All Comments on 'Drive'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 497 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is the best.

If not the best, one of the best five stories I've ever read on this site. There's really nothing more to say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesome

Really great story a welcome addition to your works here on this site 5 stars like usual.

GoneforeverGoneforeverabout 4 years ago
Nice surprise in a world full not so nice surprises right now

This was great and the guest appearance was a nice added touch. I know this is probably a one-off but I hope we see these characters again

Sex4lf57Sex4lf57about 4 years ago

Though I generally read the stories on this site for the sex, I couldn't stop reading this once I started. Even though there was minimal sex, the story was awesome! Five stars and a favorite point!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Gadzooks!

I have only read the first page and I wish the ratings went higher for this site.

I am going to thoroughly enjoy this and wanted to thank you now.

You are a developed writer and I'm grateful for this offering.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

Very nicely done.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago

Wow! That was really well done! Great plot and characters! Thanks so much for spending so much time and effort for us readers. It is appreciated!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

firstly sorry this comment is anonymous but I've never got around to registering an account. I've been reading your posts since the first of Jack's stories and wanted to let you know that this loving wives story is just as awesome as the Ben Shepherd and other fiction you've written. The pacing and character development was really impressive and definitely qualifies as a page turner. All I can ask is for you to keep writing and posting your stories here. Thank you for your writing.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 4 years ago

Admiration for Your Courage . . .

. . . In risking the wrath of the LW fans. I’ve thought for quite a while, this category needs to split into Hot Wives and Burn The B**** since there is no way for any one story to satisfy both fan bases. If one side loves it, the other side hates it. I usually steer clear of this category but if you write it, I’ll read it. Awesome! Another ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stellar!!!!!!!

That was a fantastic story. Keep writing. You have given your characters depth and personality and it's just really well done. Loved it!!!!!!

llyfrllyfrabout 4 years ago
Absolutely Brilliant

Great story well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just what I've been waiting for!

There are many good authors and stories on this sight, and I do enjoy what they each create, but none have captured me like you have. Your stories are so detailed in the characters you create, and the stories all seem to reach a spot of the fantasy that just makes me want to be a part of them, to know and associate with the characters! I have read ALL of your contributions at least 3 times over the last few years, and I never get tired of them. Please don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I have been disappointed with the event but jesus

Home run. Fucking home run

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
wow I may have a next favorite writer

very nice story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The best of the bunch, so far.

And that's saying a lot, because they have all been the best I've read at one time.

linnearlinnearabout 4 years ago
Amazing

Brilliant character development and a great story but you blew my mind with the guest appearance of VS and Ben and the ladies. I know there wasn't much sex but I think it was perfect. If you do give us a second part please have Eve at the wedding.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Excellent story, Mr. Redstone. I enjoyed it from the first word to the last.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
You excel in this genre too!

Another outstanding creation from the pen of a Master! Really enjoyed the way you laid this one out...especially bringing Ben and company in like you did!!!! Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazingly well done

nice story I love reading your work. Would be nice if Hal and Sam moved into the neiborhood

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Wow ...

I haven't read any of your other stories but I'm certainly going to now. Great day for lit and a great day for LW having added this author. Thank you very much for this really great story. 5*

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 4 years ago

Amazing story. Loved every moment of it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Could have done without Ben

I’m really depressed that Chang’s has eliminated Singapore black pepper chicken from the menu.

Positano is incredible....as is all of Amalfi.

$300k would have gone a long way to help rehabilitate and resettle those human trafficking victims.

Was riveted until Ashburn Ct intruded.

Still 5*

KayaknhKayaknhabout 4 years ago
First read of this author.

Loved it. Great plot. Great characters. Loved the monster within.

Good resolution. All good.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Great story but I wish it had been released in multiple parts.

Ironman52Ironman52about 4 years ago
Loved it.

Well written. Almost a novella.

I can wait to read the Ben Shepard stories.

tnoldguytnoldguyabout 4 years ago

I think you must have read some of Todd172’s stuff. Hal is a great character as is Sam. I love how these two wounded, imperfect, inadequate people came together and became healed, perfect and adequate. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Great work.

5*

MankeyMankeyabout 4 years ago
Keep on writing, marra

As always, every new story you put up is an event and, as a result, is to be welcomed. Whatever direction you feel your writing is taking you just believe that we will follow you on your journey. Thank you for your reticence and resilience in keeping true to your true nature

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Before

I haven't read your work previously, but after this I will be checking it ou. Just a great story, well worth the time spent reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Please do not worry about posting a story in the LW section again.You did great.

Jim

ohioohioabout 4 years ago
Tense and totally absorbing.

A great story. More violent than I'm usually comfortable with--but one has to accept that Hal's world is what it is, and God knows he's pretty damn good at living in it. Thanks so much for this long, intense tale.

ohio

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 4 years ago

Really good...but kinda too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
They don't get any better than this.

Thank you so much. Pretty sure I'll be reading this one again.

*****

p.s. letting the beast speak at the end was a very nice touch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Tour Bus

Tour Bus of Chinese in Northern Italy, and thus a pandemic begins. You have written a most timely deadly sentence tucked away in an epilogue. Intentionally?

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 4 years ago

Wow, I really enjoyed this tale. I generally don’t like loving wives stories as they hit a sore nerve for me but this was wonderful and the main character wasn’t a chump. Bumping into Ben was an awesome way to connect your worlds as well. Great job yet again.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

A great story, written well. Nicely done. Perhaps more of a romance than a loving wives tale, but I'm not complaining at all. Thanks so much for posting. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I really enjoyed it.

My only complaint is the monster. Reminded me too much of Monster from Todd172 shack series. Down to the scars.

Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8about 4 years ago

I have loved your writing for a while now. Great piece! However, I must admit that I dislike you immensly right now. Why? It's 11:30 pm, I just binge read YOUR awesome story, and I have to get up for work in 5 hours!!

Evil child. 😉

Keep up the fabulous work!

Sc8

Geon54Geon54about 4 years ago
Unneeded Assistance

I enjoyed this story, as I have most of your work. 2 items:

1) for good chunk of the story, I was thinking a good alternate title might have been "Inventory Control" (five stars, until...)

2) I usually enjoy guest appearances/crossovers, but I felt them VERY intrusive in this case, cheapening all that preceded them, and did nothing to advance the plot beyond their deus ex machina contribution. The story would have been MUCH better without them IMO. They were "clever" but they sadly disrupted the flow of a story that was doing just fine without them and was NOT helped by them. "Inventory Control" ended up being the author's flaw, not his characters. (Only 4 stars, sorry)

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 4 years ago
Incredibly well done!

I would NEVER have guessed how Sam and Hal would have ended. To be blunt, I thought he would kill her in hotel room and he would end up a raving lunatic from having done it by instinct. But how you drew both of them out, how you transformed them both little by little and how you made it all so real, so palpable, so believable...I am in awe! You are a master at this and 5 isn't enough!

ag2507ag2507about 4 years ago

Didn't quite follow all the Las Vegas linkages but was amused by the shepherding. All in all nicely done.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Great!

Loved the characters, the dark and the light, great stuff!

kapakakapakaabout 4 years ago
Thank You

Again an excellent read. Like the characters and how they interact. Would have liked a small mention about Eve at the ending, he must be really grateful to her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
On a Bad Day

On a bad day you're a great read. This was a very good day. *****

yehidi

terraknorterraknorabout 4 years ago

Wow....thank you for such an awesome story. Whether a "monster" or "dark passenger (Dexter)", an interesting look at a psychopath dealing with that side of them. I hope there will be more from Hal and Sam, but, there doesn't have to be - it would just be icing on an already great cake. Thank you for sharing the story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
This story would make a great movie ...

Fascinating read. Well done.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 4 years ago
Wow! The Best I've Read Here

Riveting story, rolling emotion, deep characters, and multiple levels. This was a little novel I couldn't put down. Thank you for this great read!

Trekfan1983Trekfan1983about 4 years ago
Awesome

That is fantastic that you included some crossover with Ben Shepard. Just absolutely perfect. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great job

Excerpt for the over-the-top Las Vegas thug scene and the introduction of the girlie ninja bodyguards/assassins (must be playing to the cuck submissive crowd here with that). That bump in the road aside, this was exceptionally well done. 5...I'd give it more if I could

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great yarn, well paced and entertaining.

Very entertaining story, well paced and you took time to let the characters develop.

Would give it a10 if I could. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sitting in an airport

Stranded temporarily by corona virus.

Then I came across this great read.

Thank you.

Wang4Wang4about 4 years ago
Outstanding.....As Usual!

Ever since I first discovered Ben S., I admit to followings this site for your stories.

This was another superb read

Ed

javmor79javmor79about 4 years ago

Damn you! I lost an entire day of work reading this! Now I have to be twice as productive tomorrow to make up for what I lost today!

What's worse, there will probably be more days like this. Now I have to go through your entire library!

