All Comments on 'Everyone Should Get Divorced Once'

by TatooedJohn

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
huh

It's interesting to hear a man's point of view about divorce.

No wonder why she ended the relationship and took all your money.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Every man should avoid marriage!

In America, specially in the big no-fault states like CA, MN, WA, OR, etc no man should get married. If he must absolutely, he should do a thorough background check and character review of the fiancee. And even then if he must, he should get a pre-nup. Even then he is only tentative protected.Otherwise, he can only blame himself for the 50 % chance of losing his house, his kids, and half his income. The family court is the closest American justice comes to the Islamofascist Sharia system: secret courts, tyrannical judges with no jury, limited appeals if any, and gender based justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
didn't go far enough

Nice satire, but instead of everyone getting a divorce why didn't you give some insights in things men can avoid as women visit lawyers immediately become Saddam Hussein with PMS thinking money you might earn in 50 years is their's too.

I submit not everyone gets a divorce but men grow some balls and go do what they want and women who are expecting us to raise freak jocks kids as a favor for them witching at us just let them sit with pampers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Why is it

Why is it that in divorce, men basically have no rights? I am a good father and tried to provide the best I could. But yet she got everything, but one thing. Including a new husband, three days after we got our divorce! Her crying up on the witness stand and how hurt she was and “oh what a tear jerker”

That one thing I got out of the divorce”I now get to have the last laugh with her getting divorced again 3 years later and getting to turn her down as she begs us to get back together. LOL sucks to be her!

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
Mentioned

You've been mentioned in the New Story Reviews in the Author's Hangout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Did she get the ballsack too?

Defeatism at it's best... I'm currently going throught divorce... I have my sons with me; I've had them living with me since we separated 2 & 1/2 years+ ago.

Walk into court with some sense of dignity & self-respect. Don't expect the "system" to provide for & / or assist you.

It really is unfortunate, the path of our civilization. The sissy-fication of men seems to have trickled down to the thought processes of many men in America...

If you're a man going through divorce, hire a pit bull as your representative, & make sure your representation is that of the female persuasion. Have one of them on your side. Man is nothing without a women. Don't forget that when you step foot into a court room.

Don't let one asshat of the female persuasion derail your belief in the benefits of their gender. While many women are ridiculously out of touch with men, the same can be said for us. Remind yourself what manhood is.

Be a man, or suffer the consequences of being a mouse & resign yourself to the snickering of other asshats like "huh" & their "observations"...

"huh" would have a hard time digging a plug nickel out of my pocket... but that's just me... & I ain't just talkin', bitch...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Funny and Sad

I can certainly understand where you're coming from, as I've been through some hellish relationships myself. However, in defense of some of the opposite gender, not all of us women are like that. I'm involved with a man now that I met at work when he was in the throes of an ugly separation and even uglier divorce. He does have his issues, as do I, but I know that I would never in a million years try to screw him over for his money. In fact, we were discussing marriage a few weeks back and although I would be happy to be married to him, my biggest concern is having something happen and have him be responsible for my student loans. Silly I know, but it's important that he knows I am not out for what he can spend on me. So I do feel your pain but I really hope you know that we women are not all like that. Good article.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wow....

Amazing when some men are just too blind to truely see what their women are like before they ask them to marry them. I'm female, single, and fighting for a divorce for 3yrs, have a daughter, and dealing with a TON of crap. Yet, you will never see or hear me spew such crap about divorce, men or marriage. Why is the system unfair towards fathers? Because sadly the American and Canadian system still hasn't been upgraded when the courts always thought the children needed to keep the bond of the mother and child(ren) strong. And to all fairness, yes there are heartless women...and many many more men that will take women for a ride.

Just because you and her didnt get along, or she thought to change you, don't be a hyprocit and put every female, and the throws of marriage into the same basket, because you choose to think with the wrong head.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
wow

Thanks for taking the time to write this out. I hadn't had the unfortunate luck to have to deal with this yet but am about to go through it. From comparing my wife to your essay I can see my future looking quite grim. From the "our money" to me not wanting to spend extra money on her at all...and she's quite manipulative as well.

The sad thing is that I'm not even going to have a job once this is over. My mother-in-law was able to help secure me a job in the company she works at, I don't suppose I'll be there much longer before they find some excuse to fire me, and with all duties thats required of me there, its easy for any employee to make a mistake.

Thanks for writing this, youve helped me think things through as far as the divorce goes, and as another commenter stated, I'll make sure that my lawyer is a woman as well, I don't want to be in misery anymore over this, but I don't want her to walk all over me either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
ha

Same could be said of men, too!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous