Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 37

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No warmth in him at all.

"Leo?" she gasped, pain squeezing about her throat.

She slid her hands down to his chest. She felt at his heart. She couldn't feel it beating at all. He had died. She breathed heavily, staring down at him with such pain. This couldn't be happening. He couldn't have just died. That wasn't right at all.

"No, Leo," she gasped, tears springing in her eyes. "You can't be gone. My Dark Lord!"

Suddenly, warmth flooded through him. His heart beat. A strong thud-lud. His eyes snapped open and he sucked in a breath. His body spasmed, and he sat up, blinking. He shook his head. She stared at him in shock.

"Death's Sleep," he said. "Put me in a state of suspended animation. Let's you fake being dead." He shook his head. "Leach Life is interesting, and Spectral Scythe is amazing, but Death is proving to be a lacking sphere of magic at these tiers. I just... I don't know if it'll be..." His words trailed. "Did I scare you?"

"Yes!" she gaped, glaring at him. If she had a heart, it would be beating with such fury. "I thought you'd killed yourself. You should have warned me."

"Sorry, sorry. Thought you'd dig that whole beautiful corpse. Maybe you'd start playing with my cock or something."

"Eww." A shiver of disgust ran through her. "I'm goth, not a necrophiliac. That's so gross. Ugh, why do boys have to be so nasty sometimes?"

"Because most of the time, we make you wet," he said. "Are you wet?"

"No!" She glared at him. "I bet the other monster girls don't have to put up with you faking your death."

"Didn't have Death's Sleep before," he said, smiling at her. "So I couldn't."

She glared at him.

"What?" he asked innocently enough. "I thought it was a good demonstration. We know how magic works. That's important." He rubbed at his head. "And it hurt collapsing like that. God, that was a strange spell. I could feel everything going on around me and yet I could do nothing. It was like... dozing."

"Dozing?"

"Yep. Dozing on the edge of death." He shivered. "Not my favorite thing in the world. Nor my style. I'm not one for playing dead. I'd rather fight."

"Good." She stood up. "Don't ever use that spell again. You'll scare all your women. We'll all be freaked out by what happened to you. So don't be mean.

He nodded. "I won't be mean."

"He's not mean," purred Isatu.

Morana glanced over to see the dragon shifting position. She let out a sigh and seemed to resume her sleep. The banshee was shocked by how fast she could get used to something like a dragon girl being a part of the same harem as herself.

She belongs here, thought Morana. And so do I.

12