It's all your fault. I hope you're happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Outstanding story--Great escape

A simple thank you doesn't seem to be enough payment for an outstanding effort/story such as this but I do want to pass it along. Also I hope there is not just one winner for this writing challenge event. There have been many great submissions such as this that would be worthy of first prize. Great escape from current world affairs.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 4 years ago

Nice to see you back. Great tale again. Many thanks.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

I've been raving about this story for weeks. Now people can finally read it, and the response is exactly as I was expecting. You are a legend!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
GREAT

I always look forward to something new from you. Always a great read and not just a wham bam that's it mam. Like how you added Ben and his bodyguards to the story. Can't wait for the next addition of Ben Shepard.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Home Run

Well you touched all the bases on this interesting and well written story. Top Notch! Thanks for sharing. Of course a 5.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 4 years ago
Yeah

Great story. Just Great all the way around. Thanks for sharing.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 4 years ago

Wonderful! So glad you are back. Loved the Shepard series tease, hoping for more in that series as well as many more in the Hal and Sam saga. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excelent Story!

Your writing style in this story reminded me alot of Dean Koontz.

Good job!!

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
Fantastic

This was a "Bourne"PLUS… and what a plus! 12 pages at 5**** for each page is 60* and worth every one. Great Job... Thank You

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 4 years ago
Not just brilliant ...

But fucking brilliant!

One of the best stories I've ever read on this site. Period.

Hooked

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkabout 4 years ago
Another great read

Thanks

TXanyTXanyabout 4 years ago
Competions are to find a winner!

As the majority said, great story, and I'm glad you chose to post to this category...my first read of your stuff. While Todd172s entry is up to his great standards and will put his entry near the top, I'm guessing even he voted five stars for your entry!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Damn good

Helluva story!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
WOW ! This story is just.......just......Fucking-A-Great !!

You are a very good writer. Keep it up. I am now looking forward to reading your other tales. Thank you so much for such an entertaining read. KUDOS

lancel00tlancel00tabout 4 years ago
First time...Big success!

This may have been you maiden voyage in this genre, but you will be hard-pressed to surpass this effort. Well-written, great character development and enough suspense and excitement to satisfy anyone's taste. Kudos...keep 'em coming. You're now one of my favorite authors.

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
Spell Binding!

With this CoronaVirus and "Social-Distancing" , It seems all I did today was read a couple of stories and go for walks. I am just glad that this was one of the stories that I read. This story really grabbed me and kept me interested till the last page. It got a little silly in Las Vegas but I still enjoyed this story. Thank You very much for your writing in general and this story in particular.

Pappy7Pappy7about 4 years ago
First of your work that I have read

and I liked it a lot. I agree with a previous comment that I stayed up way too late reading this. Good thing old people don't need much sleep. Will delve into your other works, if there are any and I will probably, hopefully enjoy them as much as this one.

slm59slm59about 4 years ago
Awesome!

I love all of your work, and this one is a masterpiece. There just aren't enough stars to properly rate it, so 5 will have to do. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ever thought about writing a novel?

Absolutely brilliant. I was dreading the end because I just didn't want the story to end. Today, I found an author who challenges all my current favourites. LOL

But, seriously, your work was spellbinding.

I will look forward to more.

travaynetravayneabout 4 years ago
Glorious, you tricky bugger

I've been dying for a new Ben Shepherd story. This doesn't really fill the bill, but the tale is delightfully mysterious and fulfilling, nevertheless. Thanks. But more Ben please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5*s

That's a fine, pleasure of a read.

Gave the story 5*s!!

A road trip. A white knight. A damsel in distress. A Los Vegas load of thugs. Sex. An assassin. And love 👩‍❤️‍👨❗

A tour de force, thank you BurntRedstone. I'm

AMerryman

Rocketman51Rocketman51about 4 years ago
Great story!

You are a great writer no matter the genre! Truely enjoyed the Shepard tie in! Thanks for sharing your talent! As always, looking forward to your next adventure!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Very well written and very entertaining. I liked the complexity of the “relationship” between Hal and Lisa. Definitely an unusual plot for a LW story.

GrindleGrindleabout 4 years ago
Brilliant as always

Love the way you brought Ben into this story as well.

mattenwmattenwabout 4 years ago
5*!!!

I am surprised that I read this long story so easily! I have to say my respect! Your story is told very fluently and despite the length it was always exciting for me! You put your protagonists very well in scene! For me, a story rarely deserves 5 * without any problems, but yours does! Thank you!!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Damn good story.

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorabout 4 years ago

An excellent first voyage into a new category, really liked how well known characters from other series were involved.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 4 years ago
Shadows of the Mind

Great build-up to the love Hal and Sam would have after their pain. Each was lost. And now they have love to share with the other. A 5 star.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 4 years ago
Rush

More to say that I neglected. The intrigue was so spell-binding, wondering would there be a happy outcome. You gave us a lot of action of emotions, and how Sam and Hal started out as *passengers* and then it built-up to a love but not knowing what was waiting in L.A. Something unexpected with the bullet proof vest and so much hanging in the air about the end of Frank. I wonder if Hal is coming back in other stories? I hope to read more about Sam and Hal in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The whole 'monster in him' is pretty over the top. The hard men doing hard things trope is pretty cliched and it just comes across as a really juvenile power fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Great story! Loved hearing from Ben and the ladies of Ashburn Court again! Was a wonderful surprise.

rharri69rharri69about 4 years ago
Great

Might actually have been better without Ben Shepard's crew cameo.

