All Comments on 'Dragon Tales 06: Quetzacoatl 02'

by Lobosolo51

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
lonecrowlonecrowover 3 years ago

The story reads as if you could not decide how elaborate or how brief you wanted to write it. As a tree result, part of it drags on and part of it is too abrupt. If you ever plan to write seriously, you will have to invest a lot of time editing and restructuring stories to make them more coherent. (Talking about the whole story here, not just this part.)

There is a simple rule for story writing: "show, don't tell". I don't take this as the golden rule or anything, but using this as a guideline can improve storytelling significantly. You tell a lot in this story, but show nothing. Showing considerably more and telling less would have made the story much more palatable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLobosolo51@Lobosolo51
I grew up in California (5th generation). My father was a forester / geologist / fire ecologist. Mom was a house wife with a sports background - she taught us all the sports skills we learned early on. During my life, I've always been active. I swam and played waterpolo in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES