All Comments on 'Dreams & Nightmares'

by ttt59

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

We should all be so lucky!

5

Galama88aGalama88aabout 1 year ago

I hope there will be a full flesh story after this

OPrimeOPrimeabout 1 year ago

Pleas edit your writing

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Nice morality play

5 stars

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Average story, but it is a 750 after all

3/5

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 1 year ago

Your dream husband was more of a man than most of the poor cucks on LW. Good story, short and to the point. 5 stars.

patilliepatillieabout 1 year ago

NIce homage to A Christmas Carol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

We are told at the beginning that the wife finds everything about her husband irritating, But we re given no explanation about how this came about. Thing like this don't just 'happen'; there are causes. Hormone imbalance? Menopause? Emotional illness? Without knowing a cause, the rest of the story is pointless. The dreams simply become a 'deus ex machina'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

'reprocussions' is not a word.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 1 year ago

This is fantasy I like. Still pure fantasy, those that cheat, cheat. Remorse is for getting caught and how others will see them afterwards. I don't believe a nightmare would stop a person who intends to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Okay, I guess, for a short story. But I had a difficult time imagining her in heals, or the husband starring at her infidelity. Thankfully, here dreams saved her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good! Tracie had the sense/luck to let the consequences of any affair overtake her lust.

.

5 *****

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

Ebineezer scrooge, decent application

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

about the only 750 that’s not BTB, so a winner in my book.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

Loved it. Like ‘A Christmas Carol’, her life, past, present, and future.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

I really like a wake up story.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Nice try at a slightly different take.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

Meh.

Did she cheat? No. Was she going to? Possibly. But in the end, she dolled up for the husband not for lust or desire for him. But to somehow "make it up" to him. This makes her gesture dishonest.

Bitch is damaged goods..

Frank66Frank66about 1 year ago

A short, short story that seems complete. Amazing.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

5 Stars, Great Writing, Great Story, Great Morality. Very good writing for 750 words especially! Thanks for the effort. I love a happy ending. thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best 750ers here.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Wish this story played out more often in real life. I guess “Father Fidelity “ can only be so many places at once. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

But for how long? Will she think she smart enough to get away with screwing some other guy or will she remember the last dream until she dies?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

SO MANY ERRORS IN SUCH A SHORT PIECE, NOT EVEN A STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done. A dream at night makes cheating take flight.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 1 year ago

5****, Very original.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

You always can tell who the incels are, like EdgeOfSundown. LOL

AethurAethurabout 1 year ago

I remember this one story (haven't been able to find it in awhile) where the wife uses her 'celebrity hall pass' and tells her hubby about it, thinking it would be okay. Bad things ensure for her, as her plots and schemes only backfire. It turns out that everything following her using the hall pass was a prophetic dream, so she ended up not telling her hubby (to avoid him leaving her for someone else).

I'm generally not a fan of supernatural stuff in LW stories, but I can still appreciate them for the story. This story doesn't really interest me, but that doesn't take away that it's a good story. Would love to know why the wife felt she deserved to cheat, or why her hubby's been irritating her so much (other than typical _I'm getting old_ tropes). Thanks for sharing it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My wife of 31 years has vivid dreams, and in many of them she talks in her sleep. I have been privy to most of the stresses and strains that have beleaguered her over the years--some of which involved our marriage. She has (almost) always shared with me when her dreams involved a romantic or sexual relationship with someone else--from fellow co-workers to Jon Hamm of "Mad Men". Though I never saw the attraction that actor held for her, I took it under advisement to see what in our marriage turned her mind that way. We both knew why the two bosses she felt attracted to attracted her--power/control/gravitas. I understood that attraction--it's what drew her to ME those long years ago, and why she has stayed even though I no longer wield much of any of those as our professional lives are pretty much behind us. But the memory of what brought us together lingers, and she is still the most stunning, intelligent, and creative person I've ever known. Above all else I feel tremendously blessed that she has shared her life with me. Though both our bodies have changed over the years, our love has not--mostly because we ALWAYS communicated our feelings--good and bad--and our wants and needs.

Our relationship has not been without its bad moments and we have struggled as all couples do to give each other what we need when we need it. Three decades and four children later our love is not the same as it once was--but it is just as deep.

What I see in this wonderful story you have gifted us with is the reality of truly loving relationships. No relationship is ever entirely free of distractions and temptations. Your heroine eventually saw clearly what she had--and what she had to lose. She made a decision EVERYONE should support, especially knowing that none of us sail through life without facing some variation of her conflict.

Kudos on a great story. More please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Grammatical errors detract from the score, 4 stars.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Her dream turned into a nightmare that saved her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good enough for 5 stars. Thanks for posting.

Bargyn1Bargyn1about 1 year ago

plausable liked the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dan stood on the bedroom doorway looking at his "slutty" looking wife and he knew. The harpish way she had been treating him lately and now the guilty look she tried to cover up by looking "sexy" confirmed his suspicions. He brokenly sighed " Why Tracie? ", turned and left the room.

tnoldguytnoldguyabout 1 year ago

Good story. Her subconscious worked through her frustrations and showed her the consequences of her contemplated actions. 5🌟

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

Well that's a lie isn't it ImNotaAnon, nothing in your profile, you might as well be. I'd bet you probably have a half dozen accounts on here. Such a sad, pathetic excuse of carbon base life form.

You can go back to searching for kiddie porn now, while your sister tosses my salad...

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

Anyone who has read my opinions knows I think the 750-word stories mostly are a waste of time. This one worked. 5-stars. I can't explain why except maybe because like most dreams, they are disjointed and make little sense but if you study them then sometimes a little insight can be discovered. Our subconscious mind sometimes burns through like the sun on a foggy day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A novel idea, very well executed. Perhaps a little TOO demonstrative (tell us the dreams; don't tell us what they mean - we ARE able to think 😉).

But full points anyway.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 1 year ago

750 of the most important words that I have ever read. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sugar Ray Robinson once had a dream the night before his scheduled bout , in his dream he unintentionally killed his opponent. Waking up in a cold sweat he refused to fight, the promoters and trainers all tried to talk him in to it despite the dream , still refusing the brought in some priests who convinced him to fight as it was just a dream . But his dream proved prophetic and his opponent did die . Tragedy struck because he let others influence him and change his decision. Wish you all sweet dreams

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am not sure why the author mentions that she has been feeling irritated by her husband and his actions lately.

This may have caused her to have the erotic dream about a male at her work who she finds hot.

Most of us have erotic dreams about a fantasy lover or maybe a celebrity, and most of us at some time will look at a member of the opposite sex and think they are hot.

Because of the way she has been feeling about her husband of late she wonders if she should make the dream a reality, the following dreams were probably from feeling guilty about the dream or maybe her thoughts after she woke.

The next day, still feeling guilty she decides to give her husband some hot sex.

I am just not sure that is going to stop her from finding her husband irritating, I am thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to see a Doctor, I am a male, i don't know much about menopause etc but I know they say a big change comes over women during it.

The thing that comes to my mind is if she has been showing her irritation and hubby has probably noticed it and suddenly changes and showers him with love/sex, well if he reads stories like the ones on this site he would be straight out looking for a PI to find who she is having an affair with.

Because even though she hasn't had an affair her actions would make hubby suspicious if he reads these stories, they are right out of the cheaters handbook.

If I was her I would be telling hubby I have realised that lately I have been very crabby with you and I am going to see a Doctor and find if something is wrong, and probably invite him to go withher

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

yes for now ,but with a whore another dream will follow , she might not be able to save her self whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it, but the spelling mistakes made it hard to read, and interrupted the flow. I gave it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Heels: backs of feet, types of shoes

Heals: cures, gets better

An interesting story shot down by clumsy writing. I agree with others the issue of how she would deal with those little irritations should have been addressed, though tough to take care of everything in 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She wanted to cheat, but didn’t. As do 90% of women, on any given day....

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

A great story with an original story line⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Creative. Her subconscious mind worked through the outcomes.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Original

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hey she was tempted. But her mind worked it, showing the consequences. Realized what she was putting at risk. She stopped, aborted the planned fling and decided to fix their marriage. While it is disappointing thatbshebgot to that point, she did stop before jumping off the cliff. That has to mean something. Would have been curious yo know how much of an emotional affair (if any) she had before she planned to screw thr young guy. Sounds like was flirting and made some minimal contact. Sounds like she was more wrestling with the idea of an affair and her dreams showed her a likely future.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A great effort with only 750 words. The power of conscience and an understanding of consequences.

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Nice story!!!! Really well done!!!

Fjmax6Fjmax610 months ago

Great story, we got BTB yet it was all a dream and she did not fall to temptation but instead ended up romancing her husband.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Anytime somebody saying or thinking "excitement", or just a fling, or "just sex", or "her needs" - just translate it as selfish, and arrogant, and narcissistic. It comes out the same. It's just adultery and infidelity, no matter what kind of spin you want to put on it...

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

very nice, thanks 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written story. The use of spell check kind of tripped you up. With inappropriate word replacement in several places.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The skank Tracie was saved

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld7 months ago

Dreams are important. We need to listen to them.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Great story! With a happy ending for once! I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very nice story but too thin. Needed to be more.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"reprocussions"

Lololol

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's one thing to be attracted to someone and be tempted. It's another to start thinking, "maybe I deserve this" and actually start entertaining thoughts of betrayal to satisfy selfish desires that you know would destroy those you love. I guess in the end the real difference between wives that end up cheating and those that stay loyal is simply a matter of their character. If they aren't selfish bitches and have strength in their convictions with regards to their vows, they'll do just fine; else betrayal is only a matter of time.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

partial sto...

rbloch66rbloch662 months ago

A non-Christmas carol. Good story.

shadrachtshadrachtabout 2 months ago

Amazing job for a 750 word story. You encompassed everything, and even managed to end it on a happy note, with her regretting her fantasies and not having breached any boundaries. 5*

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Good thing she woke up.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Good, except that in the real world these women are more selfish and narcissistic than your character and would not be likely to give up their wants even if they recognized the situation correctly...

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Silly but well done Original

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous