Durante

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He went on, saying all the things he'd already said to the others. Putting the girl down, building the three rapists and murderers up. Telling him about the party and getting the word out.

Four more calls as he sat there near me, all of them almost exactly the same.

Get the word out that Cora Winslow is a lying bitch who's on drugs and hated men. She drugged them and murdered them. She wants her 15 minutes. She's a whore who lured them in, then cut their bright lights short. They were model citizens, perfect students and wonderful men. No one was going to let her lie and make them into bad guys.

He was starting a whole campaign against her and it seemed like he knew everyone enough to be able to get his way. I knew the social media influencers at the school and he was contacting all of them. I knew who they were, at least, I didn't actually know any of them. Jenny did, though. Maybe she would make connections between the three men and the girls who'd gone missing and ended up dead.

After the final call, he looked something up on his phone and I sat listening to the news report.

Three men found dead in the woods, not far from a popular campground that had a shelter. Local track star shows up at hospital with tranquilizers in her system, rambling about the men who'd kidnapped her and taken her into the woods. Investigation underway.

After watching it, then reading about it more, he made more calls. She killed them, the shot herself up with enough tranquilizers for them to be in her system, but not impair her before going to the hospital to spread her lies. They were all found with sharpened sticks like javelins in their throats, it was all premeditated. She'd made them and had them ready and planned what to do. She wanted to stay in the news, stay relevant and popular, make everyone think she'd used her track skills to save herself.

I cast him several disparaging and angry looks, but hugged my knees and tried to plan what I was going to do.

Why was he so good at twisting and manipulating the truth and making people believe him?

I could make a rope with the sheets and bedding, drop down his pillows and stuff to land on. I just had to wait for him to leave.

Why did he care if they were painted in a bad light? They weren't really his friends. Cora was still alive and she'd survived the three rapists who'd fully planned on killing her. Why wouldn't he give her peace and let her have her life back? Even if his rhetoric and propaganda didn't catch on, it would still devastate her!

No! Focus on getting away! I could smash the window and get everyone's attention, scream for help.

What if he didn't go down? What if he planned the party, but stayed up here with me and watched from the windows?

That was the most him thing I could think of, actually. Grieving host celebrates them, but alone as he lets everyone else celebrate his friends in his house.

Maybe I could brain him with the geode while he was watching.

Quiet made me realize he wasn't on the phone anymore and hadn't been for a while. Turning, I met his gaze and he looked me over, then leaned up. Pulling me out of my chair, he held me on his lap, hugging me close as he pressed his face to my neck.

I turned away from him, not struggling but not being passive either as I clenched my hands and teeth.

He didn't seem to care, breathing me in and nuzzling into my neck as his arms squeezed too tightly.

He didn't stop until his phone rang, and even then he let out a sigh of loss as he wilted and let me go with one arm. Answering the phone, he stroked his cheek over my head as he listened to the other end and talked. More plans for his defamation party. That's what I was thinking of it as now. It was less about the men killed and more about defamation of the girl they'd kidnapped.

He spent the next few hours that way, holding me and making calls, or fielding calls.

When there was a knock at the door, he didn't even move, he kept talking on the phone as the cook brought in two bowls on a tray, along with two glasses and two cans of pop. She set them on the table next to us, giving he and I both a pleased grin before she left. Durante never even looked at her as he kept talking, really passionate about burying this girl in the vitriol he was spewing.

Ignoring him, I sat up and moved back to my chair, taking a bowl of what smelled like lentil soup and a pop with me.

He didn't say anything to me, just turning to pull the tray into his lap as he kept talking. He did pause after the call to quickly eat and watch me eat, but I ignored him completely. As soon as I finished, I got up and set my bowl and can on the tray, then went across the room to the bed and got in, my back to him as I opened the book.

In less than three minutes, he climbed into bed behind me and spooned me, pulling me against him.

That was NOT why I'd come over here!

Laying down did not stop him from making calls.

When I tried to shrug him off and move again, he gripped me with both hands and held me in place until I stopped, then went back to talking like he hadn't been interrupted. After a moment of trying to catch my breath and glaring at the wall, I turned my head towards him.

"Do they know you..."

His hand clamped hard over my mouth as he sat up and rolled me, pressing me down into the bed as I struggled to get free enough to just breathe since he was covering my nose too.

"I'll call you back," he told the phone, then hung up and tossed it as he let my face go. "I thought you were smarter than something like that, Bella!"

I wanted to yell at him, scream and fight, but I had to be smarter than that. A few more hours would see me my chance to get away! He would go down to the people and I would be alone, or at least distracted enough that I could hit him!

Turning away, I stayed still, hoping he wouldn't hurt me or worse.

He seemed to settle down with my lack of reaction, moving off of me and sitting next to me to look me over. "You're bleeding," he stated, sounding grumpy.

I immediately felt my nose, looking at my fingers.

"No... down there. You're bleeding. I'll send for some tampons or whatever and some underwear. What size do you wear?"

"Extra small... umm... pads please, not tampons," I told him quickly, getting up and running to the bathroom.

I stayed in there with the book, hiding until he knocked almost an hour later. I didn't answer and he came in anyway, peeking around the door.

Handing me a pair of pink cotton panties and a bag of pads, he looked me over, then stepped back out and shut the door.

I came out after a moment and went to his closet, then came out with a pair of his sweatpants on, pulling the string as tight as I could get it to keep them on.

He was grinning at his phone, his eyes shining as he avoided looking at me with a will.

What the hell was so funny? It was cold in here and I was NOT going to sit in nothing but skimpy panties and a panty liner.

"Those aren't pads," I told him grumpily. "They are liners."

"What's the difference?" he asked, confused.

"Size and how much they'll hold. One is for all the blood that comes with a period and one is just to protect your underwear from spotting or something. These won't really work."

"Just change it more."

"They aren't really made to absorb a lot and the flow is heavy. One wrong shift and a lot will come out at once and then there's blood everywhere," I told him, hoping to gross him out enough to leave me alone.

"I'll have her find the other, those were all that was in my moms bathroom. I'll have some door dashed or something. Is there a brand you need?"

"No, just pads, Normal pads, super absorbent, no wings or anything like that."

"Wings? Uhh... nevermind. I'll have Linsey bring some. She'll know. Anything else? This says chocolate? Midol? You need those?"

"No," I huffed, rolling my eyes. "You don't have to look it up, I just need pads. And underwear to hold them in place."

"Yeah, sorry about those, they were Lyong's granddaughters. She does laundry here, they were all she had here that would fit you. I ordered you some. Ok?"

I didn't answer, grabbing the blanket and dragging it off the bed to go back to the chair.

Durante followed me and pulled me to sit in his lap before I could get in the chair.

"You can't, I'll get blood on you!"

"Then I'll change," he shrugged, holding me to his chest and tucking the blanket around me. "Lyong changed the sheets, she said she could get the blood out. Lay your head here," he told me, holding my head to his shoulder.

I sighed, but didn't fight him as I curled up and snuggled into him. I ached and I was tired and my heart hurt.

He started texting and I turned my face away from the light, feeling despondent.

What was I going to do?

With his free hand, Durante stroked my hair and twirled his fingers in my curls as he nuzzled and texted.

Ugh.

A knock on his door made me jerk and lift my head, blinking.

Had I fallen asleep?

"Yeah!" he yelled over his shoulder.

The woman that poked her head in smiled at Durante. "Hello! Just wanted to let you know I'm here and we're starting to set up! Your housekeeper said you were up here with your friend and I could come up to ask you where you wanted everything?"

"Yeah, I'll be down soon," Duranted agreed, his fingers digging into my hair hard. "Next time just text me and say you're here."

"Of course," she nodded, her smile tight now as she hurriedly closed the door and left.

Durante huffed, but stood up with me in his arms and carried me over to the bed. "You can't come tonight, Bella, but soon, ok? Lay down up here and read and I'll be back later, ok? I have to do all of this to keep you and I safe from scrutiny, ok? Lay down and stay here," he reiterated, laying me on the bed.

Going to his desk, he came back with a pair of handcuffs and I shook my head. "You don't have to..."

"I know, but I'll just stress otherwise. Be still, Bella!"

I went still and let him cuff my wrist to the headboard spindle, then watched as he put the key on the desk across the room.

