Extreme Homemaker Makeover

Story Info
Housewife's life transformed after encounter with stranger.
9.6k words
4.06
18k
27

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 01/08/2024
Created 12/31/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Coffee Shop

The early morning sun beat down on me as I stepped out the front door, my shoes slapping against the pavement. I took a deep breath, relishing the fresh air, before setting off on my usual ten mile route. Running was my ritual, a chance to clear my head and center myself before tackling the day.

As I jogged along the tree-lined suburban streets, I let my mind wander. Life with David had become so comfortable, so predictable. Ten years of marriage will do that. We'd settled into our routines, the passion dimmed to a warm familiarity. I couldn't complain. He was a good man, solid and stable. Our careers ensured we'd never struggle financially. Still, there were moments I yearned for something more.

At mile eight, I picked up my pace, lungs burning pleasantly as my ponytail swung behind me. The exertion felt cleansing, cathartic. This was the life I'd chosen, order and discipline over chaos. I'd given up certain thrills but gained so much more in return.

My watch beeped indicating ten miles completed. I slowed to a walk, wiping sweat from my brow as I spotted the coffee shop on the corner. I deserved a treat after that run.

The bell on the door chimed as I stepped inside, welcomed by the rich aroma of coffee. I joined the queue, eyes scanning the pastries behind glass. An almond croissant would pair nicely with a macchiato. My mouth watered just thinking about it.

After placing my order, I found a small table by the window. Sliding into the chair, I bent down to adjust my shoelaces, calves burning pleasantly. My breathing had finally returned to normal when the barista called my name.

I stood, straightening out my running jacket, and collected my order - a steaming cup of creamy macchiato and a croissant on a small plate. Balancing them carefully, I made my way back to my table, hyper aware of my spandex-clad backside jiggling with each step. My running gear showed every curve and dimple whether I wanted it to or not.

Setting the items down, I glanced around self-consciously, but the other patrons seemed oblivious, absorbed in their own conversations. I took a careful sip of the beverage, sighing as the rich flavor touched my tongue. Coffee was my one true vice.

As I lifted the croissant for a bite, the bell chimed again and in walked the most unusual girl I'd ever seen. My teeth sank into flaky perfection but my eyes were drawn to her.

She looked to be in her early twenties with pale alabaster skin and jet black hair styled in an asymmetrical cut. Her eyes were different colors - one brown, one blue - giving her an exotic allure. She wore a studded leather jacket over a lacy black corset paired with ripped jeans and chunky combat boots. Silver hoops lined the curve of one ear while the other held only a single emerald stud.

Everything about her screamed rebellion, from the tousled hair to the chipped black nail polish. She oozed danger and excitement, a stark contrast to the yoga pants and pullovers that filled my closet. I couldn't look away, even as I wiped crumbs from my lips self-consciously. Who was this girl?

Her mismatched eyes landed on me and she strode across the shop towards my table. There was a predatory grace to her movements, like a panther slinking through the brush. I sat up straighter, smoothing my ponytail.

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" she asked. Her voice was smooth as velvet, tinged with a hint of arrogance.

I hesitated. Part of me wanted to say I was just leaving to avoid this unpredictable variable she represented. But a larger part was curious. "No, go ahead," I found myself saying.

She flashed a smile - more smirk than grin - and dropped gracefully into the seat across from me. "I'm Mei," she said, holding out a pale hand tipped in chipped black polish.

I wiped my palm on a napkin before shaking. "Eliza."

"So formal!" she exclaimed with a throaty laugh. "Loosen up, Liza. Live a little." The nickname rolled off her tongue like she'd known me for years rather than minutes.

I bristled slightly. Only my mother called me Liza. But Mei's casual manner disarmed me. I found myself chuckling. "Just my usual morning run. Nothing too exciting."

Mei cocked her head, eyes narrowing. "Running from something? Or towards something?"

I took a long sip of macchiato to buy time. She clearly wasn't from around here. I chose my next words carefully. "Just part of my routine. Keeps me healthy."

Mei made a noncommittal noise, resting her angular chin on one hand as she studied me. A curled strand of black hair fell across her face and she blew it away lazily. "Routine," she said as if testing the word. "And you always stick to your routines?"

I nodded. Discipline and order were paramount. Surely she could understand that?

"Fascinating," she purred, though her expression suggested the opposite. Her eyes - one the warm brown of walnut, the other a piercing ice blue - seemed to see straight through me, past the exterior I worked so hard to perfect.

I shifted under that penetrating gaze, reaching for my coffee just to have something in my hands. As I lifted the cup, Mei's fingers grazed mine, so briefly I thought I imagined it.

"Say, Liza..." she began, leaning forward. "I'm feeling something pink and sweet. Be a doll and grab me one of those pink drinks, won't you?"

Hot coffee sloshed over the rim of my cup, scalding my hand. I suppressed a hiss of pain. What game was she playing? I opened my mouth to politely decline but the words lodged in my throat. Something in her unconventional beauty, in the crooked twist of her lips, compelled me.

I rose wordlessly, smoothing my ponytail. Mei smiled up at me, the picture of innocence. "Make it a large, won't you?" she called sweetly. "I need something to wake me up."

I joined the queue again, pulse quickening. Why had I agreed to this? She was a stranger, someone who clearly delighted in pushing boundaries. So why did I find myself unable to refuse her?

When it was my turn I ordered a large strawberry Frappuccino, the kind of drink I usually wrinkled my nose at. The sugar content alone was appalling. But I handed over my credit card without protest, ignoring the barista's knowing smile.

Drink in hand, I returned to the table. Mei's eyes lit up at the pink monstrosity. "For me? You shouldn't have!" She reached for it eagerly.

I frowned, snatching it back instinctively. The cold condensation felt comforting against my skin. "It is for you. I bought it, but I'm starting to think that was a mistake."

Mei's tinkling laugh filled the air. "Oh, silly Liza. That's clearly your drink! I'll take the coffee though."

Before I could object, she had my macchiato cradled in her palms, eyes closing as she inhaled the aroma. I stared helplessly down at the pink concoction meant for her.

"Go on," she urged. "I know it's your favorite." She said it with such conviction that I found myself lifting it for an uncertain sip. The sweetness exploded on my tongue, so different from the assertive bitterness of coffee that I usually craved. But it wasn't unpleasant. The creamy fruitiness was oddly satisfying.

Mei grinned over her - my - cup's rim. "See? Isn't it yummy?"

I took another longer draw from the straw, the cold drink soothing my dry throat. "It's...lovely," I admitted. Mei looked immensely pleased, and I felt an odd flush of pride at pleasing her.

We chatted idly as we finished our drinks. She skirted any personal questions, instead asking about mundane topics like my home and hobbies. I offered only vague details, but soon found myself opening up about my passion for CrossFit and my prized rose garden. Things I normally kept private. Mei drew out my words effortlessly, like unraveling a ball of yarn. Her own life remained a mystery, but I found myself fascinated by this tattooed enigma.

"I should really be going..." I said half-heartedly as our cups emptied. I had a full schedule ahead. Groceries, laundry, meal prep for the week. But suddenly the thought of chores felt suffocating.

Mei perked up. "Going? Why, the day's just getting started! You should show me your place. I'm sure it's just lovely."

The invitation caught me off guard. Bring this unusual, alt-girl home to my pristine suburban abode? The idea was preposterous, yet undeniably tempting. Before I could overthink, I found myself saying "Sure, why not?"

Mei smirked. "You should get another drink, it's going to be a hot one day."

The Boutique

The sun beat down as we left the air conditioned reprieve of the coffee shop. I shielded my eyes, squinting against the glare. The icy sweetness of the second pink drink I'd just downed sat heavy in my stomach, an unfamiliar sugar rush coursing through my veins.

Mei glided along beside me, combat boots crunching on the sidewalk strewn with fallen leaves. "That running outfit looks great on you," she said appraisingly. "Really shows off those curves and muscles you work so hard for."

I smiled tightly, plucking at my form-fitting spandex top. "Thanks. Breathability is key for exercise."

Mei waved a hand. "Oh, I'm sure it's very practical. But wouldn't it be fun to wear something more...eye-catching every once in a while?"

We passed a small boutique, mannequins in the window dressed in garish, over-the-top outfits. Mei paused, clasping her hands together. "Look! They're having a sale on the most unique pieces." She fixed me with an impish grin. "We should go in and find you something new and exciting!"

I hesitated on the sidewalk. The boutique's aesthetic was far removed from my own understated style. But Mei looked so eager, mismatched eyes shining. And despite myself, I felt a flutter of curiosity. What would it be like to break out of my fashion comfort zone?

"Alright, I guess we could take a quick look," I found myself saying. Mei's answering smile was radiant.

A bell jingled overhead as we entered the cramped space. Racks of clothing were crammed together, leaving only narrow aisles to navigate. Everything was a riot of color and texture, pants with bold prints, dresses dripping in sequins, frilly tops in clashing neon hues. I lingered near a display of simple black athletic shirts, more akin to my taste.

Mei flitted around, sifting through racks. "Oooh, Liza, come look!" she called. She held up a lurid pink, sequined halter top. It was objectively hideous, covered in gaudy plastic baubles. "This just screams your name! It's so vibrant, just like your energy."

I rubbed my neck uneasily. "I'm not sure that's really me..." But even as I said it, I felt my resistance crumbling. Maybe I did need more color in my wardrobe. Mei's beaming face certainly made the top seem more appealing.

"Just try it!" she insisted, pressing it into my hands. "Trust me, it's going to look fabulous on you."

I fingered the scratchy sequins. What was the harm, really? It would be good to push my fashion boundaries. "Alright," I conceded, draping it over my arm. Mei clapped excitedly.

Next she selected a pair of skintight, leopard print leggings in a neon spandex fabric. "These leggings are so hot right now," she gushed, stretching the waistband and letting it snap back. "You'll look so fierce and sexy in them."

I rubbed my sweaty running leggings self-consciously. The leopard print seemed obnoxiously bold, but Mei spoke with such authority on fashion. I decided I could be adventurous for a day. "Okay, I'll try them too," I agreed, taking them from her outstretched hand.

In the shoe section, Mei insisted I try on some towering hot pink platform heels. "They'll make your legs look endless," she enthused. I eyed them dubiously, thinking of my throbbing running feet. But Mei squeezed my shoulder, saying, "A little discomfort is worth it to be runway-ready, babe!"

I sat and began strapping on the absurd heels, wobbling dangerously as I stood up. Mei steadied me, grinning. "You look amazing! Let's find some accessories to complete the outfit."

As we browsed, Mei kept suggesting tackier and louder options while I nodded along, swept up in her excitement. A gaudy chunky belt with a heavy gold buckle. Enormous hoop earrings and piles of beaded necklaces. A big, fake designer purse covered in loud logos. Mei sold each piece as if she were a personal stylist, convincing me they were bold fashion choices instead of questionable purchases.

With our haul selected, Mei steered me towards the changing room. "Go try it all on! I want to see the full look." I hesitated, eyeing the tiny room. I was suddenly painfully aware of my sweaty post-run body. The thought of squeezing into those revealing clothes was mortifying.

Sensing my discomfort, Mei gripped my arm tightly. "Stop it," she chided. "Don't worry about sweat or being self-conscious. That's someone else's problem, not yours."

Her words lifted the fog of inhibition clouding my mind. She was right. I didn't need to be ashamed of my body. Feeling emboldened, I marched into the changing room and shut the door.

Shimmying out of my running gear, I began layering on the outfit piece by piece. The sequined top was blinding, clinging tightly to my breasts. The leggings took some effort to wiggle into, the animal print garish against my pale skin. The towering platforms made me wobble dangerously. I steadied myself against the wall as I fastened the massive belt around my waist. It added bulk to my slim frame rather than accentuating my curves.

Finally I added the jewelry and designer purse. I stared at my reflection, barely recognizing myself under all the bold layers. I looked absurd, over-the-top, like I was playing dress-up in a child's costume box. But when I emerged from the changing room, Mei clasped her hands to her chest.

"You look incredible!" she squealed. "It's so you - fun, bold, make-a-statement fashion!"

Under the praise, I straightened, examining myself again. Maybe she was right. Maybe this was just the edgy new look I needed to express the interesting, adventurous woman inside. I struck a pose, cocking a hip. The sequins caught the light.

At checkout, Mei nodded approvingly as the total climbed higher. "You're the type who loves a good bargain," she declared.

I frowned briefly. Bargains weren't my priority - quality and timeless style were. But there was a certain thrill in scoring fashion deals. I felt wise and savvy leaving a store with bags full of clothing I'd snagged on sale. Mei was right, I decided. A bargain shopper was who I wanted to be.

We stepped back into the sun, laden with shopping bags. Mei slid her arm through mine. "Let's commemorate your new looks with a selfie!" she said, whipping out her phone. "Strike a pose and give me sassy face!"

I arched my back awkwardly, trying to channel the sexy confidence of a supermodel. Mei snapped several photos, cooing "Gorgeous!" and "Own it, diva!" Her praise made me stand taller. When she showed me the pics, I was surprised how dramatic and alluring I looked in my wild outfit.

As we walked to my house, Mei said "You know, it's liberating to stop worrying what other people think." I realized she was right. Why had I spent so many years playing it safe in classic styles? This new look was daring and expressive. It was freeing not to care about anyone's judgment.

When we arrived at my sleek modern home, I greeted my reflection in the front door. The woman staring back at me was glowing with newfound confidence. I may have looked ridiculous to some, but I felt beautiful, powerful and refreshed in my bold new style. Mei had awakened a different side of me, a deeper truth I'd kept hidden away for too long. I couldn't wait to see what other horizons she would help me push beyond.

The Kitchen

I led Mei up the brick walkway to the front door, fishing in my giant designer bag for my keys. "Home sweet home," I declared, stepping inside and holding the door for her. Mei glided in after me, combat boots thudding dully on the polished hardwood floors. Her keen gaze swept over the open concept layout and modern furnishings.

"Well don't be shy, give me the grand tour!" she said.

I smiled, chest swelling with pride and eagerness to show off. "The kitchen is this way," I replied, leading her towards the back of the house.

The kitchen was my sanctuary, with its ample marble countertops and top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances. I placed a hand on the imposing fridge, relishing the chill from its stainless facade.

"This is the heart of the home for me," I began. "I had the cabinets custom made and imported the backsplash tiles from Italy. The island is great for meal preps and..."

I trailed off as Mei held up a hand. "Stop with the modest act, Liza. I know you're dying to brag about this place." She flashed a knowing smile. "Come on, tell me all about why your kitchen is better than anyone else's."

I blinked, taken aback. I never bragged about my home. But Mei was right - a part of me did want to boast. "Well, the fridge is insane," I continued. "It's got a touch screen and can make spherical ice cubes. The six burner gas range is restaurant-grade with an infrared broiler. And the wine fridge holds over 300 bottles."

Mei nodded approvingly. "Now that's more like it! What else?"

Emboldened, I launched into detail about the custom walnut cabinets that cost a fortune and my favorite imported tiles that took months to source. Mei followed me through the house as I crowed about the sprawling back deck and infinity pool, the luxury master bath with a stand-alone tub, the media room with a 120" flatscreen. Each brag seemed to loosen something inside me, awakening a thirst to revel in my home's finery.

In the living room I paused by the fireplace mantle, picking up a framed photo of David and I at our wedding. "And this is my husband, David," I said, suddenly self-conscious.

Mei stepped closer, examining the photo. "Wow, he's gorgeous," she mused, casting an impish glance my way. "No wonder you wanted to lock that down."

I bristled slightly. Something about her assessment of David felt diminishing. But Mei touched my arm reassuringly. "You secretly love when women fawn over him, don't you? Just fuels that competitive streak of yours."

Her words shifted my perspective. She was right - I did enjoy the envy from women over David's handsome looks, intelligence, and success. It was gratifying, a testament to my worthiness of such an ideal partner.

"I suppose I do enjoy the attention he garners," I admitted with a small smile. Mei nodded approvingly.

"I bet you just adore bragging about your hot, rich husband," she continued. "It must make you feel so powerful when women are falling all over him but he's yours."

I considered her words. Showing off my marriage did provide a rush of satisfaction I'd never fully embraced. Hearing Mei grant me permission washed away any lingering self-doubt.

"Let's head to the kitchen for a bite, I'm starved," Mei suggested. In my excitement to give her a tour, I'd forgotten my finished coffee sitting on the counter. But the pink concoction seemed childish and insubstantial next to the gourmet smoothies I could whip up.

As I prepped the blender, Mei peered into my well-stocked pantry. "Ooh, let's add some chia seeds, blueberries, collagen power - you love those, right?" she asked, dumping in various superfoods.

"Of course, great idea!" I agreed. I realized I did love her exotic additions - they made the smoothie feel even more energizing and luxurious.

We sat at the counter with our smoothies in hand. "Tell me more about David," Mei prompted before sipping her drink. "I want all the impressive details."

I dove in, regaling her with stories of David's business successes, Ivy league background, country club membership. I emphasized his seven figure income, luxury vehicle, even his designer watch collection. Mei listened intently, interjecting praise over his accomplishments and style. She particularly dwelled on his wealth and good looks, urging me to brag more on those aspects.