VinastodaVinastodaabout 4 years ago
Well done

Very well done especially for your first foray into this genre. The complexity of your characters was well worth the read. I look forward to more stories along this line. I would give you 10 Stars if I could but since I can only give five you going to have to be happy with that.

Ynottony72Ynottony72about 4 years ago

Loved it. Loved how hoe Ben was in it. Can’t wait for your next story....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a story!!

This was the best damn story ive read here. It has inspired me to write myself. Hopefully my stuff will be as good. Great work!!

BigDog167BigDog167about 4 years ago
Glad I changed my mind.

Not a fan of cheating stories so I was not going to read this one. I changed my mind and I am glad I did since there was a lot less cheating and more action / good story. Looking forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Never heard of you before. Will have to give you a try.

It was a good story, a really good story. Thanks for your time and talent. Have to compliment you on the dispatch of Chet. Hal could have just shot him through the head, but he shot his knee so Chet would fall close enough so Hal could use his knife, just like Chet had used his knife of Lisa. Appreciated the payback, even tor the crazy whore.

Now, two points. Hal would never eat movie theater popcorn and drink sodas, unless maybe to execute some needed cover. Second, he knows her engagement ring will be spotted by an experienced thief, who will simply bump into her, cut off her finger and be gone. The dissection will be so sharp and fast she won't know her finger is missing until she realizes she is bleeding, and her grip feels abnormal. You made Hal so observant and cautious and experienced, his choice of engagement ring was heartfelt, but a surprising lack of judgement.

patilliepatillieabout 4 years ago
Never read your stuff

as I am almost exclusive to LW category, but this was quite good. The first 8 pages were 5* stuff. Some of the dialogue, and description, were sublime. When the tale got to Las Vegas, and all those crazy characters who had never been introduced showed up, it lost some steam. It's almost like you wrote this expecting the audience would know who Sargent, Ben etc were, but we dont. It just jolted me out of the spell the first 8 pages had cast.

I will have to check out your library.

Edhawk64Edhawk64about 4 years ago
Great storey, nice link to the Shepherd tales

Another great storey, thank you for sharing.

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago
Said before

I've said it before, I love damsel in distress stories, and this its one of the best I've read! Nice twist is, the Damsel saved her heroes sanity too. Five stars plus in my opinion. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Michael56Smith

OUT--FREAKING--STANDING!! I loved it!! Can you NOT write anything bad? And I especially loved the Ben Shepard and his beautiful bodyguards doing a crossover, so sweet! And by the looks of some of your feedbacks, you have some brand new fans to impress, especially if they go back and read some your non Loving Wives stories, particularly ( but not limited to) your Jack Danner and Ben Shepard series! More please,.. and you really need a Hollywood agent as your stories are better than 90% of what that community spews forth! Stay heathy,.. love your stuff,.. TTFN!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great beginning

But fizzled out as it moved forward. Nice effort overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks

Each day is a little better when you share a story with us.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
This event is providing us with so many top notch stories.

Another 5 star effort. Another long read, worth every moment.

You and your cohort of authors have lifted above the dross we normally get here.

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank you

I enjoy your style of writing. I smiled with the crossover with Ben Shepherd. I just wish you provided more descriptive sex scenes like you did with Ben. But still enjoyed throughly. Again, thanks

mainer42mainer42about 4 years ago
If I could, I would

I usually fade after 5-6 chapters for most of these stories, but you had me full throttle!! If I could give you 10 stars I would but I guess a simple thank you for your work will have to do

Doug

mithanialmithanialabout 4 years ago

Always glad to see another story of yours posted. You are a rare writer on here that I enjoy everything you have written and I re read it at times when I want something good to read. I also loved the crossover.

cagedandpluggedcagedandpluggedabout 4 years ago
Bravo!!!!

I clicked on this story by accident, as I usually bring up several to peruse when I'm reading...also, I usually immediately close any stories with 3 plus pages...WOW! I am so glad i didn't...I was hooked after the first couple paragraphs, and the lack of graphic detailed sex, which usually bores me, only added to the brilliance...i kept waiting for a bittersweet ending and was happily surprised when everything turned out perfect for them both...what a wonderful read!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories