Everyday Life with Bubbles Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sharhalla shook his head, "You are... Better than I. Will send Rali to deliver present when she finished at market. I... I sorry."

"You're apologising to a cat!?" Erientyara said in astonishment, causing her husband to glare at her and growl. The woman immediately dropped back into meekness, emitting white smoke.

Ninaein scoffed, "Bitch. Come on, Bubbles. Need get some ointment on this before your nerves unfreeze."

She let herself be led into the house, still wondering what taboo Sharhalla had broken by bedding the neko without his wife. Was that why Rali had done everything first, when they had played?

Or was this just the arrogance of royalty?

Ninaein made her sit at the table, before coming back with a mortar and pestle. The thief showed a practised ease as she ground up something green with a bitter smell to it. Her ears were twitching with a barely controlled rage as she stood beside the table.

Bubbles winced, "Nina not hurt Erin."

"Fine."

She swallowed at the angry word, "P-please? Bubbles thinks there's more going on. That dragon and cat not get. Please?"

"I already said I wouldn't!" Ninaein half-yelled, speaking rudely in the first-person.

Bubbles stared at her, "She... Hates Bubbles? What the fuck did she do to Nina?"

"You got hurt. Again." Ninaein stopped what she was doing and leaned her hands on the edge of the table, her chest heaving, "She... I... Ninaein can't! She can't! She's... She's..."

Bubbles felt her shoulders droop and stepped over to her girlfriend, hugging her sideways as the Coiner burst into frightened tears. She leaned her head on her shoulder as she pulled their waists together, and purred gently.

Ninaein turned and shoved her head into Bubbles' neck and let out a howling sob. Clawing at her clothes and pulling at the neko as she emotionally collapsed. The anger had just been a mask. Bubbles knew that her girlfriend felt like a failure, as if it were her fault that, once again, the blonde had got hurt.

She rubbed Ninaein's back gently and hummed quietly to her, a song of the homeland. She held her until the black-haired woman had no more tears to give, and then gently sat her down in a chair and plopped herself into her lap.

"Pretty sound..." Ninaein whispered, "Why does she know it?"

Bubbles opened her mouth, and lightly began to sing. "Over hill and sea, we will fight with spear in hand, but always... Our hearts belong... To the sands beyond."

The Coiner smiled sadly, and with the worst pitch of any singer that Bubbles had ever heard, sang the next line. "Take us captive, chain our wrists, and bind our throat, but always... Our hearts belong... To the sands beyond."

The two nuzzled each other with sad smiles, and sang alongside each other, Bubbles instinctively trying to form a melody that would make Ninaein less painful to listen to. "We may love a human, we may bed an orc, we will fight the kitsune! But always... Always! Our hearts belong... To the sands beyond."

Ninaein sniffled, "She's... Sorry. And sorry you saw her like this."

"Her Nina loves her. Loves her so much it hurts." Bubbles whispered and brushed her cheek, "She's not a good girlfriend to her Nina. To any of you. Bubbles is self-centred. She forgets that what she does affects everyone, now. Kaia would be mad, and hurt. Edric would silently pretend to be okay. He never let himself cry. Nina is allowed to hurt. Especially because she feels things deeper than anyone else in the house."

The neko sniffled, "Edric needs to grow up. Some things deserve a good cry."

"Bubbles agrees." She smiled at her and lightly kissed her. "She loves her Nina. Does she know that? She loves her. Not say it often... Mostly because it more fun, not to. But she does love her. A lot. Bubbles would rage if anyone took her Nina away."

Ninaein sighed and shook her head, "That's the point. Kaia is a succubus who has been around lords. Ninaein is a Coiner. We're allowed to get hurt. You... Aren't. You're fragile. You don't know how to fight. The streets get people killed, Bubbles. They not make you strong enough."

"Bubbles counts her Nina's scars." She found herself saying, threatening to burst into tears, "New ones. Every time they share the bed! She hates that, too!"

The Coiner smiled and cupped her cheek, "She's sorry. Her job hurts her wife. She can't be anything else, not really. But she will always make sure that she comes home to her Bubbles."

"Not. Wife." Bubbles rolled her eyes, and then kissed her again, "But she still loves."

Ninaein shrugged and gave a half-smile, "Eh. She said girlfriend enough and it happened. So now she says wife."

"Thief." Bubbles glowered and then giggled.

Her girlfriend kissed her, a soft and lingering one. Not carrying any expectations with it, just telling her that the neko loved her unconditionally. She loved her completely, the good and the bad. She was devoted to her, and to her alone.

Bubbles flushed as the kiss broke, "One more of those, and she forget her wrist and takes Nina to bed."

"Five minutes." Ninaein replied, and gave a small purr, "She only needs five minutes to make the poultice... And then we can go to bed."

%746769726C43616665%

Less than five minutes later, Ninaein was sitting on the edge of the table with Bubbles' tongue licking at her slit. The thief's skirt was resting on Bubbles' ears, which felt a little irritating, but she was determined to show just how much she loved her girlfriend and that meant not taking the time to get undressed.

Ninaein's underwear still hung from one ankle, wrapped around her big leather boot and caught on the heel. The smell of her filled Bubbles' nostrils as she lapped eagerly at her, tugging at the folds with each dart of her tongue.

She lapped quickly at the salty fluid, an alternating sound of purring and growling coming from her throat. She was crouched, ankles bent as her tail excitedly flicked back and forth.

"Mmm... Nina tastes like she's been feasting..."

The thief groaned, "Have... Big job... Coming up... So been having... Meetings..."

"Explain!" Bubbles hissed between licks, "Nina not allowed to get hurt!"

The neko shivered, thighs temporarily tensing, "Oh gods. She shouldn't... Eugh... Bubbles is good at that. Fuck... Um... Palace hired... Coiners. They want us to... Copy some shit... From a lord's estate... Without getting caught."

"No steal?" Bubbles asked curiously.

Ninaein gave in, "Battle plans. Vanhern plotting against empress."

"Pff!" Bubbles rolled her eyes, diving back in with some suckling at Ninaein's lips, "Vanfuckface too stupid... To breathe... If he think... He can hurt... Toofy."

"She... Hates... Him?" The thief questioned.

Bubbles growled, "Her bones fucked because of Vanfuckface!"

"Gods." Ninaein pushed gently on her head as Bubbles started playing with her clit. "If... Mission didn't need be... Very secret... Nina would... Would shit on his bed."

The blonde burst out laughing, "Nina! Having sex! No poop."

"But she hates him." The thief giggled back, and then slipped off the edge of the table and lifted Bubbles into standing, kissing her briefly, "Bedroom? Nina's bedroom?"

She took her hand, and let herself be led.

The thief's room surprised her. Usually, it was devoid of anything. Everything. Blank walls and a bed that didn't look slept in. However, it looked like Ninaein had finally decided that she was moving in with the rest of them.

There was a half-rotting wooden desk, encrusted with barnacles. Probably bought from some captain or another. On top of the desk was several sheaths of delicate yellow paper, and beside it a mechanical marvel that Bubbles had heard of, but never seen. Dozens of levers with little symbols on them, marking their purposes. A writing tabulator.

The Coiners were notorious for their use of the machines. No handwriting to recognise, or fingerprints for a mage to find, if you wrote your ransom notes with a device.

On the floor beside the desk was a greasy and dirt-encrusted chest, that smelled like it had only recently been dug up. Bubbles had to assume it was where her girlfriend kept the most precious of her treasures.

A few of those, however, were scattered around the room.

A necklace with glass gemstones hung from the wardrobe handle, above a discarded black silk dress. Something worthy of a society that Bubbles wasn't. Matching earrings were on the bedside table, one of them missing the backing.

Bubbles pointed at one of the other treasures, "She better explain. And fast."

"Eh..." Ninaein flushed, glancing at the cloth painting that hung the length of the wall, depicting a rather muscled nekan male plunging in from behind, and fucking a kitsune up against a wall of some kind. She was looking like she enjoyed it. "... Sometimes Nina... Needs something for her imagination?"

She let out a disapproving growl, "In a house with Bubbles and a succubus that would also fuck her?"

"Yes?" Ninaein winced, "She... She sometimes plays. After Bubbles goes to sleep."

The blonde shook her head, and jumped onto the bed, "She doesn't get it. But fine. Nina is her own thing."

The thief sighed, "Fantasy. Fantasy. Sometimes... She likes to pretend she's a foxgirl? Fantasy! Not pretend with Bubbles. There is nothing hotter than her Bubbles. She loves her."

She laughed at how off-kilter her girlfriend was, "Good. Because she's not doing that. But, Nina can return favour, now."

The other catgirl pounced, and tossed Bubbles' underwear away. It landed on the bedroom door handle, with as much coincidence as it would be for Bubbles to accidentally bump into her in the street.

She closed her eyes and refocused as she felt the tongue on her nethers, "Mmm. She loves her Nina. She's damn good at that."

The tongue flashing in and out of her was undoubtedly a blur. Bubbles' brain wasn't keeping up, only feeling it starting to leave as it acknowledged the tongue re-entering her slit. Her snatch was swollen, having got hungry whilst they were playing on the table.

Ninaein's whiskers nuzzled into her clit as the thief tried to move deeper into her, growling for her, "Mine."

"Mmm... Hers..." Bubbles purred, reaching down to play with the thief's knotty hair, "More. Deeper."

"My wife." Ninaein snarled, grabbing her butt to get a better purchase on her. Lifting and angling her hips so the tongue could almost reach the end of her entrance and actually pierce her.

Bubbles moaned loudly, "N-no. N-not... W-wife! Gods! Sh-she's gonna...!"

"Mine!" Ninaein growled as deeply as any dragon, "My wife!"

