All Comments on 'Elf on a Shelf'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Really great story, so well crafted. Five Stars.

I just read your bio and laughed out loud, I enjoy your sense of humor. Even your intro about stalking was really well done.

Good luck in the contest.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Aww. Thanks, S&F! I liked yours: A Whole New World. It made me realize I could be doing a whole lot more with sex scenes. I get into the characters too much and neglect the squishy stuff. Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A bit different than I expected, after the intro, but very well done. I’ll definitely be looking for more of your work.

5* —should be 7 or 8

Tc

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Anonymous! Honestly, it was a bit different than I expected, too. I didn't have it all in my head when I started, which can be risky. Thanks for the encouragement!

KdirtymindKdirtymindover 2 years ago

Really liked this, it was a change of pace to slowly get there and not just get there.

hectarehectareover 2 years ago

I love your writing style.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, KDM! I was thinking about how do you build intimacy credibly? A lot of stories go from zero to anal in 5 seconds, and while that can be sexy, it’s not always intimate. It doesn’t reach the heart. I wanted to try getting away from the instant-destiny-attraction thing and see what happened. Glad you liked it!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, hectare! I appreciate the encouragement. Contests and events can get me into that “why can’t I write like *them” space and then a story I loved when I wrote it turns into… meh. Thanks for the boost.

PromQueenSubduedPromQueenSubduedover 2 years ago

Good luck in the contest! Each story I read of yours, the word which comes to mind is “charming”; and I mean that in the best way. This felt intimate and sincere alongside the sexy. Thank you for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another rape story.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Well thanks, Prom Queen! I love doing the contests because so many more people take a look at the story - then, if they like what they read, maybe they'd check out a few more. I'm nowhere near winning, but considering what's out there, I don't mind that a bit. Thanks for the comment!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous Rape Reporter: my deepest condolences for not making Zach’s consent to Honey’s virginal sexual aggression perfectly clear. I hope you were not negatively affected. Thank you for not trivializing the issue of sexual assault by crying rape in ridiculously consensual situations… or not reading beyond the short description before you comment.

MangoBeaverhauszenMangoBeaverhauszenover 2 years ago

How do I use the word "cute" without it sounding demeaning? Cute is just what comes to mind. I quite liked this.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 2 years agoAuthor

I'll take cute. Maybe the world needs a bit of sweet and cute, too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeeeah.. totally don’t understand the anonymous poster calling this a rape story.

I thought the initial warning about the stalker behaviour was sensible. While this stalker wasn’t as intentionally controlling as some it was still terrible and he at least came to realise that.

I really liked this story! Thank you! Would definitely read any sequel about their foray into bdsm.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtabout 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous: There *is* a sequel! Go into my stories - click on my LingeringAfterthought linked-name - then go into my stories tab. "Cupid's Elf" is with the same characters a couple months later.

jra13jra13over 1 year ago

Starts out a lil meh but then I have to admit this turns into a really great lil read. Really start pulling for Zach near the end!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

jra13: Yeah, the start is bland - I wanted to establish the simplicity and innocence of Honey and give a contrast to the drama later. Sometimes it works, other times - you just hope the reader trusts you enough to get to the hook.

I like Zach. He's a bit rough, uptight, and utterly out of his element in taking care of Honey. Still, he cares enough to try to be a better person. There's another Honey & Zach story if you want one - see Cupid's Elf in my stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...