Eighty One - Laura's Story Pt. 07

Story Info
Help is at hand.
3.4k words
4.67
2.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

24

Over the past week Laura had made good progress on the Simpson's presentation and had even met with Shaun Cooper to discuss the technicalities. Gaining the bishop had boosted her morale, she felt more confident that she could collect the rest and they would beat Weston.

While she was in the right frame of mind Laura decided to work through lunch and get the job finished. There were only a few details to sort out and it was looking good. She decided to take a break, a walk out in the fresh air would do her the world of good and she could pick up a sandwich for a desk lunch.

The warm sun filtered through the trees as she sauntered round to Junio's. She walked up to the counter rather than choosing a table and the girl anticipated her order, "The usual?" she asked. Laura hadn't realised that she was so predictable, perhaps she should be as adventurous with her food as she was with the rest of her life.

Laura was only out of the office for a little over half an hour but, no sooner had she walked through the front door when Jane—the young girl manning the reception area—called her over. "Laura, that woman left this for you." She handed over a card. Laura read the front, 'Amelia Chambers', she turned it over. 'Hope you enjoyed your meal and the afters.'

"Who left this?" Laura almost shouted at the poor girl.

"The woman who just left, you must have seen her." Laura thrust her sandwich bag at the girl.

"Hold this." She rushed back through the door, narrowly missing a passer-by. She looked along the street in both directions desperate to catch a glimpse of the woman. Nobody looked out of place, just the normal: people with bags, looking at smart-phones and a couple holding hands. She had gone.

Whilst retrieving her sandwich bag from Jane she asked her about the woman. She fit the description well, it must have been her. Laura had missed her by seconds, was that her intention? "What did she say?" she asked Jane.

"She just asked if I could give you the card, and that was it," the girl answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"Did she ask to see me, or if I was here?"

"No. Just to give you the card."

"Okay, thanks Jane."

Laura made her way to her office. Stopping at Abbie's desk on the way.

"Look at this," she said, handing her the card.

"Amelia Chambers. So?" Abbie handed the card back.

"Turn it over." It took a minute for the significance to register.

"You think that's her, from your lesbian thing? Which one?"

"I would imagine the younger one. And it's not 'my lesbian' thing, I was an innocent bystander, the same as you."

"So, you think she's going round London handing out cards to all the 'innocent bystanders' from the restaurant? I suppose you could be right." Abbie's cynicism had reached new heights. "And just how did she know to leave one here?" Laura paused, her brain putting it all together.

"It's bloody Weston isn't it, he's behind this—again. I just know it."

After eating half of the wrecked club sandwich she decided to call Andrew, suspecting that he was in on the latest development.

"What was Weston telling you yesterday about a woman doing something today?" she asked him.

"He was telling me about a friend of his and a project they were working on. Why?"

"You know why. One of the women I told you about, from the restaurant, she was here a few minutes ago."

"Really? How do you know it was her?" Laura could tell from the tone of his voice that he was stringing her along, but for a while she was happy to let him.

"She left a card, referring to the meal at the restaurant."

"Why would she do that? If it was her of course."

"That's why I'm calling you. I was rather hoping you'd tell me."

"Are you sure you're not jumping to conclusions, you have been known to in the past and it turned out to be pretty embarrassing didn't it?"

"I'm not so stupid to think this is all a big coincidence you know. I'm thinking that she probably has one or more of the pieces, and probably, that I'm supposed to find her to get them back."

"Why don't you call Graham and ask him?" There was a slight amused edge to his voice.

"Oh yes, I'll just call 'Mr straight talking' shall I. Look what he tricked me into last time."

"Give the woman a call then, ask her."

"Duh, how stupid of me. I hadn't thought of that. There's no number on the card. And before you say it, yes I have looked on the internet and on Facebook and there are loads of Amelia Chambers."

"Look I've got a meeting in a minute but I'll have a think about it and get back to you, OK?" Andrew said, and had to end the call.

It looked like she was on her own with the problem, and it wasn't fair, they were supposed to be playing the game together. She berated herself for that stupid thought. Very early on it had become clear that it was never going to be fair and perhaps that was what made it so appealing. Being used for the amusement of those people, her husband included it would appear, should have angered her but it didn't, she had learned too much about herself.

She stared at her desk, at the unfinished work, at the half eaten sandwich and, right there in the centre, at the card, which continued to taunt her. Did Laura's enthusiasm for finding the woman focus solely on recovering the pieces? No. The woman, the whole incident in fact, had been in and out of her thoughts ever since the night it happened. Running it through her mind time after time, she pictured each of them leaving the cubicle, so cool and composed without a hint of embarrassment. How she envied their confidence. She'd put herself in both roles trying to imagine how it felt from both angle's but her preference always went with the older woman, the lucky victim. The choice troubled her but she wasn't sure why; she felt it was right but the rationale for it eluded her thinking.

There had to be a way of contacting the woman or there would have been no point in her leaving the card. The only thing they had in common was that one evening at the restaurant so that had to be it. Then, all of a sudden, it came to her. She rushed out to check with Abbie.

"Abbie listen, you booked the restaurant when we went out, how did you do it?"

"Same as any other time. Searched for them on Google, got the number and called them. Why?"

"So you called them and what?" Laura wanted the one detail that could be the answer.

"I booked the table, two of us for eight. How is this important?"

"Did he ask for your number, after you'd booked?"

"Yes, in case there was a problem. That's normal. Shouldn't I have done it?"

"No, no that's fine. But if you did then they would have as well, the restaurant will have her number."

"They might not give it to you though."

"I'll give them some story, don't worry. Have you still got the number?" Abbie found it for her. As she made her way back to her desk Abbie called after her.

"If you get the number what will you say to her anyway, won't she ask why you're calling?"

"I don't think it matters what I say, the outcome has probably been decided already."

The ringing seemed to go on for ever. Laura countered her instinct to hang up and avoid the consequences of the call, but, as usual her curiosity won through. The single word "Hello", spoken in that haughty tone rejuvenated the overused memories of the restaurant.

"Hello," was all Laura could manage as her well rehearsed speech deserted her. "Is that Amelia Chambers?"

"It is, and who am I speaking to?"

"Laura Miller, you left a card at my office earlier."

"Oh my, you are a sharp one. Graham said you were good, so what can I do for you?"

"I know it sounds silly but I don't know yet, I was hoping you could tell me. I assumed this had been arranged by Mr Weston, I just don't know why."

"He thought I might be able to help you," she paused, "with what you're looking for."

"And what am I looking for?" Laura asked, cautiously.

"Your future probably, the same as the rest of us." Oh I see, Laura thought, she's been to the school of talking round in circles, I should have known. "So it all depends on what direction you want it to go in."

"So who are you and how do you fit into this?"

"Who I am isn't important, it's who you are that's important, and do you know that yet? You've had some time to reflect since our encounter, any deductions?"

"I hadn't really thought about it until I got your card." As soon as the stupid lie left her lips she wished she could take it back.

"Oh I'm sorry," Amelia said, "there must have been a misunderstanding I'll let you get back to your work." Panic set in. Laura couldn't get so far and let her slip away.

"No," she almost shouted, "I mean no, I don't think there has. I was a little intrigued after that evening."

"Telling lies can be seen as a lapse in judgement," Amelia said, "which can often be overlooked, depending on it's frequency. Now, it's time to decide, you can step into the unknown to find out if I have what you want or you can take the easier option and look elsewhere." There was a deafening silence. Laura was unsure if those last words were a question or not. "Well, what's it to be?" The question was delivered in a relaxed manner, with no hint of impatience.

"I think I need to find out."

Laura listened carefully as the woman set up a meeting. She gave the time and place, without enquiring whether the arrangement suited Laura's schedule.

After rearranging her diary with Abbie she called Andrew to tell him that she was seeing the mystery woman the next day. He didn't seem surprised by the meeting, only by the speed with which it was achieved.

25

While waiting impatiently for Amelia to arrive, Laura wondered how the meeting would turn out. She didn't even know why she was there. The woman hadn't said, or even implied that she had the chess pieces-only that she 'may be able to help her with what she was looking for'. Still, what did it matter, she could afford the time away from the office and it would be a whole lot more fun than going over boring figures with the accountant.

At least she had made a good start. The night before she had checked the place out online. It was one of the better hotels in a wealthy area so she had put a bit more effort into her dress and presentation than she normally would for a working day. After seeing the woman at the restaurant she couldn't imagine that she would turn up in jeans and T shirt. Not wanting to appear the poor relation, but also not be over dressed, Laura chose a light blue dress. Finishing just above the knee which left just a discrete amount of shapely leg on view. The heels of the matching blue shoes were medium height and suitably racy for the daytime. She had considered stockings but it was too warm and her tanned legs didn't need them.

All morning she had felt nervous, fussing over her appearance and constantly checking herself in the mirror. She felt those nerves one got before a first date and she had to remind herself that she was meeting a woman.

The reason for the meeting was still unclear but Laura felt it best to be prepared, considering how her last meeting with a woman turned out.

Choosing some empty seats to one side of the lounge provided a good vantage point, allowing Laura to keep an eye on the doors but not be in full view herself. Twice waiters had stopped to ask if she wanted anything only to be told that she was waiting for somebody to join her. She watched the people coming and going and was amused by the bell boys in military looking suits struggling with enormous suitcases and tiny lapdogs.

As expected Amelia arrived a little after the time she had arranged. She looked around the room as she slowly walked in. Laura made no attempt to make her whereabouts known, preferring to just observe for as long as possible.

Laura wondered what the woman did for a living. The tailored suit looked very expensive and the shoes were not from the high street. The white silk blouse, open enough to hint at sexuality, contrasted nicely with her tanned skin. Even the knee length skirt couldn't hide the length of those slim legs.

It was a rerun of the restaurant; she turned heads and drew admiring glances—and she knew it. As Amelia turned toward her Laura gave a self conscious wave. Amelia made her way over, the sound of rasping nylon brought those well used memories flooding back.

"We meet at last," she said, holding out a hand with beautifully manicured nails, the colour an exact match for the immaculately applied lipstick.

"Laura Miller," it was a little weak but it would have to do, "pleased to meet you."

Before they sat down Laura caught the attention of a waiter. They both chose coffee. Laura had abundant experience with nerves. She thrived on them. She loved the anxiety she felt during important negotiations. But this was different, this was teenager stuff, stomach fluttering nervousness. Contrary to how she felt she decided to be more forceful. "So Miss Chambers," she said, then hesitated, "I'm sorry, it is miss is it?"

"It is yes, but Amelia will be fine," the smile was accompanied by a recrossing of the legs, "for now." Don't let her get to you already Laura thought, she's just playing her games.

"So, Amelia. You left your card for me, what can I do for you."

"It's more a case of whether I can do anything for you really. I take it you're here out of curiosity, you're interest has been piqued and you're the adventurous sort. Am I right?"

"You certainly have a way of capturing the interest of the unsuspecting diner, that's for sure."

"Yes, it was fun wasn't it." She smiled at the memory.

"Forgive me for being blunt but who are you and what are we doing here?" Laura asked. Another laugh and a delicate sip of her coffee stalled the answer. It would come when she was ready.

"Graham got in touch, asked me to help out with the game you two are playing. We have certain mutual interests which you may benefit from."

"Has he given you any chess pieces?" She didn't expect an answer but it was worth a try.

"Oh come on Laura, you know by now it wouldn't be that simple." No, she thought not. "We all have to earn our rewards. You wouldn't want to feel that you'd cheated yourself would you?"

"I suppose I'd risk it for the pieces," she said, smiling.

"I wouldn't blame you for that, I understand you have a lot at stake." They paused their conversation as the waiter returned to refill their cups. As soon as he left she continued.

"To answer your question, no I don't have any but I might be in a position to point you in the right direction, if you want me to of course."

"Why wouldn't I? That's a no-brainer isn't it. So how come you're in a position to, I mean what is it you actually do?" Even though she'd asked the question she knew it would be something unconventional, nothing seemed to be normal these days.

"I'm an instructor, a sort of trainer. I tell people what to do and then make sure that they do it." She gave a slight shrug of the shoulders as though it were that simple and there was no need for further explanation.

"So that's your job, telling people what to do? And who are these people, where do they come from?"

"Oh no, it's not my job as such, I have a career, I work in corporate finance. The other thing is like a hobby. The people are women, there are a lot of women in top jobs these days and their lives can be very stressful. You'd be surprised at how many of those who are a colossus in the boardroom need a release, to get away from it all for a while. Under all that high power stuff a lot of those women are submissive by nature, and that's where I come in. I make them do whatever I want, they don't have to think about it or make any decisions and that provides them with their release, and pleasure-usually sexual pleasure." Laura took a moment to absorb the information, trying to see how she would fit into this offbeat world.

"I see what they get from it but what's the benefit for you, what do you get out of it?"

"I'm a dominant, I love it. Having absolute control over these women probably gives me more pleasure than them, it's a two way thing. Do you want more coffee?"

"Er, no thanks I'm fine. So why am I here, how do I fit in?"

"As I said earlier, Graham and Andrew thought it would be fun for me to be your mentor, to guide you along the problematic path you're exploring." She didn't say that earlier, Laura thought, it was just Weston. But it came as no surprise, or disappointment, that Andrew was also privy to the whole thing. Then she leaned in close and spoke almost in a whisper. "Even if I can't help you find any more of your pieces we can have a bloody good time looking." She sat back and laughed, recrossed her legs and pulled her skirt down to the knee. "What do you think, do you want to be my novice?"

Of course I want to, I've been desperate to since the restaurant incident, I've fantasized about you and flattened the batteries twice, came out rather differently. "Do you think a straight woman can be..." Laura hesitated, unsure of the correct word to use, "like that, to another woman I mean?"

"Of course. You'd have to do as you're told but that's what you like isn't it. The fact that I'm a woman just makes it more difficult at times. Take the woman I was with at the restaurant. She's a high flier at one of the universities, an academic and very conservative, but she's also submissive. There are so many bi curious and lesbian women in the top jobs but, despite what you saw and heard she's not one of them, in fact she's happily married. Her husband sends her to me because it's so humiliating for her, and she loves that. I love it too."

"What if I can't do what you say, if I haven't got it in me?"

"You have a very inviting innocence that I find appealing, but from what I've been told, beneath the surface you're very strong willed and curious. What I'm offering you is the opportunity to experience more of what you seem to have taken to like a duck to water. You're free to say no of course, we never force anybody to do anything they don't want to do." There was a pause in the conversation as Laura thought through what she'd heard. As if reading her mind Amelia then added, "Are you brave enough to be what you are?"

That evening, over dinner, Laura recounted the whole story to Andrew who freely admitted that he knew Amelia would offer her 'services', he just didn't know whether Laura would accept. There was no disguising his pleasure on hearing how things had turned out. "So, my straight laced little wife has a mistress now, how exciting," he'd teased.

"It's only to get the pieces, that's all," she said, rather too defensively. He shrugged off her denials of any personal enthusiasm for the arrangement.

"What have you got to do?" he asked.

"I've no idea, she just said she'd be in touch."