Dream A Little Dream Of Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I slammed into him and I heard an "oof" from him.

I made a show of putting my box down, and faked a karate pose.

"You believe you are the superior fighter but experience will show... you are not!" I stomped my foot in front of me and yelled a psuedo-karate cry.

He smiled slightly, and immediately struck a pose too.

"You forget! I have been trained in the secret arts of the Shaolin monks of Boston, young one. You are no match for me! Give up now and there will be no bloodshed."

I yelled as I rushed him. I heard a giggle on the offsides, and I showed off a little more for her. We went through a slightly coordinated fight based on our favorite karate movie and let out yells here and there. We always took turns dying, and he must've thought I needed to win this time because he took it easier on me and when I fake-punched his chest, he contorted his body, crumpling to the ground in defeat.

"You are my better, Moriah-san... Please! If you ever face my sensei, let him live. He was as... a father to me."

I bowed to him in acceptance.

"Thank you." He died with an over-the-top twitch.

Suzie clapped as the scene came to a close. Jesse got up, and we both bowed in exaggeration.

"You both are nuts but very entertaining. Can we please get back to work now, though?"

"Oh yeah, sure!"

"Chop chop!"

We went back to loading everything and unloading at her house. She actually drove her nice luxury SUV and we made it all in one trip.

I was setting up the giant bookshelf with all my favorite books, and admired how the wooden structure took up most of the tiny wall. Jesse was having snacks in the kitchen as he took a break, and Suzie was serving him.

------

"You're doing the opposite of what I asked you to do, Suzie." He said to her back.

She froze for a second in the middle of pouring him a glass of milk for his cookies.

"I asked you to choose one way or the other, not go further and further into this weird gray area." He continued relentlessly.

"I only want what's best for her, Jess. She needs to be doing what she loves already."

"Yes, and this can all be a brilliant idea or crash and burn and leave her a million times more broken than her last breakup."

"I only want to push her to keep writing. Then after that..." she trailed off.

"What exactly? What are your plans, Suz? Please enlighten me."

"Just, give me some more time, Jess! I don't know!"

"You better damn well be sure sometime in this century, Suzie, because I warned you not to fuck with my friend."

"I'm not! I just want her to be okay. But I'm not ready to let her go, all right?" She hugged herself, and Jesse sighed.

"What are we having for lunch today? I kind of wanted--" Moriah came through the back door and into the kitchen.

"What's--going on?" She looked back and forth between Jesse and Suzie's stern faces.

"Nothing. You want lunch?" Suzie asked quickly.

"Yeah, that'd be cool."

"Okay." She walked into the hallway.

Moriah gave a bewildered stare to Jesse and he shrugged, munching on his cookies. She stole some cookies and eventually they all went out to lunch together.

----

The next five months were a rollercoaster of emotions. It was awesome to be around Suzie outside of work. It was further proof that we could continue to be in each other's lives outside of our company. It was mutual affection that kept bringing us together.

Our arguments now were not work related anymore, though, they were much more personal; there were a few nights I drove over to Jesse's, angrily, to vent about whatever our stupid fight was about.

"She says I'm not applying myself. What the hell? As if she knows what the creative process is like!"

He was lounging in his gaudy robe, drinking wine, and letting me vent.

"She doesn't know that I have to find inspiration first and then the words come. I can't have a 9 to 5 creative job! What if I wake up in the middle of the night and feel inspired to write? Should I just say, 'no, sorry! I'm off the clock'?"

"No, you can write when you're inspired." He said calmly.

"Thank you!" I flopped down on the couch, losing some of my steam.

"She has a point though. You are a procrastinator."

I flipped my head around to glare at him.

"You've been procrastinating for years, Mor. What makes you think you'll break out of the habit in a couple of months?"

"I have the time! I have ALL the time. I should be able to write whenever I want."

"It's not the same thing." He pursed his lips, and I was getting frustrated.

"What?"

"See, I find that if I schedule time, are in a peaceful mood, and push myself into a creative headspace, things start to come out. It may not be spectacular, but it's producing. Everyone needs structure, Mor. Even artists."

I frowned and crossed my arms.

"Try to look at it from her perspective. One who's only ever been on a schedule. That's the way to get results. Having goals and working hard towards them, these are not bad qualities."

I uncrossed my arms, starting to see his point.

"When you talk to her, try to be more neutral even if you don't agree, because she not being malicious. This is coming out a place of love, that's why she says it."

That floored me and I gaped at him. He just raised his eyebrow and took another sip of his glass.

Other things popped up here and there of the same, and it was mostly my fault, I'll admit. But with a dash of her using a tone coupled with the same short temper I had. Also a slight unwillingness from us both to cede to the other out of pride. It caused Jesse start to dread seeing my name on his caller ID.

----

I stepped through the back door and into the kitchen.

"Mor? That you? Thank god! I'm starving. Can you make me a sandwich, please?" She whined out the last word in a pleading voice from inside the open fridge.

I waited until she turned around, blinking and breathing mindfully.

"What's up?" She froze in front of me as she saw my face.

I had my manuscript in my hands, and I was almost speechless. "I think I'm done."

"What?" She spoke softly.

"I'm done. I mean, it needs work but I've taken it as far as I can by myself for the most part."

She approached me slowly then stared down at the thing. She stretched her hands out, and took it from me. I had a moment of panic when she slipped it from my fingers, and had an impulse to snatch it back.

She didn't open it though, she just looked at the title and my name underneath. She weighed it in her hands, and flipped it to look at it from each side. When she was done with her inspection, she handed it back.

"Wow! So, what's next?" She sat down, and I copied her.

"I--uh--get a publisher to make it? I think I have to pay since no one will probably front it."

"Don't you need an agent first?"

"I don't know! I didn't think I'd actually finish!" I squeezed and shook the block of paper in my hands in a fit of emotion.

"Okay, okay! We can call someone!"

"Who Suzie?"

"Geez, I don't know. Didn't you go to school for this? You should know!"

"Oh, right. Okay, let me call MacArthur, my old professor, he's published."

"Okay, let's do that!" She put her hands in her lap and smacked her thighs.

I looked at her enthusiasm and smiled widely. I laughed a short bark out then got up to make her a sandwich.

"Mor? What are you doing? Let's call your friend!"

"Hold on, let me make a sandwich."

"FORGET the sandwich!"

I went to stand in front of her, and she took a shaky step back.

I could feel my eyes blazing at her, only at her.

"Why? Aren't you hungry?" I spoke with a tiny grin, and stalked a little closer.

"Yeah, but the book..." She looked all over my face quickly.

"I mean, I've been writing this particular book for four years and then eight years of failed half-assed attempts before that."

She took another step back.

"So in light of all that, would you like turkey or ham?" I was moving in a tiny sway, and she hardly noticed how much closer I'd gotten.

Her butt hit the island, and she jumped. She looked at my eyes and I couldn't read her eyes or face. It still screamed deer-in-the-headlights, but I couldn't see beyond that.

My face was inches from hers, and I wished I could caress her soft skin. I wasn't touching her at all but I ached to feel her body press against mine.

"Ham." She answered quietly.

"Okay. Provolone or Havrati cheese?" My mouth hovered closer, and her mouth opened slightly.

"Uh. Provolone."

I hummed lightly and tensed my jaw, enjoying the last few seconds of proximity to look at the details of her lips and lines around her mouth. I knew I was pushing the envelope but I was so damn excited, I started to want more. Sex, intimacy, to do something nuts.

"Excellent!" I spun around, waited a beat, and continued the circle all the way back to get in her space again. She jumped again when I clapped my hands together loudly, and she gripped the marble countertop behind her. "Oh! Almost forgot! Arugula or romaine?"

Her composure broke, and she smiled slightly as she answered, "Arugula, please!"

I grinned lopsidedly and turned to continue gathering the ingredients.

"Oh, Mor?" I hummed in question as she moved behind me to spy on what I was doing. "Can you put olives in it? Onions? Avocado?"

"Sure thing, love."

"And the chipotle mayo spread I like?"

"Course, I was already gonna do that!"

"Yay! Ooh! Can we make mimosas?" She was already heading to the wine fridge. "You know, to celebrate?"

"Of course!"

She proceeded to make a whole picnic and insisted on eating outside. I called Jesse and just told him to come over. He almost cried when I told him the news in person, the softy.

We celebrated well into the night with pizza and a lot more wine. We forgot to call my friend and had to do it the next day.

