this morning and begged for me to take her back, saying she'll change and be better." He told her.

"That's good of her." Demi replied.

"It's a lie. A lie I've heard 99 times before. But this time, I didn't fall for it." He said.

"She's said she's changed before?" Demi asked, worried Michael might be like Kelsey.

"Oh ya. And every time it's the same pattern. Things get better for a few weeks, maybe a month, then she falls back into the same habits. People don't really change." He replied.

"I don't know, I've seen people change." Demi responded.

"Maybe temporarily but not forever. People can put up a sheet to cover themselves but eventually, their true selves shine through." He told her.

"That's pretty cynical." Demi replied.

"But it's true. Now, I gotta finish up some work, can you close the door behind you, please, and thank you." Brian said.

What Brian said stuck with Demi. Even if he wanted to, could Michael change or was he always going to be controlling? Demi wanted to believe that Brian was wrong and that Michael would change for her. But deep down, she kinda felt he was right, and that scared her.

Thursday night Demi gave into temptation, just a little. She was laying in bed wide awake. She looked at the clock and it said 1:23 AM. She couldn't sleep because memories of Monday night drifted through her head and made her increasingly horny. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get Earl off her mind. Her body yearned for him, her pussy gushing just at the thought, her body becoming hot all over.

Demi got up to get some water. While sipping on a glass, she peered over at the couch which instantly brought back memories of her riding Earl's dick. She couldn't stop herself any longer.

She walked over to the couch, taking her pajama shorts and tank top off, leaving her completely nude. She sat down on the couch, spread her legs, and fingered herself.

In her mind, it was a compromise. Her body wanted to go over to Earl's but she knew that was wrong. Masturbating while thinking of Earl wasn't cheating. And she knew Michael watched porn from time to time, this wasn't any different, really.

Demi closed her eyes as her right hand slipped a few fingers in, while her left hand rubbed her swollen clit. She stuck 3 fingers inside herself, trying to mimic Earl's girth.

"Mmm... your dick is so big Earl!" Demi quietly whispered to herself.

Demi bit her lower lip to stop herself from being too loud as her hands worked furiously on her pussy. She was dripping down on the couch again as she envisioned herself getting harpooned by Earl's big dick again. It all culminated in a shuddering orgasm, her body shaking as her pussy tightened up around her fingers. It satisfied her, although only temporarily as it also left her body wanting the real thing.

Friday was frustrating. She woke up horny again, having dreamt of you know who. With her fiancé still sleeping beside her, she did her best to ignore it for now. That would be easier said than done, as it felt like everything that day reminded her of Earl. She was getting increasingly hot as her mind kept going back. When she had masturbated the previous night, the seal on her lust for Earl had been broken and there was no going back now. She broke down just after lunch.

She went to the bathroom and masturbated again. She locked herself in a stall and hiked her skirt above her waist. Her left hand rubbed her slit as her right hand massaged her breasts. She closed her eyes and imagined Earl being in that stall with her, banging her brains out. She was gushing fluids, getting herself closer and closer to an orgasm.

"Is everything alright in there?" A coworker of Demi's asked, having overheard her moans and groans.

"Huh? Oh ya!" A surprised Demi replied. "Just some cramps!" She told her.

"Oh sorry, do you need anything?" The coworker offered.

"No, I'll be fine thanks." Demi responded.

The interrupting coworker was like cold water on the situation. It made Demi realize she had to get a hold of herself. She pulled her skirt down and returned to her desk, a new resolve to focus on literally anything else. She had given herself the biggest blue vulva of her life, so focusing was extremely tough.

Soon after she received a text from Michael.

'Josh (his younger brother) got dumped, driving down to Charlotte to see him this weekend.' The text read.

'Do you want some company?' Demi asked.

'Sorry babe, but it's kind of a guys-only weekend.' He said.

'Ok, when are you coming back?' She asked.

'Sunday night, I'll see you then.' He responded.

A quiet weekend alone was just what Demi thought she needed. She knew she had plans with Debbie tonight but after that her weekend was clear.

After work, Demi went home and changed her clothes. Her panties were soaked from being turned on all afternoon. After putting on some sweats she made some dinner then took a bubble bath. Being alone made it very tempting to give in to her horniness but she resisted.

After her bath, she put on her dress, panties but no bra, and 6-inch heels, then started putting on a bit of makeup. It was just as she finished that she saw the text from Debbie alerting her that Debbie would not make it tonight.

'Damn it, Debbie.' She thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. All dressed up for nothing. It was past 9 PM at this point and Demi didn't feel like staying home. She thought about going to a bar alone but didn't want to deal with the noise or all the people.

Then she had a good and bad idea. The club has an upscale bar; she had been to it on several occasions. It wasn't usually busy and most of the older members wouldn't be around this late. But there was always a chance she could run into Earl. She had been avoiding the place because of him. But she checked the parking lot and saw his car. Figuring he was in for the night, Demi got in her car and went.

She walked into the darkened bar, sitting down at the wooden bar counter. The place was mostly empty; a few drinkers littered it, but Demi could easily ignore them.

"What will it be?" The bartender asked.