"Fu-uck!" Bubbles squealed as her orgasm hit home. With one eye twitching, and her stomach muscles locked up tight, she barely managed to grunt, "Not... Wife."

Ninaein smirked at her, popping up and scooting up beside her. Planting a glistening kiss against her cheek. "Mmm. She knows. She also doesn't care whether Bubbles agrees or not. Nina's her wife. Bubbles is her master, whether or not she wants to be."

"You're..." Bubbles gasped, legs still shaking, "Terrible. How is... She her master... If she never... Does what she's told?"

The thief burst out laughing, "If you think master gets to tell her what to do, you have another thing coming! Nina is hers. All hers. But she doesn't even follow laws, why the fuck would she ever do what anyone says?"

Bubbles groaned tiredly, "Because she loves her?"

"She's hilarious." Ninaein snorted.

The blonde neko slipped her arms around the thief and pulled in close to her, nuzzling and curling in, with the full intent of just going straight to sleep in the wonderful post-coital glow.

Ninaein hooked a leg around her waist, and pulled her head into the neko's chest. The thief rested her chin on top of Bubbles' head and sighed contentedly, "She likes this. She doesn't get to sleep with her that often. She sneaks off to Kaia, too much."

"Kaia get lonely, too." Bubbles mumbled and snuggled in, rubbing her cheeks into the soft breasts as she did. She didn't really mean to do it, just the snuggle part. But she did have to admit it was insanely comfy.

She purred tiredly and settled.

Someone else thundered on the front door.

"Fuck. Off!" Bubbles screamed and rolled over. She twitched an eye and sat up, leaning on her wrists, "What the fuck is it with people waking her up, today? Can't a fucking neko get a fucking sleep!? She's going to kill them. She's going to fucking kill them."

Ninaein laughed at her as she slid out of the bed, "Is she going to answer the door like that? Wearing even less than when she walked down the street."

"Clothes suck." Bubbles stuck out her tongue, and ignored her underwear hanging from the door handle.

She stomped down the hall as the impatient visitor continued to rap at the door, and flung the door wide open, "The fuck they want!?"

The human standing there angrily opened their mouth to yell at her, before taking in her full nudity, going crimson, and looking out into the street. He stammered nervously, "You... Destroyed my bike."

"No, that was the dragon bitch." Bubbles replied, "She not live with her. Erin is Shin's girl, not Bubbles'. He doctor. Bubbles is just Bubbles. Um... She knows where they live? House in the lower quarter."

The man clenched a fist, "She said she was taking you home."

"If you want to keep breathing, you will stop accusing her wife of something she didn't do." Ninaein said casually, appearing out of nowhere and leaning on the outside of the doorway. Balancing a knife point on the tip of one of her claws.

The man stared at her, "Oh gods. I... I recognise you. Oh gods. She's your wife? I am... So sorry. I... I'll be going."

"No, wait!" Bubbles said quickly, "Um... She doesn't like his attitude. But she meant what she said about his invention. She likes the idea, but she thinks it needs chains and gears. Thinks it could work. She worked in mine's a bit. Worked on elevator, too. Take hand crank, and gear-up system, but make smaller."

Ninaein smirked and flipped her knife before catching it in the same position, "You're that idiot who borrowed a gold brick from her boss, aren't you? Did you spend it on that stupid bike thing, really? Shit. You're outta luck if you can't pay him back. Maybe you should listen to her wife."

Bubbles glared, "Not! Wife! Stop it. Only girlfriend, and not her only girlfriend! If Nina wants any more cuddles, today, she's going to drop it."

"Sorry." Ninaein said in surprise.

The inventor swallowed, "You're... An engineer? My last one... He got scared and skipped town, when we ran out of silver. Sales aren't going well. It costs too much to build the things, and people aren't buying enough. I can't afford to add a proper chain link system to it. Your idea is a good one. I know it. I just can't afford it."

"Ah." Bubbles nodded and leaned onto the side of the doorway that her girlfriend wasn't using. The neko scratched it idly as she thought for a few minutes, "Mmm... Maybe bike not problem? If he promises to help build proper one for Bubbles, with chains, then... She's a bard. She'll help him."

"A bard?" He turned to stare at her in surprise, "An engineer, and a bard?"

"My Bubbles can do whatever she sets her mind to." Ninaein said proudly.

The neko rolled her eyes, "Bards pay shit. So Bubbles has to do other things. When she wants silver for fish. But... Bards sell things, not like shit. She knows lotta jigs that sell things. But he has to promise."

"I will build a dream bicycle, just for you. A prototype of all the good ideas that no one ever gets to try, when they have to sell to a crowd." The inventor said quickly, "If... And only if... We start to turn a profit."

"Sound like fun." Bubbles shrugged, turning around, "She gonna go get dressed. Nina... Don't hurt him."

"Wouldn't dream of it." The other neko giggled, "His skin belongs to her boss, after all."

12