Dual Heritage Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a moment, Mark breaks off the kiss, panting and looking at Ria with desire.

"You. Are. Mine," he growled.

Ria's eyes widen at his words and his roughness, but a thrill of excitement courses through her at his possessive words. She can feel his hot breath on her face as he continues to stare at her, his eyes flickering with intense emotion.

"Say it," he demands

"I'm yours," she gasps out, feeling a shiver of pleasure run through her as he nips at her neck Ria feels a shiver run down her spine at his words, and she knows that he's not just talking about their bond as mates. He's claiming her in every way, possessive and protective.

"Damn right, you are."

Ria gasps as his hands roam over her body, sending shivers down her spine. Mark's touch is possessive and rough, but it's clear that he's trying to communicate his desire for her in every way possible. His hands move over her curves, tracing the outline of her body with an almost reverent touch.

Mark lifted her effortlessly, her legs wrapping around his waist as he pinned her against the wall. Their eyes met, and at that moment, all uncertainties evaporated, replaced by a burning desire that neither could deny.

Their eyes lock in a fiery gaze, their bodies pressed together with an intense passion. Ria can feel the heat of his body against hers, and she's completely lost in the moment. Mark's lips crash against hers again, and she responds with an equal fervor.

The kiss is intense and unbridled, full of desire and a deep sense of need. Mark's hands continue to roam over her body, exploring every inch of her with a hunger that leaves her breathless.

As the kiss breaks off, Ria is left panting and gasping for breath. Mark looks at her with a sense of possessiveness that leaves her feeling weak in the knees.

Mark and Ria found a secluded table in the corner of the room, their hands entwined as Ria rested her head on Mark's shoulder.

"I know I messed up, Ria," he said, his voice soft. "But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it right."

Ria looked up, her eyes meeting his. "I believe you."

A wave of relief washed over Mark. "Thank you," he whispered, his voice tinged with emotion.

Ria squeezed his hand, and they lapsed into silence.

He looked down at her, taking in the way the light played off her hair and the delicate curve of her cheek. "I'm sorry for everything I put you through," he said softly, his voice laced with regret.

Ria lifted her head and looked at him, her eyes searching his. "It's okay baby,"

Mark gave her a small smile, his thumb tracing small circles on the back of her hand. "I don't think it's okay," he said, his voice heavy with guilt. "I hurt you."

Ria's expression softened as she leaned closer to him, resting her head on his shoulder once more. "It's in the past now. We can't change what happened, but we can move forward from here."

He leaned in and kissed her forehead gently. "I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make this work," he said, sincerity clear in his voice.

"I'm willing to try if you are."

"Absolutely, I am."

They sat in silence for a few moments, just enjoying each other's company. Mark's mind wandered to the future, to all the possibilities that lay ahead of them.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked hesitantly.

"Anything."

"What's your name?" The words tumbled out before she could stop them, and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"You don't know my name?"

Ria shook her head. "I'm sorry," she said softly. "I know we slept together, but we didn't really get a chance to talk about each other."

Mark looked down at her, his expression unreadable. "Mark," he said finally, his voice quiet. "My name is Mark."

"Mark," she repeated, savoring the sound. "I like it. It suits you."

A grin spread across Mark's face. "I'm glad you think so. And I promise, next time, we'll start with names."

Ria chuckled. "That sounds like a plan."

"So, what's next for us?"

"I'm not sure but I think breakfast is a good start."

"Breakfast it is," he agreed, helping her to her feet.

As they walked down the hallway, Ria felt a sense of familiarity settle over her, like she had been here before. She glanced up at Mark, wondering if he felt it too.

As they stepped outside into the cool morning air, Ria felt Mark's hand tighten around hers, anchoring her to the present moment. She smiled up at him. They may have a lot to figure out, but for now, they had each other.

6

Mark and Ria walked hand in hand to the college canteen, the sun shining down on them like a spotlight. When they arrived, the canteen was buzzing with the usual college chaos—students everywhere, laughter, chatter, and the clatter of trays.

"Corner table?" Mark suggested, nodding towards a secluded spot.

