All Comments on 'Emperor Marinianus' Grand Orgy'

by WorldofEros

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
DonOctavioDonOctavioabout 1 month ago

Wow, definitely heavy on the sex, but it also made sense given the setting. I enjoyed the story as it was up to your usual level of quality.

Personal preference, though, I'm a bigger fan of Aranthir and Vesian. Bromm has grown on me. Decius is a little too arrogant for my personal tastes, and his overall character is a bit shallow. Aranthir and Vesian have genuine heroic qualities that makes them extremely likeable. Bromm is a scoundrel, but you've developed his character so well that it makes sense - he started out as a poor sailor who dreamed of more. Decius just comes across as an arrogant, rich, powerful mage.

For me, your best work has been when you show your protagonists having highs and lows. Aranthir has been a kingmaker and queenmaker with his swords, guns and magic. He was Nystra's champion. Yet he has also been a slave, and struggled for money to pay for his spice. Vesian has faced certain death and the resulting despair (orcs and a dragon), found love, and done it all with the help of his best friend and squire. Bromm has been a lowly sailor and a captain, a kingmaker and a castaway, a scoundrel and a hero. It is their complexity that makes them such incredible and rich characters.

It's why I love that you tell your stories in non-linear fashion. Part of your genius is that you keep your reader guessing as to when the story took place in the overall timeline. A little Tarantino-esque.

I think Decius is interesting. However, I think he, more than any of your other characters, would benefit from a cross-over with one of the Big Three. Let him help Bromm jump between worlds. Or help Vesian in defending the border from an orc horde. Or aid Aranthir in a plot by Elven nobles who want to assisinate him because of his connection to his father. I just feel like Decius needs something make him a little more complex. Something that pushes him more toward the role of hero or anti-hero/villain. I mean, even pushing him toward the role of a villain would be something...maybe he gets his hands on some powerful artifact and he becomes the big bad villain in your larger world.

My suggestions aside, this was another exceptional story from you. You never fail to deliver a top-quality read. I think you are among the top 3 authors on the site, and hands down the best fantasy author in my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWorldofEros@WorldofEros
I've always loved making my own worlds and stories, so I made a world specifically for my erotic stories. I would describe them as being like Conan the Barbarian stories, but with more explicit sex. Check out my subreddit at reddit.com/r/WorldofEros My stories are also host...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dread Rising Previous Part
Decius Series Info