Eva Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We thanked the doctor profusely. And then I cried my heart out. It could have gone so differently. Everyone hugged me through their own worry and I hugged them back. Thank goodness for that family, all wonderful people.

Everyone went home and of course, I told Cammy she didn't have to go to school in the morning. She went home with Phyllis and Harold while I stayed at the hospital. Eva was asleep as I sat by her side, and Dr. Thomas was right, she did look like hell. She also never looked so good to me before. If I didn't fully appreciate her over the previous years, I swore I would always be devoted to her.

Our baby was brought into the room and I got to know my son while his mom slept. For the moment he was named Baby Boy Grossman. His little hands tried to grab my finger and my heart burst with joy. The nurse brought in a small bottle for him to eat and I fed my son for the first time.

While I cradled him in my arms and held the bottle for him I heard a weak voice. "Hey Papa Bear. Is that who I think it is?" Eva was smiling as best she could.

"It sure is. It's our little boy. Hey little boy, come meet your mommy." I stood and brought him to her, still holding him but letting Eva touch his head and his face. She then cried painful tears.

"Jon, what happened? The last thing I remember is seeing him and you."

"Honey, you had a rough time of it. I'll wait until the doctor comes to explain it to you. But you're here, alive, and I'm going to take such good care of both of you. We're going to have a great life, all of us. I love you with all my heart. Both of you and Cammy too."

She was teary and worried about me, but I told her not to. I'd be fine. A little while later the nurse came to take him back to the room and Dr. Thomas came in. "Well, you gave us a scare, Eva, but you're going to be fine. I know you feel weak right now and you will for a while. But you will recover fully." Then she gave us the bad news. Due to the damage caused from the ruptured artery, she told us Eva shouldn't get pregnant again. It was a blow, for sure, but Eva was alive and right then that was all that mattered.

We were holding hands, the best we could do right then. I couldn't hug her, between the IVs and her weakness. But her hand felt fantastic in mine. The doctor was almost out of the room when something came to her. "Eva, Jon, we don't have a name yet? Have you decided or do you need some time?"

"You didn't give him a name, Jon?"

"I was waiting for you, my love. I didn't want to do it without you. Are we certain. the names we discussed?"

Eva nodded her head and I agreed with her. She said "Doctor, his name is Connor Reed Glazer-Grossman."

"That's a mouthful" the doctor said with a smile.

"Yes it is. And that's his name. For all time." We smiled and I kissed my wife with all the love in my heart. A little later I wheeled her to see our son again and this time, with the nurse standing right next to us, Eva held her son for the first time. I held her while she held him. Then she said "Welcome to the world, Connor Reed Glazer-Grossman. We love you so very much!"

Then our family came in, all of them back again and they all met the newest member of the family, everyone giving him a kiss. And I swear he smiled.

Welcome to the world and to your family, Connor Reed Glazer-Grossman.

We love you forever.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope you liked this chapter, the highs and the lows, but mostly the highs. Your votes and comments are always appreciated.