"Vodka martini, please." She ordered.

"I'll be right back." The bartender replied.

"Before you go, can you give me another double?" A familiar voice said, walking up to the bar next to Demi. "Hello, Demi." Earl said, turning towards her.

Earl had been in the corner hence why Demi hadn't noticed him. Demi's face felt flush as a myriad of emotions ran through her mind as she looked at Earl in a button-up white shirt and black pants.

"Earl! Hi, I... uhh." Demi said, panic setting in.

"Didn't expect to see me, did you?" He replied.

"No." She responded.

"Expecting someone else?" He asked.

"No." She replied.

"So you don't mind if I sit here?" He asked, pointing at the seat next to Demi. Demi was conflicted but Earl sat down before she could answer.

"There you go." The bartender said as he placed her drink down in front of her.

"Thank you." Demi said as he walked away.

Demi took a sip and a deep breath, calming her nerves as Earl sat next to her.

"Earl, about what happened..." She began to say.

"You don't have to say it Demi, I get it." He cut her off.

"You do?" She asked, a bit relieved.

"Of course look at me." He said, gesturing towards his old skinny body. "Then look at you." He gestured towards Demi. "It was a one-time mistake, I understand."

"Thank you." She replied. "I was a little worried after I saw your text Tuesday."

"Ya, that was me being hopeful. You can't blame me for trying." He responded.

"No, I can't. But I'm still with Michael and I plan on marrying him." She told him.

"I put that together when I saw him the other day."

"I still love him and we're working on our relationship."

"He made a promise to change, I assume."

"Ya, and he seems to be trying to change." Demi told him. She got a serious look in her eyes. "Do you think people can change?" She asked.

"I'll be honest with you, yes and no." Earl answered. "People can change stuff around the edges, what they like, what they do, or even how they talk. But who they truly are, and how they treat others, they can't change. I know that might not be what you want to hear but it's what I've seen in my life."

"Huh." Demi exhaled and then took the last sip of her drink. "Thank you for being honest."

"Here, I'll get the next round." He said, motioning to the bartender and throwing back the last of his drink.

"I'm surprised to see you here, you don't seem to be the type to drink alone." Demi said.

"Well, I was drinking away my sorrows."

"What happened?"

"You never responded. It was always a fantasy but I had to mourn the death of it anyways. I'm surprised to see you here alone as well."

"Debbie canceled on me."

"That's not surprising."

"I know. But I had already gotten ready so I figured I should go out anyway."

"Michael didn't want to come?"

"He's in Charlotte for the weekend."

"So why come here?"

"I wanted a quieter place, somewhere I could just have a drink or 2 and think about these last few weeks."

"I guess you wanted to think about how to deal with me."

"Ya, that was one of the things I needed to think about."

"I guess that's one worry off your shoulders."

"Ya, it is..." Demi said, getting a glassy-eyed look on her.

"What's wrong?" Earl asked.

"Umm... just a lot on my mind."

"Anything I can help with?"

"No, I've just been thinking a lot about whether people can change or not."

"Ah, that's why you asked me before."

"Ya, everyone tells me that people can't change. And to be honest, I've never seen a drastic change in a person either. But that doesn't mean it can't."

"Your right, stranger things have happened." Earl told her.

"But..." Demi said, sensing that he had more to say.

"No but." He responded.

"Earl be honest, I can tell you have something else you want to say."

"Huh.. but what are the chances you're the exception?"

"I have to hope, right?"

"You do and maybe hope is enough for now. But I've seen your guy's relationship for 5 years now and Michael has always been controlling. I thought it was something you were ok with. But I never liked how he treated you and I always thought you could do better. I'm not saying I am better or anything like that. Just as a friend."

"Thank you for being honest with me." Demi said before finishing the last of her second martini. "I have a lot to think about, I'm probably going to head out."

"Did you drive here, Demi? I took a cab. Do you mind giving me a lift?" He asked.

"No, not at all." She replied, the 2 martinis compromising her decisions making.

The ride home was quick with Demi and Earl catching up on the week's events, mostly what has happened at work. Being in Earl's presence is a little nerve-racking. He was the man she had cheated with and now they were acting as if it didn't happen. But her body sure remembers.

She caught herself twice taking a peak at his crotch, although she doesn't think he noticed.

"Wanna come in for one last nightcap?" Earl offered as Demi set the car into park.

"Umm..." Demi contemplated the offer, knowing she probably shouldn't but her body definitely wanted to accept.

"I bought a nice bottle of gin. Definitely worth a try." He told her.

"Alright, one drink." She replied then they got out of the car.

'Ya, I'm a bang her again tonight.' Earl thought as they walked side-by-side back to his apartment.

Once inside, Earl made them both a gin and tonic as Demi sat on his couch in the living room. It felt wrong to Demi being in Earl's apartment given what happened, but Demi assured herself they were just friends and nothing would happen. Still, given what happened Monday, she wasn't sure nothing would happen. And while her mind said it was wrong to be there, her body was saying something very different.

"Oh wow, that is good gin!" Demi said after taking a sip, Earl sat next to her on her left.

"Ya, it was a gift from a friend." Earl replied.