All Comments on 'Faithful?'

by kcfirst

Sort by:
  • 394 Comments (Page 2)
tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WHY IS HE BEING SO CAVALIER ABOUT THE SITUATION

is some kind of fear holding him back. TK U MLJ LV NV.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
FTDS

In my opinion it was NOT completed. It was more like a pause. This plot has been done before almost exactly but was finished. Only a 3*.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 4 years ago
Good Story

Good story and interesting plot. In one weekend, Molly lost her lover, her husband, and the great working relationship with her ex-boss. John has at least all the challenges of a promotion and a new life in a new country, which could be for his marriage a new start over, after leaving behind Tom's marriage shattered. Tom will have to live with an unfaithful wife, who deceived him and planned behind his back, a weekend of “sex and love” with the man she’s “in love” with, while arranging a younger prostitute for her husband as a consolation's prize. Molly has at least the memories of her weekend with John, while all Tom has now is a tattered marriage, an adulteress for a wife, and a broken heart. Definitely, time to divorce and move on, which is what the end suggests. No second part is needed.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Fast ending

Not a bad story but you built it up with a four consecutive year investigation into the wife's relationship with her boss. I have to assume that after four years of suspicions and investigations he had a plan of what he was going to do if he caught her. The weekend at the cabin was alright but, as soon as she sprung the affair on him the husband should have packed up and left. The only reason I can see you had him stay was to kick the boss in the balls. The wife was totally delusional thinking that her husband would take her back especially after he kicked her boss in the groin. The boss gets to keep his marriage and go off to Europe and Molly and her husband get to split their assets in a divorce and go their own ways. Not the ending I would have anticipated.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 4 years ago
Great but you came up short

I loved it. The true test of a good STORY is when the reader really connects with the tragic hero. You did that. BUT...You came up way too short here. It's like the story stopped in mid air. It's great that you didn't RAAC it and that unlike so many other men on this site, the husband had a set of balls. But you really failed to exploit your other characters. You had loads of opportunity but you failed on each one except the husband. So, as someone else said...finish the damn STORY. But I give you 5 *s anyway. Now...go back your computer and start typing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You had a good story going,

why didn't you continue? The so called end is a very big let down. What happened to his ring? Did she find it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
In Your Sequel

I suggest that you have hubby think back to when wifey explained the weekend and explain why he did not leave them and what he thought staying would accomplish--after all, John's wife did not want to see the new lovers together either.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

I really do not understand stories where the wife is so brainwashed or stupid that she thinks everything will be ok and cheats anyway. She knows he didn't agree. She knows he was passed. She knows he refused Jacki. She knkws he assaulted John. She knows he left the lake. She knows the marriage is over, he told her and left his ring. She has to understand no husband would accept what she is doing.

Yet, in spite of that, she did it anyway.

That's the problem I have with stories like this. The only way it is possible is if the wife is mentally challenged.

The marriage ended in the room when she told him that she loved the other guy. Nail in the coffin.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A lot of people talk about the Martian Slut Ray

God forgive me but I would hope that if I was ever inflicted with such a device and behaved so shamefully and dishonorably towards my supposed loved ones, they would chose the most prudent course of action to have me committed. Fuck, taser me if they must.

I know there are a lot of stories like this and I do know that some women (and men) have shoved their affairs in their supposed loving spouses but to do something like this is beyond confusion. Its beyond the "affair fog" its sociopathic.

JayDiverJayDiveralmost 4 years ago

WON'T VOTE.

The writing by itself doesn't deserve a one-vote. It could use some improvement, but whose can't. Your main character though missed by a mile. It seemed you wanted him to be a moral and ethical character who wants nothing more than a monogamous marriage.

But his actions show anything but. They're wishy-washy and indistinct, showing anyone who looks at them nothing but mixed signals and indistinct intentions. Staying for even part of the weekend after listening to her trap is a prime example. A similar trope has been used in other authors story. The wife tells the husband she wants a date/weekend/affair, with the husband's permission or without. There's really only one answer, get up and leave. Telling the wife she can either follow him, completely, or stay with the lover forever. Plus having the husband pay four different private investigators money and then not believe them is ridiculous and beyond ludicrous.

The offer to coexist until one of them finds something better, is the signal for nothing more than reconciliation. The only thing that might save any part of this plot line would be children, but none are mentioned. Plus, I don't agree with other commenters on the request for more of the story, start over. So I won't vote 1, I'll just say try again and hope you realize that LW is a tough category to write in and to take the comments with a grain of salt, mine included. But try again, because we need more LW writers who think more of life than with the end of their dick.

G1962G1962almost 4 years ago
Why do these stories have so many non thinking wives

1. How can she turn him down for four year because she loves her husband. then humiliates him, and think life will go on. You need better build up and character development. If they all knew the husband would say hell no, then why think this way would be ok.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ending was too short

unless you plan on a second part?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not very good.

Not once does he tell her "if you do this, we're through". Really? Without him stating something to that affect, it's easy for her to assume he is giving tacit approval. If it was so easy for him to leave, why didn't he leave when ... Well, there were many times, such as when she started and especially when her luggage was gone.

<P>

This passage illustrates my first point. He was more direct and explicit to Jacki about the ramifications than he was to his own wife.

<P>

I found Jacki and told her, "she is tempting; but I'm not going to help Molly shatter our wedding vows. Molly will have to do that all by herself." I told Jacki that "as far as I was concerned, she could go home, or if she is curious, she can stay and laugh at all the insanity."

<P>

This paragraph also shows a problem with grammar and punctuation.

<P>

When a character is talking to another character, they do NOT refer to that character in the third person. He is talking to Jacki, so it you should have used "you" and not "she".

<P>

Also, when one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

<P>

You wrote Molly's story explanation as a conversation and not a monologue.

<P>

Oh, and as so many stated, the ending was poor. After all the time you spent with her stating how they will go on, the story didn't end, it stopped. It's as if you got tired of your own story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The ending and "He doubled over and fell backward into the pool."

I half expected that this was leading to John hitting his head as he fell and drowning. Frankly, it may have been a better ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

so when is he going to sue her boss and his wife as well as the company i am sure when he sues the company the whore will be lucky if she still has a job instead of letting her and the boss neck outside the door when they got back he should have kicked the shit out of him and locked her out i hope there is more to this story

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
A very good start

Now the rest.....

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 4 years ago

It’s okay, as far as it goes. Thanks for the effort. The story isn’t over, though. Too much left undone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finish it.

If you don't finish the story appropriately, it really is a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I see that a lot of readers think the story isn’t finished. It’s true that most stories of infidelity here take things a bit further to show the effects of the betrayal on the various parties, so this story failed to meet many readers’ expectations. At the same time, though, there are plenty of well-received stories here in which the last thing to happen is the moment of “oh crap, he’s found out” or “oh no, he’s gone!”

I know that beginning writers (and even experienced ones) often appreciate more specific feedback than just “liked it, “hated it,” or the ever popular “there’s something seriously wrong with you!” This author writes well (spells correctly, uses the right words for thing, writes clear and coherent sentences). There’s potential here. I look forward to reading more.

So I want to help, but I had to think for a while about why the story left me a little unsettled. It was the last paragraph. When they got to the lake, she was convinced she could do this without any consequences, even after he said ”no.” The only thing that happened since then was that the husband kicked the lover and left for home. That’s not really enough to shake her foolish delusion. But for some reason she now accepts the end of her marriage and sobs her way up the steps. That makes no sense. It’s far more likely that she’s still basking in the glow of consummating the affair and still expects the marriage to return to “normal.” But she doesn’t try again to get him she see “reason,” plead that “if you love me and want me to be happy, you’d let me have this,” or even realize the seriousness of what she’s done and seek his forgiveness. Suddenly, for no reason the reader is aware of, she’s given up. We’re not given any explanation of or reason for her sudden reversal. I think we needed more at that point, even if you don’t continue the story for weeks or years into the future.

Hope this helps a little.

jesemmojesemmoalmost 4 years ago
Could be a good story

The is definitely unfinished. There has to be some form of closure. As this story ends the future is left in an unknown future for the wife and the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
disappointing end

Just a poor imitation of The Bridge, with no real follow through.

Waste of time.

Samson

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Good story, but...

I agree with most previous comments, the story is lacking.

It lacked a warning, "do this and we're over". 'No'. 'You're killing me'. 'You're killing us'. Or even, 'this will definitely lead to a divorce'.

The protagonist was a wimp for not standing up for himself, he deserved to be cucked. The kick in the balls was good but not redeeming. Perhaps it effectively stopped them from mating.

Nice touch with the escort.

I believe this deserves an epilogue, a follow up, a chapter 2. I like the open ending, however you should either burn her to the ground or reconcile. Reconciation is probably not remotely possible, she most likely broke her vows before dinner.

Larry should be fired for not protecting his boss.

You show excellent potential!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

When I read a story that peaks my interest buy pisses me off, I like to copy it so I can write my own ending to it. To do so I need to write down all the players and sometimes the memorable phrases.

This one caught my eye, "John has accepted a promotion which will require a move to England. He and Gail will be moving in two weeks. His replacement will be a woman from the Cleveland office." The last time I checked CEO was the top dog so what is he getting promoted to? Just who in the States would he report to? Why the hell Cleveland?

I'm sure that you plan to write a final chapter, I will wait till then to cast my vote. If you don't plan on it you should have said something to indicate it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

A very good first story. I think an experienced editor might be of help. I would be interested to see more of their story.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 4 years ago

At first, I thought you were going to pull a Richard Gerald on us. Thankfully, you didn't.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Loving a spouse is different from loving parents or children, and as for the men that had many wives, I would doubt that the had romantic love for any of them, let alone more than one.

@OldHideki, yes, lost in the BS about the weekend is the FOUR YEAR emotional affair.

@Nipplesandwine, it's been a long time since I read it, but I remember "The Bridge" having an ending.

@SwordWielder, NO, NOT how they met! They're married, we know they met. I WOULD like to have seen when he first became suspicious, maybe confronting her, getting the usual, "There's nothing going on" BS.

@premshanker, it's much MUCH more than a one weekend "fling!" First, there was the four year emotional affair, which ISN'T excused because it wasn't consummated, then there was the humiliation of the weekend and TOTAL disregard for his wishes.

For the umpteenth time, HE can't sue the company. SHE can file a sexual harassment claim.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good effort was well written until the end and it ended as though you got bored of writing to much left undone it needs more work to be a good story

Imwanting2Imwanting2almost 4 years ago
Great start

Thank you for this story. Feel good start but feel needs more. Please continue the story to build the characters and how their emotions impacts them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
larry is a dead man

several months later larry and his wife were found in their car at the bottom of the lake, they had been horrible tortured, as they should be.

1 year later the ex disappeared and parts of her are mailed to her family on her birthday for 4 years.

The other two just vanished on a foggy night, a woodchipper is a awesome thing, on a pig farm. dangel dip..dangel dip....think about me now gail?

lololololol

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 4 years ago
Keep writing.

Tom staying into the evening lowered my score to a four. I realize that enabled him to get a kick in. But still, why would he stay there?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good but incomplete.

Needs more to complete story.

iameaseliameaselalmost 4 years ago

His moping and just letting them do whatever they wanted made him out to be such a wuss. Nice try though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was OK, but you just can't replace the physical issue with the emotional issue.

She fell in love with her boss and lacked the commitment and discipline to restrain herself to save her marriage. She willing took a risk, betting that her supposedly one weekend would be worth trading her marriage for. There are a lot of reasons and perspectives to say the marriage ended some time ago, but most definitely when she took off her rings and moved into the assholes bedroom. End of story, end of marriage.

But I for one am always chagrined by the weak-willed authors who can't embrace the logical male reaction to having your wife's adultery flaunted and thrown in their face: violence and rage. And not to save the marriage, that has already been ruined before they started fucking. The violence and rage would be in response to having the security guard and the whore in attendance. She conspired with her lover to treat her husband like a mule, and offer him a carrot or a stick. He should have chosen the stick.

In any number of way he should have wreaked such violence and rage on the whole party that the weekend would be ruined. Something like stabbing Freddy in the neck with a steak knife while they were sitting at the dinner table, or finding a gas can where they kept the grounds equipment and setting the cars or the house on fire. Something completely outrageous and unexpected. Almost as outrageous, but not unexpected, as the wife choosing to give herself to her lover for the weekend, and thinking that her husband would accept the humiliation and abuse.

So its a good plot, but a weak and almost effeminate ending. In fact, its one divorce down, and one more to go before the two lovers can finally consummate the love affair they have been having for years. How is that punishing the wife? The cuck boy probably fell right into their secret plans. Rich boy will buy the wife out and live happily ever after with Molly.