*********************

"My old professor connected me with an agent. Hated the guy! He totally wanted to bleed me dry." Our table was still listening intently.

"Ugh, yeah! He was shifty." Suzie backed me up.

"But then, I bumped into a disgruntled client of his, and we bonded. A week later, he called me to say he found an awesome editor with a good network, and gave me the contact info for Sully here! The rest is history."

"Aww, but you didn't tell us the part where you got together!" Patricia whined.

"Yeah, Mor! Is your book more important than us?" Suz crossed her arms, and there were titters that went around the table.

"Uh, no, darling. I just think I've monopolized quite a bit of our night and wanted to offer a way out, you know?"

She narrowed her eyes at me in suspicion but let it go. "You're very right. You've been talking too much."

"You two are very cute." Thomas' voice rumbled, and he surprised me for the second time that night.

"Thank you, Thomas! We certainly think so." I got shoved by her for that one. "Either way, if you would like to continue this another night we'll be happy to have you for dinner, back home."

"Ooh, yes! I heard you make an amazing duck, Moriah. Is that true?"

"I'm not one to brag, Fernanda." I winked and grinned at her.

She laughed.

I could feel Suzie's eye roll and didn't need to see it. "It actually is really good." She admitted as she sipped her wine.

"It's a date! Sully, you think Brenda can make it?"

"I'm sure she'd love to."

"Excellent!"

----

We left about a half hour after that and got to our room around eleven that night.

She took off her coat and came to take mine off too. She pushed me against the island and ran her hands over my front, raising a leg along my hip. I gripped her knee and kept it high up.

She breathed into my mouth as we floated around each other.

"You happy?" She whispered as her eyes danced.

"So happy. But you know, you're the most important." I pulled her into me by her knee.

"You're the most important to me too." Her hand touched my jaw and ran her other behind my head to grip my hair. She pulled me into her and our mouths moved together. Her hot breath was better than the dinner we had. It came into my lungs and was more substantial than any other nourishment.

"Now I'm extra happy!" I pushed my hips into her as I pulled at her knee, and she laughed as my lips touched her hot neck. I took my phone and put on The Mamas and the Papas, "Dream a Little Dream of Me." I nudged her off me, and held my hand out.

She smiled and took it. I twirled her to the suite living room then pushed the coffee table to one side.

We danced, close together, slowly, and then picking up with the song to a crescendo.

"But in your dreams, whatever they be, dream a little dream of me." I crooned in her ear, holding her hand to my chest and floating close to her face.

She kissed me near the end of the song, and I held her tightly. The sax intro to Careless Whisper started through the speakers. She looked at me, then dug her face in my shoulder, stifling her laughter.

I chuckled as I kept swaying us. "I'm sorry about that. That escalated quickly."

"You know, I danced to this song with a boy, unironically, in the 80s."

"Was it that jock boyfriend of yours, Kris?"

"Yes, actually! I thought he was hotter than George Michael."

"Wow! High praise." I twirled her, and she spun back in my arms.

She looked in my eyes and frowned.

"What?"

"No. I don't know." She whispered.

I raised an eyebrow.

"It's just a little trippy."

I raised both eyebrows now.

"I love you. You're a girl. I'm a lesbian."

Her orientation was relatively recent to her since it came a bit from left field. She always vacilllated between speaking about her attraction to men in the past and now women, mostly centered around me in the present. I would have always labeled her as bisexual in my head, but never, ever said it out loud. She was whoever she wanted to be, and could call herself whatever she wanted.

"You are a huge lesbian!" I agreed with her playfully since she said it first.

She giggled.

"Like stupid gay."

"Rainbow Rug Muncher!" She agreed, matching my tone.

"Sapphic Goddess!"

"Fanny Fiddler!"

"Vagetarian!"

She scrunched up her nose at that one, and I grinned at her.

I kissed her because, what else is there to say?

Expressions of undying love are unnecessary.

You love each other harder every day.

You don't take things for granted.

You forgive each other.

Then decades later, when one of you passes, there will have never been a need to say, "I'll never leave you." Because there's not anything anyone can do about that type of leaving.

She walked backward through the French doors of the suite and crooked her finger at me. Her hair was partially in her face and she was oozing sex with every slinky step.

"Coming, lover? Maybe you can unleash some of that big dick energy on me." She grinned wickedly.

I smiled as I approached her. Taking her by the hips, I sat her down at the foot of the bed. My phone was still singing my make out playlist out and I took my suit jacket off, setting it on the chair. She leaned back on her palms and watched.

I took off my cuff links and made eye contact with her.

Taking my vest off, I started to roll my body to the beat of the bass. I untucked my shirt and brought up my tank and shirt in front of her, exposing my front a little bit. She held her hand out and laid it on my skin as I rolled in front of her. I touched my sides with my hands and brought them down teasingly to my thighs.

My muscles twitched under her fingers and she scratched at the skin there. I loosened my tie and snapped it off myself, looping it over her head and pulling her close. I floated my mouth over hers and pulled away when she tried to close the distance.

"Didn't your mama ever teach you not to kiss them on the mouth?" I teased, and she groaned in frustration as I pulled away.

I undid a few more buttons from the bottom of my shirt and kept touching myself, going as far as cupping my center. The setting amped up my arousal and even that small touch over my pants was molten lava that made my body twitch in between the undulating rolls.

She shifted her legs, and took off her own shoes.

I finished unbuttoning my shirt and tossed it to the side.

I held the hem of my tank and pulled it side to side, teasing higher and higher. I slipped it off and turned around to unsnap my bra. Turning back around, I took off the black bra and touched my breasts.

She huffed out and tensed her jaw. I looked at her hands, and they were twitching on the covers.

I drew near and rolled in front of her, holding her jaw tenderly.

She laid her hands gently on my hips.

I unbuckled my belt and tossed it to the side, she touched my breasts as I unzipped my pants. The slacks came down just enough to show the top of my landing strip and she traced my pelvis with her fingers.

"Oh, fuck. Mor, you're sexy." She gripped the bones of my hips and kissed right under my bellybutton.

I held her head gently and extricated myself to turn around in front of her to move the hem of my pants and boxers down my ass, teasing at the small roundness and my crack.

She grabbed at me again and kissed the tops of my cheeks. "I want you." She said breathlessly.

She finished taking off my pants and I stepped out of them. Taking my hips, she threw me back on the bed and stood to take her clothes off quickly.

She crawled between my legs and I gripped her lovely ass, pressing my fingers in.

She stole her kiss finally, and when she took a breath, I sighed out in contentment.

She kissed my neck and lavished my chest with attention. I arched up as she sucked on a nipple.

"Geez!"

Kissing my belly, she kept going and took a tiny bit of hair from my landing strip between her teeth and pulled.

"Oh fuck!"

She opened my legs wide and licked up and down my lips, digging into my cleft alternately. Her mouth hummed over my clit and it was lovely waves of pleasure radiating everywhere.

She left me suddenly, and I looked at her through a fog of arousal.

"I want to wear Liam tonight."

"Yes, please." My mouth went dry.

I watched as she took the flesh-colored cock and our harness from her luggage. She strapped herself in smoothly.

"Your boxers don't fit me, sorry."

"No worries at all! You're so hot."

She affixed the dildo in the slot and got the lube before coming back to me.

As she was lubing it up, she looked in my eyes. "Enjoying the view?" She teased.

"So much."

She maintained eye contact as she took my hand and led it to the cock.

I pulled it and her hip toward me. My calves hooked over her thighs and she leaned down to kiss me. I slipped Liam inside me and whimpered into the kiss.

She moved back and forth a tiny bit, putting more and more inside me. I slipped my hands over her neck and my kisses became sloppy as her hands ran over my breasts and thighs.

She swiped her fingers over my clit and I felt a warm gush of arousal help the dildo slide in and out. I squeezed my walls over rubber and the pressure radiated through my pelvis. The heat flared around my ass cheeks and in my neck. I moved my hips quickly, impaling myself.

"God, Mor. You don't like slow and steady, do you?"

"No, please fuck me."

"Call me daddy."

I separated to look at her.

"Unless you don't want to!" She said in panic.

"No, no! That's so hot!" I clarified quickly. Her demanding something from me wasn't unusual. But this was for my pleasure (mostly) and she was so powerful, so sexy.

I looked in her eyes and we danced on the edge of some kind of precipice. As much as I've pushed her sexually in the past, she had no mercy on me on everything else; my writing, my vain personality, and even my health with her stupid healthy eating and exercise.