All Comments on 'Eldritch Mansion'

by Emberla

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
mbjstmbjstover 3 years ago
Way too awkward to read

I tried, but just couldn't do it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Suggestions

Can't give you a rating because while the story had merit, the formatting needs work.

Appreciate the Choose Your Action attempt but next time, instead of symbols, it'd be easier in a straight prose format if you just consecutively number each option as you go (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)

Each decision would have a different set of numbers and choosing an option leads to the next sequence with a different set of numbers.

Starting out with Option 1 having 4, 5 and 6. Option 2 having 7, 8 and 9 to choose between while Option 3 has 10, 11 and 12; and so on.

This results in picking Option 4 leading to Choices 13, 14, or 15. Picking Option 5 results in Choices 16, 17, or 18. ETC. And in the end you have however many different finales to conclude the adventure.

Also, I personally am not really a horror fan, so maybe a different genre next time?

Hope the above helps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A decent job overall

First time commenting here. I think the formatting was fine. I read this in the reverse direction (i.e. make the later choices first) and that seemed to make the story a lot more accessible to me personally. However, some of the endings seemed a lot less final than some other ones (e.g the ones where you have sex with Emily). Overall a nice attempt, but I think a fully fleshed out cyoa should be a lot longer than this, with more story between choices and more branching instead of just one main branch and mostly dead ends if you make a "wrong" choice. As for he story content it was average, with almost no nuance to it sadly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was so lost. I didn't know how to follow one story line

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have never seen a CYOA like this. It would have made sense if the symbols in parentheses had corresponded 1 to 1, but quite a few are marked (*). I don't know how it being cut into three pages affects navigation either. Help?

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

An 'A' for effort. It was hard to follow, maybe use numbers instead of the symbols

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous