All Comments on 'Enchantress 4 - Turtle Eclipse'

by Duleigh

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
ender2k2kender2k2k7 months ago

That was perfect. I loved the title. The story was a really good continuation and it is such a pleasure to keep visiting Disc world with new stories. The ending got surprisingly dark but you wrote those scenes very well. I hope you plan on another chapter. Thank you so much

DuleighDuleigh7 months agoAuthor

Thank you, here's the outline - Next Month is a special entry for the Winter Holiday contest, Hogwatch! then after that is Enchantress 5, and the entire saga ends with Enchantress 6

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🙏

ChrisTheCrookChrisTheCrook5 months ago

I just loved your wonderful Discworld stories! The "Happy Hogswatch!" title caught my eye in the new sci-fi story list and that lead me to the Enchantress series. They are nice tribute to Sir Terry's works. I really enjoyed all the silly, punny names. Also the parenthesized footnotes worked surprisingly well—probably better than if they had been done using links. Flipping back and forth that way isn't that easy in HTML. I've no idea how Estonian became Elvish (probably because it's language people have never heard of) but it was a nice addition.

I have already enjoyed voluptuary_manque(2)'s short stories but a longer series like this allows more elaborate story arches and more lifelike characters, which were nicely interwoven with the original characters.

There were a few inconsistent names/things, which could have been spotted by an editor such as Sheila/Shelia/Shiela and Princess Esmerelda Margaret Check/Note Spelling. They didn't spoil the fun but temporarily broke "the spell", which the story had woven inside my head.

I'm happily waiting for the last two instalments (and hopefully some other Discworld related stories if you feel them struggling out of the dungeon dimensions we call our brain 😉).

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum5 months ago

Another great story. The Duke and Duchess have evolved into amazing characters. You have provided several key sub characters like Preston and Annabelle, the dwarfs, loyalty of some of the king’s court, etc. This makes your story a wonderful read. Is Jai going to be coming to the duchy for learning and play? Did he have their L space entry reopen so travel to the bookstore possible again?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDuleigh@Duleigh
Disabled veteran, learning how to live from the sidelines. Still trying to figure out if I'm writing these stories, or if these stories are writing me. I've given them free rein to flow and now it's time to start publishing, The scores reflect that you like what I am publishin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES