All Comments on 'Equals'

by doublebind

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Kykidd87Kykidd87over 3 years ago
Please seek help

This seems like a cry for help. The main character should commit suicide before letting any of that happen.

satedandwaitingsatedandwaitingover 3 years ago

Very good story. I would have enjoyed more of the initial walk. From seemingly confident and independent young woman to suddenly a bit insecure. From intelligent and well spoken to struggling to form a response. From assertive to submissive. A small piece crumbling and falling away each time. I'd love to watch that decline from near equals to degraded submissive bitch.

I love that you didn't jump straight into action. Too many stories jump straight to the end and miss the best parts of the journey. Looking forward to more - and all the humiliating stops along the way.

doublebinddoublebindover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to Kykidd87

I could understand that reaction from someone who hadn't clicked on a story in the NonConsent/Reluctance category, or if there were not a prominent warning at the top that themes of humiliation are involved. As it stands, I don't really understand why you clicked in the first place, or kept reading?

As for your suggestion that the main character commit suicide: Doesn't that strike you as just a little... disproportionate? She could simply find another flat.

doublebinddoublebindover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to satedandwaiting

Thanks! Glad to see there are others who enjoy a long buildup/breakdown before the release. This story was an attempt to maximise the D/S payoff of a small amount of action, future stories will likely be both more explicit and harder.

I don't picture Ruth as having ever been confident and assertive... I'll keep your suggestion in mind, but I'm likely to stick with writing subs who are in some way marked or destined for servitude (though they may be unaware of this themselves, at least initially).

lowradiationlowradiationover 3 years ago

Hi doublebind

Excellent story, thanks.

I sent you a PM btw, did you get it?

Ruth was never assertive. Isn't that why she finds herself in the position she's in now?

Regards

Charles

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyover 3 years ago
Painful

Very well written, plaudits are deserved! It was a painful read, so that is credit to you. You describe a socially unaware awkward girl who is compelled to put others before herself. The pain is the cringe of someone so callously taking advantage of her. This is something I've witnessed a thousand times over in one form or other and what I hate most is the disdain that others have for someone who is compelled to serve. Surely other people deserve disdain more, but more often they tend to attract admiration instead.

I have a vain hope that Ruth actually has a border line personality disorder and finds that her Goddess has skanky dirty clay feet and because she has allowed herself to be humiliated by serving a false diety she brings out the chains and instruments of punishment and unleashes her inner demons. I do like a happy ending!

doublebinddoublebindover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to lowradiation

Thanks Charles! And thanks for mentioning your PM, prompting me to actually check that email account and reply :)

doublebinddoublebindover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to notusuallyshy

Thanks for the kind words! I'm sorry that you were hoping for a redemption arc that didn't come -- I realise that's a popular story flavour, but it's just not the flavour I enjoy. If there is a sequel, things will continue to worsen for Ruth.

Like you, I'm frustrated by who is disdained and admired in the real world, but for some twisted reason, for me this manifests as fantasies of even more extreme and unfair treatment. Most of the "work" in my stories is in getting, at least somewhat plausibly, to a point where one character realises that they can take advantage of another without thinking about the latter's needs at all, and then acts on this realisation. Which I fully understand is diabolical ;) Hope you find a story with a happy ending to enjoy :)

lowradiationlowradiationover 3 years ago

Hello again

I've sent you another PM

doublebinddoublebindover 3 years agoAuthor
Reply to lowradiation

Thanks lowradiation, I've replied. From now on I'll check my emails regularly so no need to notify me here :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous