Evolution Unlocked Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok, let take a look at what you've found about the hacker first Jasmine"

"Very well sir, would you like the info displayed via your nanite interface sir?"

"Please Jasmine." Sam replied and the info appeared in his field of view almost instantly.

Sam looked through the information and couldn't help but notice a few key things that if he was right could be incredibly interesting.

"What's you're assessment Jasmine, are you seeing what I am?"

"Well assuming you've noticed that the hacker appears to understand binary code intuitively, then yes sir."

"Indeed, " Sam mused, "I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing, but it could be incredibly useful to us."

"Yes sir. I've managed to trace the signals and footprint back sir, but even I will admit that it was very hard to do so. His understanding of code and computers, made it so that I doubt anyone but an AI would be able to track him."

"So what do we know about him then?"

"Well once I'd traced him back to his physical location, finding out more about him was relatively child's play, although I do note that unlike virtually other human, he has very little digital footprint. But given the way the modern world is, we can still paint a fairly good picture of him."

"Ok, please display that," Sam asked.

The information came up as expected and Sam even surprised himself at how fast he was able to absorb the information.

"What do we know about his motivations, his morals etc?" Sam asked.

"Well sir, from all I've been able to ascertain, he lives much of his time via computers, he is clearly a hacker, but from everything I can see, he seems to do things that interest him and challenge him. He seems to focus on the puzzle and challenge of hacking something and once he's unlocked that puzzle and learned what he can, he stops and moves onto the next challenge.

Clearly I've only been able to extract a modest amount of data so far, so I cannot say for sure, but he's had several opportunities to steal extremely valuable data, and things like currency, but as soon as he's gotten himself into the system, he stops and I've found no evidence that he steals anything."

"Well that's good isn't it, as the more I know, the more I'm thinking I might want to offer him a job."

"Indeed sir, as far as I can tell and having analysed all the other attempts to breach the firewall, his approach is vastly more sophisticated and subtle than anyone else and if he's been able to work his way past defence system protections and areas such as banks, without detection and without stealing anything, then yes he could be a very valuable asset."

"I don't want to scare him, but could you leave a message on his desktop telling him that after seeing his attempts, I'd very much like to meet him and potentially offer him a very well paid job? Also please monitor to make sure he doesn't react too badly. Autistic people have a tendency to react in strange and unanticipated ways."

"Very well sir. How would you like to respond to GCHQ and the US DoD.

"Well given that we are allies and also because it might open up opportunities, can you arrange a joint physical meeting at a convenient location close by in the next few days?"

"Yes sir, I don't anticipate that being an issue."

"Jasmine, have you gotten any further in understanding why so many people are the way we discussed?"

"Yes sir, although I want to expand my study to a wider sample to confirm that my findings are not an anomaly."

"Very well, Jasmine, I'm certainly curious to know what you think. Let me know when you're ready to talk."

"I will sir, thank you."

"By the way Jasmine, something I just thought of. Are you able to breach the firewall?"

"Yes sir, it's not possible for a human to do so my way though sir, as it requires tasks and abilities that no human, even one such as yourself could hope to perform and could not be replicated other than by another AI. So there is no risk a human using programmes could breach the wall sir."

"Does your approach leave any footprint?"

"No sir."

"Good, because I can't help but think that selling off a programme that might stop me having access to intelligence data I might need in the future would have been a bad idea."

"Indeed," the sound of Teal'c's voice sounded.

Sam laughed hard. "Have you developed a sense of humour Jasmine?"

"Possibly sir." She replied without a hint of irony in her voice.

"I like it Jasmine and thank you."

"I'm glad sir," Jasmine replied, allowing some affection in her voice.

Sam mentally asked Rebecca to draft some non disclosure and intellectual property contracts for GCHQ and the DoD, with £1bn penalty clauses in them and although he'd not decided what price he was likely to ask for the firewall. He had more than an idea of how valuable it might be.

Plus in truth, he knew he'd much rather sell it to them including any future rights so he'd have the resources available to focus on the things he knew would truly change the world and honestly, even if he undersold it by a billion, if it gave him the resources sooner, then that was a price worth paying. Especially if it got him some traction with the UK and US governments.

Sam spent the rest of the day working on the plan for Victor and Anna and was pleased that now he'd undergone the final intelligence upgrades, this was a lot easier than he'd anticipated it might be. As far as he could tell, the only real difficulties would be in ensuring that Victor and Anna received enough nutrition requirements and the management of any pain Victor might endure whilst his spine was being rebuilt, however he quickly realised that some modification of the code and options within the nanites would allow them both to cope much better.

Based on the data he had, he constructed a simulation and tried out various options and was pleased when the 3rd simulation showed that they should be able to fully fixed and partially upgraded within a week, with minimal pain and even for Victor only about 6 hours of immobility. However he did note that the amount of food they would require was fairly extreme, so some planning there would be needed. However what this did not factor in was any desired body changes Victor or Anna might have, so that would be a conversation they needed to have.

