Embracing Home Ch. 03

Story Info
Lucy reconnects with her friends.
2.7k words
4.73
6.6k
8
0

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/27/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SE16
SE16
136 Followers

Lucy was somehow able to shake her lusty thoughts as they neared the large estate house. Her mind instead focused on forcing the change back to her human form.

Come on, girl. Work with me here! Lucy thought to her wolf. A yawn came from her lips as her wolf form approached the front doors. Clearly the wolf was not interested in letting the human take the lead for the time being.

Jackson pulled one of the large doors open for her. "Do take care not to break any more doors, little one." He shot her a disapproving stare, but the sparkle in his eyes belied his amusement.

Lucy thought back to how her wolf had barreled through their bedroom door and felt the embarrassment rise. But her wolf seemed to smirk. Lucy detected the feeling of self-satisfaction from the wolf at her show of strength.

Lucy felt dismayed at how incompatible the wolf seemed to be with the human side of her. Jackson looked at her knowingly and Lucy knew what he was going to say.

I know, I know. 'Be patient, mate.' Yeah, yeah. I got it. She muttered through their mate bond, clearly irritated.

Jackson raised an eyebrow at her. "And yet you still think she is so different from you? Insolence, my love..."

Just then a squeal rang out through the foyer. Two gorgeous black women rushed over to the wolf, smiling from ear to ear.

Melanie! Briana!

The human side of Lucy instantly recognized her best friends. She was so relieved to see them, giving her some small reminder of the life she'd known before coming to Pine Creek.

Lucy's wolf, on the other hand, started a deep, low growl. Lucy hushed her wolf, forcing a sense of relaxation to grow within herself.

She spoke slowly and calmly to her wolf internally, My friends. Our friends. Our family. Lucy was overwhelmed with the desire to hug the two women.

The weird sensations started again. She felt like a spring being coiled into a small box. Tension was building all over her body- her face, arms, legs. The bushy brown tail was shortening quickly and soon disappeared. A shiver ran over her skin.

And just like that, all of that tension was gone. She looked down at her hands. Much more familiar hands. Human hands.

Her mouth formed an "O" as she realized she'd done it—she'd changed!

"Holy shit!" She exclaimed, her hands roaming over her body to ensure that all of her had transformed correctly.

She absentmindedly pinched her nipples as she double checked her naked breasts.

Jackson groaned. Melanie giggled. Briana spoke, "Uh, Luce, need us to leave you alone with yourself for a min?"

"What?" Lucy soon realized exactly what kind of show she had been putting on for the three people in front of her. Her cheeks burned red, "Oh! Um. Sorry! I, uh, didn't realize..."

Bri laughed, "But I mean, I can't say I blame you with a body like that!" She let out a loud wolf whistle.

Lucy's hands moved in a flash to cover her breasts and vulva.

Melanie giggled again as she stroked her growing belly. It was then that Lucy realized that both women were also nude. She awkwardly tried to avert her gaze while still covering her own private parts.

Melanie offered softly, "You'll get used to it, honey. Nudity is not really an issue for us. When we're all together, we tend to shift a lot. Getting new clothes all the time is kinda annoying. But trust me, now that you're mated to the Alpha, no one would even think about trying anything."

Briana snorted, "Yeah or even looking at you for too long."

"If they know what's good for them," Jackson growled through the mate bond.

A strange look came over Jackson's face, almost like he was listening for something far away. He spoke aloud, "I have a few things to attend to in my office. Melanie, Briana, take Lucy up to the library. I'm sure she has a few questions you can answer for her."

"Pretty damn rude not to say 'please'..." Lucy muttered sharply, rolling her eyes.

Briana gasped and instinctively extended an arm, blocking her sister's pregnant belly. Melanie whined and looked down at the floor.

Lucy watched the sisters' reaction as she realized her outright public insubordination. "Oh shit," she whispered.

She turned slowly and saw Jackson looking deadly still. His eyes were a shimmering amber, glaring into hers, cold as ice.

For the first time, she was legitimately afraid of him.

He held her stare for an uncomfortably long amount of time. To Lucy, it felt like hours. She felt nothing from their mate bond. Only silence. Painful silence. Lucy saw in her mind's eye her wolf placing her tail between her legs and baring her neck openly.

Jackson took several slow, deep breaths before finally breaking the silence.

"We will discuss this later, mate." His voice in her head was quiet and unsteady.

Lucy gulped and nodded. He gave her one last icy stare before turning inhumanly fast and heading off to another part of the house.

Lucy looked over at the sisters biting her lip. "I fucked up really bad just now, didn't I?"

Melanie managed a sheepish smile before reaching out and pulling Lucy into a hug. "I've missed you, girl." She sniffed. To human Lucy, it might have sounded like Melanie was clearing her nose. But with her heightened senses, Lucy knew that Melanie was taking in her new, unique scent.

Briana rolled her eyes before wrapping her arms around both women for a quick embrace. "Alright, bitches. You heard the Alpha. Let's move this party elsewhere."

***

"I can't explain it that well... it just feels so... awkward. Like sometimes it's like we're one person with all the same thoughts, and then other times it feels like there's this... invader... inside of me." Lucy was trying to answer the sisters' questions about her first full day as a wolf.

Melanie nodded. "Actually yeah, I get it. Did you know Jeremy is a Turned wolf?" Lucy's eyebrows raised in surprise and shook her head.

"Yeah. It was a long time ago, but I remember seeing the world, our world, through our mate bond right after his Turning. It was a trip! I think letting him into my head a little more really helped. Like, he could see how my wolf and I cooperate and intertwine. I think that helped him find his rhythm a little easier, you know? Do you think you could try that with Alpha?"

Briana snorted, "Yeah, right! Can you imagine, being inside the Alpha's head? I've got enough of my own shit to deal with. I don't even wanna think about taking on anyone else's."

"I know that's right!" Melanie laughed.

But Jackson told me he can turn it off if he wants to, Lucy thought.

"What the fuck?!" Briana exclaimed and both women jumped.

"What?! What happened?" Lucy replied, alarmed by their reaction. Lucy stuck her arms out, bracing for some unknown impact.

"You- you projected into my head!" Briana said loudly.

"Mine too!" said Melanie.

"Really? How?!" Lucy was getting a little freaked out.

"Fuck if I know, but try it again! This is incredible!" Briana was clearly excited by the new development.

"I don't know how!" Lucy yelled back.

Melanie placed a hand on Lucy's arm, trying to calm her. "It's ok, it's ok. Just relax. Try and put yourself in the same headspace you were before. Start simple. Something short."

"Ummm" Lucy pondered aloud, trying to think of something to say. "Uh... I don't know... um..."

Fuck you, bitches!

All three women erupted into a fit of laughter.

Briana spoke first, "That's what I'm talking about! Luce, this is seriously amazing. You understand what this means, right?"

Lucy blinked at her. Briana shot a knowing glance at her sister.

Melanie smiled broadly at her friend, "It means you're an Alpha."

***

Jackson

Jackson listened intently at the conversation happening around his mate. He had sensed her alarm following discovery of her newfound ability to project into the minds of other wolves.

He quickly finished his call with one of the other Alphas.

Thinking about Lucy's Turning experience so far, he had to admit he was impressed. And really proud. She really was a natural.

Jackson had known she'd be special once the Turning was over—after all, she'd slept for such a long time. But the ability to project was extremely unique—very unique. Even among mates of Alphas.

He wondered what else she could do. What other talents and abilities she could use to lead and inspire the pack.

Watching her wolf play and explore in the forest was one of the most inspiring things he had seen in a long time. She was so curious about the world—and he couldn't wait to teach her.

Even the squabbling between Lucy and her wolf was minor. They weren't completely in sync yet, but that was to be expected.

And what a goddamn wolf she was!

What a firecracker. She was strong. She had excellent instincts. And she had a minimal amount of respect for his authority.

He'd have to do something about that...

When she had mouthed off to him in front of his packmates, he had nearly lost it. No one dared to talk back to the Alpha after an order was given. Ever. He wasn't a dictator by any means, but he ran a tight ship. Rules were vital. Hierarchy. Consequences.

But he was torn. If he was honest with himself, his mate had him wrapped around her perfect fingers. And as his mate, she deserved the highest respect from the pack, including the Alpha. So he couldn't exactly chastise or yell at her for her bad behavior in front of the pack if he wanted them to also respect and follow her. They had to present a united front to the others.

But he couldn't jeopardize the sense of order either. He could somewhat understand her desire to speak her mind and be strong enough to push back against him. In a way, he respected her passion. But it also pissed him off in a way that got deep under his skin and provoked the Alpha wolf within him. His wolf demanded to lead above all others. It was his rightful place. His birthright. Even if it had been hard-won.

The Alpha position was his.

And now he just heard Melanie say the one thing that had been gnawing at him since Lucy's wolf had awoken from the Turning.

Now there were two DeLane Pack Alphas.

Fuck.

***

Lucy

"Wait, wait. Is that even possible?" Lucy couldn't understand what she was hearing. Two Alphas? How could that even make sense? By definition, isn't there only one?

"Apparently it's possible, Luce. Only Alphas and mates can project. And last time I checked, you weren't my mate. We figured maybe you'd be a Beta like me, but this is even better!" Briana was ecstatic for her friend.

"Wait, 'Beta?'" Lucy turned to Briana.

"Well, duh! What did you think?" Briana beamed.

"I mean, I don't know..." I don't even know what all the... options... are.

Melanie smiled gently. "They're called 'positions' or 'ranks' and they're mostly pretty obvious from birth. Or Turning, as it were. There's the Alpha, of course. Then a handful of Betas. Then Thetas. Then Omegas." Melanie paused briefly to let it sink in before continuing. "But even within each rank, there's a hierarchy. So like, Hank is the top Beta, Alpha's true second-in-command. I'm a middle-ish Theta and Jeremy is one of the top Thetas."

"Ok... I think I get it. But what does it all mean?" Lucy was trying her hardest to understand the ways of the pack.

"Basically your rank just gives you different selections of jobs, more or less." Briana explained. "Similarly ranked wolves have similar skill sets which are better for certain kinds of jobs. Some wolves even change ranks over time, but that's usually pretty rare. But having the ranks helps keep the peace. Everyone has a clearly defined role. The DeLane pack has typically been known for exceptional harmony and lack of in-fighting... Aside from a little... hiccup... a while ago. But Alpha let me come to a meeting with the Council a few years ago, and you'd be surprised how some of the Alphas talk about their Omegas. Like slaves or something. Trust me, it's not like that here."

Lucy was relieved to hear that. Not that she expected Jackson to mistreat anyone, but still, it was good to know. Wait, what else had Briana said?

A 'hiccup' a while ago?

Briana opened her mouth to speak, but Melanie cleared her throat and cut in quickly, "Now that is something you need to hear about from Alpha himself."

Melanie softly nudged an elbow into her sister's side as Briana ignored her, "Yeah, yeah, talk to Alpha about it for sure. But let's just say his ascension to the throne wasn't exactly easy or peaceful..." Melanie drove her elbow into Briana a little firmer. "Ok! Ok! Shit, stop that! Mel, you're gonna give yourself a hernia. I'm not gonna say anything more. Damn!"

Lucy's brow furrowed. She was incredibly interested to hear more of this story, but it was pretty clear that she was barking up the wrong tree at this point. Plus she didn't want to put her friends in the position of overstepping the Alpha. She decided to let it go. For now.

She plastered a kind smile on her face and turned to Melanie, "So tell me, why does it look like you're three months further along every time I see you? You had a flat stomach only, what, two weeks ago?"

Melanie rubbed her belly proudly, "Well, our gestation period is a little different than humans'... so for normal wolves, it's what, 60 days or something? Well for werewolves, it's even shorter than that. It'll probably be time in just another two weeks or so." Melanie was almost literally glowing and she continued to stroke her belly. The joy was radiating off of her. "We're just so excited! It looks like its 2 or maybe even 3 pups. It's hard to tell from the scans. They're so wiggly!" She laughed.

"Well if they're anything like us, so help you Luna!" Briana joked.

"Hey now, I'll take as many as she can give me! You know we want a huge family!"

Lucy chuckled and reached towards Melanie's abdomen. What a blessing! For Mel and Jeremy, and for the whole pack.

Hand outstretched in midair, Lucy looked at Melanie hesitantly, "Can... can I try something?"

Melanie nodded vigorously, "Yes, of course!"

Lucy placed both hands on the women's stomach. She tried to block all other distractions and thoughts from her mind. She focused only on the life inside her friend's womb.

Hello, little pups. You are so lucky. Your mom and dad love you all already. You're going to have the coolest aunts, too. We can't wait to meet you. Be good in there.

After another minute or so of Lucy's hands on Melanie's belly, a strong kick from within poked at Lucy's hands. Lucy smiled at Melanie broadly, "Did you see that?!"

Melanie wiped a tear from her eye. "I did, Luce. They know their Alpha already." Briana wrapped an arm around her sister's shoulder.

Lucy stared at Melanie. She had such faith in Lucy- in her ability to lead, her trustworthiness. It was overwhelming. It was humbling. The weight of it hit Lucy like a ton of bricks. It occurred to her that this is what leadership and responsibility is all about- taking care of those around her. Those who needed her and trusted her. Being there for her pack.

Lucy felt her own tears prick at the corners of her eyes and grabbed both women into a tight hug.

Lucy wiped her eyes as she pulled back. She looked at Melanie again and smiled, "One last thing."

Melanie was wiping the tears from her cheeks as she replied, "Yeah, absolutely! Sorry! I'm sure you have a ton more questions. Sorry to distract you with this."

Lucy shook her head, grinning wider. "No. No more questions now. Mel, there's three. Three pups. And they love you so much already."

SE16
SE16
136 Followers