Dragonborn Rising Ch. 59

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks."

Maven usually played it cool and never looked surprised, but she definitely didn't expect to see me at the doorway leading into the dining room. Gesturing to the nearest seat, I sat down as she asked, "What brings you to me this time, Ragnar?"

"Do you correspond often with General Tullius?"

Her eyes narrowed but she obviously thought about who I was and what I was capable of. The eyes returned to normal, replaced by a smirk as she stood up and closed both sets of doors leading into the dining room, before returning to her seat. "I keep him abreast of the situation in this Hold, Ragnar. Word obviously reached me about what you did in Whiterun. I'm sure your presence here will certainly provoke questions."

"I'm here on behalf of the General. He wants Riften, and if it can be taken peacefully, even better. I might be Dragonborn but I'm still only one man. I'll need help to maintain control until his legions arrive."

"And you're here because?"

"Tullius wants you to take over once I... depose the current Jarl."

For once, Maven didn't have a response. I honestly don't think she expected it. She took a few seconds to take in the news before replying. "When will you make a move?"

"As I said, I will need assistance so I'm going to head down and see if Bryn and the others are willing to help.

"When do you plan on moving?"

"Tullius will send a message when his legions are in place, no more than a few days according to our last meeting. How many are working for the Guild now?"

"I don't know exact numbers, Ragnar. I ensure they're protected but I don't involve myself that deeply." She paused a moment, clearly thinking. "When you make your move, you'll need to take care of any Stormcloak sympathisers in the city as well. There are a few around. I can give you a list of names by tomorrow morning. Meet me in the Bee and Barb. We can discuss this further." Standing up, I was just about to walk out when she added, "Ingun still asks after you, Ragnar."

I turned and made sure my face was rather blank. "Is she still with Saerlund?" The smirk returned, and her eyes, told me everything I needed to know. "Why did it end?"

"She would rather focus on her alchemy."

"And your opinion on that now?"

"She's... got talent, I'll give her that. I'll let her know you're in town." She looked me up and down. "She could certainly do a whole lot worse than you."

"I think there was a compliment in there somewhere, Maven. Anyway, I'd better go see Bryn. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

I thought about using the secret entrance near the graveyard, but thought I might catch someone by surprise and end up in an awkward position. So I headed through the Ratway, glad that the sewers remained empty as I arrived at the door of the Ragged Flagon. Walking inside, I noticed immediately that it was far busier than the day I first arrived. Dirge still looked stupid but mean in his position, though even he managed to look surprised upon seeing me.

"Boss?"

"I'm not the boss, Dirge."

"What brings you here?" He stood a little straighter, no doubt his feeble mind trying to work things out. "You're not here to cause trouble?"

"Just here to see Bryn, Dirge. Calm yourself."

He stood to the side as I walked over the small crossing. Vekel was behind the bar. His call of my name caused most conversations to halt, and a few old friends were soon their feet to welcome me, hand shaken, slaps on the back all round. Karliah couldn't resist giving me a tight hug, while even Vex looked pleased to see me. Not that we'd even fallen out, but she'd been disappointed when I chose to leave the life.

With tankard in hand, I took a seat with Brynjolf, Delvin, Karliah and Vex, grinning at the old guard who were still around. "What brings you here?" Brynjolf asked.

"Before I answer that, I guess you know all about me, right? Who I am? I honestly can't remember."

"We know who you are.... Dragonborn," Karliah said.

"Okay, so obviously there's a lot of shit going on around Skyrim, and I've been in the middle of a lot of it. Why am I here? The Empire wishes to take control of Riften." I noticed a few shared glances. "Any of you care about the civil war?"

"Well, no, to be honest," Brynjolf replied, "In fact, considering our line of work, we'd like to see it ended. Get trade flowing, that way there's more coin and... well, you know the drill."

"You're here about the civil war? On the side of the Empire?" Karliah asked.

Nodding, I replied, "Yes. Not sure if any of you have an allegiance, but there is a good reason why I'm here now. General Tullius has requested my assistance and would prefer to take the city without a battle. He certainly doesn't want to see the city in flames. So that's why I'm here now. Good reason too. Maven Black-Briar will become Jarl and, considering the relationship between herself and this guild, I'm sure you can see the benefits."

"What do you need us to do?" Delvin wondered.

"I'm sitting down with Maven tomorrow morning to go over a list of targets, but I'm aiming for in around three to four days' time, we strike at night, eliminating any Stormcloak sympathisers. I don't mean kill, I just mean so they can't raise an alarm. Then we take Mistveil Keep."

"City guards?" Vex asked.

"Defend yourself when necessary. It can't and won't be bloodless, but if we can do this with minimum losses, then it will be a good thing. How many do you have down here now?"

"Thirty or so. More than enough for what you're planning," Brynjolf replied, "After what happened with Mercer, we make sure we interrogate each and every individual. If there's even a sniff of something we don't like, we watch them carefully. Sometimes... measures need to be taken."

"Can I count on your assistance?"

They all shared a glance, Vex, Karliah and Delvin nodding. "Sure thing, Ragnar. I think some of us still owe a favour or two," Brynjolf replied.

I waved that away. "Not necessary, but consider any slate clean once Riften is in the hands of the Empire."

"Didn't have you picked as getting involved," Karliah said.

"I didn't plan on it, but Ulfric attacked Whiterun. I wasn't going to stand by and let it happen. So I help take Riften, then we march north. This could all be over within a matter of weeks."

"Where are you staying while you're here?" Karliah asked.

"I hadn't given it a thought. You still living in my old place, Bryn?"

"Aye."

"Care to stay at Nightingale Hall?"

I took a sip from my tankard, meeting Karliah's eyes over the edge. She simply returned a smile. "Anyone would think you're suggesting something, Karliah?"

"Should we be present for this?" Delvin asked.

I smiled as Karliah laughed. "Delvin, I think everyone here knows Ragnar and I were intimate at one time. That definitely wasn't a secret." She took a sip from her goblet. "So, interested?"

"Aye," I replied, "You do know I'm..."

"I don't know exactly what you're up to, Ragnar, but I know you have other lovers."

I ended up enjoying a couple of tankards with the old gang, others wandering in from the other area to say hello and join us. I filled them in with everything I'd been up to, surprised to hear I was now living in Solitude, though pleased my personal issues had been resolved for the most part. As for the Thieves Guild, they still worked by the tenets I'd set in place. Coin and jewels flowed, and they were still thieves at the end of the day, but no blood was ever spilled, and they didn't rob from the poor. Brynjolf explained they had expanded links with Cyrodiil and were now looking at opportunities to the north. I joked, stating I didn't mind what they did, long as they didn't try and rob me.

It was late by the time I left with Karliah, walking hand in hand out of the gate, just like old times. She leaned into me as it was rather cold, wrapping an arm around her in return. The entrance was still hidden away, but as we walked deeper into the hall, it was obvious she had been busy. "Don't get many visitors," she said, escorting me to her own room, "Brynjolf and I are still Nightingales, of course. You are too, I guess, though I think your soul belongs to numerous Divines and Daedra by now."

"You're right."

Her bedroom was tastefully decorated and it was clear she'd been thieving items of quality. Turning towards me, she stepped forward and rested her hands on my chest, looking up. She was still gorgeous. "Mirabelle and Lydia are with child," I said, "Just so you know before we start. Some might find it... off-putting to be here with me like this knowing that. So, you know me, always honest."

"Do you want me, Ragnar?"

"Right now? Absolutely. But I've liked you from the day we met."

"You were just too damned tempting in the end, Ragnar."

It was a great evening, both of us knowing it might happen again while I was in Riften, but it was simply two old lovers reconnecting after a long time, also knowing there was no future. It would be a bit of fun and that was it. She still beautiful when naked, still made those same sweet little noises when I ate her out, and wanted nothing more from me than to be on my back as she rode my cock through orgasm after orgasm, and she could do things that certainly kept me nice and hard until I simply had to cry enough with her.

Walking back into Riften together the next morning, she headed for the guild as I wandered into the tavern. Maven was upstairs, a reminder of our first meeting. Taking a seat next to her, I explained my idea about using friends from the guild, which she approved, not that I needed it. She handed me a list of known Stormcloak sympathisers, and a smaller list of those who had ties to the Empire.

"When do you plan to strike?"

"Three days from now. Thinking between midnight and dawn. Catch them off guard. Most armies don't attack during the night. Too much can go wrong. There's only me and a few thieves, though they're all talented in their own right. Long as we take the Keep, I'm happy."

"I'll send someone out to locate Tullius and his legions."

"They should be here by the time we strike. All I need to do is hand the city over to them and yourself."

"I know you're not doing this for me, Ragnar. Why are you involved?"

"Honestly, I probably didn't have a choice in the end. It was the will of the gods. And it was about time to end this, one way or the other. I never entered Skyrim all those years ago intending on joining the Stormcloaks. I didn't care about the civil war. Wasn't my problem."

"Well, once I'm made Jarl, Ragnar, I think I'll definitely owe you a favour. A big one."

I gave her a look. "Well, I might just call that in one day, Maven."

She sat back and looked me up and down. "Well, I can certainly see what Ingun sees in you at least. Certainly have achieved many things of note."

"I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

She smirked. "I don't give out compliments easily, Ragnar, but... You put the guild back on its feet, ended the dragon menace, and now look ready to give me a title in addition to the power I already wield. What do you expect in return right now?"

"Nothing, to be honest."

"Nothing?" I nodded. She actually laughed. Don't think I'd heard or seen that before. "You are most unusual at times." She stood up. "I best not dilly-dally here all day, Ragnar. I have other matters to attend to. I'll stay clear for now. Give me a heads up when you're on the verge of striking and I'll make sure my family is safe, at least."

"I'll send word."

Once she departed, I found myself with little to do except wander the city. I counted up how many guards were on shift during the day, and figured it might be slightly less during an evening. I knew the small gate leading out to the docks was locked of an evening, so that wouldn't be a real problem. Spending the early evening in the Bee and Barb, I headed out again late at night to check the guard again, this time noting patterns of movement in addition to their numbers and where they were positioned. I was left confident we'd manage to take the city without too much of a fight. Most of them looked rather bored and lazy.

Returning to the Bee and Barb and the room I'd taken for the night, I was just getting ready for sleep when there was a light knock on the door. I couldn't help grin as I opened it to reveal who was waiting for me. "Maven send you?" I wondered.

Ingun smiled. "No. She just mentioned you were in town and... Well, I don't think you have company this evening, do you?"

"I don't."

"Would you like some?"

"If you're that company, then yes, I'd like that very much."

Ingun and I hadn't been intimate in a long time. But as we undressed, we spoke about times past fondly, and it didn't take long to figure out what we both liked. She'd obviously bathed and also shaved before coming to see me, as I couldn't help express a little surprise at her bald pussy. But the fact it glistened in the candlelight suggested she was rather turned on by what I'd already done.

"I just wanted you to fuck me again," she whispered.

So that's what Ingun Black-Briar got that evening. She was fucked by the Dragonborn, and it lasted a good couple of hours, her legs pushed back, just utterly pounding her, enjoying the cries of delight she made. Good thing she took a potion the next morning, otherwise I would have received news within a few months, letting me know she was with child too.

Lying back with her the next morning, I couldn't help chuckle as I admitted she was the third different woman I'd been with in a matter of days. "Well, isn't that normal, Ragnar," she stated, snuggling into my side. I certainly appreciated her soft skin compared to mine.

"It is, but that's due to the arrangement I have."

"Well, I don't care who you've been with before. I just had to enjoy at least one night with you before you go again."

"Glad you arrived at my door, Ingun."

"Haven't been fucked like that in a long time. Gods, my pussy is going to be sore today. Saerlund... lovely man but I found myself thinking of what you'd do to me at times."

"Nice to be thought of so fondly."

That made her scoff before she giggled again. "Want to fuck my mother?"

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Would you be willing to fuck Maven Black-Briar?"

"What in oblivion has made you ask that question?"

"Because when we were talking last night, I was left with the distinct impression that she... well, likes you a little bit. Well, that's putting it mildly. I think she's rather attracted."

"I like my balls where they are. I might be Dragonborn, and she doesn't scare me, but... there are even people I'd rather not fuck with."

"So the idea of fucking an older version of me doesn't appeal?"

"Can I be honest and admit I've never really given it a thought? We have a working relationship. That's all."

"Shame. I think mother needs a good deep dicking." I couldn't help chuckle at the description. "Would probably make her smile a little bit more. Take the edge off if you make her cum a few times."

"This is your mother we're talking about, Ingun."

She shrugged and met my eyes. "Just being honest. Best way I found to relieve stress is making myself orgasm. Feel much better and clear headed afterwards."

"Okay, why is the thought of you masturbating a turn on?"

That made her grin, her hand reaching around the back of my head so I could kiss her... then we fucked one last time before breakfast. I don't think she was quiet as we received one or two glances from our fellow patrons while we ate a hearty breakfast. She headed off to work afterwards, leaving me with time to fill, so I headed out of the gates and into the surrounding countryside. I'd explored it before but it had been a long time since I'd spent time in the area.

I didn't have to wait long until it was time. Maven was obviously sending messages to the approaching legions, which were being replied to. I was in the Bee and Barb four days after my arrival when I was summoned to her manor. She was in her study, taking a seat opposing her as she passed across a letter. The instructions were fairly simple.

Take Riften that evening. Ensure minimum civilian casualties. To signify the city was now occupied by friendly forces by dawn, fire one fire arrow. If not, ensure two fire arrows are fired to warn the approaching legions.

"Looks like we're on the precipice of change, Ragnar," she stated once I handed back the letter, "The legions are camped to the west. They avoided coming through Shor's Stone to avoid the fort between Riften and there. That will have to be captured one the legions march north."

"I'll start organising Bryn and his people. I trust him but there are a million things that can go wrong tonight."

"I understand you don't really like using that gift of yours."

"Not against men. It's a... long story, but I don't wish to abuse my gift. It would earn the ire of the Divines. And I'm not someone who wants power."

"Yet, from what I've been told, you may end up holding it."

I gave her a glance, but the fact she would be aware of the machinations going on behind the scenes didn't come as a shock. She had the ear of the rich and powerful throughout the Empire. But I had a feeling that, given our prior relationship, she would perhaps be a voice of reason at any future Moot. If the Empire wished for me to be High King, she would vote that way.

Maven proposed a toast, but I didn't want to tempt fate. I'd been through far too much in my life by now to do something like that. So Maven simply wished me well as I left. I headed straight down to the Ratway and the Ragged Flagon, where Brynjolf was issuing final instructions. He looked at me expectantly as I gazed over his assembled teams. The plans were already in place. I was confident it would work. It would barely raise a sweat, to be honest.

But I said the words he and the others were all waiting for.

"Tonight, we move. Tomorrow morning, Riften will be in the hands of the Empire once again."


12