ESP

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Our divorce went through without a hitch. I was able to pay out Elaine for her half of the house. I packed up and sent all her stuff to New Zealand where she was staying with shithead. I may have accidentally pissed on some of her clothing, OK, all of it, before I packed it all in garbage bags and boxed it up. Each photo which she asked for, I meticulously doctored, so that it showed only her, oh and a picture of a female dog. I thought that represented a certain amount of justice. The bitch pissed on our marriage, so ...!

I heard from Courtney some time after our divorce was finalised. Apparently, all was not good in the land of shithead and bitch. James decided that he could step out on Elaine now. Old habits die hard and Elaine was not impressed. Funny that! A cheater didn't like being cheated on. Well, also apparently, James shithead didn't like being told in no uncertain terms by Elaine that he had to stop it. He slapped her around a bit. Enough for Elaine to end up in hospital, hence Courtney's knowledge of their state of affairs. Courtney commented to me that, in her drug-induced sleep, Elaine would mutter over and over again, "My life is over, my life is over!"

Elaine dipped into a state of depression and went onto mind-numbing medication.

The article in the newspaper only just mentioned the incident on the last section of the international news section. An apartment belonging to a Mr James Sloop was burnt, in an apparent robbery gone wrong. It was believed that a group of armed men, unknown to police, entered the apartment and attacked the owner while trashing the apartment. In their haste to leave, with the owner unconscious on the floor, the group set the apartment alight. Unbeknown to the group, a female occupant, in a drug-induced sleep, was also in the apartment. Both occupants died at the scene.

I read the article and felt the weight lift off my shoulders. I didn't want them to die, but sometimes, karma is a bitch! Of course, karma needs a helping hand sometimes. Of the twenty, or so, jilted men I contacted before leaving New Zealand, a great number of them took to drinking together at a local watering hole and discussed the person of interest in their failed marriages.

I put the newspaper down and said aloud to the spirit of my dead ex-wife, "You were right my dear. Your ESP was sort of accurate. You did see James and now your life is over. Really over! But when you saw James, you didn't see that our life, which we invested so much love and time into, was also over."