"Here's your book," he told me, handing me the book I'd had earlier. I'll be back tonight after the party, ok? Get some rest. Lyong will bring you some dinner and something to drink later."

I said nothing, watching him leave, my heart hammering in my chest.

FUCK!

How was I going to get away now?

I tried to jerk on the spindle, but the wood was too thick for me and I wasn't strong enough. He had the handcuff too tight for me to slide my wrist out, too.

I was stuck here until he came back.

Fuck.

I repositioned myself and the pillows so that my wrist wasn't hanging and opened the book, feeling sorry for myself.

An hour passed, then another and another and it was completely dark out. I could hear music.

Lyong came in, smiling her extremely happy smile and set a tray on the bed with me and my hopes surged as I sat up and thanked her.

Looking over the tray, my hopes fell.

No fork, no knife, not even a spoon. It was another grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of grapes. Finger foods.

UGH.

I started to eat and discovered it was hot ham and cheese and not grilled cheese, but I ate it anyway. I wanted to believe I would need my strength. Braining him would take energy.

The door creaked open and I looked up, then stared in confusion as Professor Ruttledge peeked in the room and looked around. His eyes landed on me and he slipped in and shut the door quickly, then crossed the room to me.

"Isabella! I KNEW you were alive and here somewhere! Oh... where's the key?" he asked as he tugged on my handcuffed wrist.

"Desk," I mumbled as he shrugged his backpack off and hurried over to the desk to get the key.

I stared, still confused as he undid the cuff, then unzipped the backpack. "Here," he whispered, handing me a black dress, then putting a long blonde wig on the bed, along with MY shoes from my closet at home. "We have to hurry! Let's get you out of here!" he whispered, pulling me to stand.

He was saving me? He wasn't... with them?

Why did I feel like he should be one of them and not someone here to help me?

Still, I turned my back to him and yanked the shirt off so I could pull the dress on, then shoved the sweatpants off and my shoes on before I turned and he helped me with the ridiculous wig.

"Not perfect, but it's dark and we won't be near the people," he whispered, then grabbed my hand and led me to the door and out.

I followed, still feeling like I was about to climb out of the pot and into the frying pan.

How did he know where I was if he wasn't one of them?

There were a few people downstairs, but Durante wasn't one of them and no one looked at us as Professor Ruttledge led me outside, then turned away from the party and started down the drive, passing dozens of cars.

Should I run? Pull away and take off?

He finally stopped at the last car and opened the door, helping me in before getting in and backing out.

"Shit!" he breathed. "It worked! Just hold on, ok? Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"

"Are you one of them?" I asked, despite myself.

"What?" he asked, offended. "No! No, Isabella! I came to help you! Do you need the hospital or the police station first? Are you hurt?"

I stared at him, still trying to put it together. "How did you know where I was?" I finally asked.

He blushed then, not looking at me as he turned onto another street.

"How?" I demanded again.

"Isabella..." he shook his head. "I'm sorry. I... I was there that night."

"You were in a mask?"

"What? NO! NO, I am NOT one of them! I was at the party! I... I was there trying to get up the nerve to talk to you. I saw you leave and I followed you, but you got in the car and I just hung back, trying to think of what to say... then I saw them."

"Why didn't you stop them? Why didn't you turn them in?"

"They had masks on, I didn't know who they were! I saw the car they put you in and I was going to find out... but then suddenly the police were pulling ME in like I'd done something wrong. Your roommate said I'd taken you and they wouldn't listen to me! I didn't have an alibi and I was there at the party, people had seen me. It looked bad. They couldn't charge me, though, I hadn't done anything! They still wouldn't listen to me! But I found the car and I waited and it belonged to Todd Grossman, and Jeremy Sanderson was with him. I followed them and saw them meet up with Haiden Tilden, then saw them stalking that javelin track star that's been in the news so much. Followed them and managed to get some heavy drugs in their bottle of tequila while they went after her. Followed them to Durante Abram's house, then they left right after they got here and took her to the woods. There were four of them the night you were taken and I knew Durante was the fourth man. That night it was just them three though, Durante didn't go. I knew it was because he had you in there somewhere. I hoped. I stayed back and let them drink the alcohol and they... they all raped her, but I knew I couldn't do anything until the drugs kicked in. Not against all of them. They weren't hurting her really, she was hardly awake yet. Once she woke up a little, they told her they were going to hunt her and kill her, they were waiting for her to be able to move, and I knew I had to do something then... you have to swear to never tell, ok, Isabella?"

"You killed them. Not her."

"No, she was still pretty out of it. I... took care of everything and drove her about a block from the hospital and let her out."

"So you killed them," I said again, wanting confirmation.

"If I didn't... they would have done it again, Isabella! I couldn't let them do that! It's not wrong if it's..."

"You don't have to justify yourself," I promised him quickly. "They deserved it. They deserved worse."

"Did they... did they rape you, Isabella?"

"No... they didn't."

"But Durante did?" he asked sadly.

"Where are we going?"

"Hospital."

"No... no, I'm not hurt."

"Police station?"

"No... no, not yet. You swear to me you aren't one of them?"

"I swear it, Isabella! Yeah, I did a shitball thing when I followed you and watched you, but I wasn't really being a stalker! It wasn't what I was trying to do, I was just trying to get up the nerve to talk to you!"

"If... if you hadn't done that, Professor Ruttledge, then no one would have saved me. I don't want to go to the police, please?"

"What? Why? You can call me Evan, Isabella. Why don't you want to go to the police? Does he have them paid off?"

"I don't think so... I just... the bad ones, the really bad ones, they're all dead. Durante never did anything, he just watched and he's sick... but mostly I want him to worry. I want him to see me gone and worry over when someone is coming for him."

"Alright. So you want to go back to your dorm?" he asked, sounding upset that I didn't want to go to the police.

I thought about that and where Durante might look for me.

"You could... come back to my place?" Evan offered haltingly. "If you're worried about him trying to find you? He would never look at my place?"

"Can I use your phone?" I asked him, feeling a bit terrified as I pulled the wig off.

"Sure! Yeah!" he offered quickly, pulling it out and handing it to me.

I looked at it, then sighed. "I guess you probably don't have Jenny's number?" I asked, feeling defeated again because why would he? I didn't know it by heart, it was in my phone.

"It's in there, actually," he told me, seemingly pleased that he could do at least that much for me. "She's called me a few times, accusing me of all kinds of stuff. It should be the last call, actually."

Stunned, I opened the phone and hit call on the last missed call.

"What, you fucking shitbag?" Jenny snarled. "You want to..."

"Jenny!" I cried, interrupting her.

"Bella! Oh my god, Bella! I KNEW that fucker had you! Did you get away, get his phone and..."

"Jenny, stop! No, he didn't take me, but he just saved me! He got me away from the people who had me!"

"Fucking seriously? Bella, he said Haiden and them had you! They're dead, he didn't save you, he..."

"No, listen! They were part of the group that's been taking girls, but they aren't the only ones in the group. The other member, he had me. That's why he wasn't there where they had Cora, he was with me. Professor Ruttledge just broke into his house and got me out of the cuffs and we're away from the house! He wanted to take me to the police, but I can't go there, not yet. He let me use his phone to call you, ok?"

"Who is it, Bella? Who's the other one? Is it Kenyon?"

"I'm not going to say, not yet. I need a favor, Jenny, please?"

"Name it, babe, anything! Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"My heart hurts, but I'm ok, really! He didn't hurt me. I need for you to pack some of my clothes, especially my underwear and my pads from the bathroom and take them to Professor Ruttleges house."

"Apartment," Evan whispered.

"Apartment."

"Babe... are you serious? You can't..."

"I have to be where he can't find me, Jenny! If he comes looking... I don't think he will, but I'm not positive... he's not super stable. I don't know what he'll do."

"So call the police!"

I sighed, wishing I could make them understand.

His real punishment was coming.

"Can you bring me those things?" I asked her tiredly.

"Yeah. Yeah, Bella, have him text me his address. When I get there, though? You're gonna tell me everything, ok? You want your phone too? It was in my car along with your backpack and everything."

"Yeah, thanks," I told her, starting to shake.

I was free.

I was away from Durante and his crazy.

Was Evan going to be worse? I didn't think so. He made me feel uncomfortable, but I was pretty sure he was just really awkward but had good intentions.