Next time take some testosterone before you write a cheating wife story.

Thanks for the effort.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 4 years ago

Well written, but story left too much undone.

1*

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyalmost 4 years ago

I liked this one, good first effort. She admits to having an emotional affair which is certainly on par with a physical affair, some would say worse and have good reason for saying so. He was a bit too passive when she admits to being in love with her boss. A stronger husband would have called her on it right then and make her decide whether to go through with it or try to save marriage. I liked ending when she realized she lost both men after having two men that loved her only a few days before.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
I see it’s your first

You have potential

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Unfinished

There is a bunch of unfinished business not the least of which is dealing with an absent but very complicit Gail. The developer of the plan needs to pay. Chapter 2 seems to be in order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
If I was Tom

when I came out of my room and saw that they were hugging with red faces, I would have ran across the room and nailed that fucker before Larry had a chance to do anything. And then left, When I got home the first thing I would do is call a locksmith. That fucking bitch would have had to get a lawyer to get back in the house. The miserable cunt would be served before the ink dried. Although kicking that lowlife bastard made me smile. All in all, it was a good story. It sure got me riled. Rare lately. He also should have went over to Gail's house and kicked her in the cunt. Stupid bitch.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 4 years ago
A bad story...

A bad story with bad characters is always awful...No need for a part 2 if the husband doesn't take action against all of them (the lover's wife included)...2* for now

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Your first story

And already 120 comments. Welcome to the turbulent waters of loving wives stories.!

Think your story needed more meat , but maybe there is a s second chapter which fulfils that. Wife is truly delusional. One commenter said he never told her no , but he just never used that word. He made it clear that he was hurt angry and if she did this their marriage would likely be over. The fact that she basically ignored that and paid lip service to his pain is , as I said , delusional. Goid luck with your writing ! Fill in the holes !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I would love for you to finish this pleas

I enjoyed this can you please continue it!

Pappy7Pappy7almost 4 years ago
Wow, Larry's a big guy huh?

Well, some kind of stick would have taken care of him. Then the same stick on John and the about to be ex-wife. Maybe a meat tenderizer. To the annony last, he told her straight out he was not going along with this and it would ruin their marriage, that is not tacit approval by omission. When asshole brought her home and sat in front of the house in front of God and everyone and made out with her he should have had to leave in an ambulance. That is not closure, that is disrespect from both of them. If she loved John so much she should have divorced her husband then she could have had all of him she wanted. Girl was a cake eater. And it looked like it was going to give her a stomach ache. If there is a part 2, please don't make the husband nut up and swallow his own scrotum and take her back. She is for the road.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Finish the story

This ending has John skipping off to England with his wife after having a weekend fuck session with the "hard to get" Molly after all he was working her for four years. Tom the husband was suspicious for four years and already had spent a small fortune on private investigations. Tom had to be prepared for Molly's selfishness since he had her followed so long so he should have been prepared to dump her. The question is why other than gathering evidence would he stay at the cabin? When he finally assaulted John why didn't Tom tell Molly not to bother coming home? You have a target rich environment here to do a follow up story and show us how Tom was already prepared to handle her cheating if he caught her when he had her investigated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This story has a lot of potential

It's not an uncommon theme and it usually does create a lot of deep emotions. You do have an opportunity to take this in several different directions. Everything to him Wimping out and becoming a cuckold to burn the bitch down. Lots of room for character development. Good luck with it and please do go ahead and write another chapter.

blackswordblackswordalmost 4 years ago
It seem unfinished

You need to add developp your story a little more, no...a lot more! Also the husband is too passive! In her pov he gave her his approbation by staying. And he has waited to long before calling Gail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Okay, but Unfinished

Pretty good effort but it is unfinished. Three stars.

Seem to me he should taken off her wedding ring and flushed it down the toliet, got in his car and went home as soon as the wife "explained things". Given what went down, whether she left right then and there with him or not he could never trust her. Even trying to pull that off is a marriage killer for most men.

He would have all week end to move.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stupid people...and a ripoff of RichardGerald's "The Bridge" plot.

I applaud the posting by the first-time author, but the characters were just stupid

First the husband:

1. "I thought seriously about just leaving, and filing for divorce, but I had to know what this is all about, and how far it would go."

Stupid! He ALREADY knew what was this was about, and how far it would go. His wife TOLD HIM what was going to happen. Why wait around? Then he sits down to dinner with the lovers?? And his only comment is that the wife removed her rings?

Then Gail:

1. She WASN'T worried when the two lovers worked side-by-side for four years, but now - when they'll be thousands of miles and an ocean away - she's worried about them being in constant contact? Stupid. Isn't it just as likely that the love affair would fade with time & distance?? And so what if they were in "constant contact." They couldn't do anything about it.

Finally, this plot is a ripoff of RichardGerald's "The Bridge."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Rest of The Story ?

The story is over. This woman just said to her "loving husband" I am in love with John. If he keeps her every time they fuck he will do so with sure and certain knowledge that she is thinking of her lover. He will know forever he was her second choice. The rest of the story is, they separate, divorce, he lives a sad, miserable live dreaming of what could have been...Or he finds true love and lives happily ever after.

She lives a sad miserable live ...Or she finds a cuck who willingly puts up with or even enjoys her crap. This marriage when she informed him of her plan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This was more like an idea for a story than a complete story

Hubby kicks her lover, he doesn't have sex with the woman brought for him, he leaves leaving his wedding ring behind, and the wife returns still surpised at his decision?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liked the story.

Women do forgive infidelity easier than men. Basically men will screw anything even without alcohol or drugs. Women generally need emotional involvement absent the alcohol or drugs. Therefore, more of a betrayal than a guy just screwing some woman. This is pointed out when Molly says that she’s “in love” with her boss. That makes it a whole different ballgame for the husband in spite of the prenuptial agreements. The wife will treasure the weekend rather than it being a mere mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This could have been a great story, if.....

This could have been a great story, if.....

Slow down the processes of the ending.

Add in more details to his drive home and what he did there.

I know II would be canceling credit cards and changing the locks.

I would be doing whatever I could to protect myself.

I would take the postnup as a reference to what they planned

He has received not you need to show the balancing of the scales as she gets hers'.

Good stories the readers want to see / feel the emotions, and see the good guys life balance out to some degree. Please add a part 2 and address the above items.

bioman57bioman57almost 4 years ago
An ok start..

But it needed a bit more back story. And for closure you need to finish your story completely, not just him telling her that she is out of the Master Bed room and that he would see someone about a divorce. Please give a bit more to this sorry tale. He did not at any point tell her his expectations nor what would happen if she did this.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasalmost 4 years ago
Nice Twist

I love the twist you gave it where the two cheaters had to sign contracts agreeing never to see each other again. So your last sentence is particularly powerful since in most stories the cheaters do not lose each other and their spouses at the same time. Nice touch. The story could use some fleshing out as others have mentioned, but a great first contribution. Good job

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

WTF? Hubby got lucky with The Lovers coming out for a midnite swim. Why in fuck was he still there? And why was he home when Sweetie got back? Motel 7 is not that expensive! Her number should be blocked on his telephone, also!

BTW, a good bodyguard would have had a cot outside of Hubby’s room and his wife had no need to be at the lodge at all. Her presence is just a distraction in his guard work!

The tale about the Hubby in a similar circumstance in upstate NY (as I recall) did it much better, by burning down the sole access wooden bridge (and hiding all the liquid resources of the realty for a week or more.)

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
Hard

It’s hard not to crush you because it’s incomplete. Why write a story and just stop with no ending?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
not bad for a first story!

All in all, not bad for a first story on this site.

There was enough different about the build-up to hold my interest, but as others have said already, the ending was disappointing. Even having him tell Molly not to bother coming home now that she no longer has a marriage after he drop-kicked John would have been better than just walking away. If she still stayed the weekend and came home thinking things would be ok in the end, that might have led to more compelling dialog? His being so matter-of-fact and her just accepting it and walking away at the end is utterly unbelievable.

I also think it would have been really amusing for your protagonist to at least pretend to go after Janet, telling Larry to take the hooker, since his approval of what John and Molly are doing should mean Larry is fine with adultery, right? [grin]

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Part 2 to follow?

I assume there will be a follow up - quite good as far as it goes but needs the rest of the stroy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Details

Ok story. Nothing special because it's not really finished. Proof of infidelity is not required anyway unless it's to be used for leverage in a divorce. But then he was only filing for a separation. And living in the same house. Separate bedrooms, of course. Reminds me of the story https://www.literotica.com/s/a-promise-made-a-vow-broken. Your story was the same except no conclusion. Still good writing. 3 stars

NsfwavengerNsfwavengeralmost 4 years ago
Not enough

This is one of the best cheating wife premises, but really can’t be told in story as short as this. Thanks for trying.

tuatarahtuatarahalmost 4 years ago
Great

Great, look forward to another episode.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
lacks depth

just a recitation of events. More effort on considerations of the emotional thinkings and feelings would fill out the story.

premshankerpremshankeralmost 4 years ago
Faith was Intact

YES,MOLLY was faithful in normal terms.

They worked together for 4 long years, but wife resist any advances

Only at end of 4 years, when they are separating finally, Wife asked for a 'Hall Pass' for an week-end only

Husband instead granting the Pass ,beat the Boss , making him incapable for any sexual act.

Hence couple failed to make it out. So Molly remained 'intact,' IN FAITH

Waiting for next episode ...........

RGRSHANRGRSHANalmost 4 years ago
Best Revenge

What he can do is to divorce her and let her go after that guy. It will ruin the plan of the other wife to save her marriage by sacrificing the marriage of this couple.

grogers7grogers7almost 4 years ago

When you are in love with your wife it is very difficult to simply toss her out and move on with your life. Very difficult.

What could she possibly do to remain in a happy marriage?

Forgiveness in a relationship requires two active participants: one to forgive, and the other to accept forgiveness. Accepting forgiveness requires humility and true remorse that is expressed by acts of contrition -- behavior over time that is witness to the inner feelings. Molly's behavior over the previous 4 years continually demonstrated her inner feelings of inappropriate love for another man. Divorce may be difficult for her, but not painful; her lover will be traveling internationally, and they will be able to satisfy their lust

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ok start

I guess if once she told him of the weekend plan he just up and left then there would be no story, right? But to stay around to see how far it goes? And then just do nothing? Very anti climatic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
120 comments so quickly!

Well done or is it a bump?

Still, it needs finishing, no it needs rewriting.

It was okay, but his reactions his reactions aren't natural.

Someone adamant about stopping the charade, would have faced off to John and let molly see what a hero she is planning on throwing her marriage away for as Larry defends John. After he would have packed his bags and given the choice to join him or leave him. TBH, just the set up would have destroyed most marriages as she has no respect for it, but no harm in screwing her weekend before kicking her to the kerb.

Assuming he was there for dinner, the no wedding ring would surely be a final straw. Take his off in front of everyone and put it on the table and leave.

Then there's the not checking him at pool telling him who she cares more for and even then she is too stupid to realise what she is doing.

Certainly deserves changed locks and a pile of possessions on the porch waiting for her.

Gail obviously wasn't happy, have to wonder how long before she returned from England.

It was a reasonable start but needs much more to fill it out properly and more realistic reactions.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Another Comment

You said that the PI reports cost thousands of dollars. Where did he get the money: Trust fund, inheritance? Normally a spouse can't hide that big an expense, so there has to be a reason he had the money. Can you imagine the fallout if it came from savings for a vacation, car, education, etc... He already didn't trust her (several PI reports) and her Boss, why didn't he have the PI team cover the cabin that weekend? After hearing her story he could have said he needed some time by himself, drove off (got away from the car in case it was bugged and call the PI firm), and at the least used his cell phone (maybe he could have gotten some voice activated recorders) to record some of the conversations since everyone was in on it except him, and maybe some pictures and / or video. Why did you go for a separation? Unless that makes more sense legally as your going to sue the company, and the people involved. I seriously recommend doing a re-write, and expanding what happens next. Also, you can do a second story from her point of view. Both stories should have some background - how they grew up, any major events that shaped their character (i.e. they feel very strongly about honesty, trust, loyalty, fidelity, etc...), and then you need to cover the aftermath of the event, which can cover several years. You also need to include family, friends and church, because very few people are true hermits and adultery affects a lot of people. Sometimes reconciliation is possible, but this was deliberate, planned, and cold hearted. In my opinion he should be going for a scorched earth/nuclear response UNLESS his lawyer tells him otherwise. He should be divorcing the wife (completely cutting off ALL contact), sue her company and every individual involved(that should have some interesting effects on the security chief and his wife, not to mention the CEO and his wife - this is an HR & PR nightmare), and I'd also make sure the truth (with evidence) got out to both families and friends. Of course the divorce settlement (assuming 50/50) would insist on 1) she has to go back to her maiden name, 2) (maybe) her wedding ring is cut into pieces right there in the law office (gold is nice and soft) - a nice physical demonstration of her destroying the marriage, and 3) insisting that she never contact him in any way.

You made a decent 1st effort, and I hope you take my suggestions to heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Couldn't suspend my disbelief

The wife acts in a way that seems beyond bizarre. I know it's fiction, but you have to give me a reason to accept that she might act this way (other than there are a bunch of previous stories on this site that have other wives act bizarrely like this).

No reason presented as to why wife might have been induced to try this. Or why husband would hang around to see it done to him. Or why bosses' wife would be a party to it.

Give us a reason, even one that's a bit out there. For example, in Separate Vacations, DQS presents the wife acting in a way that is clearly far, far off the reservation. But he gives an explanation. Unlikely? Sure. But we'll follow along for the ride because he provides at least that fig leaf of a reason to suspend disbelief.

Knoxhard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No ending

So 2*. Flowed really well up to the non ending.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@Premshaker, no she WASN'T "intact!" That first afternoon she and John went off, and obviously had fucked.

"Molly walked out of the room and took John by the hand, as they disappeared from view," then "the next time I saw the lovers was at dinner, " then "I assumed, that by now my lovely wife had become an adulteress, thereby making me a cuckold." Granted, the third sentence says "assumed," but it's a pretty safe assumption!

@RGRSHAN. the other marriage is "safe" because of the pre-nup, but how happy can Gail be, knowing that her husband is really in love with another, and is only staying with her for the money? For that matter, BEFORE the pre-nups were signed, why were neither of these two lovebirds willing to simply divorce and be together?

@Anonymous Re: "Stupid people" - EXCELLENT point! They've avoided consummating their affair for four years, working side-by-side, even traveling together, and NOW his wife is worried enough to give them a weekend hall pass?!

premshankerpremshankeralmost 4 years ago
Faith intact

Yes , technically Molly was 'FAITHFULL'

Tthey worked together for 4 years , no 'hanky-panky'

After worked 'faithfully with Boss , Wife asked for 'Hall Pass '

Flar1958Flar1958almost 4 years ago
Stolen by the Bridge

Too near to this story to unfinished. No likeably people without Jackie is the only real person she is escourt and does it right. All other only shadows in the dark. Gail are the worst to set up this sheme to destroy her man AND his lovergirl in the meaning Molly and husband. So to this fracment no stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Deja vu all over again

Sure reminds me of RGs story The Bridge. Two stars for effort and abrupt ending. Looking for part two.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

Only 1 star as no ending just ambiguous dribble. Other wise could of been good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
friends?

"i could be friends with Larry" HOW? he is just another bought and paid for whore like your wife. Just because he is the bouncer/pimp/overseer and not fucking your wife somehow makes him ok in your book?

The protagonist is completely fucked up in this story. The idea of "post-nuptial agreement" is fine, if she had showed it to anyone. It has too much BS to be credible.

Sorry, just more lame shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Solid

Liked the story but the ending was to abrupt

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Prem, you call a four year emotional affair, where she was IN love with her boss faithful? Spare me that kind of fidelity!

stinger82stinger82almost 4 years ago
When is chapter 2

Good buildup - I hope there is another chapter soon

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 4 years ago

A nice first story. Despite some of the problems pointed out by others, I like the story. Please keep writing.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Were I the husband while the wifey and dick wad were fucking I'd have gone and killed Gail, one for being party to planning it, two to take from dickwad his wife as he had taken mine

JackallsJackallsalmost 4 years ago
Poorstory

What a pile o crap

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

Nice job; too bad hubby didn't leave the lake house earlier. Sure, he kicked the SOB by the pool, but that was after the SOB banged hubby's wife. At least hubby is div9orcing the so-called wife. Too bad he didn't find a way to lock the slut out of his home. If you decide to write a sequel, I hope you don't turn hubby into a total wimp.

vhasstvhasstalmost 4 years ago
A good start

A great debut story. It could do with exploring a bit more, the dynamic in the home after the event and during the divorce could be interesting. Great loving wives stories will have emotional pain, consequences, the consequences will have pain. People will be changed by the events within the story. Explore that.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
"Faithful? The Aftermath"

There you go a suggestion for part two.

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 4 years ago
Needs to finish the story

Seems like the story is incomplete. Good start but,

Please finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interesting...

I like the idea and even enjoyed the execution, I just feel like the ending was lacking, he lost all momentun after leaving the cabin.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 4 years ago

So, you tried to improve on Richard Gerald's writing? - Failed.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 4 years ago
@sbrooks103 — re. Law suit

Depends on state residing. Some very very few still allow alienation of affection (I think 2), though from what I recall, most never win. There is also an alienation of affection equivalent, through some lawyerly language mumbo-jumbo, is also still available in certain states without alienation of affection laws.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story but needs a better end.

It is a good story, but needs a final chapter. In a similar story, the husband leaves at night from the cabin which is on an island, connected with a wooden bridge. He burns the bridge on the way out. The wife did not know he found out, before he left.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@etchiboy. maybe I made another comment, but I wasn't talking about Alienation of Affection lawsuits, but "suing the company, for 'not enforcing its morals clause.'"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope!

I would have walked out as soon as the bitch told me her plan to cuckold me. Why the hell would he stick around and wait while his wife fucks the asshole? Cut the bitch loose and move on. I would wonder into the kitchen, grab a nice knife and head out. If Larry tried to stop me, one of us would get bloody in a hurry! This guy knew his wife was having an emotional affair and should have forced the issue with her years ago. I suggest he go look for that little jar on his wife’s nightstand - you know, the one she in which she kept his BALLS! Maybe he could get them reattached?

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
For stories like these

You need why, where, when, and how. But most importantly you need to explain end results. The who, why, when , where and how of the results. Otherwise this story goes from a top 5 rating to a three or four. When was the divorce, what made her do it or think she could do that, where did it go from when she returned, was there more repercussions on john? Explore the story more, reader feels like the ending was slamming the door in our face. You have the talent to write really well, characters and plot are well thought out..... but take your time on the endings.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago

Pretty sure tons of other readers pointed this out already, but the premise of this story was obviously, heavily inspired by Richard Gerald's "The Bridge."

Also wouldn't be surprise that most found the original effort much more compelling.

Not that it's a bad effort (compare to the usual fare in LW, it's actually quite enjoyable!); but the author somehow made Tom, who we readers should see like a sympathetic character, into a wimpy a-hole. I don't really mind the 'asshole' stuff (hey, if you can't be a dock when your wife cheats on you...), but the weak-ass way he handle (why, oh why the fuck did he stick around after their first romp of sex?) annoyed me to no end. And this poor conclusion, where only separation seems to be the outcome of this? Please!

Yes sir, a second part is definitely needed to properly close down this tale. 'Wouldn't mind reading about the MC turning his ex's life into a true hell before he finally dump her for good (again, if you can't be a petty SOB after your wife told you she was in love with some other guy...) But I wonder if this kcfirst grow truly has what it takes, as a writer, to actually go the distance here.

'Guess only time will tell.

Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I agree with MightyHorny 100%

Richard Gerald's "The Bridge" is very similar. But it is a better read because it has more detail and a conclusion with explanation and closure.

Your writing is also good, but a bit sparse for my tastes. Another page or three.

Keep going. I will continue to read.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Could

Could have been a decent story but for the rushed crappy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
STAY QUIET BY THE HOT TUB...........

And take lots of pictures. Evidence of her actions and something for all the relatives and friends, coworkers and anyone else he could think of. And waiting until Monday?hell no. She gets served before she leaves the cabin. John and his wife would be served for spousal interference/alienation of affection/Intentional cruelty and anything else my lawyer could come up with. A detailed report of his actions with a subordinate would be sent to the corporate headquarters of the new company. Might not amount to much legally but social hell would be rained down on them all. This kind of shit would require as much punishment and pain as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just another heartless CUNT and a sissy LOSER husband story

Pathetic!

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 4 years ago

Wtf with the rushed ending. Ruined the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WTF? He was so angry...

He just threw a snit? Looks like she didn't lose much if she lost those two losers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous