Endangered Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ltpc
ltpc
3,764 Followers

Chris watched his efforts go up in smoke, literally, and realised that Immi had been right, it was hard to maintain the concentration required to keep the energy in check, contained where it didn't want to be.

He would have to work at it so it was automatic, not requiring his attention every second. He swallowed, then burped out a final little mushroom cloud of soot before looking apologetically towards his audience.

Annabel was smiling brightly at him.

"You're such a doofus sometimes."

"It's harder than it sounds," he defended with a toothy grin.

"Yes. And you did well for your first time," Immianthe added.

"Thank you, Immi," he reached to stroke a finger down her back. "I really appreciate you helping us."

"It's the least I can do, Master," she crooned underneath his touch.

"I think it's time we actually got some sleep though. Tomorrow might be a bit... well, it's certainly a daunting prospect," Chris wasn't entirely sure how he felt about meeting the two dragonesses. He was certainly nervous though. To be honest, he wasn't sure he would get to sleep easily at all.

"It will be fine, babe," Annabel soothed.

"Thanks, Dee. Should we go back now?"

She nodded and he began pulling her with him as the colours and textures around them became whole again. The light changed quality quickly, now a soft yellow from the lamp in their room.

The air felt thicker and he breathed deeply the rich scents his sensitive reptilian tongue and nose had been unconsciously missing in the Ether.

Dominating his senses was his First's lovely smell, which he savoured as he pulled her close and settled them down into the bed. The sprite merged back of her own accord a few moments later and seemed happy enough with her position on his chest.

He ruffled his wings a little underneath himself and pulled the sheet across them all, enjoying the soft breeze it created at it settled and the light caress of fabric on his skin. With his other arm he reached for the bedside lamp, submerging them in darkness.

The burn on his back was barely a dull throb now, causing enough discomfort to keep his tired body awake for only a few more moments as Annabel's breathing deepened and Immi settled herself down.

"Master?" came the sprite's whisper after several minutes of stillness.

"Yes, little one?" the dragon murmured back.

"I'm glad I found you."

"So am I."

His hand settled gently on her delicate form and she wrapped her arms possessively around his index finger, giving it a tiny kiss as they all eventually drifted into a peaceful, deep, sleep.

***

Chris enjoyed the ruffle of wind in his hair as he drove with the window cracked.

He liked driving, hadn't had much of a chance lately though. It was a nice day for it, sunny and not too hot; they were about thirty minutes out of Laramie now, having just crossed the state line.

The drive had been quiet. Lillian usually wasn't much of a talker, Annabel seemed preoccupied, and Susan either didn't like the sprite or didn't like how quickly she'd been accepted into their lives. He couldn't be sure.

Admittedly, he should be more cautious about letting the tiny woman in, he'd have to talk with his mother about it later. Regardless, he trusted his dragon's instinct when it came to the tiny woman who was now sitting in his lap as he drove down the deserted highway.

The sprite was in love with modern music from the moment Annabel had turned on the radio in Susan's Subaru, dancing around the car, barely bothering to stay below the vision of other drivers. Her activity, along with the early afternoon sun had finally worn her out and she'd fallen asleep up against him after begging unashamedly for a morsel of food.

The warm air tickled his nostrils as he concentrated on the road, attempting to keep his mind away from the upcoming meeting. Scents of the surrounding countryside and road reminded him of his childhood and helped keep him calm.

This was nice, he thought. If it weren't for the sordid reason for the trip, it would almost seem like they were a normal family... Okay maybe not, the roles were a bit wrong. But who cared anyway?

He was about to be mated to a young dragoness, the youngest dragon alive except for himself. On top of that, if he hit it off with her mother, all the better, according to Elizabeth Guthrie. It was exciting, his dragon was chomping at the bit just to scent her, a nice little female, one of his own species. Not to mention how he felt about beginning the rigorous process of impregnating her as soon as possible.

On the other hand, Chris was terrified. What if she rejected him, just like she had the other six males? What then? Did that mean he wasn't good enough?

He knew he had to try, understanding that their species was on the brink of extinction. Sure, in the moment he would probably enjoy it but it felt very staged and unnatural to his human mind.

Lillian's intel had described Claire Godran as a fiery young woman, quick witted and tempered, passionate, and perhaps a little spoilt. By all accounts her personality matched her aspect.

Petra, her mother, was several hundred years older and much more level headed, a fierce protector of her adult daughter. They were currently under protection in the Western Territory, living outside the hub city of Los Angeles, in San Diego.

Petra had called again from the road that morning, expecting to arrive around five that afternoon at the latest. Apparently both women were excited to meet him too but it didn't help to know that. Chris had one hell of a bunch of butterflies brewing in his tummy now that his mind had wandered back to them.

So he distracted himself with driving the five of them home to Laramie, to see Jethry, and perhaps attempt to save his species.

***

The little dairy ranch seemed unchanged, there was no reason it would have, but it felt like he'd transformed so much since he'd left that he thought it might be different too. It seemed months ago he'd left this place but really it was a matter of days or weeks.

The old werecat was on his porch waiting for them and as soon as he parked, Chris was on his way to give his friend a sound hug.

"It's good to see you boy. You've grown some," Remarked the werecat, sizing him up as they broke away.

"Yeah, some things changed when I came back to my human form. I gained a couple of inches among other things, I'm much stronger now too, even when I'm human."

"Good!" Jethry chuckled. "I've got some work for you to do before your guests arrive. I hired that Simmons kid from down the road to fill in for you but he's a human, doesn't have your stamina. I'd have done it myself you see, it's just my back's been acting up, you know."

Chris eyed him suspiciously. Sure, Jethry was old for a human, but he wasn't a human. It wouldn't be beneath him to play up an injury to get Chris to do some heavy chores he didn't want to do himself, he'd done it before.

"Alright old man, at least you're smart enough to admit you're not up to doing everything around here. We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," Chris quipped back.

Jethry almost rose to the bait, but simply smiled graciously and went to greet the others, wounded pride was better than lifting heavy objects.

"Susan my dear, you look even more beautiful," Jethry practically bellowed as he strode past Chris, making her blush a little as they met on the gravel driveway, giving her a warm hug. Chris' scent was all over her though and he stepped back to look her in the eye. "You two..."

"Yes, Jethry, we're together now," Susan replied a little nervously.

"Good for you! I'd backed you to resist him for about a month maybe two but it appears I've greatly overestimated your self-restraint and sense of decency," His Cheshire grin gave away his game completely though.

"Oh shut up," Susan laughed, batting him playfully. She was really happy to see him again, still the same old Jethry.

"Ahh, and let's not forget the loveliest girl in Laramie, the spring flower, Annabel," Jethry purred, ever the charmer. "My dear, Is he treating you well? You know if you have a falling out, I've got two perfectly good shoulders to cry on."

"I'm great Jethry, thanks. It's good to see you again," Annabel replied happily but with a new appreciation for the elderly werecat.

"Jethry's got a bad back Annabel, if we ever break up you should probably look for more stable shoulders to lean on," Chris added, drawing a playful hiss and chuckle from him.

"Young people these days, no respect," Jethry muttered, playing his age to the limit. "Am I right, vampire?"

"Indeed," Lillian said from invisibility, leaning against the car and assessing her surroundings. "It's nice to meet you in person, I've heard a few old stories about you I'd find hard to believe."

"Back at you my dear, how about we reminisce later on tonight so I can ogle your assets, I hear they're legendary."

"They are," Annabel laughed. It was true, Lillian's body and especially her bust was world class, if you got a chance to see them.

Lillian was just thankful her blush was currently invisible too.

"You can come out too, little one. I don't bite, much," Jethry turned back to the car.

Immi, peaked around the door and fluttered up to Chris's shoulder.

"Hello, kitty," she squeaked.

"You're cute, so I'll let you get away with that," growled the werecat with no real menace.

"This is Immianthe, Immi for short," Chris introduced.

"Uh hunh, and how did you two meet? I can see she's already quite drogonstruck."

"We found her in the Ether," Annabel explained. "She was being attacked by a wraith and Chris healed her."

"I took the opportunity to bind myself to him and now he's my Master," Immi said.

"Immi, call me Chris. Remember?" Chris coaxed with an embarrassed glance at the werecat.

Jethry could only shake his head.

"You're unbelievable boy, you leave for barely two weeks and come back with all these beautiful women hanging from your arms, fetching to add another two while you're here."

"Um... yeah," Chris' embarrassment was rising.

"Good work, son!" Jethry clapped the startled dragon on the back. "Well go on, all of you. I've got a roast to prepare for tonight's dinner. I'll be over a bit later to throw it in your oven, Susan."

They unpacked the car and spent the rest of the afternoon mostly relaxing. Susan checked all her precious plants and found that Jethry had actually been doing exactly as she'd instructed, they were still flourishing, if slightly overgrown.

Lillian, Annabel, Immi, and Jethry played a couple of rounds of cards while Chris did some chores, mosty restacking some hay bales which had fallen off the pile and splitting a stack of particularly knotty pieces of wood which Jethry had given up on. It was actually enjoyable to be back doing things he felt so familiar with, it took his mind off the dragons he was about to meet. His newfound strength lent a comfortable easiness to the tasks he had already acquired the finesse for as a human.

Meanwhile at cards, Lillian used her telekinesis to hold her cards in front of her chair whilst floating very stealthily around to look her opponents' hands, confounding Jethry and Annabel greatly until she took pity and admitted her deception to cries of supreme outrage and laughter.

The time passed much too quickly for Chris. Five o'clock had just come and gone and he was nervously sitting at the kitchen bar. Annabel came and hugged him close, kissing him desperately, successfully conveying all her angst, which made him feel even worse.

The tension was palpable and Jethry excused himself, tactfully realising he probably shouldn't be there, at least in the beginning.

Susan was busying herself in the kitchen needlessly and Lillian was sat on a couch, visible now that the sun was low enough not to penetrate into the house. Immi was perched next to her, the least effected, she was looking forward to watching the dragons meet and mate.

***

"How much longer?" Claire whined.

"It's not far now, dear," Petra said patiently from the driver's seat of their SUV.

"But why do we have to come all the way out here, there's nothing out here!" She gestured out into the flat alpine farmland. It really did look quite barren.

"Your potential mate is out here, that's why," Petra said, a little snappily. She was on edge herself and although she could understand her daughter's nervousness, the constant questions about him and how long the drive would take were wearing her down. She sighed. "Sorry baby, I know you're nervous but I am too. It can't be more than a few minutes now."

"Oh God, Mom. What if he doesn't like me? What if he isn't right for me?" Claire worried aloud, fidgeting in her seat and twisting a strand of her red hair between her fingers.

"Shhh, it's okay, Claire-bear. There's nothing not to like and as for the second part, you can't do anything about it if you two don't match. Just promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Just be nice to him, please. Don't be mean, he's only been fully awakened for a few weeks. If he isn't right for you just say so and be polite. I'll tan your ass if you put him off of dragons for good, so will Elizabeth."

In the past, Claire had sometimes been quite rude to her other potential mates when their advances weren't accepted. She hadn't clicked with any of the six males and sometimes, she'd let them know. This was her daughter's last chance to find a mate until another male was born, it could be hundreds of years. She'd prayed to her aspect, the wind, that her daughter would find happiness with this young male. That possibly, she could too.

"Okay, I'll try. I know I've only got one shot at this," Claire straightened her spaghetti-strapped tank top nervously against her toned tummy. She brushed lower to pull her blue, pleated mini skirt down a little.

Would she finally have a worthy male to hold her down and take her? Her dragon was eager inside her, she'd been lonely for so long, her biological clock was ticking, demanding she find a mate. However, she wouldn't settle for anything second rate. He had to be the best to tame her fire.

Apparently, he was a class one. That was intimidating.

Claire herself was a low class two whilst her Mom was mid to high in the same category. A class one was so much more powerful, exponentially so.

Doubt swept through her again. What if she hadn't worn the right clothes? She'd tried to go for a look that would entice him, something he'd associate with someone his age, even though she was about 45 years older she probably looked like she'd just hit twenty-one. Qualms flooded her nervous mind, her outfit was way too showy, practically slutty. What if she liked him but he didn't like her? What if they did mate? She'd never done anything with a man, her dragon rejecting any advances.

"Do we have time to stop so I can change?"

Petra looked over at her daughter curiously then chuckled. She must really be a nervous wreck.

"No baby, he isn't going to care what you're wearing, which is very provocative by the way. He's going to care about what's underneath your clothes. How you look, how you smell, how you taste, how you feel to his dragon."

Claire wished she could have her mother's exterior cool confidence. She was so beautiful with her platinum blond hair and perfect full curves, looking so pretty in jeans and a tight little blazer without even trying.

Sure, some guys drooled for her own body type, less curvy but toned and slim. Perky and tight, athletic. Her red hair and fine complexion was apparently also big plus too but right then, Claire would have swapped it all for just a little more confidence and experience to dispel the snakes writhing around inside her stomach.

Still, there was no denying, it was exciting. Terrifying but exciting. She might finally have sex! To feel fulfilled after an orgasm rather than unsatisfied and cranky like her masturbation sometimes left her.

"Mom, if we do... you know. What do I do?"

"I'm sure you're familiar with the biology. It'll come naturally dear, don't worry. Just let him take the lead and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Let him know what you want if he isn't already doing it."

Petra was a little distracted, the GPS indicated that they were right on top of their destination, only there wasn't a house in sight, just a long dirt road leading off around a small hill. She slowed all the way down as they approached, there was nothing else.

"This must be it."

"Here?" Claire had expected something more flashy for a dragon, their house in San Diego was huge, a veritable mansion with luscious gardens behind high walls with big gates.

"Elizabeth mentioned he grew up on a ranch," Petra said, turning into the driveway and building up a little speed, she didn't want to go too fast in their SUV though, the road was quite narrow and bumpy.

"If he's a hick, I'm gone," Claire joked to ease her mounting tension, it was almost palpable in the air now.

"That's not nice," Petra chided gently.

"It was a joke, Mom. Hey, do you feel that? It's...

Claire couldn't really describe the feeling, there was something potently magical nearby though, a Being or spell. It made the back of her neck tingle.

"That's him, Claire."

"No way! I can't even see him."

"He's a class one, high in the category if I'm not mistaken," explained Petra soothingly, she didn't want her daughter freaking out now. The male's presence was huge though, so strong, it called to her dragon and Petra could only assume it was doing the same to her daughter.

"I can feel him," Claire breathed, her dragon was basking in his aura as they got closer and closer. She'd never felt this with any of the others, it was almost overwhelming.

A barn came into view, followed by two houses and a parking area with a station wagon and an ancient but obviously well cared for pickup.

Petra pulled up and took a moment to feel out the male's presence. Elizabeth was right, he was the strongest she could remember feeling, and he was only two weeks old as a dragon. She looked over at her daughter, her eyes were closed and her chest was heaving.

"Let's go, Claire, this is it."

Petra opened her door as Claire did, hearing the front door of the nearest house open. She met Claire at the back of the SUV but they both stopped in their tracks as a faint scent wafted across their sensitive noses.

It was smoky and rich, spicy, and oh-so masculine. Petra felt her mouth water and her nostrils instantly flare.

Jesus he must be a big one, she thought to herself as she went to nudge her petrified daughter forwards. However, a new scent blossomed from her daughter then, a ripe, sweet, earthy smell. Strawberries. Claire's mating pheromones smelt of the ripest, sun-hot strawberries.

"Oh baby, already?" Petra asked, releasing her pheromones indicated that her daughter wanted to mate badly, that she accepted the male.

Claire simply nodded.

"You don't want to see him first? To meet him?"

I don't need to, Claire thought, shaking her head, beyond words at the moment because her dragon was dragging her towards him. She smiled briefly at her concerned mother, turned and stormed up the stairs to the front porch. Completely ignoring the witch at the door, pushing inside to find her destiny.

Petra jumped into action, quickly following her headstrong daughter before she got into trouble. "Sorry," she apologised to the witch. "I'm Petra, that was Claire. She's a bit high strung at the moment."

"No problem. It's nice to meet you. I'm Susan, Chris's broodmate and surrogate mother," Susan replied, extending her hand towards the dragoness for a brief handshake.

"Should we go check on them?"

"I think that's a good idea."

***

Chris could hardly believe his eyes, the redhead advancing on him was absolutely gorgeous. Slim and just a little shorter than Annabel's 5'8''. You could tell she was an athlete, the way her midriff had perfect muscle definition with pale, silky skin over the top; her red tank top clung to her and swelled around her breasts.

ltpc
ltpc
3,764 Followers
1...45678...13