"Only if it's our secret hideout," she teased.

"Deal," he grinned, leading her to the table. Mark pulled out a chair for her. "Your throne, my queen."

Ria chuckled as she sat down. "Oh, so chivalry isn't dead?"

"Only mostly," he winked.

He grabbed a couple of menus and handed one to Ria. "So, what's the craving? Salad or sin?"

Ria's eyes darted to the burger and fries combo. "Sin, definitely sin."

Mark chuckled. "Alright, gluten," he said teasingly, making Ria roll her eyes.

As he went to place the order, Ria took out her phone and sent a text to her mother.

Mark returned a few minutes later, carrying a tray laden with burgers, fries, and two sodas. He slid into the seat across from her, his eyes meeting hers.

"Here you go," he said, handing her a burger wrapped in paper.

Ria grinned and took a bite of the juicy burger, savoring the taste. "This is amazing," she said between bites.

Mark grinned, taking a sip of his soda. "I'm glad you like it," he said. "I always knew you were a burger kind of girl."

"As if you know me so well," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Let's see... loves burgers and fries, hates clichés, and can't resist my charm. Did I miss anything?"

"Your humility, clearly," Ria laughed.

They continued to eat, occasionally locking eyes and sharing smiles. It was as if they were in their own little world.

"So where are you from?" she asked.

"Texas. Land of cowboys and barbecue."

Ria's eyes twinkled. "Ever ride a horse?"

"Does a mechanical bull count?"

They both burst into laughter, drawing a few glances from nearby tables.

"So, you're a local?"

"Born and raised," she nodded.

"I wouldn't have guessed that."

"Why's that?"

"Well, you don't strike me as someone who has lived in the same place all their life."

"I guess I like to keep things interesting," she replied with a shrug. "Besides, I don't have the typical local girl look. But I love it here. What about you?"

"Yeah, I do," he said. "It's definitely different from Texas, but I like the change of pace. And, of course, there's you."

Ria felt her cheeks flush. "Stop it," she said, laughing. "You're making me blush."

Mark grinned. "Good. I like making you blush."

As they finished their meal, Mark stood up and took Ria's hand. "Let's go for a walk," he said, leading her out of the canteen.

They walked aimlessly around the campus, their fingers still intertwined. Ria felt a sense of contentment settle over her, as if everything was falling into place.

"Hey, do you want to come over to my dorm room?" Ria suddenly asked him.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Yeah, I am. I want to spend more time with you. We can continue this...interview."

"Interview? Is this a job or a date?"

"Depends. Are there benefits?"

Ria laughed. "I am sure we can figure something out."

"Lead the way, my lady."

They reached Ria's dorm room, and as she unlocked the door, she turned to Mark with a playful smile. "Welcome to my sanctuary. Mind the mess; I wasn't expecting company."

Mark chuckled as he stepped inside. "Oh, so this is where the magic happens?"

"You could say that," she said, closing the door behind them.

"So what do you want to do?"

"Well, I was thinking of a more... hands-on approach to getting to know each other."

"Hands-on, you say?"

"You," she admitted. "I want to do you."

Mark stepped closer, his hand reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Their lips met in a slow, passionate kiss, and Ria felt a rush of desire course through her body. She wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

Breaking the kiss, Mark looked into her eyes. "You sure about this?"

"More sure than I've ever been about anything."

The atmosphere in the room shifted, becoming charged with a palpable tension. Clothes were quickly discarded, and soon they were tangled in the sheets, exploring new territories and crossing boundaries they never thought possible.

They lay tangled in the sheets, their bodies sated.

Afterward, they lay there, catching their breath. Mark propped herself up on one elbow and looked down at Ria. "So, how did I do? Pass the interview?"

Ria chuckled. "With flying colors. You're hired."

"Good, because I was thinking of making this a long-term position."

"Is that so? Well, I think you'll find the benefits package quite...satisfactory."

"I'm already looking forward to my first bonus."

Ria giggled as she caught her breath. "You know, I think I might be addicted to you."

"Careful, I might start charging you for my services."

"Services? Is that what you're calling it?"

"Well, I do like to think I'm pretty good at what I do," he said, winking at her.

Ria playfully slapped his chest. "Cocky much?"

"Hey, I have to have some confidence in my abilities," he said, pulling her in for another kiss.

Ria smiled against his lips. "Well, I certainly can't argue with that," she said, running her fingers through his hair.

"You know, I never expected to meet someone like you."

"What do you mean?"

Mark shrugged, "Well, someone who's so beautiful, intelligent, and just fun to be around. It's like you're the whole package."

Ria blushed, feeling flattered. "You're not too bad yourself, cowboy," she said, playfully poking his nose.

"Cowboy, huh? I like the sound of that. Maybe I'll have to start wearing a Stetson."

"You do that, and I'll wear a cowgirl hat," she said, twirling a strand of his hair around her finger.

"Cowgirl hat?"

"You don't think I can pull it off?"

"Well, I think you can if you wear only the hat and nothing else," he replied as his hands cupped her ass, squeezing them to her delight.

"Oh really? Is that your way of saying you want me to take my clothes off again tomorrow?"

"I mean, I wouldn't say no to that."

"You're insatiable."

"Only when I'm with you."

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to keep you satisfied."

He groaned, his lips trailing down her neck. "God, you're going to be the death of me."

She laughed, feeling a sense of happiness wash over her. "Oh, I hope not. I still have so much more I want to do with you," she said, snuggling closer to him. "Besides, if you want to see me in a cowgirl hat, you'll have to work for it."

"Challenge accepted."

She closed her eyes, feeling content. "I'm glad I met you."

"Me too, cowgirl," he said, pulling the sheets over them. "Now let's get some rest, we have a lot more exploring to do tomorrow."

Ria snuggled closer to him, feeling safe and secure in his arms. "Can't wait," she whispered, before drifting off to sleep with a smile on her face.

Mark left the dorm room feeling satisfied and happy, but his mind was still buzzing with questions about his lineage. He decided to ask Aunt Lida everything this time.

He made his way back, feeling a sense of relief wash over him as he walked through the door. Lida was in the kitchen, chopping vegetables.

"Hey, Aunt."

"Hello dear!?" she asked, glancing up at him. "You seem cheerful. Good day?"

"It was. I had lunch with Ria, and we talked things out."

Lida's face lit up with a smile. "That's wonderful news, Mark. I'm so glad to hear it," she said, patting his hand.

"Aunt......" he said. "Can you tell me more about my heritage?"

She stopped chopping vegetables and fully turned to him, "Mark, we have already talked about this? You don't need to delve into this."

" I didn't but look what happened with Ria," he explained hoping, for more answers.

"I was hoping you wouldn't brush with that side of things. Maybe I was being too foolish."

"Is it that bad?"

"It's not bad, just complicated. And potentially dangerous."

"But what if there's something important I need to know?"

Aunt Lida considered his question for a moment before speaking. "Alright, come sit down with me," she said, motioning towards the kitchen table. "I'll tell you what I know, but you have to promise me that you'll be careful."

Mark sat down, his eyes fixed. "I promise, Aunt. I need to know the truth, no matter how unsettling it may be."

Lida exhaled deeply, her eyes clouding over as if she were peering into a murky past. "I always knew this day would come, but I hoped it wouldn't."

She hesitated for a moment before answering. "I mean, I knew you would eventually start asking questions about your heritage. And I was afraid of that because there are things you might not be ready to hear."

"Why? What's so dangerous that you need to keep these things from me."

"It's not that I'm keeping anything from you, Mark. It's just that some things are better left alone. You don't want to open up a can of worms."

"But I need to know. I have a right to know."

She leaned back in her chair and studied him for a moment. "Alright, but promise me you'll keep an open mind and not judge too quickly."

Mark nodded eagerly, "I promise."

"Your ancestors....They are what we call Arcanists..."

"Arcanists? I've never heard of them before."

"That's because they were driven to near extinction." Aunt Lida took a deep breath, collecting her thoughts before continuing her explanation. "An Arcanist'' power was supposed to level cities and was very destructive," she said. "They could manipulate time and space, control the elements, and even summon powerful creatures from other realms. They were unstoppable, and their power came at a great cost."

"What cost?"

"Their power was derived from the suffering of others," Lida explained. "The Arcanists performed terrible experiments on both humans and other magical beings, trying to find a way to amplify their magic. They experimented on countless people, leaving their test subjects permanently damaged or dead. After many failed attempts, they finally managed to reach their goal, but at what cost? They had created a new breed of beings - the Arcanists"

Mark listened with rapt attention, his mind reeling at the thought of his ancestors possessing such immense power. "But if they were so powerful, how were they driven to extinction?"

"It was their own actions that led to their downfall. Their power was too much for anyone to handle. It was too destructive, and their actions soon drew the ire of other magical beings and humans alike."

"The magi and others, who had formed their own coven at the time, saw the danger the Arcanists posed to the world. They joined forces to drive them out."

"So, they were eradicated?"

"Almost. A few survived, hiding their identities, their powers. You, Mark, are a direct descendant of those survivors."

"You told me before that I am a 'magus.' What does that mean?"

Lida hesitated for a moment as if debating whether or not to share the information. Finally, she spoke. "A magus is a powerful magician, Mark. The term is usually reserved for those who are born into a family of magical practitioners and have a natural talent for magic. It's a rare and revered title."

His mind was spinning with this new information. "But you just told me I'm descended from Arcanists. What am I, really? If I'm a magus, does that mean I'm an Arcanist too?"

Lida let out a deep sigh, looking pensive. "It's complicated, Mark. You see, the term 'magus' typically refers to those who practice magic at a higher level, but it's not specific to any one lineage. In your case, you are not only a magus, but you also come from a long line of Arcanists."

"So I am......both?"

Lida nodded solemnly. "Yes." She looked at him with concern etched on her face. "Mark, you need to understand that if others find out about your lineage, you could be in grave danger. The magi have been trying to keep the knowledge of Arcanists a secret for centuries, and anyone with such power is seen as a threat."

Mark's face grew serious as he absorbed the gravity of her words. "So, what should I do?"

Lida reached across the table, gripping his hand tightly. "You live, Mark. But you live cautiously, wisely. Your heritage is a gift, but it's also a curse. And it's a secret that must be guarded at all costs."

"Aunt, I need to know something."

"What?"

"Did my lineage......have anything to do with my parents' death?"

The question hung in the air like a dark cloud.

Lida's expression shifted, her eyes clouding over with a mixture of sorrow and apprehension. "Your parents were both formidable magi, and they were involved in some dangerous things. It's possible that their involvement in the magical world led to their deaths, but I can't definitively say if your lineage was a factor in their deaths."

Mark felt a hollow sensation in his chest as he absorbed her words. His heart pounded in his chest, each beat echoing the gravity of Lida's words.

"I understand this is a lot to take in," Lida said softly. "But I want you to know that you are not alone. Your parents loved you very much, and they would want you to be strong and keep moving forward even when the path is unclear."

Mark nodded, trying to keep his emotions in check. "Thank you, Aunt Lida. I will remember that."

"You've inherited a potent blend of magic, Mark. It's a double-edged sword, and you must wield it with great care."

"I will," he assured her, standing up. "I just need some time to digest all of this."

"Of course. Take all the time you need. And remember, you're never alone."

With those words ringing in his ears, he left the room, feeling a mixture of confusion, fear, and obstinacy.

Retreating to his room, Mark sank onto his bed, his mind a labyrinth of thoughts. He closed his eyes, taking deep, steadying breaths.

His mind was awash with memories of his parents, their laughter, their wisdom. He remembered how they had always encouraged him to be strong and brave.

Could their deaths be tied to the very magic that now coursed through my veins? The thought itself was terrifying.

He felt lost and unsure of how to navigate this new information about his lineage and their deaths. He knew he needed to be careful, but he also didn't want to live in fear.

Opening his eyes, his gaze fell upon a framed photograph of his parents on his desk.

He picked up the picture and held it close, feeling a pang of sadness in his chest. He missed them so much and wished they were still here to guide him.