Dreams Come True

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm here. Beverly, it's so nice to meet you." Nadine had stepped from the hallway and extended her hand.

Beverly hesitated for a split second, taking in Nadine's appearance, then grabbed her hand and yanked her forward, wrapping her into a hug.

"Oh, dear, it's so good to meet you finally!" Beverly leaned back for a second and examined Nadine's face. "You're even more beautiful than I expected! Please, call me Ma."

"I, oh, thank you.. Bev- er, Ma." Nadine's voice faltered for a second.

"Mo-ther, please, you're scaring her." Kain's deep laugh rumbled from across the room.

"Oh balderdash. Kain, you've got a keeper."

"I know Ma. That's why I'm moving, remember?"

"Well, you just get rid of your apartment, because if you don't keep her, I'll never speak to you again."

Nadine sputtered a horrified laugh, and then the door flew open again. It was Kain's father, Forrest. She was again wrapped in a hug, and this man was as big as a tree. He had to top six-foot-three, and he was as sturdy as the trunk of an ancient oak.

The older couple went to work in the kitchen, putting things they'd brought in the oven, putting a bag of ice in the freezer, then Beverly waved Kain and Nadine out of their way.

"Your dad's name really suits him. I think he bruised my ribs." Nadine said, under her breath.

"Doesn't it though? I'll take ya to the E.R. later." Kain kissed her temple as they laughed.

From there, the afternoon turned into a flurry of movement. After Kain's siblings and spouses arrived with all their children, Nadine lost all hope of ever remembering everyone's name. Finally the table was set, drinks were poured, food was served, and it grew silent for a few minutes while everyone dug in. Then the questions began.

Nadine felt like she was in front a firing squad. Questions that ranged from 'where do you work' to 'what was your favorite pastime as a child'. Being an only child, this was the most chaotic thing she had ever been through. And she realized she loved every minute of it. Everyone was so in tune with each other, and could almost anticipate what someone was going to say. At that moment, she decided she would happily have ten of Kain's children, so they could grow up surrounded by love and affection, as well as the good natured teasing that this family so enjoyed.

Finally the focus fell from her, and Nadine was able to relax a little. She laughed at their jokes, chimed in when she got the chance, and just basically had a wonderful time. Kain reached over and gave her thigh a squeeze under the table. She looked over at him, and he was all smiles.

"See? I told ya."

"You did. They're magnificent." Nadine smiled.

Kain was so pleased that everyone was on their best behavior. From his father to the six month old baby. And the way Nadine's face was lit up... it was priceless.

The meal was mostly done, and when a split second lull fell, Nadine spoke up.

"Would anyone like coffee?"

Several people said they did, so Nadine stood and headed to the kitchen. She was slightly surprised that they all could fit in this apartment, but with some careful maneuvering she made it through into the kitchen and started the coffee. She stayed in the relative silence while it brewed, listening with a smile to the conversation still flowing through the dining and living rooms.

Kain's sisters, Amity and Golda came through the doorway, their arms laden with plates. Nadine jumped out of their way, since she had been leaning against the sink.

"Need any help?" Amity asked.

"Nope, just watching it brew." Nadine smiled.

"Listen, we just wanted to tell you- we really like you. And we think you're going to be wonderful for our big brother."

"Yeah, you fit in with us, better than anyone else he's ever brought around." Golda smiled.

"And the fact you didn't bolt when we all crashed through the door, well, that's given ya plenty of extra credit." Amity laughed, then impulsively stepped forward, wrapping Nadine in a hug.

Nadine was surprised for a second, then quickly returned the friendly gesture.

"I think it will be nice, having sisters." Nadine leaned back and smiled.

Then Golda stepped in, and they all hugged each other at the same time. At that point, the sister-in-law, Lynn walked in.

"Hey! No sisterly love without me! It took me longer to waddle myself in here!"

Golda extended an arm. "Get your round ass over here then!"

At that point the four women stood with their arms around each other, laughing. And that's how the men found them. However, the men abruptly turned, set the dishes they were carrying either in Beverly's arms, or back on the table.

That started a fresh round of laughter, and when Beverly dumped the dishes in the sink and grabbed on to her girls too, it sent them through the roof. Finally they broke apart, and each claimed a duty. Amity scraped food off the dishes into the disposal, Golda washed and rinsed, Lynn dried and put away. Beverly went back to straighten the table and bring the rest of the dirty dishes in, and Nadine poured and served the coffee.

In the living room the children played, and in the dining room the adults sipped their coffee and talked. And so it went through the late afternoon and evening. Finally, around nine o'clock the families started packing up, ready to head back to their respective houses.

After the good-bye's and when the door shut for the last time, the silence was almost deafening.

"Good Lord." Nadine slumped against the wall.

"They loved you. I have never seen them love someone so much." Kain laughed and headed to the bedroom.

"I loved them too. There are so many! How did everyone get in this apartment?" Nadine followed, flipping off lights.

"Very carefully." Kain laughed and changed into his pj's while Nadine went to the bathroom.

"They're great Kain. Just wonderful. I'm glad they liked me." Nadine changed while Kain was in the bathroom.

She was in bed, flipping through channels when Kain came out. Her eyes were already drooping.

"They really wore ya out, didn't they?" He laughed as he crawled into bed.

"My head is going to spin for a week. Luckily my family isn't so large or I might not make it tomorrow." Nadine laughed and snuggled up to his side.

"I hope they like me as much as my family liked you."

"Oh, they will. They're going to love you." Nadine kissed his shoulder and shut her eyes.

Kain gave her a quick squeeze, she snuggled closer, and after only a few minutes the remote fell from her hand and she was breathing deeply. Kain smiled. God, how he loved her.

~*~

Sunday morning came way too early. Kain woke Nadine up at six-thirty, and after a quick shower and a cup of coffee, they hit the road. Kain had already loaded the truck, so Nadine was along for the ride.

"Hey, honey, I was thinking."

"What's that?"

"Well, after our 'trial period', would you be interested in maybe looking for a house?"

Nadine turned to look at Kain. "I.. well, I hadn't thought about it."

"Well, you're just renting, and that's where you and Don lived together, and I just thought we could look into buying, and it would be a place of our own, that isn't tainted with any kind of memories."

"I think that would be a great idea. And we could move closer to the middle. You know, maybe twenty minutes away? That way it would be fair to both of us with our drive to work. Then our families could each come see us without a long drive ahead of them."

"Really? Nadine, you're something. Are you okay with that?" Kain reached over and took her hand.

"I am. I think it sounds wonderful." Nadine brushed her thumb back and forth across the top of his hand.

The rest of the day passed quickly. They made three trips back and forth, and finally Kain was officially moved in. The only thing he left at the apartment was the furniture. But if they did find a house, they might need it for a spare room. They decided it could stay for now. They were due at Nadine's parent's house at five-thirty, and it was just after three. Kain started unpacking some things, but if they were really going to move, he kept most things boxed up, and shoved them in the spare room upstairs.

They both felt gross from the hauling, so they took showers, then Nadine threw ham sandwiches together for their late lunch. She was going to starve to death if she waited until it was time to go to her parents.

As they munched on their food, Nadine flipped on her computer. She hadn't checked her email for a week. Kain was in the laundry room ironing his shirt for dinner, since he had polished off his sandwich in five bites. Nadine was on her last bite as she opened her inbox. The usual spam, junk, ads, sprinkled with forwarded messages from her friends and family.

One message about leapt off the screen. It was from Don.

"That's random." Nadine deleted all the junk, looked at all the forwards, then highlighted the one from Don.

"You okay?" Kain had come into the room and noticed the look on her face.

"Yeah.. Well, maybe. Probably. Look." Nadine gestured at the screen.

"Him?"

"Yeah."

"Open it. See what he has to say. But he can't have you back." Kain laughed, but it wasn't open and throaty. It was tight, like someone was pressing on his windpipe.

"Oh, that's the last thing you have to worry about. Let's see what the shmuck has to say." She double clicked.

'Nadine,

I know you probably still hate me. But I love you, and I never stopped. You never let me explain. She meant nothing, and in fact I fired her. I can't believe I let that happen. I'm sorry. Rumor has it you're seeing someone, and he's moving in. Please, let me come back. I can't stand the thought of you with someone else. You're my soul mate. I love you. You have to still love me, I couldn't bear it if you don't. Meet me Sunday night at our restaurant at eight o'clock. I miss you.

Love,

Your asshole ex.'

Nadine sat back from the computer, and bumped her shoulder against Kain's hip. She didn't realize he was standing that close. A glance up at his face revealed a muscle ticking in his jaw.

"I cannot believe the nerve of that guy." She scanned it once more and gave a disgusted snort. "He didn't get to apologize because I threatened him with coming with me to pick out his casket."

"Did you really?" Kain snapped out of his anger and gave her a lopsided smile.

"I did. Then I pitched the engagement ring at him and hit him right under the eye. It was marvelous." Nadine grinned.

"Remind me never to make you mad."

"No kidding." Nadine hit the reply button and read out loud as she typed.

'Don,

Go straight to hell. I don't love you, I do hate you, and I'm not meeting you anywhere. I obviously wasn't your soul mate, because you don't do that to someone you care about. Please, do not contact me again.'

"There. That settles it." Nadine hit send and Kain laughed.

"You're a hard woman."

"I know it. He never deserved me. However, on the other hand..."

"What?"

"There's a guy I know that does." Nadine looked up and smirked.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. He's good looking, tall, strong, handsome, sexy and he makes my heart do flip flops."

"Really? Sounds like a great guy."

"Oh, he is." Nadine turned in her chair and wrapped her arms around Kain's waist.

Kain's eyes snapped shut and he tried to calm his body's reaction. It didn't work.

"Kain, I know you've been taking the gentleman's approach, and not pressured me, but I'm not comfortable making the first move. So I'm just saying that I think I'm ready for the next step, but you're going to have to initiate it, okay?"

"Consider yourself ravished." Kain smiled and raked his hands through her hair.

Tipping her face up, Kain leaned down and his lips captured hers, softly seeking. He urged her to stand, then wrapped one arm around her waist, trapping her hips to him. The difference in height didn't allow their bodies to match up as well as they could, so he took his other hand from her hair and caught her waist, lifting her, fitting them together. Nadine wrapped her arms around his shoulders, holding on as she hung there, suspended against his body.

Their kiss was never broken through the movement, and since their bodies were in sync, Kain devoted all his energy to getting to know her mouth. Her lips were full and soft, pliable, and she tasted like heaven. His lips were warm and firm, taking control, making her want. Nadine moved her legs slightly, and moaned in her throat as he pushed his hips forward, making her feel every hard inch of him. His body was as powerful as hers was soft, and her curves melted to fit against the hard planes of his torso.

Kain turned and carried her to the kitchen, setting her up on the counter. Since he didn't have to support her weight, it allowed his hands free range of motion. While her fingers sifted through his hair, his hands explored her hips and lower back, then slipped down to stroke her ass. She hummed in her throat, but his hands moved on, testing the shape and feel of her thighs and waist, then hesitated at her rib cage, halted under her breasts. The anticipation was killing her, but he wasn't making a move to go further.

Nadine's hands moved from his hair, slid down his arms and grasped his wrists. Pulling up, she slid his hands to cover her breasts, and that was all he needed. His thumbs brushed over her nipples, bringing the already hard peaks into tight little buds. He cupped her fullness, pressed up, testing the weight of her breasts. They weren't obscenely large, but they were more than a handful. Kain groaned and pulled his mouth from hers, then moved to catch the bottom of her shirt, pushing it up, baring her chest to his gaze. Her bra was made of almost sheer silk, and he dipped his head down, catching one nipple between his teeth.

Nadine gasped and arched her back, letting her hands rest on the counter behind her. She braced herself even as her position thrust her chest out, giving Kain better access. With her nipple still trapped, he flicked his tongue across it, wringing whimpers of delight from his love. Moving, he gave the same attention to the neglected nipple, hearing Nadine's shattered breathing. Kain pulled back. He had dampened her bra, and her nipples were plainly visible through the white material. In the few seconds that his heated gaze took her in, Nadine reached back and unhooked the offending garment, stripping off her shirt also.

"You are so beautiful.. God, you're perfect." Kain leaned in and pressed a kiss to her cleavage.

"Kain.." Nadine extended her arms and tugged his shirt from his pants.

His fully muscled chest and stomach were revealed, having the slightest covering of hair. His waist tapered into his jeans, and Nadine could make out the outline of his cock that was straining to break free from its confinement. She leaned forward, trailing kisses over his collar bone and shoulder, her hands stroking along his sides. She reached into the middle, her fingertips running along the skin of his stomach, delighting in the feel of his muscles jumping under her touch. She laid her palm flat and slid it down over his cock, pressing into him, listening to his moan.

She had loved Don, and they'd been good together, but even in the beginning it hadn't been this good. She had never felt this slow burn, this all consuming need to be with him. With Kain, she didn't think she'd ever be able to get close enough. Every nerve ending was alive, the sensations almost too intense to stand. She had goose-bumps, and the tightness in her lower belly made her want to either press her legs together, or to pull Kain deep inside her. Maybe both. He shivered, and pressed his hips forward. Nadine moved her hand and scooted to the edge of the counter, bringing him between her legs. Kain sighed, and began rocking up against her.

Nadine clung to his shoulders, his mouth finding hers again. She whimpered as her nipples grazed his chest, tickled on the light hair they brushed against. Suddenly Kain released her.

He stood about a foot away, breathing heavily.

"We have to stop. We have to get ready and go to your parents."

Nadine glanced at the clock. It was already almost four-thirty and she still had to do her hair and make up.

"I'm sorry. I could have picked a better time to.. Ah, start that."

"Don't be sorry. I thought I was going to have to live as a monk for the rest of my life." Kain smiled, his breathing coming back under control. "I just don't want our first time together to be a quickie, ya know? When we get home.. Well, that's a different story."

"I appreciate that." Nadine hopped down and headed to the bathroom to dry her hair and finish making herself beautiful.

At her mother's house, Kain was welcomed with open arms. Nadine's mom, Margy, gave him a hug and quickly drew him into the living room to watch football with her husband, Tom. The men instantly started talking sports, and Nadine could tell her dad was impressed.

Back in the kitchen, Margy almost squealed.

"He is a handsome son of a gun, isn't he? You're going to marry him aren't you?"

"Mother! Good Lord. I have no idea." Nadine grabbed dishes from the cupboard and started setting the table.

"All I'm saying is you guys would make pretty babies. And you aren't getting any younger."

"Moootthheer."

The trio of Nadine's best friends chose that moment to arrive. Reg, Dawna and Lori were ushered in, then the introductions were made. Reg instantly took up a place with the men, and back in the kitchen Dawna informed her that if she wasn't dating Reg, she'd go after Kain herself.

Dinner was pretty quiet, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was just vastly different than how it had been with Kain's boisterous, large family. So Nadine shared the news of looking for a place, leaving out the 'buying' part. That would throw her mom into a tailspin. Her parents and friends had some questions for Kain, and he answered smoothly, never once looking flustered. He spoke of his family, and Nadine made the comment that she'd never had to remember so many names in her life.

After the meal was finished, the men returned to park their butts on the couch in front of a football game, and the women stayed in the kitchen to gossip. A short time later, Margy stood to check if the men needed any more refreshments, and Lori chimed in, asking how Kain was in bed.

Her friends were appalled that she didn't know.

"I plan on finding out tonight. So the sooner you guys leave, the sooner we can." Nadine grinned.

After being sworn to call them the next day, her friends gathered Reg from his man-football-coma, thanked her parents, expressed their happiness to meet Kain, and left. Nadine felt bad about cutting the visit short, but she was bored- she wanted to get home and get started on her night. She made herself stay one more hour, then they said their good-bye's and headed home.

"They're great people. I liked everyone a lot."

"They were boring, and don't be afraid to say it." Nadine laughed.

"I'll admit it was quiet, but I wasn't bored. It helps me learn about the woman I love." Kain lifted her hand to his mouth and kissed it.

"I know they aren't bad. I'm just antsy I think."

"Why is that?"

"I'd like to be home. We ah, made an appointment earlier, remember?"

"Oh! Right." Kain's grip tightened on the wheel.

"Did you just speed up?" Nadine suppressed a laugh.

"Maybe a little." Kain grinned. "If it makes you feel any better, I had a hard time concentrating tonight. You look wonderful."

"Thank you. So do you." Nadine rested her head against the back of the seat, content. Only a few more minutes until they were home.

Once there, they bypassed the living room and went straight to the bedroom. Kain flopped down and flipped on the TV, while Nadine grabbed clothes out of the drawer and went to the bathroom to change.