All Comments on 'Dreams of Flying'

by DustofFallenStars

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
oneagainstoneagainst7 months ago

A wonderful progression through the story. Difficult subject matter rendered weightless. Really well done with the build up and the reveal.

I'm deeply curious as to the nature of the game being played by the Hatters, swapping hats and Alices. What's the collective noun for Alices?

DustofFallenStarsDustofFallenStars7 months agoAuthor

Hi one against,

Thank you for organising this story event and allowing me to play in your wonderful Wonderland!

I'm not entirely certain about the rules of the game the Hatter's and Alice's were playing, but they seemed to all be having a most enthusiastic evening. I believe the collective noun is a Curiousity of Alices.

flynn99flynn997 months ago

LOVE this -- while I guessed where it was going, the story is powerful and the characters believable and sympathetic. Great writing. 👏

Norway_1705Norway_17056 months ago

Great! In a world full of Kardasheians, the revolutionary act is to believe that 'I am enough. "... And say it with me. I am worthy, if my master says I am worthy."

You made me think of a scene from the Marvel movie "Avengers: Endgame" (2019). Thor turned fat, depressed, addicted to video games. But suddenly the hammer reminds him that he is "still worthy". And in my memory, an instant earlier Thor had met his mother, the goddess Frigga/Freya: he's time-travelling but she notices. "You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?" "Yes, I am" (he lies). "The future has not been kind to you, has it?" He fakes a fake smile: "I didn't say I was from the future...", but the mature woman knows better: "I was raised by whitches, boy: I see with more than eyes, you know that.".

Perhaps it takes a mature woman to tell young people that true heroism is measured by becoming your true self.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDustofFallenStars@DustofFallenStars
I mostly write for myself, but am gratified that the words I write might also be enjoyed by other people. Thank you to those who took the time to rate, comment, or fave; your kind words and feedback are appreciated. ------------------------------ Avatar from Freepik https:...