Sam was working with Victoria the following day on a prototype of a potential energy device using her theory of gravity, when Jasmine interrupted them.

"Sir, you have received responses from both UK GCHQ and also the US DoD, agreeing to a joint meeting with yourselves, they have requested the meeting at MOD Boscombe down at 11am tommorow morning, if you are available?"

Sam picked up his phone and dialled Pauls number. "Hey mate, things are starting to happen and GCHQ and US DoD have agreed to a joint meeting about the firewall tommorow at 11am at Boscombe Down. Any chance you could join us and provide your expertise?"

"Sure, just checked my diary and nothing would conflict with that, so sure, you want to pick me up on your way?"

"Ok, will do, we'll probably get there about 9.30am to make sure."

"See you then." Sam hung up.

"Ok, Jasmine, can you let them know yes, we can do that and also let them know, mine, Rebecca and Pauls details, so they know who to expect?"

"Yes sir, message just sent."

"Guess I'd better leave you to this Toy. Need to get the firewall loaded up on a spare laptop I have and create my notes for the meeting tommorow."

"If you must sir." Victoria replied coquettishly, "I do love being around you sir."

"I know my darling, but needs must and the devil and all that." He replied kissing her deeply, loving feeling her melt into him.

"Now how am I going to concentrate Master?" Victoria whispered.

"Because you'll do what a good girl always does and focus on what her master wants Toy." Sam replied almost teasingly, brushing her arm gently. "Right now, you need to focus on this prototype, not on being my naughty little sex toy." He replied with a little more command in his voice.

"Yes master." She whispered demurely.

"Do you have any idea, how I love you doing that?" Sam whispered in her ear.

"I know Master," She replied gently and demurely..

Sam opened himself and his love to her and adored the little shudder that rippled through her as she felt it, before gentle waves of love and devotion flooded back from her.

Arriving at Boscombe Down the following morning, Sam was pleased that entry to the facility was relatively simple and straightforward and they were escorted promptly into a conference room, before being introduced to representatives from both GCHQ and the US DoD. However Sam did notice and confirmed mentally with Rebecca that although they have been introduced to people who seemed to be the main representatives of both parties, it was clear from the body language, that the real representatives were actually two people that had taken up seats away from the main table.

A quick mental scan, confirmed that yes indeed those two people were the ones in charge of their respective teams, even though they sat at the back trying to appear like they were assistants.

Sam set up the laptop on the table and hooked it into the main projector and spent about 20 minutes giving the run down on the system, focusing on how little system resource it used, as well as how effective it was, he was careful not to show anything that might give away how it worked and asked Rebecca to keep a mental eye on the two main parties to try and gauge their reactions.

"So gentlemen and ladies." He added, nodding to the female principle at the back of the room. "I'll open it up to your questions. Although I will add that if you wish to get more technical and gain an understanding of how the product actually works, then I will need these contracts signed."

Sam wasn't even slightly surprised at the simplicity of many of the questions and referred back to the contracts whenever any technical question arose.

He could feel a certain level of frustration and tension in the room and decided that maybe it was time to cut through the BS somewhat.

"Ok, well you've seen the product working and both organisations have attempted to hack the version on my private service, so the only way for this conversation to go further, is if your bosses," Sam nodded at the two principals at the back, sign the contracts and then we can get much more down to the nitty gritty.

Sam held the gaze of the two principals and enjoyed the small smiles that arose on their faces and ignored the eruption of noise coming from those at the table.

The male principle, suddenly coughed loudly and glanced at his female equivalent who nodded. "Gentlemen, you may all leave us." He announced to the suddenly quiet room.

After the rest filed out the two rose and came up to the table. Sam extended his hand, indicating they should sit.

"You are very observant, amongst other things Mr Northrop," the female principle said in a voice like liquid honey, I'm Michelle, and this is my American colleague Jim.

Sam could feel her iron willed control as he mentally scanned her, but he could also feel the internal struggle she was feeling as her body reacted to his pheromones. The struggle wasn't overwhelming her, but he could feel her own confusion at her reactions, as well as the attraction she felt being suppressed with a will or iron.

"Very pleased to meet you Michelle," Sam said gently, as he held her gaze and gently but also firmly shook her hand.

Shifting his focus to Jim, he could feel that there was more of a struggle going on within Jim, not that he showed it, he could feel Jim's confusion about why he was feeling deference to Sam, as well as mild annoyance that Sam had rumbled their ruse, however Sam had to commend him for the apparent control he exerted despite the inner turmoil.

"Out of curiosity, what was it that gave us away?" Michelle asked gently, clearly interested in maintaining Sam's focus on her.

"A bunch of small body language things," Sam said laughing gently, nothing most people would notice, but having spent a lot of my life trying to understand people, because it doesn't come naturally to me, I notice things other's don't appear to.

But in truth Paul had also briefed me on the way organisations like yours tend to work, so I was actively looking to understand who were the people with any actual authority and what games might be being played. In truth, Prefer to cut to the chase as they say."

"Yes, I am well aware of Colonel Durant's expertise." She smiled and nodded at Paul.

"So shall we cut to the chase then?" Michelle asked.

"It would be simpler Sam replied, with a smile."

"Clearly we are interested in your product, so, what exactly are you proposing Mr Northrop and why are you not talking with the tech giants?"

After a quick further surface scan, he realised that Michelle at least genuinely did want him to be honest, although Jim appeared to be more frustrated, seemingly about not being able to play games that he enjoyed.

"Well, in very simple terms, I want to sell the firewall. What I love is inventing things, not managing companies or trying to maximise revenue. I have several things I'm trying to develop that need funding and this seemed like the easiest and simplest way to achieve that."

"Oh I understand that Sam, however, why the governments? You must know we are likely to pay less than the tech giants?"

"Well I'm sure you've done your background checks into me, so I doubt you will be surprised if I say, I'd rather not give any of the tech giants yet more opportunities to monopolise more of the tech market. I also understand that greasing the wheels may be more beneficial in the long run than maximising my short term profits."

Sam could feel that any resistance in either Michelle or Jim, was gradually waning, he guessed at least partly due to the continued effects of his pheromones.

"That's Interesting Sam, I can only assume you are thinking you may need things lubricated in future?" Michelle asked, her tone almost wavering into entendre.

"Quite possibly." Sam replied smiling. "But of course I can't say anything about what I might need in future right now." He replied leaving the smallest emphasis on need.

Michelle laughed. "You are a very interesting man, Mr Northrop. So if we did agree that in theory we would like to buy your product from you, what would your price and terms be?"

"Well clearly you would need some time to test the product and confirm that the specs are what I say they are. Given how quickly you arranged this meeting, I guessing you don't need that long for the testing, a few weeks, maybe a month at most, however before I could possibly do that, I would need you to sign these contracts to protect my intellectual property rights.

Assuming it passes muster and given it's potential application across so many types of current and future military hardware as well as all other forms of government systems. Coupled with the fact that nobody has even gotten close to beating it, my price is a nice round £1bn. Ten percent to be paid up front on acquisition for testing, with the remaining ninety percent to be paid upon successful testing completion, with the ten percent fully refundable in the event of it failing to pass the tests.

For that, you get the full programme, as well as all intellectual and licensing rights, in short the programme becomes 100% yours to do with as you please."

"That's a lot of money Mr Northrop." Michelle replied

"Yes it is, but for what I am offering, it's an absolute steal. There is not a big bank anywhere in the world, that wouldn't happily pay £1m a month to be able to secure their servers completely and many, many other governments or companies that would also willingly pay for this.

Even at that relatively low rate, it could easily generate £50-100m a month without any effort at all, without selling it. But then I would not be able to focus on what I want to."

Michelle looked at Jim, before speaking again. I think we both need to make a phonecall to ensure we aren't overstepping our bounds, if that is ok, with you?

Sam nodded and both Michelle and Jim stepped away to the other side of the room before making quite short phone calls.

"Well we have an agreement to the price and the basic terms, however as you are probably aware, I cannot make promises as to the speed of the down payment, however we were both assured that it would be within a week, if that is acceptable?

"Of course." Sam replied

If we sign the contracts now, are you able to leave the firewall with us so we can start testing as soon as possible?"

Sam nodded. "You can have the laptop, it's an old slow one that I kept as a spare and I also thought it was useful to show the system working on something slow. Could you show them the contracts Rebecca?"

Rebecca pulled out the contract and he could tell by their reactions they were surprised at how short the contract was, however after a short read through, they both signed it on behalf of their respective organisations. And kept their copies.

"Well I believe that's me done for now, my superiors have agreed to let Michelle's team organise the testing and keep the laptop for now, so I will bid you a good day." Jim said before standing.

Sam, Rebecca and Paul, shook his hand, before he went to leave the room. Michelle stood herself. "I'm hoping this is not the last time we meet Sam." She said, clearly not entirely sure of why she was flirting with him.

Sam couldn't resist the temptation and gently raised Michelle's hand before he gently kissed the back of it. "I do hope not Michelle." He said with a glint is his eye as he scanned her and felt a rapid spike in her arousal.

"You teasing her is so arousing." Rebecca almost moaned in his head.

It was on the way home that Paul observed "You will need to be extra careful now mate, yes they are on side, but they always do full digs and observations on anyone they do business with."

"I know, that's part of the reason why I was flirting with Michelle, it might be good to have a friendly ear on the inside."